• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number45

Nice. Have just started again (all over again on a new realm as usual), that timing is pretty much perfect for me. ^_^

Have levelled all classes to 60, my interest always wanes once I stop levelling.

scy

With MoP coming Sept 25th, looks like 1.1 wouldn't come out until November at the earliest. Wonder if they'll drag out 1.0.4 too since it's claimed to be meaty, probably around Guild Wars release.

An unfortunate possibility. Hopefully we see it next week but since we haven't even heard details about 1.0.4... :/

RivalCore

seriously, you guys think blizzard could save the game with patches?
only a expansion could make people interested again, imo.
haven't played in 3 weeks now I think. I only log in to try to sell a few stuff left every couple of days.

No amount of patching, item drop rates and fixes will get me to turn on the game again. I want new content...lots of it.

Celegus

Finally killed Ghom only because of the Barbarian glitch, then got promptly murdered by the insane amount of mobs in the ballistae area. Slogging through the inferno gearcheck is really not fun for me, but playing twin witch doctors with my wife is still awesome. I'd like to get more characters to 60 before the patches hit, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of time.

I still think it's a good game, it just could be so much better.

koji

Welcome to my world. :)

Leveled myself a couple of other toons but it's the same story for every class I tried, faceroll act 1 with cheapish/semi-ok gear, want to progress in act 2? 1mil a piece/slot. (if you are lucky :lol)

I'm taking this back, messing around with a new build on my WD and I just killed Maghda, in the sewers right now and doing OK with relatively cheap gear. It's a zombie bears build though...

foladar

An unfortunate possibility. Hopefully we see it next week but since we haven't even heard details about 1.0.4... :/

My initial guess was:
1.0.4 (diablo) = early Aug
5.0.0 (WoW) = late Aug
MoP = Sept 25
1.1 = late Oct, early Nov

but I don't see how they could drag 1.0.4-> 1.1 nearly 3 months. Then again 1.0.3 -> 1.0.4 has been nearing a month already.

edit: apparently 1.0.3 came out June 19th so 1.0.3 came out over 5 weeks ago. Maybe they could stretch 1.1 that long.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Welcome to my world. :)

Leveled myself a couple of other toons but it's the same story for every class I tried, faceroll act 1 with cheapish/semi-ok gear, want to progress in act 2? 1mil a piece/slot. (if you are lucky :lol)

But that's not really an answer to your question, I wouldn't know myself, only thing I know is that if I want to kill elites at the same speed as I'm killing them now I need to spend around 15/20mil (maybe even more) on the AH (weapon included). (and I have 700k atm)
And that's without taking MF into account. Oh and getting absolute shit for drops, "even" with my 264MF isn't helping either :lol

That's why I stopped playing. I'm at Act I Inferno, but in order for me to do any good in Act II I need over 10 million in gold to buy appropriate gear. And Farming Act I for said gear has proven to be a waste of time. I've found that my best way to farm the gold is running Act III and IV in Hell, but it's just going to take SOOO long to do so.

The progression path for Inferno is so narrow, the only practical way seems to be farm gold and buy off the AH. Which would take me dozens of hours of gold farming.

I just have better things to do. The item drop rates really need serious tweaking so as to not require the AH to progress. Until that day arrives, I'm mostly done with the game I'm afraid.

Looking more forward to Torchlight II than playing more Diablo III, and I'm serious.

kennah

This sold pretty quickly for $7.99 buy out. I'm worried that I priced it too low.

Screenshotleg.jpg

It doesn't seem like it's worth more than two million.

V_Arnold

is there still a community going?

blizz should just abandon ship and get to work on diablo 4.

If something is faulty, you do not just work on a new numbered episode, but you correct it instead. The "meh, just create a new game" mentality is not the Blizzard way.

seriously, you guys think blizzard could save the game with patches?
only a expansion could make people interested again, imo.
haven't played in 3 weeks now I think. I only log in to try to sell a few stuff left every couple of days.

Uhm...is that a real question? Do you honestly think that it "cannot be saved"? :O
It definitely is not the consensus on the game's current state.

Xanathus

I think that the game can be saved by patches, I just don't think current day Blizzard is capable of it. What with the talks of Vivendi selling Acti-Blizzard, I wouldn't be surprised if they just wash their hands clean and stop supporting Diablo 3 shortly after the expansion. I'm no longer expecting Diablo 2 level post-game improvements anymore, it seems that they're just doing the bare minimum to keep sales going on.

Xamdou

If you did not send the gold to stash you can still check out what you sold.

Shift click the money in your auction house list to paste the item to the chat.

I figured that as well, just forgot how to do it lol

Now what is the deal with the barb glitch?

*puts on tinfoil hat*

My last 60 hours or so of farming have yielded nothing but junk. Then I heard someone say in a conspiracy thread that physical authenticators give you better drops. I had been using a mobile one, but I decided to give it a shot and go ahead with getting a physical authenticator. It arrived yesterday evening and I attached it to my account. I noticed no immediate difference. Then I started farming this morning, and what happens? A legendary drops after not finding one or a set item for the last 60 hours. Also, my drops are better in general. I'm finding less 50 items and more ilevel 60+ items with sweetspot stats int+vitality, etc.

Here's the legendary btw:

screenshot063jp.jpg

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
*puts on tinfoil hat*

My last 60 hours or so of farming have yielded nothing but junk. Then I heard someone say in a conspiracy thread that physical authenticators give you better drops. I had been using a mobile one, but I decided to give it a shot and go ahead with getting a physical authenticator. It arrived yesterday evening and I attached it to my account. I noticed no immediate difference. Then I started farming this morning, and what happens? A legendary drops after not finding one or a set item for the last 60 hours. Also, my drops are better in general. I'm finding less 50 items and more ilevel 60+ items with sweetspot stats int+vitality, etc.

Here's the legendary btw:

screenshot063jp.jpg

Busting your theory by saying that that particular glove drop has dropped three times for me in the last few days, and I'm using a mobile authenticator. :p

I'm all diablo'd out, so I booted up torchlight for the first time ever. It's been sitting on my HD since Steam Summer Sale 2011.

Is it wrong that I am having much more fun playing TL1 than D3? The only thing I don't like about TL is the levels are a bit stagnant visually. Otherwise, I am updating and swapping out loot constantly because, well, it's a loot game!

When I dinged 60 in D3, I was still wearing a lvl 27 ring lol. I have already swapped my rings in TL a dozen times and I'm only like lvl 10 at the moment.

Busting your theory by saying that that particular glove drop has dropped three times for me in the last few days, and I'm using a mobile authenticator. :p

How do I know you're not a Blizzard employee trying to keep this under wraps through a campaign of misinformation and shady back alley deals?

Definity

3 times? Damn. How much MF% do you have an how many hours have you been farming?

In over 200 hours I've only seen 5 legendary and 1 set item.

Revoh

Uhm...is that a real question? Do you honestly think that it "cannot be saved"? :O
It definitely is not the consensus on the game's current state.

I don't doubt in Blizzard's capacity of balance things and shit, the problem if that for me their ship already has sunk, the patch that in theory will introduce drastic changes is 1.1 and that is too far away.
With the amount of players dropping like crazy every week I seriously doubt people will be excited again for the game, also considering that Path of Exile will possibly launch (or go into open beta) around that time well, Blizzard might need a miracle.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
How do I know you're not a Blizzard employee trying to keep this under wraps through a campaign of misinformation and shady back alley deals?
^^

3 times? Damn. How much MF% do you have an how many hours have you been farming?

253% MF and they dropped literally within hours of each other in Act 3, two ~80 dex and one ~80 int roll (with similar other stats to what was shown above. They all became Brimstones quite quickly as they're only worth around 80k gold on the EU auction house.

I've had 9 legendaries in 160 hours playtime.

On another subject, could I have a price check on some items? I'm fairly oblivious to non-wizard gear personally:

The mace I reckon is around 10 million but the rest I'm clueless about. EU.

Definity

^^

On another subject, could I have a price check on some items? I'm fairly oblivious to non-wizard gear personally:

The mace I reckon is around 10 million but the rest I'm clueless about. EU.
I'm on the US servers but would love to have that shield for my lightning monk. Would be a good upgrade for me. I have no luck with shield drops at ALL.

MuggerMD

Banned
How does stacking MF on your follower work? Do you get the full MF buff or just a percentage?

Does it make sense to forget about getting them gear that would be beneficial to their skill set and just go for MF gear?

(Keep this thread alive!!)

mlaz14

How does stacking MF on your follower work? Do you get the full MF buff or just a percentage?

Does it make sense to forget about getting them gear that would be beneficial to their skill set and just go for MF gear?

I think you get a fifth of their mf.

I guess that depends on how you use them. I rather like my enchantress and her 4K DPS and buff's she provides.

If you're facerolling act I and don't need her though ... go for the MF gear I suppose. As the other poster said ... you only get 1/5 of the value or somthing along those lines.

accx

Got my first item sold at the RMAH! And even after qutting, lol.

A pair of monk pants with 2 sockets 80 dex, 80 vit, and a total of 115 all res (for monks).
made 50 euro. I had it up at 75 euro at first but it never got sold.

Just need another 50 euro item to justify my CE buy.

Zzoram

It's so much slower to level up new characters in this game than Diablo 2. High level characters can't really power level and rush you anymore, and I don't particularly care to do the more annoying quests so it becomes quite a slog to get new characters to 60.

By GAwwwd It's the first time in a hundred hours I actually got an item from farming that makes my character BETTER. I got a level 63 glove that has 117 dex, 49 crit damage, and 8 crit chance.

Just epic. should would have cost me almost 20 mil to buy something like that.

By GAwwwd It's the first time in a hundred hours I actually got an item from farming that makes my character BETTER. I got a level 63 glove that has 117 dex, 49 crit damage, and 8 crit chance.

Just epic. should would have cost me almost 20 mil to buy something like that.

Still haven't gotten anything that makes my DH better even after 500 hours of playtime lol!!

I've gotten tons of godlike shit for barbs and monks. but unsurprisingly, the godlike barb gear stopped rolling in once I got my barb to 60 and started messing around with her, haha.

neoism

lol damn guys something is wrong... played about 3 hour for the first ime in like 3 weeks. I played with a group of 4 the game is so much more fun with 4.... bought some shit my monk still sucks, but she lived in my group pretty good. made about 400k. lol

Seth C

Finally got around to beating Diablo on Hell. Wasn't really a challenge. Yet here I am, struggling with even a single Risen. It's almost incompressible how poorly balanced this game is.

foladar

I'm at ~220 hours and about 12 legendaries in my stash, with 350% MF after switching. None good, that's why they're still in my stash, but I've probably sold 3-4 good ones (Inna's Glory twice, Nat's chest).

I'm at ~220 hours and about 12 legendaries in my stash, with 350% MF after switching. None good, that's why they're still in my stash, but I've probably sold 3-4 good ones (Inna's Glory twice, Nat's chest).
I'm at a out 12 legendaries too. The difference being the most any one has sold for was 2 mil.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im at 3 Legendaries, all garbage

Lut Socks
SkySplitter
Goldskin

2 Set items

Tal Rasha's Guardianship
Shenlong's Fists

1.04 really needs to hit

Still haven't gotten anything that makes my DH better even after 500 hours of playtime lol!!

I've gotten tons of godlike shit for barbs and monks. but unsurprisingly, the godlike barb gear stopped rolling in once I got my barb to 60 and started messing around with her, haha.
yeah I'm the same, I always get amazing stuff for other classes but never anything for DH, this was the first time in a loooong time. Momentous occasion.

DTKT

So are you guys manually switching all your gear out or do you use some sort of script? Seems like a pain in the arse.

You can use autoHotkey to automate the process. It basically moves your cursor to the specified coordinates and simulates a "click" command. So, you just have to input the coordinates for each item in your inventory, write a really simple script and you can switch your entire equipment in 0.5 second.

Thing is, no one is quite sure if Blizzard is detecting or banning these kind of "tools". I mean, technically, you are not interfering with the game. It's just that no human being could perform the entire switch as fast as the script does. Looking at it that way, you are effectively "cheating" by having a computer performs the actions in your place.

LordCanti

So are you guys manually switching all your gear out or do you use some sort of script? Seems like a pain in the arse.

I use the script. I can do it just as fast manually, but it saves me the hassle.

Im at 3 Legendaries, all garbage

Lut Socks
SkySplitter
Goldskin

2 Set items

Tal Rasha's Guardianship
Shenlong's Fists

1.04 really needs to hit

I'm at like twenty legendaries/set items. All but...mmm... 3 have been crap. Some have sold despite being crap, but they were crap nonetheless.

My first legendary was "Hammer Jammers" which eventually sold for $1.25 (netting me like 20 cents). My second was a Manajuma's Ritual Cutter that sold for $50 on the first day the RMAH was up (despite only costing a mil or two in the GAH). My third legendary, a Tal Rasha Set Chest with pretty godly stats (like 70 res all, 60 vita, 70 str, 14 MF, 13% IAS) sold for $50 (before the IAS nerf). Then I got a discipline-less Natalya's Chest that sold for $50.

After that though....

Sky Splitter
Izzuccob
Angel Hair Braid
Goldskin
Skorn
Stone Gauntlets
Balefire Caster
Blade of Prophecy
Danetta's Fury (sold for $5 despite being worthless...I was stunned)
Dexless Natalya's Boots
Edit: Oh and that junk Tal Rasha Amulet that sold for $10 despite the set bonuses being crap, and there being better ones for sale at a cheaper price.

Basically it's been a trail of tears. If it weren't for that based resplendent chest farm in Act 3, I wouldn't have made very much money on this game. Got up over 30m gold on that thing in a couple days, and when the RMAH came out, I put it to good use.

Got 2 legendaries to drop from the same fight. And they were both the same crappy WD helm. What are the odds?

Anyway, they're both probably rubbish but I figured I'd ask if this one has any value in the Gold AH or should I just shard it?

You can use autoHotkey to automate the process. It basically moves your cursor to the specified coordinates and simulates a "click" command. So, you just have to input the coordinates for each item in your inventory, write a really simple script and you can switch your entire equipment in 0.5 second.

Thing is, no one is quite sure if Blizzard is detecting or banning these kind of "tools". I mean, technically, you are not interfering with the game. It's just that no human being could perform the entire switch as fast as the script does. Looking at it that way, you are effectively "cheating" by having a computer performs the actions in your place.

I might have to give it a go. I tried having good gear with MF on but it's costing a fortune to do.

larvi

Price check. I know the int/vit/all res are worth something, not sure how much the damage and armor affect the price (if any)

signet.png

LordCanti

Got 2 legendaries to drop from the same fight. And they were both the same crappy WD helm. What are the odds?

Anyway, they're both probably rubbish but I figured I'd ask if this one has any value in the Gold AH or should I just shard it?

Two with the exact same stats? That's not luck/odds based, it's a bug.

As for the value, I don't think it's worth much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom