• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Witch doctors here that use tank or semi-tank build?

How much res all and armor did you have to finishact 2/act 3 inferno ?

I started to have problems in a2 with 600 res all / 4k armor.

I can get cheaply to about 750 res all without shield.

koji

Any Witch doctors here that use tank or semi-tank build?

How much res all and armor did you have to finishact 2/act 3 inferno ?

I started to have problems in a2 with 600 res all / 4k armor.

I can get cheaply to about 750 res all without shield.

I'm in act2 with these stats and do pretty good, it's more a LOH "build" with some critdmg/critchance. Can't do act3 with those resists. (and no money to upgrade atm) Also with the 15% armor enchantress buff.

Screenshot009.jpg

Dahbomb

Did it with PayPal so my total earnings was 41.65 I believe, it's just sitting in my PayPal account lol.
Then use that to buy what you were gonna buy in the first place with the 20 million. Think of the 20 million as that much less earned from the original flip.

Thanks man!

Also, I'M DONE WITH THIS GAME, PUT MY NAT BOOTS FOR 21 MILL on BUYOUT, it sold within a minute, I was like woah, NICE! I look and IT SOLD FOR 2 MILL... THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT, I SWEAR I SAW 21 MILL BUYOUT, AHHHH FUCK MY LIFE MAN, BIGGEST LOSS EVER, I'M SO FUCKING MAD, FUCK THIS GAME FOR NOT HAVING COMMAS ON GOLD WHEN YOU ENTER A BID/BUYOUT PRICE, FUCK THIS SHIT.

SO FUCKING PISSED RIGHT NOW, THERE GOES 17 MILL DOWN THE DRAIN, AHHH FUCK THIS GAME.

WHOEVER BOUGHT THAT SHIT MUST BE HAPPY AS HELL... FUCK MAN, SO UPSET RIGHT NOW...

Oh man that sucks. That is like a reverse flip.

Shit happens :/

Sigmaah

Then use that to buy what you were gonna buy in the first place with the 20 million. Think of the 20 million as that much less earned from the original flip.

You got a point there, now I gotta be extra careful on what I'm gonna buy, I was just gonna get the 20 mill to just keep lol, didn't really know what I was gonna do with it, was saving that thought for when the boots sold. I'll need some help on what to buy! Gotta make it count!!! Maybe an awesome 2h bow?

Oh man that sucks. That is like a reverse flip.

Shit happens :/

It sure does, gonna make sure that NEVER happens again lol.

Thanks i have about 27k life right now so this would be major diffrence here.

Guess it's time to hunt for items with bit more vitality and life %

koji

Thanks i have about 27k life right now so this would be major diffrence here.

Guess it's time to hunt for items with bit more vitality and life %

Yeah, I sacrificed a lot of resists and replaced it with a large(r) healthpool, it works (for a2 atleast) with 800+ LOH.

The resists and armor there are the minimum though, if I go lower I get in trouble.

Chest with 150vit/150int 9or10% +life isn't that expensive. (Not so expensive as 150vit/int and 60+ AR anyway...)

+ %life gear isn't that expensive in general atm, as long as you leave all resists out of it :)

you can get it on Shoulders, Belt, Shield/Offhand and Chest. I've also put a Star Ruby Amethyst in my helmet for + %life.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Thanks man!

Also, I'M DONE WITH THIS GAME, PUT MY NAT BOOTS FOR 21 MILL on BUYOUT, it sold within a minute, I was like woah, NICE! I look and IT SOLD FOR 2 MILL... THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT, I SWEAR I SAW 21 MILL BUYOUT, AHHHH FUCK MY LIFE MAN, BIGGEST LOSS EVER, I'M SO FUCKING MAD, FUCK THIS GAME FOR NOT HAVING COMMAS ON GOLD WHEN YOU ENTER A BID/BUYOUT PRICE, FUCK THIS SHIT.

SO FUCKING PISSED RIGHT NOW, THERE GOES 17 MILL DOWN THE DRAIN, AHHH FUCK THIS GAME.

WHOEVER BOUGHT THAT SHIT MUST BE HAPPY AS HELL... FUCK MAN, SO UPSET RIGHT NOW...
I must ask, why would you bother flipping something you bought for 17 million, for 21 million? With the 15% fee that's a minuscule gain..

zulux21

It sure does, gonna make sure that NEVER happens again lol.

you think so... but even if you try to avoid it... it might happen again.

a few weeks ago I accidentally equipped an item I identified, it happened to be a 2 handed weapon and knocked my bow and quiver out. I didn't notice until after I quickly sold my inventory and switched to a friends game lol.... net loss about 10mil in equipment

Last night I loaded up with some old gear to give to a friend's friend. I put it in my inventory, they were farming act 1, needed help, and I joined them and forgot I had the gear. I got a full inventory of junk and sold... not remembering I had the gear until after I sold, and of course I sold in a way where the gear I wanted to give him was first so it wasn't available for buyback lol. Net loss this time was only around 4mil in gear though (and mostly just in the weapon as I just replaced my weapon recently... though not to one that is good as the one I lost a few weeks ago yet)

TL;DR you can try to not make a similar stupid mistake again, but it happens. You just have to laugh it off and remember if you aren't frustrated about it, it can be a funny story :p

Sigmaah

I must ask, why would you bother flipping something you bought for 17 million, for 21 million? With the 15% fee that's a minuscule gain..

I thought it could've gone for more when I first got it, turns out it didn't go that much farther, so I'd still make a profit, even though it wasn't a big one. I shouldn't have been greedy lol.

you think so... but even if you try to avoid it... it might happen again.

a few weeks ago I accidentally equipped an item I identified, it happened to be a 2 handed weapon and knocked my bow and quiver out. I didn't notice until after I quickly sold my inventory and switched to a friends game lol.... net loss about 10mil in equipment

Last night I loaded up with some old gear to give to a friend's friend. I put it in my inventory, they were farming act 1, needed help, and I joined them and forgot I had the gear. I got a full inventory of junk and sold... not remembering I had the gear until after I sold, and of course I sold in a way where the gear I wanted to give him was first so it wasn't available for buyback lol. Net loss this time was only around 4mil in gear though (and mostly just in the weapon as I just replaced my weapon recently... though not to one that is good as the one I lost a few weeks ago yet)

TL;DR you can try to not make a similar stupid mistake again, but it happens. You just have to laugh it off and remember if you aren't frustrated about it, it can be a funny story :p

That sucks man, but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who's been in that situation haha. This will definitely be a funny story later down the road. I'm already feeling better about it :>

koji

You actually can load up the last quest to kill Belial. There's a few spots you can go to to build up your stacks:
Sewers
Black Canyon Mines(immediate area around there)
Road to Alcarnus - Immediate area for a potential goblin and then the first level on the way to Magdha. No champs on second area so don't bother
Ancient Path just for the potential goblin

Then find the Vault in Desolate Sands which can be a bit of a pain, but once you find it and finish it, the next time you start the game you'll be inside it. Use the portal to mark it on the
map and then go back to town and repeat the cycle but only use waypoints because that way you can take that portal back to the Vault saving more time. It's a great run.

Thanks again for this, been using this route the last couple of runs and it's fun. A lot more fun than doing the ZK archives + ZK -> VoA in my opinion. Archives are a PITA.

Thanks again for this, been using this route the last couple of runs and it's fun. A lot more fun than doing the ZK archives + ZK -> VoA in my opinion. Archives are a PITA.
Sure thing and I agree about the ZK archives. I find them to be annoying just because they aren't a linear path so it makes it more tedious to clear. With the exception of the Sewers where you will have to explore a little, everything else is just a circle of the area, so easy.

koji

Sure thing and I agree about the ZK archives. I find them to be annoying just because they aren't a linear path so it makes it more tedious to clear. With the exception of the Sewers where you will have to explore a little, everything else is just a circle of the area, so easy.

Yeah it's all more compact and "streamlined" :)

Speaking about screw ups i wanted to sell nice shield thinking it would be 1 or 2 millions but since i didn't have a clue how much it's worth i put it for 500k bid only but didn't notice i also tabbed which copied bid to buyout.

Sold in 1 minute for 500k

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
a few weeks ago I accidentally equipped an item I identified, it happened to be a 2 handed weapon and knocked my bow and quiver out. I didn't notice until after I quickly sold my inventory and switched to a friends game lol.

I've done that before :(

Iknowthatfeelbro.jpg

scosher

Sent some friend invites, since my friends list has been barren since launch as well. Although I'm pretty sure I won't be playing this game once GW2 comes out.

Feel free to add me as well, Cebo#1447 (NA)

Celegus

I still can't believe how fast this crashed and burned. People waiting years and years and getting so pumped for it, then a couple months in and it feels barren. A good chunk of my friendlist hasn't even logged in for a month.

Vossler

IGN is Vossler, been looking to join some groups that are pushing through act 3/4. I've gotten to the very end of act 2 on inferno with public groups. I'm a DH with about 30k hp and 63K dps, non SS. Hit me up if anybody wants to farm/continue on!

My bad, forgot about the numbers....Vossler#1343

eek5

IGN is Vossler, been looking to join some groups that are pushing through act 3/4. I've gotten to the very end of act 2 on inferno with public groups. I'm a DH with about 30k hp and 63K dps, non SS. Hit me up if anybody wants to farm/continue on!

you're missing the second half of your id lol

Might be selling all my gears this weekend. How much should I start the bid and the BO price?
GIGANTIC IMAGE

Thanks~
I can't quite make it all out, perhaps you can make the images bigger? Kidding aside, are you planning to sell it as a complete set or just piece by piece. You've definitely got some nice stuff in there though the best way to go would be to look up prices for each and then come up with a figure based on that.

Formosa

I can't quite make it all out, perhaps you can make the images bigger? Kidding aside, are you planning to sell it as a complete set or just piece by piece. You've definitely got some nice stuff in there though the best way to go would be to look up prices for each and then come up with a figure based on that.

Ya sorry about the size of the image lol. Forgot to downsize it. Anyways, I am looking to sell the whole set, maybe roll a new class or stop playing for sometime, can't decide yet lol. Still... Any idea how much the whole set will sell for? 100-200? 200-300? I just want to know the approx range. Note: I tried looking it up on the AH, seems like some gears that I have are worth something. But not sure if people will pay that much, and also maybe I should sell the set as discount? I don't know. Idea? Thx

We should probably make a new list of people that still actually play the damn game, lol.

I'm down to make a list. I would like to add some GAF'ers to my list. As of now I only have three people and two of them are IRL friends who don't play anymore.

tag: Fenderputty1180

At work for a while right now though.

There is some monster ass gear in there formosa, you could easily make tons of moneys/gold whatever you want.

Hard to say any specifics without looking stuff up

Formosa

There is some monster ass gear in there formosa, you could easily make tons of moneys/gold whatever you want.

Hard to say any specifics without looking stuff up

Thx... ya it kind of hurts my feeling when I say I am going to sell them, but there's still some room for improvements for my gears, but the problem is that any upgrade would cost me lots of gold. :(

Thx... ya it kind of hurts my feeling when I say I am going to sell them, but there's still some room for improvements for my gears, but the problem is that any upgrade would cost me lots of gold. :(
no shame in it. I completely cashed out once already and plan to do it again soon. By cash out I mean I sold all my gear and all my gold in the RMAH for lots of money, then started a new character or whatever clean.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Ya sorry about the size of the image lol. Forgot to downsize it. Anyways, I am looking to sell the whole set, maybe roll a new class or stop playing for sometime, can't decide yet lol. Still... Any idea how much the whole set will sell for? 100-200? 200-300? I just want to know the approx range. Note: I tried looking it up on the AH, seems like some gears that I have are worth something. But not sure if people will pay that much, and also maybe I should sell the set as discount? I don't know. Idea? Thx

You got a lotta valuable shit in there. Your jewelry is pretty good, for one. I didn't really look at the other items.

I just played with vossler for a quick second. I definitely think playing solo for the entire time will actually extend the games life. Playing with someone is a totally new and fun thing for me.

I don't even care about mf or any of that bs. I just want something to add a little variety and I think this is it.

Definity

Decided to go ahead and finish up inferno diablo before I take a break from the game. I managed to get two ilv60 trash items from diablo with a 5 stack....sigh.

Decided to go ahead and finish up inferno diablo before I take a break from the game. I managed to get two ilv60 trash items from diablo with a 5 stack....sigh.
I played diablo once and messed up and ran into one of his traps that grab you. I haven't tried to beat him since. I don't want the game to feel like its over.

I haven't played Diablo 3 in close to a month. I received this E-mail today from Blizzard.

Greetings,

* * * NOTICE OF ACCOUNT CLOSURE * * *

A user of this account has recently been involved in actions deemed inappropriate for Diablo III by the In-Game Support staff of Blizzard Entertainment. This decision was made after a thorough investigation of the situation as a whole. Though we are unable to discuss the outcomes of our investigations due to privacy concerns, rest assured that this incident has been looked into very thoroughly, and the appropriate actions have been taken on all involved accounts.

Account Action: Account Closure
Offense: Unapproved Third Party Software
A third party program is any file or program that is used in addition to the game to gain an unfair advantage. These programs may increase movement speed or teleport heroes from one place to another beyond what is allowed by game design. It also includes any programs that obtain information from the game that is not normally available to the regular player or that transmit or modify any of the game files.

Cheat Programs ("Hacks")
We take action against accounts using hacks when a hero on the account is identified using a hack program. Hacks provide benefits normally not achievable in the game. Such benefits may include: increased speed, teleportation, or running through walls.

Automation Programs ("Bots")
We take action against accounts using automation programs or bots when one or more heroes on the account are identified using a bot to achieve automation.

This Diablo III account has been closed by our staff based on a review of the account and all related policy violations, in accordance with the Terms of Use and our In-Game Policies (http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/300722). Note that any open bids or auctions at the time of the account’s closure have been cancelled. Your open bids will be refunded to your original method of payment. Please allow 5-10 days for processing depending on the availability of your financial institution. Any bids or auctions completed prior to the account’s closure will neither be refunded nor reversed.

Moving forward, this Diablo III account and any Heroes or items associated with the account are no longer accessible. The only way to continue playing Diablo III is to purchase a new license, or to attempt to recover access by appealing account closure. While closure overturns are very unlikely, we advise that customers pursuing an appeal hold off on purchasing a new Diablo III license until the appeal process has completed. If you add a new Diablo III license, a new account will overwrite your old, without any prior Heroes or items from the closed account.

Any disputes or questions concerning this account action can only be addressed by Account Administration. To learn more about how Account Administration is able to assist you, and how to contact them via online ticket, please visit us at http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/300515. We will be unable to investigate account actions over the phone - an online ticket is the only way to contact Account Administration.

We understand that these policies may seem harsh, but they are in place to ensure that every player is able to fully enjoy their time spent on Battle.net. Thank you in advance for respecting our position.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment

fuck you and everything you stand for Blizzard. I've been following all the links that they told me to click. any help you fellas can provide? I'm not even playing the game anymore but I'll be damned if these worthless assholes steal my 60 dollars that I paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom