• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I don't know how everyone else seems to manage to get millions of gold. I've never had more than a couple of hundred thousand.

start small. having the jeweler upgraded helps. I started selling small gems and worked my way up

I spent literally all my gold on new gear a while ago. Alright maybe not literally but I went from tons of million to 800k. In just over a week I got back to 25-30 mil. It all depends on where you farm. I farm act 3 so I'm more likely to get lucky and get an item I can sell for 1-5 mil or so. Get a bunch of those and they add up.

Hell today azmodan dropped 3 level 63 hellion crossbows in one fight. They all sucked but the potential is there. No need to sell one thing for a ton. But sell a bunch of things for a good amount and it adds up fast.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Man what kind of resist and LoH do you need on barbs to not worry too much on act 2 farming?

I can reach ~900 on resists post-buff and 1200 LoH but arcane and molten still gets me pretty good.

That should be more than enough. It might be because your HP is low. I farm act 3 with 800 ish buffed all res and 42000 HP.

What build are you using?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
my build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVXSPk!beV!acacZc

Also I'm dual wielding swords, hp is around 39000.

Hmm, that should be enough. With that build, unless you have dual crit bonus weapons, and/or dual life on hit, it might be better just to use a shield. On the cheap, even a magical 65+ all resist sacred shield would probably be pretty good. Just make sure the block is at least 15%, preferably 20% or higher.

You can also try and take down elites faster by subbing out leap with earthquake (mountain's call) , since you already have furious charge.

I haven't used that playstyle in a while, though. Nowadays I just whirlwind all day long.

Shadow780

Yeah I have +300 on each socketed weapon and the rest LoH is on rings and amulet. I'm grinding towards a WW barb, until then I think that's my best defensive setup.

Thanks for the suggestions.

trs1080

Neo Member
Man what kind of resist and LoH do you need on barbs to not worry too much on act 2 farming?

I can reach ~900 on resists post-buff and 1200 LoH but arcane and molten still gets me pretty good.

What worked for me was looking at my low str and armor pieces and upgrading them as I could. Like if i had a str 50, all resist 60, vit 40 290 armor piece, I'd try to find a str 100+, all resist 60, vit 40+ item, with 480 armor. I used to have to blow my cooldowns on every pack in act 2 to kill anything as my DPS was only like 9k. Now I have enough survivability that I can roll with a cheap high DPS 2 hander and don't need to cool down on packs. If I do, they last maybe 5 seconds... Nowadays I try to stack packs and mow them down.

Danj

I spent literally all my gold on new gear a while ago. Alright maybe not literally but I went from tons of million to 800k. In just over a week I got back to 25-30 mil. It all depends on where you farm. I farm act 3 so I'm more likely to get lucky and get an item I can sell for 1-5 mil or so. Get a bunch of those and they add up.

Hell today azmodan dropped 3 level 63 hellion crossbows in one fight. They all sucked but the potential is there. No need to sell one thing for a ton. But sell a bunch of things for a good amount and it adds up fast.

Right but I need the millions of gold so I can get to Acts 2 and 3. Right now I'm dying to some types of elite/champ mobs on Inferno Act 1, and the loot drops are still pretty crappy even when I don't die.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yeah I have +300 on each socketed weapon and the rest LoH is on rings and amulet. I'm grinding towards a WW barb, until then I think that's my best defensive setup.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Your goal is WW barb? What is your crit chance at now? Is your main hand a mace/axe or perhaps a mighty weapon?

Keep in mind that you don't need a high DPS offhand for the tornado/WW barb. For a long time, I was using a 200 DPS dagger offhand that had 900 LoH and 140 crit damage.

Right now I have all my LoH on my weapons and my jewelry is just crit chance stuff since adding LoH to the rings and ammys gets really expensive.

Right but I need the millions of gold so I can get to Acts 2 and 3. Right now I'm dying to some types of elite/champ mobs on Inferno Act 1, and the loot drops are still pretty crappy even when I don't die.
What class/build are you? Nowadays you can beat Inferno with a million gold, easy.

Shadow780

I'm using dual 1h swords with good str and vit, and +300 LoH with jewel. Got a pretty good amulet with +400 and ring for the rest.

Crit is 5% and crit dmg is 50% w/o buff, haven't found any good replacement yet.

All the high crit gear is on my DH, don't feel like switching them around.

Xizk

n5RFa.png

Need some help pricing this. When I search for similiar stats on the EU GAH the highest dps are under 1000. There is very similiar one on the RMAH for 20€ so I'm probably going to sell it for gold. Having a hard time deciding on what I should try to get.

n5RFa.png

Need some help pricing this. When I search for similiar stats on the EU GAH the highest dps are under 1000. There is very similiar one on the RMAH for 20€ so I'm probably going to sell it for gold. Having a hard time deciding on what I should try to get.

i was looking for similar items yesterday and yeah, there is nothing like it on the AH for reasonable prices. It's a really rare piece to have such high dps and perfect stats like this with high int and vit.

Just look at the highest Ceremonial knife and put a lower price : the wd market is low and you will never sell it at 40 millions, so try less to make a sell

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You'll need to put some examples, because I really don't see how you can beat inferno, easily, with 1m gold.

This guy beat inferno with 100k gold

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/wu5n0/dh_inferno_cleared_with_100k_gold/

I'm using dual 1h swords with good str and vit, and +300 LoH with jewel. Got a pretty good amulet with +400 and ring for the rest.

Crit is 5% and crit dmg is 50% w/o buff, haven't found any good replacement yet.

All the high crit gear is on my DH, don't feel like switching them around.

Ah, anywhere from 40 to 50% crit chance is good enough for a tornado WW barb.

Here is a video of my WW barb and my Wiz friend taking down 7 elites at once. You can see my stats whenever I check my inventory.

Not sure I've ever experienced a hype bomb rollercoaster like I have with this game. Have no desire to play it again, and that annoys me considering how much it was.

Cipherr

Not sure I've ever experienced a hype bomb rollercoaster like I have with this game. Have no desire to play it again, and that annoys me considering how much it was.

You havent made your money back on that yet? Thats like, one of the best things about the game. It has a shitty end game, but by the time I burned out, I had already made over $300 bucks back.

RPGCrazied

Not many people playing anymore? I don't cause for some reason its starting to run not so great on my machine, so choppy, when I can max more graphical intensive games than this one.

Anyway, when I was in public games list, it said only like 273 people were playing. That's a pretty stiff drop from 48k from launch.

Not many people playing anymore? I don't cause for some reason its starting to run not so great on my machine, so choppy, when I can max more graphical intensive games than this one.

Anyway, when I was in public games list, it said only like 273 people were playing. That's a pretty stiff drop from 48k from launch.

That number is just people in public games doing that particular quest in that particular difficulty. Of course its going to be way higher when everyone is just starting out on the same quest on the same difficulty.

Most people have learned by this point as well that pub games aren't really worth it so they either play with friends in a private game or solo.

foladar

That number is just people in public games doing that particular quest in that particular difficulty. Of course its going to be way higher when everyone is just starting out on the same quest on the same difficulty.

Most people have learned by this point as well that pub games aren't really worth it so they either play with friends in a private game or solo.

It's not just a specific quest, switched my quest and I'm still showing the same number (956) however I believe they said there's multiple servers. Game's definitely dropped off, can't wait to see how low it goes after GW2 launch. Lack of auctionhouse activity got me to stop playing, just not enough players in the market to do anything really.

Danj

What class/build are you? Nowadays you can beat Inferno with a million gold, easy.

I've never had a million gold. I've barely ever had 15% of a million gold. I'm a wizard, I did manage to get my dps up to 21k now but clearly it's not enough as elite/champs in act 1 can still kick my ass.

yeah I guess I fast forwarded my progress. I feel you. I farmed act 1 for a VERY long time until I could even touch act 2. And even then it was extremely difficult. Once you're able to farm act 2, then you can easily make millions. But you can do so on act 1 as well. So many great farming spots.

Just don't give up because once you get over the hump things get better. Post your gear if you can as well, I'm curious. Maybe I have something I could donate, or if I come across something.

Jrmint

I never really farmed Act 2 with my DH, but now that I'm playing Barb I most likely can.

Is there any decent Act 2 farm spots in the first half of the act? Some of those mobs in the second half are pretty nasty. Like Desolate Sands and on.

I never really farmed Act 2 with my DH, but now that I'm playing Barb I most likely can.

Is there any decent Act 2 farm spots in the first half of the act? Some of those mobs in the second half are pretty nasty. Like Desolate Sands and on.
not sure about first half but vault of assassins in the desolate sands is a goldmine, and the elites seem a bit easy there for the most part. Black canyon mines always have 2-3 elites. There's also a goblin that shows up a certain percentage of the time a tiny bit after the ancient path spawn point which is nice to hit up once your stacks build up. Road to alcarnus should have at least 1 kind of easy elite when you go into the town across the bridge to the right.

I don't even remember what first half is.

Jrmint

not sure about first half but vault of assassins in the desolate sands is a goldmine, and the elites seem a bit easy there for the most part. Black canyon mines always have 2-3 elites. There's also a goblin that shows up a certain percentage of the time a tiny bit after the ancient path spawn point which is nice to hit up once your stacks build up. Road to alcarnus should have at least 1 kind of easy elite when you go into the town across the bridge to the right.

I don't even remember what first half is.

Yea I was getting destroyed in the Vault of the Assassin about an hour ago. I think I ran into some unlucky packs though, so maybe I'll give it another shot.

You havent made your money back on that yet? Thats like, one of the best things about the game. It has a shitty end game, but by the time I burned out, I had already made over $300 bucks back.

I finished it on normal and the shit ending took away the will to play it any further, then the AH came out and I couldn't have cared less.

Natiko

Banned
The Nightmare playthrough was the worst part. I didn't feel like I was getting a big boost in abilities or stats the entire time. Hell was an improvement, especially towards the last half.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I've never had a million gold. I've barely ever had 15% of a million gold. I'm a wizard, I did manage to get my dps up to 21k now but clearly it's not enough as elite/champs in act 1 can still kick my ass.

If you're stuck in a rut, try a new class. Or, if Inferno act 1 is giving you problems, the fastest way to progress is to go buy some cheap gold find gear.

Either, get some cheap gold find gear with intelligence, and farm arreat crater of Act 3 on nightmare or hell,

or

Roll a Demon Hunter and gold farm with it instead.

Don't worry about being relegated to a gold farmer, once you get enough gold, you can then buy stuff so that you can transition to item hunting again.

What is your wizard build, anyway?

Stick it out in act 1, selling all your blues and non-spectacular yellows to the vendor. Salvage blues if the value of an essence is higher than the vendor value. Get 5 stacks and farm white mobs for gold. It's not hard at all to earn 300k or so in a couple of hours.

I'm also a wizard, and stuck in act 2, but you have to just keep at it, or luck into something to sell for millions.

bs000

First hardcore death at level 52. I should've just ran, but I was being stupid. Got vortexed into big group of monsters. Now I am sad.

The worst thing next to dying, is that I died wearing a stupid looking helmet that will be in my dead heroes thingie forever. FOREVER.

While we're on the subject of progressing in Inferno, maybe someone could help me out. I somehow managed to finish Act 2 literally by the skin of my teeth as a demon hunter (before the IAS nerf and nether tentacle fix). It took a lot of perseverance, especially since I hate Act 2. I've since upgraded my gear but I still get completely destroyed in Act 3. As in, the first quest when you go up the steps to start the part about lighting bonfires... I come across an elite with 9 million hp and I end up with a repair bill of 10k before I decide to give up.

Took screenshots of my gear and stats and I was hoping some demon hunter could give me pointers on what I should change. None of the gear is top of the line stuff but frankly I can't even afford any of those items that cost millions.

What should I work on changing from this set?

Please don't laugh :(

Pepto

Banned
Just beat the game. As a witch doctor I had to use a super lame runaway life on hit build. Diablo took about an hour with my ~2mil equipment.

Now I can finally uninstall this pos...

Well the fact is after the first play through the game didn't offer anything to me despite attempts to keep on playing.
Nightmare is a whole different ball game and much more tense than Normal, at least for me. I'm not as hardcore as most here so its been kicking my ass enough to get me to play co-op which has been a blast. But if the prettiness of bashing and loot doesn't do it for you maybe the increase in intensity and action won't matter.

Just beat the game. As a witch doctor I had to use a super lame runaway life on hit build. Diablo took about an hour with my ~2mil equipment.

Now I can finally uninstall this pos...
Try as I might I just can't seem to have fun with the Witch Doctor. Its by far the most boring class of the bunch for me, and having your pets wiped out so quickly by any major enemy is just, well, stupid. Of all the classes I think the Wizard is the most well rounded.

Pepto

Banned
Try as I might I just can't seem to have fun with the Witch Doctor. Its by far the most boring class of the bunch for me, and having your pets wiped out so quickly by any major enemy is just, well, stupid.

WD was so much fun before inferno. I loved playing with pets in the earlier difficulties and with zombie bears in the later ones.

Then came inferno act 2 and I was forced to play super lame, kiting almost every monster, for the rest of the game.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
If it could easily be done all DH would farm act 1 for a few days and "easily" beat the game. Were are they?

They:

1. Don't know what stats to look for on gear and what to prioritize

2. Don't know how to look for good deals to get the strongest items for the cheapest price

3. Are using a crappy build

4. Are using a good build but don't know how to play it effectively

Honestly, it's not that hard. Just look for any budget inferno clear youtube vids, and follow the directions.

WD was so much fun before inferno. I loved playing with pets in the earlier difficulties and with zombie bears in the later ones.
What setups did you use pre inferno? I'm just using darts/dogs/grasp and Bats or Haunt and its just the exact same thing over and over, and lacks the wild effects and punishing physics reactions of other classes. Except of course when something big comes along and one shots my dogs. Please tell me I'm doing it wrong :p

Have nearly finished making up my magic find gear. Max MF on all slots, and still (just) enough damage to kill off that last 10% or so. Hardly any resist all though, so getting hit is a bad idea. /o\

Spindoctor, you need more crit chance/crit damage, and dex.

I'd say to comfortably roll by act 3 you should have 1700 dex minimum, 35-40 crit chance, and 260-300% crit damage.

As well as a 1000+ crossbow (with crit damage on it). Also get max discipline wherever possible (quiver and chest if you can afford it). But yeah, crit chance/damage on absolutely everything that can include those stats.

Spindoctor, you need more crit chance/crit damage, and dex.

I'd say to comfortably roll by act 3 you should have 1700 dex minimum, 35-40 crit chance, and 260-300% crit damage.

As well as a 1000+ crossbow (with crit damage on it). Also get max discipline wherever possible (quiver and chest if you can afford it). But yeah, crit chance/damage on absolutely everything that can include those stats.

You reckon I should drop All resist for it? I have a friend who has about 90-100k dps and he just doesn't give a fuck about any sort of defensive stats. Pure glass cannon all the way, stacking dex and crit like they're the only 2 stats he knows. I do wonder if his approach is better.

You reckon I should drop All resist for it? I have a friend who has about 90-100k dps and he just doesn't give a fuck about any sort of defensive stats. Pure glass cannon all the way, stacking dex and crit like they're the only 2 stats he knows. I do wonder if his approach is better.
for a DH there really isn't much in between, you either go glass cannon or full tank. I prefer glass cannon, frustrating till you get the hang of it, but then it's good stuff. So yeah drop it all unless you can fit it in, but prioritize crit chance/crit damage and dex over anything. Aim for those numbers I mentioned. I'm sure you can squeeze in some all resist on a belt, and maybe elsewhere if you have a ton of gold.

I do about 65K without sharpshooter and can pretty much steamroll act 3. Very few elites give me trouble. It'll take some work to get to that point, but you don't have to be there. As long as you aim for those numbers. I don't even use sharpshooter since I'mat 41% and it's pretty much not worth a slot at that point.

kennah

I've found an entertainingly easy way to make small amounts of money with some regularity.

Figured I'd share it with GAF. Level a new character, and sell all of the +exp items you find/buy for 6000-9000 gold. This screenshot is half of today's haul.

Screenshot013.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom