• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

tried it 10 times, no god mode.

After almost 200+ rares, only got like 5 that can probably sell in AH and none that I can equip.

Act 3-4 farming wasn't that good after all.

lol

Went into act 3 with godmode, and in 1 run got a legendary ring and a 1300dps 2 hander :D

speaking of, I don't know how to price this..

iBJmn.jpg

Searching for only 3 stats at a time, it seems like the going rate is only like 300k or so. But when you add in vitality or gold find, I would imagine it raises it quite a bit no?

sleepykyo

I miss it already. I'm not sure if I can go back to dealing with all the bs (jail, nightmare, shielding, and invulnerability) when all the drops from the tainted act 3 and act 4 run plus all the legit drops over the weekend were complete garbage.

LordCanti

Went into act 3 with godmode, and in 1 run got a legendary ring and a 1300dps 2 hander :D

speaking of, I don't know how to price this..

iBJmn.jpg

Searching for only 3 stats at a time, it seems like the going rate is only like 300k or so. But when you add in vitality or gold find, I would imagine it raises it quite a bit no?

I don't think gold find adds much value. People with really high end budgets stack MF on their top kit, not GF. GF kit can be had dirt cheap, and the people that use it generally just farm Act 1 (gold doesn't scale with act, as far as I know.)

There's only three stats you need to search for: Dex, Vita, Res All. Look for stuff around the 500 armor mark, and realize that yours is less valuable than stuff with more dex/vita/a secondary resistance (which would make a monk want it more).

Ha!, that's nothing. I used to play a shitty MMORPG where game breaking exploits/bugs would take months and even YEARS to get fixed. The GMs ignored blatant bot-ing and the use of forbidden third party tools... and more than once they even supported the broken crap that they were suppose to ban.

And I'm not talking about Diablo 3... yet.

I used to play a 2D Korean MMO that fits the bill. Bugs went unpatched, exploits mostly stayed in. At one point the economy was run by a thirteen year old who had cornered the political system in the game by bribing people with in game gold, items, and favors.

D3 isn't that bad.

Ashhong

I don't think gold find adds much value. People with really high end budgets stack MF on their top kit, not GF. GF kit can be had dirt cheap, and the people that use it generally just farm Act 1 (gold doesn't scale with act, as far as I know.)

There's only three stats you need to search for: Dex, Vita, Res All. Look for stuff around the 500 armor mark, and realize that yours is less valuable than stuff with more dex/vita/a secondary resistance (which would make a monk want it more).

Cool thanks. I threw it on the RMAH for now but will do what you say when its off.

Damn, my Stone of Jordan legendary sold for 800k in like 5 minutes. I guess I undervalued it :(

koji

Used to play Lineage myself so I've seen my share of hacking/botting bullshit but that game never advertised an ingame RMAH.

Can't say I'm really surprised though but I just thought that this was going to be different. So naive lol!

LordCanti

Cool thanks. I threw it on the RMAH for now but will do what you say when its off.

Damn, my Stone of Jordan legendary sold for 800k in like 5 minutes. I guess I undervalued it :(

SOJ's can be pretty valuable, depending on the roll.

:( it looked pretty crappy to me, and nothing really special compared to what I saw.
3% bonus to elites
40 LOH
maybe 10 max arcane power
and other low value affixes.

though now that I look again, I don't see any SOJ with Wizard affixes for cheap. ah well...it's funny because I actually didn't see the ring on the ground at first. I happened to be back tracking and saw it on the ground next to some fire. damn thing blended in lol

Yeah, sounds like junk. Maybe 800k was a fair price.

Ashhong

SOJ's can be pretty valuable, depending on the roll.

:( it looked pretty crappy to me, and nothing really special compared to what I saw.
3% bonus to elites
40 LOH
maybe 10 max arcane power
and other low value affixes.

though now that I look again, I don't see any SOJ with Wizard affixes for cheap. ah well...it's funny because I actually didn't see the ring on the ground at first. I happened to be back tracking and saw it on the ground next to some fire. damn thing blended in lol

Cipherr

Explain...slowly....for the rest of the class :p

Choose the charge skill with the rune that gives you 8% life for every target hit and use it to charge INTO the start of a cutscene.

If done right the 8% per hit stays on permanently and procs from every offensive damage you deal. Each swing each tornado tick, everything. Like 20k heals per tick keeping you topped off.

You aren't invulnerable though, you just run around with the equivalent of like 15k LOH.

LordCanti

Anyone else unable to log into the NA server? I've tried three times now, and it keeps getting stuck at retrieving hero list.

Edit: Got logged in; Can't select a hero. WTF Blizzard?

Choose the charge skill with the rune that gives you 8% life for every target hit and use it to charge INTO the start of a cutscene.

If done right the 8% per hit stays on permanently and procs from every offensive damage you deal. Each swing each tornado tick, everything. Like 20k heals per tick keeping you topped off.

You aren't invulnerable though, you just run around with the equivalent of like 15k LOH.

So it only works on bosses? That isn't very helpful unfortunately. Well, I mean, if you still need to take down Diablo it's obviously massively helpful, but not so much otherwise.

Good for you guys who went in and exploited some items for yourself!
I would not do that, it stinks.

What?

i have not tried it myself but you keep the barb god mode until you die.

Awwwww shit! Now we're talking.

Anyone (NA server) around that I can bum GHOM off of in Inferno?

V_Arnold

That just makes you a mug. Who exactly would you be hurting by playing invulnerable?

Well, I would like to believe that behind the great items, there is usually a great deal of effort. If someone is legit in farming Act3/4, had worked on items and proper defenses, while others waltz around invulnerable style and reap the same rewards... well, you see the picture.

But then again, I did not do any resp/goblin farms either. I am guilty of one hour of Royal Crypting manually though, without +globe/gold pickup range items, because I was broke :p

LordCanti

Well, I would like to believe that behind the great items, there is usually a great deal of effort. If someone is legit in farming Act3/4, had worked on items and proper defenses, while others waltz around invulnerable style and reap the same rewards... well, you see the picture.

But then again, I did not do any resp/goblin farms either. I am guilty of one hour of Royal Crypting manually though, without +globe/gold pickup range items, because I was broke :p

A great deal of effort....or money :p

No effort really, just a slightly higher drop rate in act 4.

I can't speak for everyone, but I noticed a significant drop in DPS (was taking ages to kill elites that I usually smash to pieces) when I used the bug so it was only really like swapping in a bunch of resist all / vit gear in for my super high int / crit gear.

Wedge7

Been trying to replicate that bug, cant seem to get it to work

I'm currently trying it on ZK, trying to "charge" into the cutscene, but never seems to work. I selected furious charge, and the rune that gives you back 8%. Anyone actually get it to work, or does it only initiate or start on Ghom specifically.

LordCanti

Been trying to replicate that bug, cant seem to get it to work

I'm currently trying it on ZK, trying to "charge" into the cutscene, but never seems to work. I selected furious charge, and the rune that gives you back 8%. Anyone actually get it to work, or does it only initiate or start on Ghom specifically.

I want to test it, but I don't have the Ghom WP in Inferno.

Edit: NM. My barb doesn't have the resists for A3 anyway.

eek5

I got it to work. Seems like you have to cancel as soon as possible.

edit: kind of pointless though if you plan on farming. You still need to basically be able to do A3. It's still easy to die to stuff like getting jailed on top of 5 desecrator pools, vortexed onto an arcane orb etc. which pretty much resets the bug and means you'll have to be able to clear normal until the next boss

Reminds me of my friend yesterday:

He wanted to finish Diablo 3 inferno - so he leveled his sorc from 55 to 60 and entered inferno act 1 with 15k dps :)

After 20 minutes he turned the game off :D

syllogism

By the way I'm still successfully selling gold every 36 hours on EU. It's probably generally more profitable and certainly easier and reliable than trying to sell items on EU RMAH. Just put up several stacks of gold (don't put all up once) and at least parts of them should sell when they are about to time out.

syllogism

I probably wouldn't sell either if I could find decent upgrades, but I have to basically spend 100m+ for a meaningful upgrade (well cheaper for some slots, but for those slots the upgrades won't actually do me much good) AND spend so much time on AH refreshing and I'm not really interested in wasting any time by this point

That feeling when you reach 60 and you stuff your character with items you stocked for him. That feeling when you go from 20 to 40k HP, and from 5k dps to 15 in a few seconds.

Now my WD is level 60 and he was my last character to reach that cap level.

Now what ? 300 hours in, time to far with my main and get better gears for all my characters.

NecroRamone

Neo Member
Identified 2 tabs of maxlvl unids (i'll post the video tomorrow), got these babies as the best rolls. I'm in trouble with the soulders price coz can't really find a similar one that has DEX like this, not talking about the % life. Any Idea? (EU)

stuff01.jpg

Definity

Related, saved searches on the AH would be REALLY useful.
Would also love it if when you switch between gah and rmah that your search params stayed. Hate typing it over and over when checking price differences.

On another topic-i dinged 60 with my DH. What stats should I need for act 1 inferno? My resists are a bit low but dps goes up to 70k with the passive that increases your crit over time.

garath

Would also love it if when you switch between gah and rmah that your search params stayed. Hate typing it over and over when checking price differences.

On another topic-i dinged 60 with my DH. What stats should I need for act 1 inferno? My resists are a bit low but dps goes up to 70k with the passive that increases your crit over time.

What's your dps without sharpshooter and steady aim?

Identified 2 tabs of maxlvl unids (i'll post the video tomorrow), got these babies as the best rolls. I'm in trouble with the soulders price coz can't really find a similar one that has DEX like this, not talking about the % life. Any Idea? (EU)

stuff01.jpg
those are amazing, nice.

I feel like I'm totally stagnant with my DH. I have 61K dps (40% crit chance) without sharpshooter. I hit a wall. Can't get it higher without spending a super shitton. I mean it's getting my by but EHHH.

garath

those are amazing, nice.

I feel like I'm totally stagnant with my DH. I have 61K dps (40% crit chance) without sharpshooter. I hit a wall. Can't get it higher without spending a super shitton. I mean it's getting my by but EHHH.

You're doing better than I am. I'm around 46k give or take without sharpshooter. I recently scrapped my 2h build and have been trying to find a decent 1h. Just to mix it up. I have 2 1h's that give me 41k dps but 10k more hp (up to 50k). Trying that for awhile. Might get lucky and snipe a good main 1h.

Just bored. Act III sucks. I can do it but it's painful. Farming is dull. I haven't really been playing. Just checking AH once in awhile with my remaining 30m.

those are amazing, nice.

I feel you on that one. I'm right around there as well. I'm trying to slowly swap out stuff that adds to my magic find without sacrificing resists/vit/dps....tends to be a tad costly!

I'm at about 110% base MF so not horrible, but those shoulders posted above sure would be a sweet addition!

larvi

Finally beat the fat bastard Ghom with my DH. After multiple failures I went and searched for some tips and found this strategy which worked great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dt5ivSSjJs

Absoulutely no kiting, just stand in one spot till he dies. I had to spend about 800k on a 1h xbow, shield and a couple of misc armor pieces and swap out the dex gems in my gear for vit and down he went.

I feel you on that one. I'm right around there as well. I'm trying to slowly swap out stuff that adds to my magic find without sacrificing resists/vit/dps....tends to be a tad costly!

I'm at about 110% base MF so not horrible, but those shoulders posted above sure would be a sweet addition!
at least you got the good base mf, I don't even have that, lol.

garath

Finally beat the fat bastard Ghom with my DH. After multiple failures I went and searched for some tips and found this strategy which worked great:

Absoulutely no kiting, just stand in one spot till he dies. I had to spend about 800k on a 1h xbow, shield and a couple of misc armor pieces and swap out the dex gems in my gear for vit and down he went.

Hilarious. That life on hit is important for that strat. I like it though haha.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

One of the Demon Hunters I farm Act 3 with uses this spec with Nat's set. It's pretty fun.

Ashhong

Getting an "installation error" when I try to load the launcher. I'm not even going to bother reinstalling this if it comes to that. Anything I should do to try and fix it? It just says "initializing game" and the play option never comes up before giving that error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom