• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Really bummed out that I stopped playing my wizard at level 40 to try out monk and WD, I'd love to cheese my way past Ghom and try to progress through Act 3 inferno again. I'll try it out for fun tonight though, assuming you have the right skills at level 40 already.

Radec

Finally home, Haha exploit working as intended.

Pressing both archon and teleport at the same time while hovering your mouse to your character.

Belgorim

lol at exploit, too bad my wiz is only 37....

Anyone tried any fun challenges yet? I'm going to try get a few friends along for some kind of living of the land challenge. HC characters, no repeating of content, no AH, no Merchant use (except for ones found out in the wild) etc etc.

Just to see how far you can get.

I used to love playing diablo 1 with Ironman-rules.

Definity

Anyone still making sells on the AH? It's been a few days for me. I'm slowly bringing my prices down and in some case undercutting but still nothing.

Celegus

Anyone still making sells on the AH? It's been a few days for me. I'm slowly bringing my prices down and in some case undercutting but still nothing.

Nope, I haven't been able to sell a single thing in a week. Not that I've found anything very good, but most of it is pretty decent act 1/2 gear for 10-20k.

eek5

I've sold a bunch of stuff this week on GAH. RMAH is really hit or miss but I haven't had a lot of stuff listed there so no big deal.

For GAH always check if people are bidding on the stuff you're undercutting. Check no-buyout items for bids to price against as well.

I'm looking the WD helm that looks like tentacle with yellow eyes ? I never saw it in the game and I was wondering if it's an iLevel, legendary or set ?

linsivvi

Just sold about 14M worth of items yesterday. If you want to move items quickly, you cannot just follow the "market price". Many of those million+ items on the GAH are overpriced. Always check to see how much people are willing to bid.

Definity

Ha. As soon as I posted that I sold a $10 item and a 500k gold item.

I did find a six prop helm recipe last week and have been making some gold off of those. Cost me about 150k each to make including mats. Sold one for upwards of 4.5mil.

Thinking about doing a give away here to GAF on a few of these helms if I get a chance. :)

I farmed Vault of the Assasin all weekend and didn't get a thing. Not a thing. I decided to start farming Azmo runs this morning before work. I've got my monk doing some pretty decent damage and the combo of Resolve > Firestorm > Concussion gives me the ability to run Overwave instead of hard target or something along those lines. My base DPS is up to 31K. Feels good man. Anyway ... did an Azmo run this morning and got my first 6 prop plan. Weapon ... bah ... ultimate troll.

I won't have the MF gear for farming, but I think I'm going to stick to act III anyway. Act II is getting boring.

scy

How would one go about this? As far as I can tell there is no way looking at an item to see if anyone has actually bid on it.

It's not foolproof, but things with 2,750,000 looking values generally don't have bids on them. There may be a better way.

Just try to bid on it. If the minimum bid is the same as the displayed bid then noone has bid on it yet. If the minimum bid is higher than the displayed bid, that means someone has bid on the item already.

larvi

Just try to bid on it. If the minimum bid is the same as the displayed bid then noone has bid on it yet. If the minimum bid is higher than the displayed bid, that means someone has bid on the item already.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the tip.

thats because the majority of players who'd be buying have gone on a hiatus.

Not only that, but there is an extremely high amount of low and mid tier gear poured into the game right now. Blizzard has to find a way to "break" this gear and make it disappear from the A.H so low tier and mid tier gear starts selling again.

Danj

So I finally found out why Battle.net requires you to add a credit card to Paypal if you want to link the account, apparently it is because Battle.net requires your Paypal account to be verified. I looked on Google to see if there is a way to verify the account without using a card but basically the suggestions are all to get virtual cards and use one of those. So I guess I will wait till payday and get myself an entropay card or something.

garath

What's going on? Essences have been plummeting. I opted not to sell when they were below 1200 on Friday and every time I check they are lower. I opted to cut my losses and sell at 984 today.

Granted I don't sell often so maybe this is a normal market fluctuation? I'd think with the bots getting banned there'd be more demand if anything.

What's going on? Essences have been plummeting. I opted not to sell when they were below 1200 on Friday and every time I check they are lower. I opted to cut my losses and sell at 984 today.

Granted I don't sell often so maybe this is a normal market fluctuation? I'd think with the bots getting banned there'd be more demand if anything.

I was going through my blues and seperating out all LVL 60 items below 1K. They tanked this weekend so hard I just started vendoring all blues and yellows that weren't AH worthy.

I'm doing my part to get those prices back up.

Ashhong

So I finally found out why Battle.net requires you to add a credit card to Paypal if you want to link the account, apparently it is because Battle.net requires your Paypal account to be verified. I looked on Google to see if there is a way to verify the account without using a card but basically the suggestions are all to get virtual cards and use one of those. So I guess I will wait till payday and get myself an entropay card or something.

Is this a problem for you because you do not have a credit card at all? Or you just don't want to link one?

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Get your paypal account verified using your bank account. That's how you're gonna withdraw the money anyway.

linsivvi

How would one go about this? As far as I can tell there is no way looking at an item to see if anyone has actually bid on it.

Yeah like others said just bid on it. You will find that many of the expensive stuff have no bidders and it's likely to remain that way.

LordCanti

I do $20-$30 a day just dicking around for a couple of hours with GAH/RMAH flipping. I buy a certain item for the 500k people often put them up, and then sell it for $5. Rinse, repeat.

On the whole though, yeah, fewer things sell. That's what happens when Blizzard puts lvl 63 drops in Act 1, and makes all but the very top rolls worthless (for most items).

zulux21

I don't know if you can tell how much someone has bid, but you can easily tell if someone has a bid on it by just hitting the bid button...
if it pops up Starting Bid it has no bids.
if it pops up Current bid it has bids.

also when it pops up current bid it will ask you to pay more then the current bid you see o_O;

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
That armor i posted a few days ago sold for $133. I dont know what you guys are talking about things not selling!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LcNSp.jpg

So invulnerable wizard STILL works. Not been addressed on the forums. Where the hell is Blizz?

Any programmers that can chime in on how big a fix this would be?

syllogism

So invulnerable wizard STILL works. Not been addressed on the forums. Where the hell is Blizz?

Any programmers that can chime in on how big a fix this would be?
They probably can't fix it server side, so they will rather wait until tuesday's maintenance rather than taking the servers down immediately. Of course, people will whine no matter which route they take.

e: actually wouldn't be surprised if it took longer than that

They probably can't fix it server side, so they will rather wait until tuesday's maintenance rather than taking the servers down immediately. Of course, people will whine no matter which route they take.

e: actually wouldn't be surprised if it took longer than that

I just find it amazing that no CMs have addressed it at all. Come to think of it, aside from the Mike Morhaime post, CMs have been absent.

I wonder if there is a shake up going down at the Blizzard offices. Granted they sold a buttload of copies initially, but they can't be happy with how things are going down right now.

LordCanti

I can't believe it's not fixed yet. Full invulnerability... people will be clearing Hardcore with this. Speaking of which, what level do I have to survive until to get the skills necessary to do this? I'd love that hardcore completion achievement :p

I wonder if the people who spend money on the RMAH will have buyers remorse? It can't be that bad otherwise people would stop buying, yet the industry keeps trucking on.

I just can't imagine spending money on getting an item for this game. Spending anything over say 10-20 bucks seems like an exercise in stupidity.

Tom Penny

Is crit chance percentage and crit damage percentage calculated into you DPS per second? I'm basically trying to figure out if it shows a higher DPS with one off hand weapon than the other is it automatically better overall.

Is crit chance percentage and crit damage percentage calculated into you DPS per second? I'm basically trying to figure out if it shows a higher DPS with one off hand weapon than the other is it automatically better overall.

Yes ... you can test by changing out gems on a socketed weapon to see the effects.

Tom Penny

Yes ... you can test by changing out gems on a socketed weapon to see the effects.

This is really stemming from trying to figure out the correct ratio of chance to damage to max results. I have 38% chance and 238% damage but am I better off lowering my chance to like 30% and raising damage to 300%?

LordCanti

If I've got until tomorrow morning to finish hardcore as a Wizard.... I've got some leveling to do.

Anyone with a high level hardcore character (NA server) willing to knock out some bosses before I hit level 30/god mode?

(I'm right in thinking I just need level 30 right? Going by the Wizard calculator, that is the level at which I have both Archon and Teleport. If I need higher level runes or something, let me know)

You need to be level 43 to get teleport fracture rune which is required

So I have to get through half of nightmare without dying... hmm.....

With my gold/the ability to twink, it would be doable. Without any gold though.... mmm....

(Not to say that I couldn't do it, just that it's tough given the time restraints)

LordCanti

servers going down in 20 min... bye bye god mode

Ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Oh well. Only wasted half an hour getting my wizard to the skeleton king in HC.

If I had known they'd leave god mode in the game for an entire day, I'd have jumped on it. Oh well.

Ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Oh well. Only wasted half an hour getting my wizard to the skeleton king in HC.

If I had known they'd leave god mode in the game for an entire day, I'd have jumped on it. Oh well.

Darn it! I just read about this mode :(

I had stopped playing at the beginning of Inferno (softcore) a while ago. I could have actually finished the game without spending an eternity grinding.

Soi-Fong

Server is about to be shutdown and I've tried to get as much progress with my wizard! beat azmodan and diablo so im happy! only boss to beat now is belial which is completely possible with my other char.. along with this i got some pretty good loot as well.

Pretty much played for the whole day. lol

Sooo happy I chose a wiz and it was 60!! Everyone i played with was wondering how the eff was I not dying! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom