• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

good gald they know they fucked up. still one year at this point is too long. :/

I dont know if that's the case. My brother (the lawyer) said he said they wanted to keep the momentum going because it was the biggest selling game etc etc. Never mentioned anything about knowing they fucked up and are rushing to fix it for the gamers. Sounded to me like they want to capitalize on whatever momentum is left before it's too late.

Out of curiosity, what would you guys put this up for:

kkgbV.png

zaxon

My resists are low. like lowest is 300 with shout. I am a barbarian. I have like 15K DPS and 8K armor. This is also my build

ibrfjwa003UiSP.jpg

What exactly is giving you trouble? I cleared act 1 with worse stats than what you have (300 resists with shout, ~11k dps, ~6k armor). Only hole I can see is maybe your vit. How much hp do you have? You want about 25-30k at least.

Build is also the same as what I used, except for Overpower. You might consider swapping that out for more of a survival/utility ability. I used Seismic Slam -- the on-demand space you can create with it can help you get out of ground crap and also kite while waiting for cooldowns -- but you could also play around with leap, furious charge, or war stomp.

Dahbomb

Speaking of magic find, Resplendent Chests should be treated like Treasure Goblins with respect to MF/NV. I understand nerfing armor racks and normal chests. RC's are far less plentiful and accessible.

*DISCLAIMER:
Author of this post has not seen a rare drop from a RC in a long, long time :(
This right here. Its baffling that you get to the end of a dungeon and find a res chest with 5 stacks and not get a single rare. Another one of those lol blizzard decisions.

Definity

I think I'm done until the next big patch. I just can't get back into the game after being out of town for a couple days. Not complaining at all though. 60$ for the game and 300 hours of game time plus 200$ or so on the RMAH.

If they fix the issues and keep sending out updates I will keep coming back.

Sigmaah

Anyway to make leveling a character fun and fast? My god, I get so bored trying to level my monk after about 5 minutes. He's level 53, so I'm almost to 60, but I at least need a "fast" way to do it. The fun part can be for when I level my Witch Doctor (level 6 atm lol)

larvi

Anyway to make leveling a character fun and fast? My god, I get so bored trying to level my monk after about 5 minutes. He's level 53, so I'm almost to 60, but I at least need a "fast" way to do it. The fun part can be for when I level my Witch Doctor (level 6 atm lol)

You can get a helm with a socket and put a high lvl exp gem in it to help but you still have play through 3 story 3 times to get to inferno even if you get to 60 before then so not sure how much that helps.

This is a big problem with D3, it gets so boring repeating the same quests And since the loot is pretty much all for endgame you don't even have the drops to look forward to. I'm trying to build some other classes as well and keep getting bored out of my skull after a couple of levels.

IlludiumQ36

This is a big problem with D3, it gets so boring repeating the same quests And since the loot is pretty much all for endgame you don't even have the drops to look forward to. I'm trying to build some other classes as well and keep getting bored out of my skull after a couple of levels.

The first time through the game is quite enjoyable as everything is new and the progressive unlocking of new skills and runes maintains that even through the subsequent difficulties. The (perceived) possibilities of getting a good drop that improves your character is always seemingly a kill away.

Unfortunately, that facade is quickly stripped away upon running a second character to 60 as from pretty much early Nightmare to late Hell mode, drops are complete garbage. Even the skills aren't enough to offset the monotony. By this point, it's crystal clear that blues are but a necessary evil, yet that's about all that's gonna drop over the next 10-15 hours. There's no excuse for not at least getting one rare from every boss.

eek5

There's no excuse for not at least getting one rare from every boss.
There is really no reason NV statcks shouldn't be available to everyone or at least to all of your characters if you've beaten inferno diablo once.

Are they afraid the game might drop a max rolled iL50 item? Oh no!! lol

Why does obvious stuff like this take 3 months to make it into the game?
Speaking from a development point of view... Blizzard has some seriously myopic practices. I can't help believing that everyone there works to a formula and isn't encouraged to think for themselves.

That, or they've been so resource short that everyone was told to cut everything to the absolute bare minimum. It wouldn't surprise me.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Super late to the party...but I just finally started being able to make progress through Inferno Act 3 and just downed Ghom on my 5th attempt solo.

Got outright slain the first time from the clouds in like 20 seconds.
Got slain pretty quickly again the second time.
3rd time I got a sound strategy working, but he enraged on me with about 25% health
4th time the same strat worked, but he enraged on me at about 20%
5th time I was extra aggressive staying in poison clouds and got him down just as he was enraging.

Fuck...yes...

The loot running part of this game isn't that fun to me right now, but making progress through Act 3 Inferno has the adrenaline flowing, man. Those champion packs and unique mobs are freaking nuts in Inferno and you've got to have solid technique to avoid just getting wrecked. Die anywhere from 0-2 times now on each pack which is great. More often than not it's 0 times which is sweet.

My monk was always built like a tank, and I've started hunting for gear that ups my DPS. I've got 17K paper DPS and rocking a hybrid tank/DPS build and it's working wonders.

Sanctuary for the "oh shit" moments (+1 second rune)
Group Heal (+fear rune)
Mantra of Evasion (+Backlash rune for AOE)
Sweeping Winds (+Cyclone rune for max single target DPS with AOE)
Fist of Thunder (+Thunderclap for goblin ownage and increased AS for LoH)
Lash Kick (+Armada rune for maximum "get the fuck away from me" ability)

A very nice blend of offense and defense in my eyes.

Trying to find a better weapon since I'm rocking a 757 DPS fist and shield right now...but lack the funds.

Just had the best night of Diablo 3 so far and I'm PUMPED!

It's only downhill from here, eh?!

Sigmaah

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5573702247#4

Why does obvious stuff like this take 3 months to make it into the game?

HOLY FUCK, THANK GOD

You can get a helm with a socket and put a high lvl exp gem in it to help but you still have play through 3 story 3 times to get to inferno even if you get to 60 before then so not sure how much that helps.

I do that but it still goes by slowly, and for getting inferno, I just have a friend take me to a specific act on inferno and im good to go!

eek5

The loot running part of this game isn't that fun to me right now, but making progress through Act 3 Inferno has the adrenaline flowing, man.
You know the most fun I ever had during a run was when the server was rebooting in 15 mins and I had just killed Siegebreaker. I was basically trying to do a speed run to Azmodan and as I got close to the reboot my heart was pumping! I wish there was another way to get that feeling lol. I guess crumbling vault is similar but when the timer expires you have nothing to lose and the reward is terrible since resplendents are no longer affected by MF so it's just not the same. :/

I hit 52 and the progression has ground to a near halt - SUCKS!

It used to be that I could just run that outpost quest in Act2 5 billion times. It at least allowed me to switch off my brain and watch a movie at the same time.

Are there no alternatives? I stocked up on +xp items and socketed my helm and was running act3 killing those big group of small scorpions but that stopped being worth my time by 51..

Dahbomb

Game needs more events like the jar of souls. Some sort of survival mode where the enemies/packs get harder but the cap on your NV stacks keeps going up.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Game needs more events like the jar of souls. Some sort of survival mode where the enemies/packs get harder but the cap on your NV stacks keeps going up.

When I first played that event, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I was anticipating that there would be even cooler events like that later in the game.

Aside from the crumbling vault....nope not really. Disappointing.

And the "kill waves of monsters" kind of gameplay isn't even that exciting anymore once you're at max level because all that EXP you are gaining is worthless.

FF11 style merit points: can I have it?

tafer

When I first played that event, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I was anticipating that there would be even cooler events like that later in the game.

Aside from the crumbling vault....nope not really. Disappointing.

And the "kill waves of monsters" kind of gameplay isn't even that exciting anymore once you're at max level because all that EXP you are gaining is worthless.

FF11 style merit points: can I have it?

Doing some farming today, I found a 52-55 gear with +20 exp / kill... Made me smile.

And now a serious question! Square gems, worthless garbage or worthy enough to pick them up?

kennah

Doing some farming today, I found a 52-55 gear with +20 exp / kill... Made me smile.

And now a serious question! Square gems, worthless garbage or worthy enough to pick them up?

Dude... pick them up and turn them into better gems. Gems are always worthwhile.

Zertez

Square Emeralds are worth picking up. Other gems the market isnt great on them now, but it seems to change depending on the flavor of the month build or weapon.

I think Ive almost given up on farming and looking for upgrades for now. Im leveling all characters to 60 and farming a little bit each night.

tafer

I'm still picking them up, but the other day some guys were talking about it and it seems that it's pretty easy to buy perfect squares for less that it costs to make them. (Making squares... worthless)

Edit:
Square Emeralds are worth picking up. Other gems the market isnt great on them now, but it seems to change depending on the flavor of the month build or weapon.

I think Ive almost given up on farming and looking for upgrades for now. Im leveling all characters to 60 and farming a little bit each night.

I see, that makes sense.

koji

I do that but it still goes by slowly, and for getting inferno, I just have a friend take me to a specific act on inferno and im good to go!

I hit 52 and the progression has ground to a near halt - SUCKS!

It used to be that I could just run that outpost quest in Act2 5 billion times. It at least allowed me to switch off my brain and watch a movie at the same time.

Are there no alternatives? I stocked up on +xp items and socketed my helm and was running act3 killing those big group of small scorpions but that stopped being worth my time by 51..

* Socket a + %xp gem in your helm (try to get a star ruby in there or something, +25% exp over the course of the entire campaign is HUGE)
* Wear +exp gear in every slot
* Buy a lvl requirement reduced weapon of around 550+ / 650 dps, buy one for around 300k on the AH and pwn the shit out of everything (sell it again later for 300k!) you can search on lvl requirement reduction on the AH input a value there! I started using one at lvl 46 on my characters.
* Search the AH for HAS SOCKETS gear (certainly on those lower levels)

Don't spend time grinding quests, if you've done everything above just play through the campaign, if you have a big + %xp gem and a lot of +exp gear you shouldn't have to grind out anything. You'll probably be near 60 by the end of Hell or maybe a couple 100k removed.

I leveled myself a barb (in 26hours) and a wiz (in 22hours) a couple weeks ago. I just ran from objective to objective, only killing shit on the way, didn't bother clearing everything and I still outleveled the campaign. The first levels up to 15 are the slowest imo cause you can't wear gear with sockets and don't have a lot of +exp. With my wiz I even was 60 before I reached the end op Hell, was a huge help that I could wear my 60 gear though, if you start to die a lot or to struggle hit the AH, think I had to buy gear twice in hell around lvl 50 and 54...

And if you really want to grind quests, but really you shouldn't be doing that to level, here is the xp chart -> http://i.imgur.com/KMHbg.jpg

ended up just playing my main/WD again :lol

Sigmaah

* Socket a + %xp gem in your helm (try to get a star ruby in there or something, +25% exp over the course of the entire campaign is HUGE)
* Wear +exp gear in every slot
* Buy a lvl requirement reduced weapon of around 550+ / 650 dps, buy one for around 300k on the AH and pwn the shit out of everything (sell it again later for 300k!) you can search on lvl requirement reduction on the AH input a value there! I started using one at lvl 46 on my characters.
* Search the AH for HAS SOCKETS gear (certainly on those lower levels)

Don't spend time grinding quests, if you've done everything above just play through the campaign, if you have a big + %xp gem and a lot of +exp gear you shouldn't have to grind out anything. You'll probably be near 60 by the end of Hell or maybe a couple 100k removed.

I leveled myself a barb (in 26hours) and a wiz (in 22hours) a couple weeks ago. I just ran from objective to objective, only killing shit on the way, didn't bother clearing everything and I still outleveled the campaign. The first levels up to 15 are the slowest imo cause you can't wear gear with sockets and don't have a lot of +exp. With my wiz I even was 60 before I reached the end op Hell, was a huge help that I could wear my 60 gear though, if you start to die a lot or to struggle hit the AH, think I had to buy gear twice in hell around lvl 50 and 54...

And if you really want to grind quests, but really you shouldn't be doing that to level, here is the xp chart -> http://i.imgur.com/KMHbg.jpg

ended up just playing my main/WD again :lol

Thanks man!

Also, I'M DONE WITH THIS GAME, PUT MY NAT BOOTS FOR 21 MILL on BUYOUT, it sold within a minute, I was like woah, NICE! I look and IT SOLD FOR 2 MILL... THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT, I SWEAR I SAW 21 MILL BUYOUT, AHHHH FUCK MY LIFE MAN, BIGGEST LOSS EVER, I'M SO FUCKING MAD, FUCK THIS GAME FOR NOT HAVING COMMAS ON GOLD WHEN YOU ENTER A BID/BUYOUT PRICE, FUCK THIS SHIT.

SO FUCKING PISSED RIGHT NOW, THERE GOES 17 MILL DOWN THE DRAIN, AHHH FUCK THIS GAME.

WHOEVER BOUGHT THAT SHIT MUST BE HAPPY AS HELL... FUCK MAN, SO UPSET RIGHT NOW...

Dahbomb

Thanks man!

Also, I'M DONE WITH THIS GAME, PUT MY NAT BOOTS FOR 21 MILL on BUYOUT, it sold within a minute, I was like woah, NICE! I look and IT SOLD FOR 2 MILL... THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT, I SWEAR I SAW 21 MILL BUYOUT, AHHHH FUCK MY LIFE MAN, BIGGEST LOSS EVER, I'M SO FUCKING MAD, FUCK THIS GAME FOR NOT HAVING COMMAS ON GOLD WHEN YOU ENTER A BID/BUYOUT PRICE, FUCK THIS SHIT.

SO FUCKING PISSED RIGHT NOW, THERE GOES 17 MILL DOWN THE DRAIN, AHHH FUCK THIS GAME.

WHOEVER BOUGHT THAT SHIT MUST BE HAPPY AS HELL... FUCK MAN, SO UPSET RIGHT NOW...
Hahahahhah..... Oh wow.

Why did you even sell it to begin with? Seems like you got greedy. Also your fault not the game's.

Anyway 3-4 inventory worth of rares and not a single decent item from it. This game is godlike!!!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Yikes, I'm sorry to hear that :(

Whenever I list something for multiple millions, I always count out the appropriate number of zeroes slowly and deliberately. Then I immediately go to my auctions page so that I can see it listed with the price in commas.

zulux21

so does anyone in here know why some of the prices of things have been crashing?
I mean tombs of jewelcrafting are in the 200g range now when they were 1300 like 10 days ago
the inferno essences are down to like 500 from 1200...

it's just weird... but at least it was finally cheap enough for me to buy jewelcrafting to turn all of my square emeralds into flawless square emeralds... took like 20 min to convert them all @_@

Sigmaah

Hahahahhah..... Oh wow.

Why did you even sell it to begin with? Seems like you got greedy. Also your fault not the game's.

Anyway 3-4 inventory worth of rares and not a single decent item from it. This game is godlike!!!

Only reason I bought it for 17 mill was to flip it, didnt really wanna use it, got too greedy and BAM, this stupid shit happens, I blame the game and myself for this stupid bullshit.

Lmao at 3 inventory worth or rares and nothing good, D3 IS THE BEST GAME OUT THERE.

Yikes, I'm sorry to hear that :(

Whenever I list something for multiple millions, I always count out the appropriate number of zeroes slowly and deliberately. Then I immediately go to my auctions page so that I can see it listed with the price in commas.

Thanks man, I don't know how I'm ever gonna get over this, everytime I go look at my completed section, I'll see that sale, and I'm gonna get sad everytime, I wouldn't care as much if it was a couple mill but 17 mill down the drain?! Fuck man...

And yes, it is a VIDEO GAME, but it's a VG that I put my time into, so I can be sad about something like this lol.

I just hope I hit big again soon, then I won't give a shit, but knowing D3, HA! That'll never happen again, I got very lucky with that Nat Ring, never gonna get an item like that again...

V_Arnold

Only reason I bought it for 17 mill was to flip it, didnt really wanna use it, got too greedy and BAM, this stupid shit happens, I blame the game and myself for this stupid bullshit.

Lmao at 3 inventory worth or rares and nothing good, D3 IS THE BEST GAME OUT THERE.

It really was just your fault, though. If you are flipping 10+ millions, it does not hurt to check those numbers. Not hard: number of millions you wanna have + 6 zeros. xyz000000.

And I wont even start ranting on flippers.

Sigmaah

If my Blackthorn breeches sale goes through I will hook you with a million g. Its not 17 mill but its something.

<3

Love playing with you dude, we have mad fun! (well, at least I do haha) you don't need to give me squat, I'll get over it soon enough, let's just keep farming and keep making great deals off of trade chat haha.

It really was just your fault, though. If you are flipping 10+ millions, it does not hurt to check those numbers. Not hard: number of millions you wanna have + 6 zeros. xyz000000.

And I wont even start ranting on flippers.
I know it's my fault, but shit, having commas when you enter a bid/buyout price won't hurt. Now I've learned my lesson, to always check about my zeros...

Dahbomb

I make most of my cash off of scamming people from the trade chat and then flipping on the ah/rmah. I turned a 30k item into a 3 million item just yesterday.

Honestly sigma you are the only person on my friends list who still plays consistently. The gaf list that I added at launch is so empty these days.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I make most of my cash off of scamming people from the trade chat and then flipping on the ah/rmah. I turned a 30k item into a 3 million item just yesterday.

Honestly sigma you are the only person on my friends list who still plays consistently. The gaf list that I added at launch is so empty these days.

We should probably make a new list of people that still actually play the damn game, lol.

Sigmaah

Lmfao, scamming people Ahahahaha! I wouldn't say scamming, they just don't know their stuff I guess, u got those pants today for 150k, are you kidding me?! And a while back someone sold me an unid'd nats gaze which I made 50 bucks on. I kinda feel bad but heck, I research my shit, if they don't, oh well!

I've noticed that about ppl I've added from gaf too, most of them barely get on. Hopefully some nice update comes out and brings ppl back. I play this game consistently because it's my first real "pc" game, I think the game is fun as hell, especially playing/farming with other people, that's why I'm always on whenever I'm free. Plus, the suspense of getting a really good item is ADDICTING.

We should probably make a new list of people that still actually play the damn game, lol.

Agreed. My BattleTag is Sigma#1440

Whoever still plays this game, ADD ME!

koji

koji#2671, I'm in the EU though and I rarely play co-op (cause I'm usually online/farm at work :lol) but feel free to add. :)

Guess most of you guys are in the US. But my list has also dried up bigtime, we started with 5 or 6 RL friends, they've all gone back to SC2 except one.

Remember a couple months ago when everyone was so eager to play the game, putting your name on the list, could hardly wait for it to release and now we're down to maybe 20 active posters in this topic, shit. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom