• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting an "installation error" when I try to load the launcher. I'm not even going to bother reinstalling this if it comes to that. Anything I should do to try and fix it? It just says "initializing game" and the play option never comes up before giving that error.

I got that and restarted my comp and it worked fine. I also get the message if I try and start the game as it's just coming out of sleep.

Just got another legendary ... Ceremonial dagger ...

1.0.4 really needs to come. I'm looking forward to rarely used abilities being buffed too.

LordCanti

They really do need to spice up the rolls on stuff. For instance, instead of the 1-2% chance to whatever bullshit, it should be 40-50%, so that when you roll one with high damage (or whatever), it also has a fun modifier that makes it worth seeking out.

My money is on them just upping the base DPS/armor/etc to ilvl 63 specs though. They're lazy bastards.

Svafnir

They really do need to spice up the rolls on stuff. For instance, instead of the 1-2% chance to whatever bullshit, it should be 40-50%, so that when you roll one with high damage (or whatever), it also has a fun modifier that makes it worth seeking out.

My money is on them just upping the base DPS/armor/etc to ilvl 63 specs though. They're lazy bastards.

I think they know they fucked up, I can't see them half assing this

larvi

Just got another legendary ... Ceremonial dagger ...

1.0.4 really needs to come. I'm looking forward to rarely used abilities being buffed too.

I just found 1 too, Giant Skull helm. What's the point of a level 53 legendary even dropping in Act 3 Inferno? Last night it was Maximus 2 Hander, with it's legendary 600 or so dps. At least I can get a fiery brimstone out of that if nothing else.

koji

Oh, so we're talking about crap legendarys dropping in inferno, k guys I'm just gonna leave this little gem here I picked up a couple weeks ago in act1.

inferno_act1_kutloot.jpg

Seriously, what's the point, they actually spend time adding these items?

Still got it in my bank to teach me the value of good loot.

tafer

Ugh, found the nastiest elite/champion/whatever I have ever seen: Horde+napalm+arcane+vortex Sand Golem, just before fighting Kulle (Or something like that)

Actually, almost anything with horde is a royal pain in the ass if those minions have any sort of ground attack.

So GAF, what's the worse elite mob you have found?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So ive been farming Act 1 for a while now. about 265 MF with the stacks. That gear wont allow me to effectively farm Act 2 and beyond. Should i be sacrificing some MF to try act 2 or should i stay where im at. I do pretty decent i suppose on Act 1 but i wouldnt know any better.

Natiko

Banned
I know I'm miles behind everyone here but I was hoping to get some tips. I'm approaching the end of the Hell difficulty (in Act III) and I decided to start looking towards getting some gear for when I hit 60 soon....

....how the fuck do you guys afford any of this stuff? I'm not even trying to get ridiculous things, I just want stuff better than my current gear and I'm having a hard time finding stuff I can actually buy :(

Don't go for buyout auctions since they usually have godlike stats and price tags to match - go for items with auction only and you make a lot of bargain buying there.

Also make sure you collect every Tome of Jewelcrafting at hell diffuculty - those go for 1600 gold each.

koji

So ive been farming Act 1 for a while now. about 265 MF with the stacks. That gear wont allow me to effectively farm Act 2 and beyond. Should i be sacrificing some MF to try act 2 or should i stay where im at. I do pretty decent i suppose on Act 1 but i wouldnt know any better.

Welcome to my world. :)

Leveled myself a couple of other toons but it's the same story for every class I tried, faceroll act 1 with cheapish/semi-ok gear, want to progress in act 2? 1mil a piece/slot. (if you are lucky :lol)

But that's not really an answer to your question, I wouldn't know myself, only thing I know is that if I want to kill elites at the same speed as I'm killing them now I need to spend around 15/20mil (maybe even more) on the AH (weapon included). (and I have 700k atm)
And that's without taking MF into account. Oh and getting absolute shit for drops, "even" with my 264MF isn't helping either :lol

+ stuff on the AH is hard to sell lately

Man I'm a whiny little bitch :lol

Don't go for buyout auctions since they usually have godlike stats and price tags to match - go for items with auction only and you make a lot of bargain buying there.

Also make sure you collect every Tome of Jewelcrafting at hell diffuculty - those go for 1600 gold each.

What ? Now way lol

*runs the game, see the price tag in the AH*

*puts 200 tome on the AH*

*INSTANT 200k gold*

Holy crap

Natiko

Banned

Thanks for the advice, managed to snag a really nice ilvl 63 bow for only 2k thanks to this:lol Once I can equip it my buffed damage will basically double to nearly 60k. Might have to sell all my tomes too for some extra gold. Gonna need it for basically everything else I've looked into buying.

V_Arnold

I find the silence over the release date of 1.0.4 disturbing.
I understand that they brought the "one more week" special card out with the Mike Morhaime speech, but I totally expected SOME news and at least some blue talk regarding the balance changes, for example.

The fact that even Bashiok is deadly silent (if Blue trackers are not wrong) over the whole matter is either a good sign, or a bad one. I really hope that the patch is out next week.

Revoh

seriously, you guys think blizzard could save the game with patches?
only a expansion could make people interested again, imo.
haven't played in 3 weeks now I think. I only log in to try to sell a few stuff left every couple of days.

foladar

With MoP coming Sept 25th, looks like 1.1 wouldn't come out until November at the earliest. Wonder if they'll drag out 1.0.4 too since it's claimed to be meaty, probably around Guild Wars release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom