• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definity

Anyone on right now (US) that I can catch a way point from so I can upgrade my hell hearding staff to inferno?

Definity#1145

maharg

idspispopd
So I played again today and I am having this issue in which whenever I alt+tab the game just slows to a permanent crawl and the only solution is to restart it. CPU/GPU usage seems normal, game is only using about 800k RAM in the task manager and every other application runs well, it's just Diablo. Whenever I hit Ctrl+R to check FPS it always shows 0, regardless of how the game is running. It only seems to be happening when I alt tab, and it happened once when the itunes auto updater showed up and minimized the game. What gives?

Edit: Here's a short video. Made sure there was nothing running in the background and I don't have any OC. It's happening constantly, and not only when I alt+tab I just realized.

Just started the game again and now it's there from the beginning, Ugh. Checked other games and those are running fine.

Do you actually mean 800k of RAM? Because that's ridiculously low.

Possibly switching caused its memory to all swap to disk so it's slow because it's paging it all back in. How much RAM do you have?

inky

No, of course not. Sorry, I meant 800,000k, but it moves between that and 1GB. I got 8 GB, I just meant to say that it was not the case that it suddenly spiked RAM or CPU usage (which is usually at about 45%) and that it was slowing the PC down, it's just this game as far as I am aware.

Investigating around, there's a lot of people with the same problem. Some believe it is down to a corrupted install, others blame the latest Nvidia drivers, of which a few have the same series of cards I do (560ti GTX). The latest driver install gave me a bunch of problems so I am thinking that might be a possible cause. I rolled back to a previous version and will keep testing. That the game essentially is throwing out a 0 value for FPS is confusing me. I don't know what could be causing this.

linsivvi

Yeah I still have Diablo running in the background as I am typing this message and the RAM usage is exactly at 800K right now. It's not really implausible as the min requirement is 1G RAM.

larvi

Weird.... I did have Tyrael with me. Maybe that's why?

It seems to depend on the pack, I think they have different regen rates. It could be monster dependent or just another random attribute they have. If you have monster hp number on you can actually hover your cursor over them and watch how fast they regain health.

If you want to see how much elemental arrow damage effects the price, do a search for the two most valuable stats on the quiver you have; observe the prices and active bids. Then, add elemental arrow damage to the search and see how that changes the prices.
It sold for a mil pretty fast. The quiver had 11 percent elemental and 7.5 crit with dex and max hatred. The elemental arrow was high. Compatibles with like 8 elemental were about 1-2 mil. So I priced to sell. Probably should have sold for more thinking about it now. Thanks again!

maharg

idspispopd
Yeah I still have Diablo running in the background as I am typing this message and the RAM usage is exactly at 800K right now. It's not really implausible as the min requirement is 1G RAM.

So, he's answered already, but to be clear and avoid any future confusion on the same lines: 800K is nowhere near 1G. He (and you) meant 800M.

I started tracking a few things -
33 straight resplendent chests without a single rare. 31 of those with 5 stacks. Why am I still playing this game?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
For lack of a better thing to do, we've resorted to killing 6 champ packs at once for entertainment.

Reminds me of when in Final Fantasy 14, there was such a lack of things to do end game, that we decided to kill level 99 monsters for shits and giggles (level cap was 50).

NecroRamone

Neo Member
Sold for 250 euros.

loot5.jpg

LordCanti

Sold for 250 euros.

loot5.jpg

This is one of those rare occasions where the 250 limit just isn't enough. If the limit was 500, it still probably would have sold.

FINALLY, I'm on act 1 right now, kill some tree or some shit, and a set ring drops on me... I'm thinking WTF could this be? Then, I think to myself, holy shit, it's gonna be Natalya's mark, just identified it and BAM! Natalya's Mark! Rare rings can be better but I'm happy I finally got a set item to drop.

NA server? If so, that's at least $50 I'd think. Could be in the hundreds depending on the stats.

Sigmaah

FINALLY, I'm on act 1 right now, kill some tree or some shit, and a set ring drops on me... I'm thinking WTF could this be? Then, I think to myself, holy shit, it's gonna be Natalya's mark, just identified it and BAM! Natalya's Mark! Rare rings can be better but I'm happy I finally got a set item to drop.

OOO lowest buyout for it is 40 Mill on AH?!? YOOOOOOOOO

My NM stats are:
Dex-123
IAS-7%
Int 68
Regen life 158
27 Fire Res

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I dont want to find another legendary until they are buffed. Just leads to disappointment. *Cough* Sky Splitter *Cough*

koji

Would anyone be so kind to suggest me a build for my wiz, I`m a bit lost atm and forums/youtube aren`t exactly helping. Bought some entry critchance/critdmg gear so I`m looking for something in that direction.

She`s 58 now so I`d like to start using it to get a hang of it, been looking at;

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bRXPOZ!adf!bbaZcb

and

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#RiXYVj!aXg!bcaZYa

But I don`t know... Also hard to actually try one out cause my critgear is lvl 60...

linsivvi

It seems to depend on the pack, I think they have different regen rates. It could be monster dependent or just another random attribute they have. If you have monster hp number on you can actually hover your cursor over them and watch how fast they regain health.

It's got nothing to do with mobs nature regen. In single player mode, if you leave elites alone for more than 10 seconds, they go back to full health no matter what.

I don't think it's Tyrael either, all he does is prevent the reset when he's fighting them on screen, once you resurrect the timer starts counting. It happened twice to me on 2 separate dungeons so I don't think I was mistaken. I'll see if I can replicate it again later though I don't do much solo runs these days.

syllogism

I don't see why Resplendant chests can't have one(at least) guaranteed rare with five stacks.
I kind of see why as it encourages leaving the chest and coming back later with 5 stacks, which is tedious. However, since the chest locations aren't very random and the vast majority of them are found in specific 2 level dungeons, it's easy to plan your run so that you will have the stacks when you find a chest.

Anybody else having weird frame drops? It's like the game stutters from time to time. It drives me nuts.

I'm running a phenom x4 at 3.6 ghz,
6 gigs of ram
GeForce GTX480 1536mb ddr5
and a caviar black HD.

Suggestions? Or does this shit just happen?

linsivvi

Anybody else having weird frame drops? It's like the game stutters from time to time. It drives me nuts.

I'm running a phenom x4 at 3.6 ghz,
6 gigs of ram
GeForce GTX480 1536mb ddr5
and a caviar black HD.

Suggestions? Or does this shit just happen?

Read this mega thread, perhaps this is the same issue you're having.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5270834509?page=1

Blizzard finally acknowledged the problem (reply on top of page 27) so hopefully a fix will be out soon.

syllogism

Jay Wilson says they are adding "a whole bunch of new loot technology" to be used with the legendaries, so I suppose that means unique affixes

Im loving this game, but I feel like Im missing a couple of things. Im pretty sure Im in the middle of the second act and I still dont know how to identify weapons, I also dont know where to find the papers for my blacksmith or gem crafter. Can anyone provide any insight into what Im doing wrong?

eek5

Im loving this game, but I feel like Im missing a couple of things. Im pretty sure Im in the middle of the second act and I still dont know how to identify weapons, I also dont know where to find the papers for my blacksmith or gem crafter. Can anyone provide any insight into what Im doing wrong?

right click items to ID
you probably need to get to the next difficulty to upgrade further

Number45

The pages you're looking for don't drop until you hit Nightmare difficulty, sounds like you've upgraded them as far as you can for now.

Danj

Jay Wilson says they are adding "a whole bunch of new loot technology" to be used with the legendaries, so I suppose that means unique affixes

New loot technology? What, are they gonna add heuristics to detect farmers and blare out a message going "FARM-LIKE ACTIVITY DETECTED" whenever the game thinks you're farming?

Danj

Why does linking your Paypal account to battle.net require you to have a credit card attached to it, when linking your Paypal account to your ebay account doesn't? It doesn't even make a difference if you have funds in the Paypal account, it still asks for a card details.

scy

New loot technology? What, are they gonna add heuristics to detect farmers and blare out a message going "FARM-LIKE ACTIVITY DETECTED" whenever the game thinks you're farming?

It then deletes your account while Bashiok trolls you.

It's fairly sophisticated.

Sigmaah

How much are these worth? I know the ring is more than 40 Mill (according to AH) but not sure about helm. Also, should I even sell them? they benefit me a lot, and I dunno if the gold is worth it!

wFkzg.jpg

Kry66.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom