• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been flipping a lot of items on the AH recently, but this was easily my biggest profit (purchased for 21M, sold for 75M; AH took 12M cut):

nvyHz.jpg

Here's the item:

V4TQN.jpg

I probably could've sold it for more too. That OH is godly and could possibly go for $250.
you're a strong man for taking the gold over the money. I always choose money first. Probably why I'm at 700 bucks but only 26 million gold.

Dahbomb

300K-500K

You might get away with more but that seems to be the average range of that weapon. DPS below 1200 for a Xbox is not worth a lot but anything above 1000K is still worth something.

Again, it's not what it's worth but what you can sell it for and I have seen similar Xbows go for over a million though that was a while ago with a different economy.

sazzy

Quick questions about RMAH:

-Do you need to provide PayPal with bank account details to receive/withdraw money from RMAH sales? Or is linking the debit/credit card enough?

-I don't see myself playing much in the near future, so deciding to off load my gear on the RMAH. I'm assuming right now would be a bad time to do that right? Should I just wait for patch 1.0.4 or 1.1 to do that?

Danj

Quick questions about RMAH:

-Do you need to provide PayPal with bank account details to receive/withdraw money from RMAH sales? Or is linking the debit/credit card enough?

Apparently the only requirement to use Paypal with battle.net is that your Paypal account is Verified. To do this you only need to link a card to it, and it should be possible to use a virtual card if you are sensible enough not to use your real one on account of how Paypal are crooks and thieves.

sazzy

Apparently the only requirement to use Paypal with battle.net is that your Paypal account is Verified. To do this you only need to link a card to it, and it should be possible to use a virtual card if you are sensible enough not to use your real one on account of how Paypal are crooks and thieves.

I just linked it with my real card... Only planning on using it for RMAH and not anything else. Is that gonna be a problem? :

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I found a skull grasp and a 10mil+ pair of gloves in the same run. The loot gods smile upon me today.

Now I won't find anything for 2 months.

Sigmaah

How much can this ammy go for? Dat Vit with Crit, extra LoH, and some dex. GAH comes up with 2 results, ammys that are going for 68 mill and 300 mill (better stats than this ammy)
2oH40.jpg

For the people having issue with the Mac OSX launcher :

Quit or Force Quit the launcher if it is open
Delete the Battle.net folder from your Users/Shared folder
Restart the Launcher. When prompted for your Mac OS X password just hit cancel

You will be all set

It's working

Danj

I just linked it with my real card... Only planning on using it for RMAH and not anything else. Is that gonna be a problem? :

There have been incidents (one such which happened to me) where money was stolen from bank accounts via Paypal. Consequently I wouldn't trust them with a "real" bank account.

sazzy

There have been incidents (one such which happened to me) where money was stolen from bank accounts via Paypal. Consequently I wouldn't trust them with a "real" bank account.

Can't you dispute that transaction?

edit- either way, how are people cashing out RMAH sales? do you just withdraw money once to your bank account, then delete/unlink the account from paypal asap?

Belgorim

edit- either way, how are people cashing out RMAH sales? do you just withdraw money once to your bank account, then delete/unlink the account from paypal asap?

I think most people just use paypal to buy stuff online that they want anyway without withdrawing to a bank account. At least that is what I have done (I have some as b.net balance though for heart of the swarm etc.)

Danj

Well sure, of course you can. But Paypal's own dispute resolution process is lengthy and unreliable, so unless you can get your bank to kick their ass (which is what I did) you might be in for a long wait to get your money back.

I'm trying the zombie bears from that guide posted some hours/days ago and I'm confused...

Sure it's really powerfull, but not versatile : you have only bears has direct dps. Not even darts.

Also, you have to get into the pack of elite, cast all your buff and debuff before (4 of them) doing your dps... it's risky...

I'm using a semi hybrid custom bear build since I'm level 60 and it's much survivable and quick. I do drop from 28 to 23dps (unbuff) though...

Also, no regen mana is really killing me... This zombie bears is very limited. It's kill everything in less that 6 seconds or die

koji

Yeah I'm not a big fan of it either, but I did manage to clear act 2 with it. (did Belial in coop with friends)

It doesn't really "feel" optimal if you have to use Fetish Army and BBV just to get your mana regen going on trash. I feel the same with most of those VQ/bears builds though. Oh, and always waiting for spirit walk before being able to move an inch is a huge PITA.

I also equipped the scoundrel with a cold bow and stacked IAS on him, actually works pretty good to slow the mobs down.

I did learn a lot from his explanation about gear though and what stats to watch out for on what slots etc.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hidUPQ!ZbW!baZabY

That's the build I'm using now with;
56k hp
25k dmg
1000LOH
400AR
4.5k armor
34critchance
170critdamage

Having a lot of fun with it but you need the LOH for it to work. Everything works with 1000LOH I guess...

I don't like that 4 cooldown builds.

Instead i use bears (fast cleaning of mobs) + acid rain (LOH) + splinter (to finish single targets) together with that passive which converts 15% spell costs into dmg to your life

koji

I don't like that 4 cooldown builds.

Instead i use bears (fast cleaning of mobs) + acid rain (LOH) + splinter (to finish single targets) together with that passive which converts 15% spell costs into dmg to your life

Sounds like a fun build as well :)

I used to play a summoner/cc build in act1, worked pretty good but no way you can do act 2 with it, well maybe you can if you put 50mill in it...

(and wth, 3 different people posting after eachother all playing WD, most popular class confirmed! ;-))

Is it worth to only farm the vault of assasins in act 2?

Think there are about 7/8 packs of elites in VoA, I wouldn't advise it no. I also do the 2 dungeons on the side in ZK's archives.

koji

I'm farming act 2 atm with 0 MF :-(

Convinced myself that it beats farming act1 with 305MF. (that and 100hours A1 farming is enough for me)

eek5

i have only 13% lol but i can't equip magic find items as i get killed in the act and i don't have enough gold to buy good mf equipment.
I don't think it's worth it then. The most you'll get is 8 or 9 champ packs on a good roll which means you're only guaranteed 4 rares. Most of the time it's around 6 which means only 1 guaranteed rare.

You can easily kill 35+ champ packs if you run through the easy to access areas of A2.

koji

Yeah I get way more loot in act 1, but I also get way more trash loot (lvl 52 to 59...). Atleast in act 2 I get more 60+ items. I get less loot overall though.

I've also been farming act 1 for quite a long time with high MF and never got anything great...

edit: Great, now you have me doubting, just suited up in my MF set and left game with 5stacks! :lol

Is there any trick to finding VoA in act 2 fast ?
I never leave VoA when I'm done clearing. That way I start inside the cave when I load. I then walk out and portal back to town. Hit up the sewers to the road to alcarnus. Then hit up ancient path. Since I walked out at the start, I can walk straight to it as its marked on the map.

I dont farm ZK or Belial anymore, but it's much faster.

koji

So you guys start the quest that has you go in the VoA? Doesn't it bork up the checkpoint otherwise? I tried it once and it put me back in town or somewhere random when I reloaded. (I load the kill Kulle quest when I start farming)

I never leave VoA when I'm done clearing. That way I start inside the cave when I load. I then walk out and portal back to town. Hit up the sewers to the road to alcarnus. Then hit up ancient path. Since I walked out at the start, I can walk straight to it as its marked on the map.

I dont farm ZK or Belial anymore, but it's much faster.
Does going back in at the end trigger another checkpoint? i.e. Do you start there next time?

Rom1944

Does going back in at the end trigger another checkpoint? i.e. Do you start there next time?

yes if you don't leave you start there always i'm currently doing only runs there i just came killing 7 elites and 2 gob but my mf is so bad that i didn't get anything good.

So you guys start the quest that has you go in the VoA? Doesn't it bork up the checkpoint otherwise? I tried it once and it put me back in town or somewhere random when I reloaded. (I load the kill Kulle quest when I start farming)
You actually can load up the last quest to kill Belial. There's a few spots you can go to to build up your stacks:
Sewers
Black Canyon Mines(immediate area around there)
Road to Alcarnus - Immediate area for a potential goblin and then the first level on the way to Magdha. No champs on second area so don't bother
Ancient Path just for the potential goblin

Then find the Vault in Desolate Sands which can be a bit of a pain, but once you find it and finish it, the next time you start the game you'll be inside it. Use the portal to mark it on the
map and then go back to town and repeat the cycle but only use waypoints because that way you can take that portal back to the Vault saving more time. It's a great run.

Is it that much better than kulle + his three dungeons ?
In my opinion, it's far better. There's less trash to deal with and all the areas are small with good chances of champ packs and in the case of the Vault it's just one giant circle so super easy to clear. The snakes can be a pain but the rest is a cakewalk.

koji

You actually can load up the last quest to kill Belial. There's a few spots you can go to to build up your stacks:
Sewers
Black Canyon Mines(immediate area around there)
Road to Alcarnus - Immediate area for a potential goblin and then the first level on the way to Magdha. No champs on second area so don't bother
Ancient Path just for the potential goblin

Then find the Vault in Desolate Sands which can be a bit of a pain, but once you find it and finish it, the next time you start the game you'll be inside it. Use the portal to mark it on the
map and then go back to town and repeat the cycle but only use waypoints because that way you can take that portal back to the Vault saving more time. It's a great run.

Thanks, I'll have to give that a try next time I do an act2 farming run. :)

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Diablo's twitter page just posted this..

"Coming Soon"

http://i.imgur.com/bEKXj.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
What does it mean?! ZOMG THE HYPE!!!

... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom