• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tafer

Yeah, but that's why I specified that it's easy with a million gold budget. 10x what this guy spent should be enough.

I really doubt that too... 1m won't get you anything close to 10x his gears. (We all know prices don't behave that way)

What I'm trying to say is that a lot of knowledge, skills and patience are required to do something like that... and a class that can pull it together, I really don't see a barb, WD or a monk doing that stuff. (Haven't play a monk, I know their gears are kinda cheap, but as a melee, I see it very difficult)

Cipherr

I really doubt that too... 1m won't get you anything close to 10x his gears. (We all know prices don't behave that way)

What I'm trying to say is that a lot of knowledge, skills and patience are required to do something like that... and a class that can pull it together, I really don't see a barb, WD or a monk doing that stuff. (Haven't play a monk, I know their gears are kinda cheap, but as a melee, I see it very difficult)

There are many 500k - 1m gold challenges out there for Barbs and Monks in video form. Its much easier to do as a melee than it is as a ranged like a DH. Beating Inferno was tough on my DH, I cruised through it on my Barb, especially post nerf.

tafer

There are many 500k - 1m gold challenges out there for Barbs and Monks in video form. Its much easier to do as a melee than it is as a ranged like a DH. Beating Inferno was tough on my DH, I cruised through it on my Barb, especially post nerf.

Man... I'm completely out of touch with this game.

You gotta have the patience if you're playing a budget build though. And also switching skills for different types of mobs. NV should be the least of your concern. You're progressing not farming. :)

Cipherr

Man... I'm completely out of touch with this game.

446k Budget Barb full inferno clear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4iBp0S-rT8&feature=plcp

Every piece of gear, and merc gear was bought from AH for a total of 446K gold. Inferno cleared with every single champion, unique, and rare pack killed.

He also has individual videos going over each item he bought and how much he paid for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YZd680H5EE&feature=relmfu

But again, if you watch this guide, notice that he was building strictly for progression, not farming. He doesnt skip any packs at all, kills every single one, but he kites when needed and will switch skills and lose stacks if neccessary in order to progress. Its not not about the drops, its only about progressing in those low gold challenges.

When it comes to farming though its much more expensive because speed is a factor, noone wants to farm that slowly.

You gotta have the patience if you're playing a budget build though. And also switching skills for different types of mobs. NV should be the least of your concern. You're progressing not farming. :)

Yep, Farming and Progression are two totally different things.

picked up this 656 dps hand crossbow for my demon hunter on the AH. pretty much will make hell a breeze. any idea how much this will go for?

73968601.jpg

tafer

I guess I can join the club of troll legendaries:

VDGtx.jpg

I also got this one:

Ir8M8.png

This game is mean to me :(

446k Budget Barb full inferno clear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4iBp0S-rT8&feature=plcp

Every piece of gear, and merc gear was bought from AH for a total of 446K gold. Inferno cleared with every single champion, unique, and rare pack killed.

He also has individual videos going over each item he bought and how much he paid for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YZd680H5EE&feature=relmfu

But again, if you watch this guide, notice that he was building strictly for progression, not farming. He doesnt skip any packs at all, kills every single one, but he kites when needed and will switch skills and lose stacks if neccessary in order to progress. Its not not about the drops, its only about progressing in those low gold challenges.

When it comes to farming though its much more expensive because speed is a factor, noone wants to farm that slowly.

Yeah, yeah it's possible... painfully slow, but possible.

koji

Try as I might I just can't seem to have fun with the Witch Doctor. Its by far the most boring class of the bunch for me, and having your pets wiped out so quickly by any major enemy is just, well, stupid. Of all the classes I think the Wizard is the most well rounded.

The pets work fine up to act 2 inferno, Blizzard just forgot to explain players that they basically need to gear up like a tank and stack chance to CC on proc gear, if you have a lot of armor, resists, tons of chance to CC, some STR and a bit of DEX they work great for semi-afk facerolling act 1

If you`re gearing only INT-VIT (what the majority of players has been doing) and wizard/caster gear they die miserably, this already starts in Nightmare...

Managed to take down Belial with my WD yesterday, can also farm act 2 with her now, 1000LOH is a huge help...

Pepto

Banned
What setups did you use pre inferno? I'm just using darts/dogs/grasp and Bats or Haunt and its just the exact same thing over and over, and lacks the wild effects and punishing physics reactions of other classes. Except of course when something big comes along and one shots my dogs. Please tell me I'm doing it wrong :p

First build was someting like darts, grasp, dogs and gargantuan. When that did not work anymore I switched to VQ+bears build.

koji

First build was someting like darts, grasp, dogs and gargantuan. When that did not work anymore I switched to VQ+bears build.

Not such a big fan myself of those bears VQ builds but they are effective, and cheap for that damage output. I don`t like waiting for Spirit Walk cooldown to take on a next pack of mobs... :)

I lucked out on the AH last week but didn`t even realise it at first, till I started looking for an upgrade weapon for it.

755dmg ceremonial knife
9 mana regen
142int
43%critdamage
853LOH

for 150k...

That`s the reason I`m now able to farm Act2 with a non bears build.

Sigmaah

I have 33 Mill gold to spend, I need help from a fellow DH or someone with great knowledge on what gear I need get that will allow me to have at least 100K damage, without Sharpshooter.

If he makes it a glass cannon it should be possible ;)

Getting to like 100k dps and still having resists and armor and vitality is completly diffrent.

Sigmaah

33m doesn't seem nearly enough unless you can sell your old gear for decent amount

33 Mill isn't enough? MY GOD, this game is nuts...

If he makes it a glass cannon it should be possible ;)

Getting to like 100k dps and still having resists and armor and vitality is completly diffrent.

I think that is what I want to do, I've learned that even though I have armor/resits/vit, I still die, so why not just go full glass cannon?!

As of now, I have 50K+ dps without SS, just 50K more to go :>

koji

since this page has had a bunch of guides/reddits about inferno builds, anyone have a WD inferno build/strat handy?

Yeah, here -> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6036113827

It`s for a VQ/bears build though, I followed that guide to get out of act 1, was stuck there for quite some time... It`s also good general advise on what stats you need to look out for on armor etc. But just following that guide also works (buildwise)

Is anyone else finding more legendaries lately? I feel like the drop rate was bumped or something. Over the course of the weekend I found 5 and I wasn't even really playing that much. They all sucked, I just got them more often.

I found an Ivory Tower. It's a legendary shield. I look it's stats :

Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202012-07-30%20%C3%A0%2015.27.10.png

20% block chance, 27 all res 1000 armor, 116 life per seconds, 1800/2800 damage block, 11% vit, 4% damage reduced from melee, 1.5% chance to freeze on it

I yelled " I'm rich ! "

I check the AH and RMHA...

" I'm still poor... "

I found an Ivory Tower. It's a legendary shield. I look it's stats :

Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202012-07-30%20%C3%A0%2015.27.10.png

20% block chance, 27 all res 1000 armor, 116 life per seconds, 1800/2800 damage block, 11% vit, 4% damage reduced from melee, 1.5% chance to freeze on it

I yelled " I'm rich ! "

I check the AH and RMHA...

" I'm still poor... "

I did this with both this shield and an Andriels Visasge this weekend.

33 Mill isn't enough? MY GOD, this game is nuts...

I think that is what I want to do, I've learned that even though I have armor/resits/vit, I still die, so why not just go full glass cannon?!

As of now, I have 50K+ dps without SS, just 50K more to go :>

I bough myself full set of Natalya gear - it makes a day and night difference when it comes to survivability (spamming shadow power with gloom all the time).

Wool

Whats the consensus on making gold off of gems? I have about 5 million gold (the most I've ever had) and I want to buy the flawless star recipe and start selling those. Is that profitable?

Whats the consensus on making gold off of gems? I have about 5 million gold (the most I've ever had) and I want to buy the flawless star recipe and start selling those. Is that profitable?

Nope - you have to buy gems and tomes from trade chat/forums to even make some profit.

Ashhong

I make a 100k or so off each emerald gem. I think it was the highest gem that you can make before needing plans. Of course I had the mats and enough radiant square gems to make them. Prices might have dropped now though. I think they were selling for about 730k? Maybe..

HenryHSH

Nope - you have to buy gems and tomes from trade chat/forums to even make some profit.

Not true. I used to make 120-200k+ profit on each gem and averaged over 1M profit an hour. Of course, I used about 20M+ gold and bought everything off the AH. You just need to stock up on tomes and gems at their low price point during the day. On the rare occasion, I got to sell my gems through the chat channel and made over 800k on a single gem.

I've posted about my profits before, with proof. You just need to keep checking the auction house and get a good read on what you'll be spending vs what you'll be making and if it's worth the time.

I started off with low quality gems and slowly moved up to 90% crit emeralds (forgot their names as I haven't really bothered with the game in quite a while). I've made hundreds of millions off gems. But it took some time and bored me to death. I used a mouse clicker and either worked, watched a movie or read while I made the gems. It's a long boring process, but much faster than farming... so...

I make a 100k or so off each emerald gem. I think it was the highest gem that you can make before needing plans. Of course I had the mats and enough radiant square gems to make them. Prices might have dropped now though. I think they were selling for about 730k? Maybe..
I added up the material values on the EU servers and once blizzard have taken their 15% cut you basically make nothing. I'm sure it was profitable once, but it doesn't seem to be now.

That said, it seems to be about 15% cheaper to make them yourself than buy them in the AH... which I guess makes sense because of the afore mentioned cut.

Not true. I used to make 120-200k+ profit on each gem and averaged over 1M profit an hour. Of course, I used about 20M+ gold and bought everything off the AH. You just need to stock up on tomes and gems at their low price point during the day. On the rare occasion, I got to sell my gems through the chat channel and made over 800k on a single gem.

I've posted about my profits before, with proof. You just need to keep checking the auction house and get a good read on what you'll be spending vs what you'll be making and if it's worth the time.

I started off with low quality gems and slowly moved up to 90% crit emeralds (forgot their names as I haven't really bothered with the game in quite a while). I've made hundreds of millions off gems. But it took some time and bored me to death. I used a mouse clicker and either worked, watched a movie or read while I made the gems. It's a long boring process, but much faster than farming... so...

I made calculations dozens of time - it never was profitable (sometimes you could make like 5-10k on 1800k investment) to make flawless star emeralds on EU server if you used AH both for buying and selling gems.

scosher

I've been flipping a lot of items on the AH recently, but this was easily my biggest profit (purchased for 21M, sold for 75M; AH took 12M cut):

nvyHz.jpg

Here's the item:

V4TQN.jpg

I probably could've sold it for more too. That OH is godly and could possibly go for $250.

HenryHSH

I made calculations dozens of time - it never was profitable (sometimes you could make like 5-10k on 1800k investment) to make flawless star emeralds on EU server if you used AH both for buying and selling gems.

What gems were you buying? Also it might be different on EU.

Prezhulio

Dude, fuck this game. Just got dc'd with Maybe 2 hits left on inferno butcher with 5 stacks. Infuriating.

Thx for the wd build guide earlier, but I'm fucking out for a while. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom