• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν

EXACTLY WHAT WE'VE BEEN PLEADING FOR! YES!!! YESSS!!!!!!!!!

It would be insane to draw attention to random satellite features when so many people are upset about the endgame in general. 1.04 sounded like it had some useful adjustments...talk about that BEFORE anything else. Anyone that's on the fence isn't going to leap for joy at the thought of an online Armory...

Does going back in at the end trigger another checkpoint? i.e. Do you start there next time?

Just going into VoA triggers a check point. YOu can TP back to camp and sell your stuff before logging out. You just can't progress the story line. If you go killl ZK after you clear the cave a checkpoint is triggered and you won't spawn in the VoA.

So I start with the mission to kill ZK if I was farming act III or something without MF. I then do the sewers to road to alcarnus (tressure gob) and get a 5 stack. Then to the ancient path (tressure gob) where I look for the VoA. After Clearing the VoA I TP back, sell my stuff and log out. When I log back in, I start in the VoA. Now I can exit the cave and have it marked on the map. So when I do my run this time, I see clearly where the VoA is when warping to the Ancient Path.

scy

Diablo 3 Armory, just in time for ... hm.

I do wonder when we'll at least get a taste of 1.0.4. Hoping that the Armory goes live at least with a 1.0.4 preview.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I'm going out on a limb and say that the web team is in charge of that and they have nothing to do with the patching process.
Even if so, the perception of the player base is that priority #1 is fixing the core game.

Dangling a carrot in front of people like this and then making it a feature that just about no one would prioritize over the game changes just comes across very poorly. Even if it's a different team, it's still one product and we see Blizzard as one entity.

Stripes55

Neo Member
OK, this is something I've been wondering about for a while: what, exactly, determines the item (or required) level of an item you get in a loot drop? Is it where you are in the game (difficulty/act), your character level, your MF, a combination of these, etc.? Because I almost always get items that are 7-8 levels below my character level (Monk 55 in Hell Act 2, +90% MF; the same seems to happen on my Barb 47 in Nightmare Act 3, +82% MF).

OK, this is something I've been wondering about for a while: what, exactly, determines the item (or required) level of an item you get in a loot drop? Is it where you are in the game (difficulty/act), your character level, your MF, a combination of these, etc.? Because I almost always get items that are 7-8 levels below my character level (Monk 55 in Hell Act 2, +90% MF; the same seems to happen on my Barb 47 in Nightmare Act 3, +82% MF).

Difficulty level and act in which you are.

question, I'm playing as Demon Hunter.

Why is it that my 192 ilvl 55 gloves give me so much more damage than my 220 ilvl 58 gloves

the 220 has 111 dex whereas the 192 only has 106
dex

hqkfdl.jpg

Don't know why you guys are saying "ugh" to that, it seems like it will be incredibly useful (for people who actually still play the game lol). Now if only they could upgrade the AH and RMAH with web interfaces.
AH yeah... online armory? What use is that?

LordCanti

question, I'm playing as Demon Hunter.

Why is it that my 192 ilvl 55 gloves give me so much more damage than my 220 ilvl 58 gloves

the 220 has 111 dex whereas the 192 only has 106
dex

hqkfdl.jpg

That number is armor, not damage. That's why.

Of the stats listed there, dex, crit chance, and Attack Speed are what contribute to the DPS number. Armor is irrelevant. As for why the ones on the right give more DPS than the other ones, 7% IAS is going to overcome 5 more dex and 5.5% crit chance, unless you have enormous crit damage.

Turn off sharpshooter passive ;)

That number is armor, not damage. That's why.

Of the stats listed there, dex, crit chance, and Attack Speed are what contribute to the DPS number. Armor is irrelevant. As for why the ones on the right give more DPS than the other ones, 7% IAS is going to overcome 5 more dex and 5.5% crit chance, unless you have enormous crit damage.

ah HA!

Sharpshooter is the culprit.

I still know diddly squat about this game but 100+ hours in, I just want to find some good items and/or friends to play with lol.

Stripes55

Neo Member
Difficulty level and act in which you are.

That's it? Well, that explains a lot. I suppose they do that so as not to penalize those who play straight through without exploring entire areas, doing all the side dungeons, etc.

So on a (semi-)related question...as I mentioned, I have a Monk 55 in Act 2 of Hell (close to lvl 56, actually). I think I'm about halfway through Act 2. Given that I tend to do a bit more exploring then some...what are the odds I'll hit level 60 either before or as I finish Act IV Hell? (I have very little in the way of bonus experience loot, BTW).

That's it? Well, that explains a lot. I suppose they do that so as not to penalize those who play straight through without exploring entire areas, doing all the side dungeons, etc.

So on a (semi-)related question...as I mentioned, I have a Monk 55 in Act 2 of Hell (close to lvl 56, actually). I think I'm about halfway through Act 2. Given that I tend to do a bit more exploring then some...what are the odds I'll hit level 60 either before or as I finish Act IV Hell? (I have very little in the way of bonus experience loot, BTW).

100%. Especially with clearing all areas.

LordCanti

ah HA!

Sharpshooter is the culprit.

I still know diddly squat about this game but 100+ hours in, I just want to find some good items and/or friends to play with lol.

Sharpshooter....is not the culprit. O_O

No it's not hilarious at all. I can appreciate certain forms of griefing, but there is nothing amusing about that

How is the guy staying alive long enough to grief them? Is there some new bug?

scy

Well, sort of. The Crit Chance on the current Gloves isn't really doing anything (since chance is capped) and the other gloves are factoring IAS% on that maxed out crit.

Edit: Also, as others mentioned, 5.5% Crit vs 7% IAS% is heavily in favor of the latter unless you have a decent Crit Damage (+150% or more).

How is the guy staying alive long enough to grief them? Is there some new bug?

It is actually but not for a reason he asked )
If you use SS then crit chance would not be included into dps calculation while attack speed would give straight % increase on top of dps stat boosted.

LordCanti

Well, sort of. The Crit Chance on the current Gloves isn't really doing anything (since chance is capped) and the other gloves are factoring IAS% on that maxed out crit.

Edit: Also, as others mentioned, 5.5% Crit vs 7% IAS% is heavily in favor of the latter unless you have a decent Crit Damage (+150% or more).

That was me ;_;

Well, I should've been more clear, that was just answering the in general question of why the IAS% was better, not really directed to you. Though, I thought more than just you mentioned that point for the gloves but looks like it was just you! My bad :x

I'm just salty that the game is down. The first time I've felt like playing in a week, and I can't -_-

scy

That was me ;_;

Well, I should've been more clear, that was just answering the in general question of why the IAS% was better, not really directed to you. Though, I thought more than just you mentioned that point for the gloves but looks like it was just you! My bad :x

HenryHSH

Oh it's hell. Derpa derpa derp.

He must have some damn good gear in any case. Those ponies are no joke.

Yeah, you need decent inferno gear to tank hell ponies like that.
It's really hard not to blame the players for their own death. For not checking what they're teleporting into and not knowing that whimsyshire is equal to act 4 in terms of difficulty.

LordCanti

It's after 11 pacific. WTF Blizzard?

Edit: Extended for two more hours. Seven hours or however long isn't enough?

Shit should be a bannable offense man. But then again Ive never understood griefers. Shit is extremely lame.

They literally won't ban in-game scammers, so it's no surprise that they won't ban griefers either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom