• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenaras

You killed Belial with 31k dps? You must be playing a class that can survive multiple strikes from invisible naga.

My demon hunter cleared all of act 2 using nothing but drops I found - I never set foot in the auction house. Non-sharpshooter DPS was under 30k. My monk cleared act 2 while spending under 500k, and none of that was spent on any ilvl 63 loot.* My friend's witch doctor killed Belial with around 30k DPS.

Also, there's no invisible naga during the Belial fight.

*It's easy to recognize ilvl 63 loot if you know the base item types, and I purposefully avoided buying any items above ilvl 62 because it felt like cheating.

rCIZZLE

The difficulty goes up in a massive spike. It shouldn't be a massive spike. It should be a constant line leading to the same end. If I can walk around like a zombie in act I and slaughter the butcher, I should be able to at least start act II. Maybe I won't be able to just get to the Oasis, but if I can handle the begining of the act, then I can farm there and start to progress myself. The goal should be so that the end of the acts are just as tough as what they currently have set up, with the spike at the begingings flattened out.

They should have buffed the difficulty of Act 1.

Artanisix

Giveaway #2 (North American servers only!)

No tricks, no smoke, no mirrors. These are some decent weapons for fresh 60's, or Act 1 Inferno 60's that I'm donating because I have no use for them, and I'm sure gaffers would make better use of it than letting it rot in my stash. All of these items dropped from Act 3 Inferno+. :p

1liTA.png

You can choose one item, and after time has expired, I will roll for each item. Meaning six people are getting new items! The more people who want a weapon, the less chance you'll have less of getting it.

All you need to do is PM your GAF name and battletag and the item you want and you'll be entered.

All winners will get a free Exalted Pallium Shoulders recipe, free of charge, courtesy of Artanisix

The raffle will end 5PM Mountain Time on June 15th (Friday).

quoting for ultimoo

make sure you private message ULTIMOO, not me

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I thought 5 stacks guarantees at least two rares from bosses.

They should have buffed the difficulty of Act 1.

Even with a slightly buffed act I ending, there would still be a massive spike at the start of act 2.

Maybe they need to buff end of act I and slightly nerf the begining of act II. I don't know. That's up to them.

Their goal should be a more linear progression. I have no issues with the overall difficulty ... just the spikes. The spikes really shine a bright light on any issues people have with their loots tables too.

Conceptor

Question: I don't think anybody has ever bid on my item so I'm not sure. If someone bids on your item, does the buyout go away? Or does the bid have to go higher than the buyout before that happens?
If the bid is below the buyout, the buyout remains. As soon as the bid approaches the buyout, you may see someone "buyout", but the bid itself can't go past that, unless you haven't listed a buyout. If that all makes sense, LOL

balddemon

Banned
man monk is pretty fun. granted im only on normal but it's still really fun.

this is my build. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aiTjfQ!dY!aaaaZ

i don't even have to try lol.

what mantra do you guys use? i like the regen i get from MoH but i also like the dodge i get from MoE. plus i just unlocked a rune for MoR that reflects 60% dmg. and the last mantra you unlock looks cool to. 12% extra damage is nothing to sneeze at.

also do you monks stack attack speed? i have a legendary 2h daibo that gives me more damage, but i like dual wielding my daggers cuz then i get up to 2.13 attack speed. it's pretty crazy

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
On to act 3 inferno, my stats/gear are utter crap though

Wtf... how did you get through Act 2... or even Act 1 with those stats? Do Witch Doctors just not get hit or something? I mean... 1600 armor?

Kenaras

Even with a slightly buffed act I ending, there would still be a massive spike at the start of act 2.

Maybe they need to buff end of act I and slightly nerf the begining of act II. I don't know. That's up to them.

Their goal should be a more linear progression. I have no issues with the overall difficulty ... just the spikes. The spikes really shine a bright light on any issues people have with their loots tables too.

It appears that the difficulty is intended to spike after each boss. In other words, farm the skeleton king to gear up for clearing second half of act 1. Farm the jailer/butcher to gear up for the beginning of act 2. Farm Maghda to gear up for the second half of act 2. Farm Kulle/Belial to gear up for act 3. Etc.

The difficulty and class balance are completely screwed up in Inferno, but I saw that coming a mile away. Blizzard stated before release that Inferno was so difficult that their playtesters got crushed in it, and none of them could beat it. Most Gaffers read that and cheered; I read it and immediately saw red flags. How were they supposed to balance a difficulty under those conditions? It's impossible.

moop1167

So if you sell something on battle.bet balance do you get the money right away? I sold something through the paypal option but it looks like it will take a few days for it to post. I wanted to use that and buy something today but I guess I can't. I don't really care about cashing out IRL as I will just keep it in game.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm of the mind that Inferno should just stay as it is, but that's only because I've spent the last week and a few days gradually gearing up and getting good enough to clear Act 2, and now begin working my way through Act 3 on my Barbarian. The feeling of progression is nice. I like the Inferno is ultra-difficult, personally, but I can see why that won't have mass appeal.

But they are also going to make it so rare packs have at least one guaranteed rare drop, right? I'd prefer that. As it is, once I have 5 stacks, I just want to rush to the boss. If packs had a guaranteed rare, I would scour the area and kill all of them before moving on.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What's "two stacks" refer to? Sorry, still learning the lingo.

Once you hit lvl 60, every time you defeat a yellow pack or blue pack of monsters, you get a "stack" of Nephalem Valor, which increases your magic find and gold find by 15%. You can get up to 5 of these.

But they are also going to make it so rare packs have at least one guaranteed rare drop, right? I'd prefer that. As it is, once I have 5 stacks, I just want to rush to the boss. If packs had a guaranteed rare, I would scour the area and kill all of them before moving on.

Yeah they are, which I am also OK with, gives more incentive to play through.

Maybe a sorc TK sniped his rares.

Lol, I wouldn't rule this out!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
To add, the stacks are temporary (lasting only 30 minutes, timer is reset upon defeating another yellow or blue pack), and the stacks go away when you leave a game, change gear, or change skills.

This is what they want and what I"m most excited about as well. If keeping 5 stacks and taking elite packs is worth while, farming the whole of act I becomes more viable. Not just warden to butcher to highland fields for resplendent chests.

Thoraxes

This is what they want and what I"m most excited about as well. If keeping 5 stacks and taking elite packs is worth while, farming the whole of act I becomes more viable. Not just warden to butcher to highland fields for resplendent chests.

When the change goes through, i'll probably 5 NV Jailer to Butcher, then go to the cemetery to do each of the crypts.

Mitama

man monk is pretty fun. granted im only on normal but it's still really fun.

this is my build. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aiTjfQ!dY!aaaaZ

i don't even have to try lol.

what mantra do you guys use? i like the regen i get from MoH but i also like the dodge i get from MoE. plus i just unlocked a rune for MoR that reflects 60% dmg. and the last mantra you unlock looks cool to. 12% extra damage is nothing to sneeze at.

also do you monks stack attack speed? i have a legendary 2h daibo that gives me more damage, but i like dual wielding my daggers cuz then i get up to 2.13 attack speed. it's pretty crazy

Do whatever you think is fun, it won't really matter until you reach inferno. I used Breath of Heaven with dmg, Serenity with extra duration, Seven-Sided Strike, Mantra of Healing, Fists of Thunder and the kick throughout Normal-Hell. Get Blinding Flash in there and you're golden (immune from all damage during the blind, during serenity and during seven sided strike)!

Pungza

Wtf... how did you get through Act 2... or even Act 1 with those stats? Do Witch Doctors just not get hit or something? I mean... 1600 armor?

The constant slows help, and skipped most elite packs in act 2. Had to co-op zoltun and belial, but no way I can do act 3, any range attack 1 hits.

Read his follow up post.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150764997?page=3#49
The AH with out a doubt affects drop rates, because it has to.

Their loot calculations that included the AH as a varible were too strict and limited, which is why loot buffs are coming.

It says as clear as day that the AH does not affect drop rates. Even thinking that it does is crazy and quite frankly a little ridiculous.

What they mean when they said that the loot system was designed with the AH in mind is that they tuned drop rates to fixed numbers during the design stage that caused items to be technically findable, but rare enough that it's often more efficient to simply look for what you need on the AH.

To be fair this game is very much luck based, about 80% I would say. I have been farming act 3 for the past week with 5 stacks and haven't had anything that I didn't vendor aside from one weapon I am using (but only worth about 5$ its a 1350 2 handed blue axe)

150 hours played and I believe 10 out of my 13 pieces have been from the ah because nothing drops for ME that is good. Now is it possible to farm act 1 and get geared for everything else? Yes, if you are a very lucky person, or just not unlucky like me. Then again I am the guy with 5 stacks that gets 0 rares from butcher so yea I am just ranting.

POIDH. 5 stacks gurantees with 100% probability 2-3 rares from every boss kill.

When the change goes through, i'll probably 5 NV Jailer to Butcher, then go to the cemetery to do each of the crypts.

I'll probably just start at the cathedral level 2 and work my way up. Even the spider cave has good elite packs and a garaunteed treasure gobs and the spiders drop good gold. Then it's off to highland fields with caves/treasure gobs/resplendent chests. Then off to the halls of agony.

Right now ... elite packs serve as a way for me to get 5 stacks and hit up bosses / chests. Post patch that changes though. I'll be looking for elite packs as much as bosses. If not more. 1.0.3 incorporates a better loot table too.

It's so frustrating it's not out yet. HAHA.

scy

I'll probably just start at the cathedral level 2 and work my way up. Even the spider cave has good elite packs and a garaunteed treasure gobs and the spiders drop good gold. Then it's off to highland fields with caves/treasure gobs/resplendent chests. Then off to the halls of agony.

Right now ... elite packs serve as a way for me to get 5 stacks and hit up bosses / chests. Post patch that changes though. I'll be looking for elite packs as much as bosses. If not more. 1.0.3 incorporates a better loot table too.

It's so frustrating it's not out yet. HAHA.

I've already been theorizing the best ways to clear things for champ packs per hour. Though, realistically, I'll just sit on Skype/Mumble and farm Act 1 (SK to end) so I can do it without actually paying attention to the game.

damn you are good. (unless you had like 60k life and res) The nagas will one shot you and it will take you 10 minutes to kill them with that dps.

Wizard has a skill that deduces one-hit kills down to just 35% of your max health, presuming that the dmg doesn't exceed your total health (meaning, if you have 10k health and you get hit for 8k, it'll only do 3500. However, if you get hit for 11k, you die).

In short, Belial is a joke as a wizard. You can take a lot of damage from him; as long as you don't take repeated hits quickly, you're fine. Mobs, on the other hand, as a wizzie are rough.

Macattk15

Wizard has a skill that deduces one-hit kills down to just 35% of your max health, presuming that the dmg doesn't exceed your total health (meaning, if you have 10k health and you get hit for 8k, it'll only do 3500. However, if you get hit for 11k, you die).

In short, Belial is a joke as a wizard. You can take a lot of damage. Mobs, on the other hand, as a wizzie are rough.

Belial is a joke as a wizard? On Inferno? Solo?

No way.

Hardest (well most random) fight I had in the game .... including Diablo.

Belial is a joke as a wizard? On Inferno? Solo?

No way.

Hardest (well most random) fight I had in the game .... including Diablo.

The hardest part, for me, was the mob section. His third form is LOL, if you spec correctly.

Also, I find Diablo 3, in general, is much easier solo. The super health boost mobs get with even two players is rough at times.

The question is: Once the drop rate changes go live, at what point of gear will it be more efficient to move to act 2 (or even act 3) for the increased drop rates of high tier items?

Right now I can clear most of Act 3 solo on my barb including 5 stacks. But it takes a while. Maybe, say, an hour to do a full 5 stack siegebreaker with 1 full repair. During that hour I get, on average, 3-5 rares.

I do butcher in 25 minutes with 200% base MF before any NV at all, and I walk out with probably 15 rares.

Even though I'm geared for Act 3, it's more efficient for me to farm Act 1. This too indicates something is broken.

Unfortunately, I have a very strong suspicion that they're going to fix this by a) nerfing the number of champion packs on the way to butcher, and b) nerfing Warden loot tables.

Even though I can do ZK > Belial pretty fast, I still feel like Butcher might be the most efficient in terms of ilvl 63 drops / hour

Dahbomb

Guaranteed rares from Champions and Rares might be enough to kill the need for MF items entirely.
Why not just stack MF gear WITH the 5 stacks of NV? Or are you suggesting that people are going to go with top of the line gear to run through elites/mobs as much as they can and not compromise having MF?

I mean that's what I am doing, running Act 1 Inferno with like 200MF and 5 stacks.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It says as clear as day that the AH does not affect drop rates. Even thinking that it does is crazy and quite frankly a little ridiculous.

What they mean when they said that the loot system was designed with the AH in mind is that they tuned drop rates to fixed numbers during the design stage that caused items to be technically findable, but rare enough that it's often more efficient to simply look for what you need on the AH.

You are reading it wrong. Or maybe there is a semantic issue in this thread. He says that loot isn't affected in real time to that poster, but the AH was a variable in pre-determined drop loot equation/system that is fixing to get buffed. Their calculations including this variable were and are currently shit to the point you are forced to use the AH. Thus the AH must be the dominant variable affecting loot.

Simple.

Edited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom