• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Does the 'Cull the Weak' passive on DH work against enemies that are snared? For instance when using a bow/xbow with cold damage?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Just got these...looks like they are going to net me anywhere from 50-80m on the AH, something like $150+ on the RMAH.

First good item ever!

Screenshot003.jpg

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Yeah works off the scoundrel cold arrow too.

Perfect! Thanks.

Seems like an easy 15% added dge if you have a cold weapon, any reason not to use that passive? With caltrops and marked for death that's almost 70% increased dge. Unless of course I am reading it wrong

Formosa

I haven't played Diablo 3 in close to a month. I received this E-mail today from Blizzard.

fuck you and everything you stand for Blizzard. I've been following all the links that they told me to click. any help you fellas can provide? I'm not even playing the game anymore but I'll be damned if these worthless assholes steal my 60 dollars that I paid for.

That blows...

I haven't played Diablo 3 in close to a month. I received this E-mail today from Blizzard.

fuck you and everything you stand for Blizzard. I've been following all the links that they told me to click. any help you fellas can provide? I'm not even playing the game anymore but I'll be damned if these worthless assholes steal my 60 dollars that I paid for.

Thats kind of how I found out my WoW account that I hadn't used in a year was hacked, got a weird email from blizzard and informed them I hadn't played in a year, proved it was my account (Can't remember what I had to do) and they gave it back to me......and let me keep the time that the idiot had put on my account........added an authenticator after that

I think it was hacked and sold

My last 5 legendaries have been 1h xbows. All dogshit, of course. Picked up a Giant Skull that I immediately assumed was an andariels visage. Should have looked at the items level first. :(

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
That's pretty godly... ya easily 50+ mil there. grats!
Which act did you find it at?

Act 2 VOA farming. Actually was doubling with my friend who's a Wizard in ~275 MF gear but gets one shot and I'm a tanky Monk with a little bit of decent DPS so between us we're getting about 175 MF with full stacks and clearing champion packs like every 5 minutes.

Really really great run. Beats the Act 1 runs for sure, and I never had enough MF to try goblin or Warrior Rest runs.

Going to be farming the shit out of Act 2 VoA now with my friend...he can't clear that place by himself, and with him my MF is more than doubled. The combo actually works....we found a reason to group!

Act 2 VOA farming. Actually was doubling with my friend who's a Wizard in ~275 MF gear but gets one shot and I'm a tanky Monk with a little bit of decent DPS so between us we're getting about 175 MF with full stacks and clearing champion packs like every 5 minutes.

Really really great run. Beats the Act 1 runs for sure, and I never had enough MF to try goblin or Warrior Rest runs.

Going to be farming the shit out of Act 2 VoA now with my friend...he can't clear that place by himself, and with him my MF is more than doubled. The combo actually works....we found a reason to group!
That actually does seem like a good synergy.

I'm now running a full set of Nat's armor and it's simply amazing. I removed the Preparation skill as I never need it, replaced it with the caltrops with the damage rune and it's dramatically improved the time it takes me to do a VoA run. I was pretty fast before at about 25 - 30 minutes, but now it's blazing fast at just over 20 minutes for around 12 - 15 champ packs.

I've tried repeatedly to get into Act 3, but no matter what I just can't get that same flow or speed that I have with Act 2.

Two more legendaries just popped for me. One last night before I went to bed and one this morning before I'm taking the car in for an oil change. One was a set piece too. Both were shit however. I don't get excited with orange anymore. But green still gets me pumped for some reason. It's just too rare NOT to get pumped. 2 of the 4 set pieces I've got were complete trash. The others only worth a mil or two.

Both in VoA with 220 MF after NV.

Two more brimstones :/

Dahbomb

Yeah there was a guy here who had a melee dh, if the dps on that was higher plus some loh and/or socket it would be a great weapon for him.

Natiko

Banned
That was bizarre. Went to resume my game and it loaded up what appeared to be a deathmatch screen and then the game hard froze. It was like a different game fused into my Diablo.

V_Arnold

Blizz Blue Posts said:
"Blizzard is this some kind of a joke to you ? You are so professional ! Oh my god! You said “soon” and then get paid for “moderating”! Awesome!

No joke was intended, at least not in the sense you may think.

We often get asked about ETAs and dates of patches, and almost just as often we cannot give an answer because a date has yet to be set.
When we say “Soon™” it is because we are not entirely sure when the patch will actually be ready.
When we say “Soon™” it is because we prefer not to promise a date, which will then cause a lot of anger and frustration if we miss it.
When we say “Soon™” it is because we do not want to create false hopes and raise expectations we may not be able to meet.
When we say “Soon™” it is because Blizzard as a company is known to be using the word “soon” rather often, hence the play on the ”™”.

Until such a time when we are absolutely sure that the patch will be ready, only then will we provide an ETA or date.

Anyway I can understand most of the points. I assume there is also a certain level of secrecy at blizzard to prevent leaks, that will cause just the problems you have mentioned.

Sure, that goes for secrecy as well. People tend to get angry or frustrated if they are disappointed by announced content not being released on time (or not at all), so we tend to avoid promising things if we are not sure they will be ready and/or working asintended.

just give us some path notes or headsup for whats going to change and instead of w8ting its wil be soon

The changes planned for the upcoming patch are not fully set in stone yet, so it is very possible that there will be several changes until such a time when a date for the patch has been set and the patch notes can be finalised.

If we were to post patch notes now, and if it then turns out that some of the things in those notes doesn’t make it for the patch anyway, then people will get disappointed and frustrated and they’re gonna have a bad time.

I totally understand that the whole “soon” thing is frustrating, but it is not nearly as frustrating as when something you were expecting gets delayed, removed or changed to something completely different.

This last bit of info makes me think this patch is not coming next week, or the one after. Or the one after. Which is a bit sad, but at least I do hope that they will make sure it is a big patch. Maybe someone from the PR department figured it out that if they sum 4-5 major changes into a big patch instead of spreading it out, then more people will feel strongly inclined to start trading again. I do not know :(

eek5

This last bit of info makes me think this patch is not coming next week, or the one after. Or the one after. Which is a bit sad, but at least I do hope that they will make sure it is a big patch. Maybe someone from the PR department figured it out that if they sum 4-5 major changes into a big patch instead of spreading it out, then more people will feel strongly inclined to start trading again. I do not know :(

The fact that they're still having discussions about what they want to try to include into 1.0.4 makes me think it's at least a month out.

I'm levelling a barb, dual wield, 2 hander or offhand shield?

For normal and nightmare, dual wield. Combat is crazy fun like that, it looks really cool and you will fly through the first 2 difficulties no matter what you do. And you should socket for pure damage and use a completely offensive build. Hell is where you will need to start looking into defensive stats and abilities, but before that you should have as much fun as possible with the class.

Whirlwind Barb is so fun. I have a DH that can farm act 3 comfortably, but I've been using my mediocre WW barb to roflstomp act 2 lately. Any Barbs with tornado builds currently farming act 3 comfortably? I can progress through act 3, if that's what all I wanna do, but it's not yet farm status for me yet.

neoism

lol had my best night ever with this game... got my first green at 150 hours of play time lol it was an immortal kings detail with
+80 strength
55 all res
47 arc res
2% crit with ravage what say you gaf.....

also got the best sword to ever drop for me. lol I almost shit my pants for a minute because it I thought it said 1724 life on hit for a second but ...:/ still awesome sword fo meh monk
ijp6qknvSqPfb.jpg

Dahbomb

Wait a minute... Act 1 doesn't drop ilvl63 anymore?

I call shenanigans... but then I read this:

To account for the narrowing of level ranges and item budgets—and thus item quality— you should expect the quantity of Rare drops you receive to be considerably lower.

tomasdk

Did you check if your account is really closed? In my experience, any email from Blizzard that doesn't start with with "Hello <your name>" or something similar (but the name is always there) is not legit.

Did you check if your account is really closed? In my experience, any email from Blizzard that doesn't start with with "Hello <your name>" or something similar (but the name is always there) is not legit.

exactly what I was about to post, there are tons of phishing scams/emails that claim to be from blizzard with almost an exact matching website that force you to click a million things, confirm that it is truly from blizzard first by calling support.

Geeker

Finally dinged lvl 60 with my wizard, the last one to unlock inferno!

I now have all classes at lvl 60 and sort of ready to continue in inferno with one of them and hopefully the farming will be less tedious as I can distribute gear to all of the characters.

What class should I press on with? WW barbarian looks like the strongest, and I have about 3 million gold I can use to pimp him out a bit.

You played them all. That's a luxury really in that u can play the one you enjoy the most. At this point in time, I think that should matter more than what's the most effective.

Xanathus

Finally dinged lvl 60 with my wizard, the last one to unlock inferno!

I now have all classes at lvl 60 and sort of ready to continue in inferno with one of them and hopefully the farming will be less tedious as I can distribute gear to all of the characters.

What class should I press on with? WW barbarian looks like the strongest, and I have about 3 million gold I can use to pimp him out a bit.

3 million is waaaaay not enough to gear up a WW barb assuming you don't already have crit gear. Wizard is the cheapest to gear up.

woober

jg6XLbNZ6wx5U.png

Price check? Seems there's no similar stat weapon with this high a DPS. I filtered conservatively with 100 Dex, 200 Vit, 50 Crit Damage and got 1065 max dps on the auction house (15mil bid/20mil buyout with no one bidding). And then when I filter 150 dex/ 250 vit, the AH has 935dps max. How would you price this?

Zzoram

jg6XLbNZ6wx5U.png

Price check? Seems there's no similar stat weapon with this high a DPS. I filtered conservatively with 100 Dex, 200 Vit, 50 Crit Damage and got 1065 max dps on the auction house (15mil bid/20mil buyout with no one bidding). And then when I filter 150 dex/ 250 vit, the AH has 935dps max. How would you price this?

Maybe opening bid at $25?

I sold a 2h crossbow 1163 dmg with no other stats for $12 or so about 1 month after launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom