• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

koji

Oh, another thing guys, I`ve spend around three hours today trying to kill Belial with my WD (inferno) is it normal that he`s a royal pain in the ass. Once he gets down to 20% he just goes crazy with those explosions and they hit me for 100k (got around 50k hp), so cheesy, nice gameplay challenge Blizzard!

Got 12% movement speed on my boots and spirit walk with jaunt but eventually one of those things always hit me. SADFACE

Anyway, I didn`t manage to kill him and eventually just gave up, I can farm act2 now though since yesterday, guess I could have been doing it longer, I just needed to adapt a bit (my 800LOH weapon is a big help though...)

Farming act 2 with 5stacks > farming act 1 with 305MF, the lootquality is so much better.

Also, is this worth anything?

shield.jpg

Xanathus

Oh, another thing guys, I`ve spend around three hours today trying to kill Belial with my WD (inferno) is it normal that he`s a royal pain in the ass. Once he gets down to 20% he just goes crazy with those explosions and they hit me for 100k (got around 50k hp), so cheesy, nice gameplay challenge Blizzard!

Got 12% movement speed on my boots and spirit walk with jaunt but eventually one of those things always hit me. SADFACE

Anyway, I didn`t manage to kill him and eventually just gave up, I can farm act2 now though since yesterday, guess I could have been doing it longer, I just needed to adapt a bit (my 800LOH weapon is a big help though...)

Farming act 2 with 5stacks > farming act 1 with 305MF, the lootquality is so much better.
It's not 20%, you're just hitting his enrage timer. Need more DPS.

koji

It's not 20%, you're just hitting his enrage timer. Need more DPS.

Ah is that it, yeah I`ve got around 20k dps with the build I`m currently using. If I use zombie bears I fail miserably, have loads more dps that way though. Maybe I need to give it another try and use the bears.

Using firebomb with firepit and rain of frogs for LOH procs but that`s pretty low on dps output...

edit: tried a couple more times with the bears and my 2hander but no dice, ah well, atleast I know what the problem is and not me sucking in avoiding those explosions... thanks! :)

Can anyone tell me what Demon Hunters are looking for in quivers? I've picked up a few which I thought might be good lately, but it's really, really hard to try and work out what they're worth in the AH so I've pretty much ended up just vendoring 95% of them.

syllogism

High dex, 15% ias, high crit, 10 disc

All at once. Miss one of these and it's basically trash.

In addition to that things like hatred regen will add to the value

Zzoram

Just keep on killing Asmodan. Few great packs before him, then you can optionally go to the Keep Depths as well, great xp.

I am sad because I feel like Blizz will mess that up just so they wont get complaints from people when the pets are "too durable" in PVP. I wish this was not the case, but I fear it is.

They can balance PvP separately from PvE. Make it so skills have different numbers in a PvP arena.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Also, is this worth anything?

shield.jpg

I wouldn't think so. The increased block chance is nice, but that's really the only stat boost on there that I'd actively search for on any character that would use a shield.

No resists. No MF. No useful stats, really.

You can check, but I wouldn't expect much.

syllogism

It has 4 useful stats and a few of them high. It probably won't sell for much, but it will sell for something. Nowadays the biggest problem it has is the lack of crit.

larvi

Just beat azmodan in inferno with my DH, time to try act 4, hopefully not as big of a jump in difficulty as it was between the other acts

Looks like gold won't be an issue for me for a while :)

Very nice, I'm only sitting around 3M and anything I want to buy for an upgrade is way more than that. Have yet to see a set item drop.

WD Dagger went for 1 million, surprising considering earlier posts here about such things being ~100k or thereabouts.

The shield has a 2.5mil bid on it and 12h to go.

lucky you. you got nice money on that dagger. i don't who would put so much gold for it, as I said, mine is better for ten time less, but hey, at least you have seveal millions now congrats

Sigmaah

Just beat azmodan in inferno with my DH, time to try act 4, hopefully not as big of a jump in difficulty as it was between the other acts

Very nice, I'm only sitting around 3M and anything I want to buy for an upgrade is way more than that. Have yet to see a set item drop.

My first big thing to drop was the nat mark I sold, kinda didn't wanna sell it since it was my first set item to drop and it was so big of an item, but I need dat gold :<
Now I can finally upgrade my DH to hooefully get over 200K damage, I just don't know how to do so. I don't wanna waste gold so i'm gonna have to be careful lol.

Absolutely nobody on my friendlist is playing this on a regular basis. Really a shame, as I love the combat but it's not much fun with random players.

larvi

My first big thing to drop was the nat mark I sold, kinda didn't wanna sell it since it was my first set item to drop and it was so big of an item, but I need dat gold :<
Now I can finally upgrade my DH to hooefully get over 200K damage, I just don't know how to do so. I don't wanna waste gold so i'm gonna have to be careful lol.

I know what you mean, I keep changing my DH build so I'm afraid of pulling the trigger on any big $$$ items because it may not be suitable to how I want to end up. And figure whatever it is I buy I'm sure Blizzard will nerf it in the next patch.

Sigmaah

What was the specs on it?

123 Dex
IAS by 7%
34 fire res
Regen 154 life per sec
and some other thing I forgot (wasn't big though)

I think I could've gotten more, I put bid 55 mill and buyout 70, so someone just bid and got it, LAME, but hey, 46 mill in my pocket is fine with me!

Absolutely nobody on my friendlist is playing this on a regular basis. Really a shame, as I love the combat but it's not much fun with random players.

I'm in on a somewhat daily basis, you can add me if you'd like, lookin for people to play with still BT-Sigma#1440

I know what you mean, I keep changing my DH build so I'm afraid of pulling the trigger on any big $$$ items because it may not be suitable to how I want to end up. And figure whatever it is I buy I'm sure Blizzard will nerf it in the next patch.

Exactly! I can never decide what I want, I'm always changing as well, wanna play sometime? I love playing with fellow DH's, my BT is Sigma#1440

Also, why does blizzard take 15% off of GOLD? Makes no sense to me...

Rufus

If they didn't do that inflation would have been even worse than it was.
The base price for gold on the RMAH seems to have stabilized gold value overall though, so I guess that worked out OK in the end.

I'll have to post my screen when I get home. I've played solo the whole way through with the exception of week 1-2 when I occasionally played with some IRL friends. They're all gone now. I'm interested in playing co-op now to extend my gaming experience, but don't want to play public games.

Wait, someone paid 50 mil for that!? Why? What the hell, did you forget a couple really awesome stats? I mean great for you dude, but that blows my mind.

People pay that because of the set piece bonuses. More Crit % and more regen of Dicipline (I think that's what it's called)

linsivvi

I'll have to post my screen when I get home. I've played solo the whole way through with the exception of week 1-2 when I occasionally played with some IRL friends. They're all gone now. I'm interested in playing co-op now to extend my gaming experience, but don't want to play public games.

People pay that because of the set piece bonuses. More Crit % and more regen of Dicipline (I think that's what it's called)

I usually do full Act 3 runs with a couple of my friends. PM me your handle if you're interested.

larvi

Well, I hit my next brick wall with Rakanoth in Act IV. I just don't have the reflexes to avoid his TP attack. I was able to survive it by gearing my DH for 80K HP but he still took me down in a couple of hits. Even with the damage reduction from the guardian sentry turret and caltrops he was still hitting me for over 50K a shot. I guess I need to keep farming and hope for some good enough gear.

Sigmaah

Wait, someone paid 50 mil for that!? Why? What the hell, did you forget a couple really awesome stats? I mean great for you dude, but that blows my mind.

It was a Natalya's set item, so I'm assuming that's why it sold for that much.

That was worth 70 real dollars. xD

But I guess gold sold at 2.50 per a million is going to net you more. :p

It sure is! (if calculations are correct)

I definitely wanted real money but I kinda would've wasted that money on stupid shit, so I'd rather have gold, worst comes to worst I sell the gold if I need money :>

Damn man nice find/sell.

Should've kept it for your DH though... You should be able to get Act 3 gear now hopefully.

I was thinking about keeping it cause I also have a nat helm and the 7.0 crit bonus benefited so much, with both nat pieces and my other armor, I had 51K dps with 31 crit chance and NO SHARPSHOOTER, I was so happy with that, but kinda got greedy and wanted gold lol. I still have the nat helm, probs gonna sell that too, itll sell for $50 or 30 mill gold plus (Hopefully). I'm gonna need your help on gearing up man!

If they didn't do that inflation would have been even worse than it was.
The base price for gold on the RMAH seems to have stabilized gold value overall though, so I guess that worked out OK in the end.

Oh it's for inflation? makes sense now

larvi

Exactly! I can never decide what I want, I'm always changing as well, wanna play sometime? I love playing with fellow DH's, my BT is Sigma#1440

Sure, I really haven't experimented with co-op at all yet but I'm up for giving it a try. I'll send you a friend request. I should be on later tonite. What act are you running? I can handle the champs in act 2 pretty handily and somewhat in 3, bosses usually give me fits still though.

As for the gold, they have to do something to take the gold out of the economy otherwise it would become worthless over time and massive inflation would set in since there is always more being found.

Sigmaah

Sure, I really haven't experimented with co-op at all yet but I'm up for giving it a try. I'll send you a friend request. I should be on later tonite. What act are you running? I can handle the champs in act 2 pretty handily and somewhat in 3, bosses usually give me fits still though.

As for the gold, they have to do something to take the gold out of the economy otherwise it would become worthless over time and massive inflation would set in since there is always more being found.

I run act 1, I'm pretty sure I can run act 2, just never bothered with it, no way can I run act 3 lol.

I completely forgot about the economy haha, makes sense now.

IlludiumQ36

vLOCj.jpg
z8nFc.jpg

Just had the mighty belt drop from a Treasure Golem in Act I. Oh my. Looks like a jackpot on every roll. And I already have the gloves, though the stats aren't near as barb friendly. Need to ding 60 with the Barb now.

Natiko

Banned
I ended up selling those plans for Demon's Hand for around $5 on the RMAH which isn't too bad considering I would've only got 600k on the GAH. I've taken my first step towards my final goal, breaking even on the cost of buying the game :lol

That's a sick belt drop! The stats are amazing! Congrats!

I'm farming Act 1 (still) for about 100 hours....and for reasons unknown even to me....I still keep going. I could farm Act 2, but it's just inefficient use of time.

My luck with the RNG has been pretty decent....legendaries drop for me...but it's mostly just trash. Could you believe that I got THREE Gladiator Gauntlet dropped for me? Straight to the salvage bin it is!

Oh, level 60 Wizard, Archon build.

DTKT

Is there still no word on 1.04?

The lack of communication and info has me kind of puzzled. I mean, they could give a timeframe..

I'm waiting for info on 1.04 to see if it's worth jumping back in. The last time I booted up the game, my barb was faced with a rare shaman pack with fast and fear. I just instantly quitted the game.

smh.

vLOCj.jpg

Just had the mighty belt drop from a Treasure Golem in Act I. Oh my. Looks like a jackpot on every roll. And I already have the gloves, though the stats aren't near as barb friendly. Need to ding 60 with the Barb now.

Wow.

Just wow. Amazing drop. Perfect barb in every way. Even a Frenzy buff. This is just amazing how good this item is

Tom Penny

Anyone have a clue what Witch Doctor stuff is worth? I looked for a similar items on auction house and there were some high gold amounts but nobody was bidding on any items so I don't know how the heck to price it or if it's worth much. I figured the crit chance may be worth something I have no clue.

I2Ot5.jpg

I got that level 62 legendary spear, I think it's called empyrian messenger or something like that. Anyway I just got it, and guess what!?!?!? IT'S FUCKING GARBAGE.

Anyone have a clue what Witch Doctor stuff is worth? I looked for a similar items on auction house and there were some high gold amounts but nobody was bidding on any items so I don't know how the heck to price it or if it's worth much. I figured the crit chance may be worth something I have no clue.

I2Ot5.jpg

I'd hang onto it and level a witch doctor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom