• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not at the point where farming is more efficient for me in Act III, but it's so much more fun than farming Act II VotA over and over.
It's never been more efficient for me no matter how I'm geared I feel with my DH.

Doing my Act 2 run which is likely similar to yours, I clear up to 15 champ packs in under 25 minutes now, but when I switch to Act 3 I just can't find any kind of flow and I also feel I'm having to clear lots of trash and even then some of the combinations on the champs will get me killed.

Act 2 is great because I can run it with MF gear on and I can do a complete run in a very little time usually without any deaths unless I screw up.

It's never been more efficient for me no matter how I'm geared I feel with my DH.

Doing my Act 2 run which is likely similar to yours, I clear up to 15 champ packs in under 25 minutes now, but when I switch to Act 3 I just can't find any kind of flow and I also feel I'm having to clear lots of trash and even then some of the combinations on the champs will get me killed.

Act 2 is great because I can run it with MF gear on and I can do a complete run in a very little time usually without any deaths unless I screw up.

Pretty much yeah. I have a MF set up for act II with OK MF. My run is pretty quick too. I'm probably doing that same run in about 30-35 min. I'm just sooo bored with act II.

PLus I don't like the build I have to use with my MF gear.

At this point, I'm completely fine sacrificing some efficiency for some entertainment.

So my Barb finished Hell at level 59. I need about 1.5 million xp to get to 60. I had the same issue when I finished Hell on my Demon Hunter near release and I had done a few 100k xp ZK runs to reach 60. I believe they nerfed the xp gain from there after that. Is there any other place to get xp quickly?

The BFM

Neo Member
So my Barb finished Hell at level 59. I need about 1.5 million xp to get to 60. I had the same issue when I finished Hell on my Demon Hunter near release and I had done a few 100k xp ZK runs to reach 60. I believe they nerfed the xp gain from there after that. Is there any other place to get xp quickly?

I by no means have any real testing on it but I really like War Machines in act 3 up to Siegebreaker lots of clusters to get bonuses and its pretty quick 1.5 runs got me to 60 when i was only like 15% into 59

linsivvi

Lacuni Prowlers and Tyrael's Might dropped within the same run, and that is after a godly Stormshield dropped a few days ago. Act 3 farming is getting better and better.

s7evn

What's the worst that could happen in inferno?

Natiko

Banned
Got the legendary plans for Demon Hand a bit ago. Am I better off selling the plans outright or using them on my blacksmith and trying to sell actual Demon Hands?

So sick and tired of getting these garbage legendaries especially in act 3 farming. Got that level 61 two handed axe. Think it was called Skorn. It's literally going for cheap as hell in the AH and is worthless in every possible way. Why it exists, no one knows.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So sick and tired of getting these garbage legendaries especially in act 3 farming. Got that level 61 two handed axe. Think it was called Skorn. It's literally going for cheap as hell in the AH and is worthless in every possible way. Why it exists, no one knows.

The same thing i felt when i found my SkySplitter Axe. 1.04 needs to get here. i almost dont even want to play until then, for fear ill waste a legendary drop on some garbage.

Rufus

I'm officially on break, I think. Haven't played in a few days and feel no desire to go back. Loot is just not enough to string me along any more. I want a competitive multiplayer game with random drops from opponents, that'd be something I could make a habit out of, but not D3.

LordCanti

I'm officially on break, I think. Haven't played in a few days and feel no desire to go back. Loot is just not enough to string me along any more. I want a competitive multiplayer game with random drops from opponents, that'd be something I could make a habit out of, but not D3.

I'm not even sure that I'll come back for the PvP patch, unless they do something to level the playing field between people that use the RMAH, and people that don't.

It may not be scientific, but I sold 10ish of a certain item (almost identical stats) within a day of putting each one up, over the course of a few weeks. They all sold for $5. Cut to now, and I've got two of the same item up for that same price, and no one has bought them in two listings at this point. Nothing changed that made them any better or worse (no new build came out, no build got nerfed, etc). This leads me to believe that I either sold this item to every sucker that wanted it, or no one plays this game anymore, so no one is buying. For what it's worth, mine are the only two of this item currently available in the NA RMAH, so there is no competition either.

neoism

Guys need advice help I still get destroyed in act 1 and I would like to be able to solo... I have 6 mil and need info on new loot. I guess I'm going the crit route..... any help would be great.
ibsBHxLNEhl4jr.png

Rufus

I'm not even sure that I'll come back for the PvP patch, unless they do something to level the playing field between people that use the RMAH, and people that don't.
If PvP opponents dropped loot I'd consider it, even though I don't like the idea of PvP in this type of game.

Maybe related to what Canti is saying but am I fucking crazy or is it getting harder and harder to sell things? Both in the RMAH and in the AH. I'm undercutting prices by plenty 90% of the time these days and things STILL aren't selling. A month ago and beyond everything was selling with relative ease.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Guys need advice help I still get destroyed in act 1 and I would like to be able to solo... I have 6 mil and need info on new loot. I guess I'm going the crit route..... any help would be great.

Use a shield. That helped me get over the Act 1 hump. Although i have the rune that doubles armor so that helped in conjunction with the shield

sleepykyo

Act 3 or create pony staff and do some hell pony runs?

Looks like the AH bots/script users are back in full force. There was a nice week or so break from them. Hopefully the next banwave comes soon before this game is a ghost town.

foladar

It may not be scientific, but I sold 10ish of a certain item (almost identical stats) within a day of putting each one up, over the course of a few weeks. They all sold for $5. Cut to now, and I've got two of the same item up for that same price, and no one has bought them in two listings at this point. Nothing changed that made them any better or worse (no new build came out, no build got nerfed, etc). This leads me to believe that I either sold this item to every sucker that wanted it, or no one plays this game anymore, so no one is buying. For what it's worth, mine are the only two of this item currently available in the NA RMAH, so there is no competition either.

More than likely, the people still playing have advanced their characters past the point of that loot, so they're looking for better upgrades.

Radec

What's your detailed stats ?

Here's my advice:

1. Replace your weapons with atleast similar damage but with empty socket AND crit damage or life on hit. Then put a star/+ gem on it to increased the crit dmg or loh.
And if possible, get those fist weapon with xx life heal per spirit used. Get it as much as possible and recasting mantra + transendence will net you massive heal every 3secs.

2. Drop the pants and Helm. Get the ones with sockets.

3. Drop the gloves, bracer, rings, and amulet. Since you're doing a crit build, you should focus on crit damage and chance on these armors. They bring the most chance% so better get the highest %. And if you still have the gold, drop the rest for better Dex/Vit/All Res.

4. As for the skills, I assume you're using Cyclones so that's fine. Serenity, Mantra of Evasion, Blinding Flash, and Breath of Heaven helps alot if you're short on defences. Drop Crippling Wave.

You don't really have to face tank every elite mobs, you can kite them easily with Deadly Reach. Serenity is the most useful skill since it's like Smoke Screen but much much better. Blinding Flash is like a 3 sec invulnerability as well. Mantra of Evasion(hard target) for defence, Mantra of Conviction(overawe) for offence (this gives you 48% increase in damage!)

Monks are really overpowered if you consider how cheap their items are and how ridiculously good the combination and recasts of their skills.

The same thing i felt when i found my SkySplitter Axe. 1.04 needs to get here. i almost dont even want to play until then, for fear ill waste a legendary drop on some garbage.

Human psychology is so funny - what a diffrence in perception due to diffrent colour.

Javaman

Maybe related to what Canti is saying but am I fucking crazy or is it getting harder and harder to sell things? Both in the RMAH and in the AH. I'm undercutting prices by plenty 90% of the time these days and things STILL aren't selling. A month ago and beyond everything was selling with relative ease.

I would love to see Blizzard's player and auction count statistics. I'm sure they've been dropping over a cliff. I gave up on the game weeks ago and hadn't seen any of my steam friends playing it either.

Bradach

I logged on last night to find no-one on my friend list playing. Judging from this thread lately it seems that a lot of people have stopped playing.
Does that mean that the prices in the gold AH have dropped in line with a drop in demand?
A few weeks ago the prices for any decent inferno gear was crazy for a poor barb like me with no time to farm gold.

Radec

I logged on last night to find no-one on my friend list playing. Judging from this thread lately it seems that a lot of people have stopped playing.
Does that mean that the prices in the gold AH have dropped in line with a drop in demand?
A few weeks ago the prices for any decent inferno gear was crazy for a poor barb like me with no time to farm gold.

Most of my friends have stopped playing as well. I rarely see them now at night. And when I get to see them online it was for AH purposes.

Dex is low. Vit is WAY too low.

I see way to many int. Use a shield. Change those bracers

idlewild_

I had a similar issue a few days ago. The first real quest in act 3 (don't remember the name,) requires you to go set fire to a bunch of bonfires. What I did was start the quest and run to the quest area to trigger the checkpoint, then go and clear everything in the first 2-3 platforms (stop when you can see the arrow for the first bonfire.) With a perfect squre ruby in your helm you make a good 200k+ exp in a couple mins (depending on your gear, I was really decked out.)

V_Arnold

Just keep on killing Asmodan. Few great packs before him, then you can optionally go to the Keep Depths as well, great xp.

Patch 1.4 better fix WD pets if they're going to rebalance skills. Pets are useless in Inferno and die in 1 to 3 hits.

I am sad because I feel like Blizz will mess that up just so they wont get complaints from people when the pets are "too durable" in PVP. I wish this was not the case, but I fear it is.

eek5

I had a similar issue a few days ago. The first real quest in act 3 (don't remember the name,) requires you to go set fire to a bunch of bonfires. What I did was start the quest and run to the quest area to trigger the checkpoint, then go and clear everything in the first 2-3 platforms (stop when you can see the arrow for the first bonfire.) With a perfect squre ruby in your helm you make a good 200k+ exp in a couple mins (depending on your gear, I was really decked out.)

You can do raising the catapult then just clear all the way to the end. It'll raise all 3 catapults giving you XP without you having to be there.

Azmodean runs to get lvl 60 ?

What ? I'm lvl 60 before Belial usually or in early act 3.

You can make those last few lvl ultra fast in act2.

That way i hit lvl 60 with lvl 30-40 gear on me and save on buying not so cheap lvl 5x items in AH.

I hear you guys on it being tough to sell stuff now. I think a lot more of the players have what they need so that unless it's a big upgrade, most won't bite.

I did find what I thought was a pretty good amulet and threw it up on the RMAH just to see. I am thinking I may have overpriced it now though...do barbs care about crit stuff as I thought they did:

Stats
+151 Strength
+72 Dexterity
+5 IAS
+55 Crit Damage
+6 Crit Chance

WD bears build is SO MUCH FUN. Killing asmodan in less than 5 sec in hell is so good.

next step, inferno butcher in less than 10 sec

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#afUQdT!bUf!acZbbZ

Act 3 or create pony staff and do some hell pony runs?

I have the nightmare staff but I really can't afford the upgrade to make it into the hell version. Anyway I did a bit of Act 3 starting from the bridge section and all the way to Siegebreaker. Killed every last monster there, cleared the entire map from the fog of war and I got 1.1 million xp. So only 500k odd to go. Much slower than the 3 minute, 100k xp ZK runs of the past though :(

Unfortunately I have pretty terrible gear. Hell was a huge challenge and some parts I only got through because I had a 60 friend helping me. All through Hell I didn't get a single item I consider as good enough to even start Inferno. I literally have no idea how I'm going to go about gearing the Barb.

neoism

What's your detailed stats ?

Here's my advice:

1. Replace your weapons with atleast similar damage but with empty socket AND crit damage or life on hit. Then put a star/+ gem on it to increased the crit dmg or loh.
And if possible, get those fist weapon with xx life heal per spirit used. Get it as much as possible and recasting mantra + transendence will net you massive heal every 3secs.

2. Drop the pants and Helm. Get the ones with sockets.

3. Drop the gloves, bracer, rings, and amulet. Since you're doing a crit build, you should focus on crit damage and chance on these armors. They bring the most chance% so better get the highest %. And if you still have the gold, drop the rest for better Dex/Vit/All Res.

4. As for the skills, I assume you're using Cyclones so that's fine. Serenity, Mantra of Evasion, Blinding Flash, and Breath of Heaven helps alot if you're short on defences. Drop Crippling Wave.

You don't really have to face tank every elite mobs, you can kite them easily with Deadly Reach. Serenity is the most useful skill since it's like Smoke Screen but much much better. Blinding Flash is like a 3 sec invulnerability as well. Mantra of Evasion(hard target) for defence, Mantra of Conviction(overawe) for offence (this gives you 48% increase in damage!)

Monks are really overpowered if you consider how cheap their items are and how ridiculously good the combination and recasts of their skills.

thanks so much.

Azmodean runs to get lvl 60 ?

What ? I'm lvl 60 before Belial usually or in early act 3.

You can make those last few lvl ultra fast in act2.

That way i hit lvl 60 with lvl 30-40 gear on me and save on buying not so cheap lvl 5x items in AH.

To level fast you just need to grab a level reduced level 60 item at level 43-44. Will cost you about 500k. But the dps will be a couple hundred more than any weapon available at your level.

To level fast you just need to grab a level reduced level 60 item at level 43-44. Will cost you about 500k. But the dps will be a couple hundred more than any weapon available at your level.

That's what i do ;)
Altrough just for weapons.

My last char was 22hours to lvl 60 (100% solo)

Rufus

It's to be expected. Less people play, less people start playing and of those that are still playing, less and less need new gear.

It's to be expected. Less people play, less people start playing and of those that are still playing, less and less need new gear.

I put leveling gear for 10-15k (for lvl 20-40) on AH and it's gone in < 30 minutes usually as long as it has main atribute and exp bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom