• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheik

I've been flipping a lot of items on the AH recently, but this was easily my biggest profit (purchased for 21M, sold for 75M; AH took 12M cut):

nvyHz.jpg

Here's the item:

V4TQN.jpg

I probably could've sold it for more too. That OH is godly and could possibly go for $250.

That is... so sick. Huuuge flip. The most I've ever flipped anything for is like 10 mil on GA.

Damn maint. I want to check my auctions :(.

V_Arnold

We haven't even had the developer blog for it yet. :(

Hm. This week we have seen this bullshit teaser, so even in best case scenario, next monday is blog time, and aug 14 is 1.0.4 time? Right around gamescom? Fuck? And if it is later, then it stinks.

Blizz, you already got your money. You do not need to fight Guild Wars 2 as well.

Hmmm ... not sure what to do GAF.

wedLx.jpg

The damage is good, but not great. There's nothing other than Crit, but it's a perfect crit roll and a socket.

Comparable items with DPS in the +/- 40 area were going for about 6-10 million. However ... those items had like 50 and 60 percent crit rolls. The only weapon I found with a crit roll higher was a 750ish DPS weapon with 91 crit roll for 10 million.

Starting bid of 10 mil with no buyout?

EDIT: There's a couple up for 25mil with gems in them. Both with +dis for 25mil. Both with 750 ish DPS though.

Zzoram

I personally think it would hurt Guild Wars 2 a lot more if patch 1.04 came out sooner rather than when GW2 does.

If they make Diablo 3 better, we'll have time to get invested in it and really get sucked in and ignore other games.

Dahbomb

So how viable is a Dodge Monk build for Inferno?

I am talking the dual wield 15% dodge+ passive + Mantra of Evasion (Backlash) + Dashing Strike (last rune which gives you 20% dodge) + Fist of Thunder (15% dodge chance increase rune). I don't know how dodge percentage stack works but that additively is 70%+. I can also opt to add the 6th Sense passive with the dodge rune with the Cyclone skill but my crit chance isn't high enough to utilize 6th Sense and using Cyclone means I have to give up Serenity and IMO that's not worth it.

Has anyone ever spent any real coin on the RMAH?
Had the debate in my head for the past week about buying some gold as I don't have the time to farm millions of gold and having that initial boost would allow me to flip items and make it back. Decisions!
not really - I already bought some #partoftheproblem

Dahbomb

Damn what's your magic find? Must be one of those days.

Judging by the quality of those Legendaries doesn't seem like they buffed them in this patch/maintenance.

So how viable is a Dodge Monk build for Inferno?

I am talking the dual wield 15% dodge+ passive + Mantra of Evasion (Backlash) + Dashing Strike (last rune which gives you 20% dodge) + Fist of Thunder (15% dodge chance increase rune). I don't know how dodge percentage stack works but that additively is 70%+. I can also opt to add the 6th Sense passive with the dodge rune with the Cyclone skill but my crit chance isn't high enough to utilize 6th Sense and using Cyclone means I have to give up Serenity and IMO that's not worth it.
I ran this build the whole way through with hard target for the armor buff. Though sweeping wind with the resolve passive might be better than guardians path as well.

FoT - dodge rune
Lashing tail kick - armada
MoE - hard target
breath of heaven - damage rune
Serenity
Sweeping wind

Resolve ... One with everything ... Dex to armor passive

Dahbomb

^^ That's my current build only subbing Blinding Faith for Sweeping Tail. In my new build I plan to be using Dashing Strike with the evasion rune, see how that works out.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Found a 6 prop belt plan. I assume that the belt market is just as flooded and hard to get a return from as the gloves/boots/etc markets?

Xanathus

Found a 6 prop belt plan. I assume that the belt market is just as flooded and hard to get a return from as the gloves/boots/etc markets?

The problem with the belt market is that there are a number of legendary belts that are actually very useful so the high-end market just save money for those. So there's a lower ceiling price on belts compared to other armors. Still possible to profit though.

Sigmaah

This has to be good correct? PLEASE TELL ME SO!!!

n3yn2.jpg

Little bro has spent at least close to a million making belts and has made over 3 mill gold+. I'd invest if you have gold :>

Sigmaah

It's not bad but has no crit dmg bonus, no attack speed bonus, and kinda low dex bonus. The socket is good for sticking in an emerald. It's still worth something but not top tier.

Alright, thanks man. Nothing shows up when I search the AH, so hopefully I can get a good penny for it.

Tank Doctor question -

Mojo or shield ?

I noticed i'd take at least 30% drop in dmg output not using mojo so it worth it to swap for shield ?

If nothing shows up, it's because of the high vita. I'm not sure how much DH's value that these days.

Smart ones care - rest will bitch on battlenet how stupid blizzard is and how repair costs make D3 unplayable ;)

mlaz14

Can anyone on US server help me beat Ghom? I'm a demon hunter and I can get him down to about 25-30% health but after 1 1/2 passes around the room its full of gas and I have nowhere to move.

Edit-Nvm killed him after a few more tries with different specs

I can't even get this damn game to launch.

Since about yesterday or so the launcher had an update and ever since nothing loads. It just sits on the initializing screen and nothing happens at all.

Uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked once and went back to just sitting on the initializing screen.

What gives??

I can't even get this damn game to launch.

Since about yesterday or so the launcher had an update and ever since nothing loads. It just sits on the initializing screen and nothing happens at all.

Uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked once and went back to just sitting on the initializing screen.

What gives??

OSX ? If yes, delete the Battle.net folder in shared user, then launch again and it cancel when it ask for password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom