• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

Repair costs increase will only make the poor poorer really.

Pretty much. Thinking about it, it seems more like a DH nerf than anything else. What other class (other than WD maybe) dies enough to care?

You're right though. People with millions of gold will write it off as opportunity cost, and everyone else will suffer because they're being penalized even further for dying.

sleepykyo

Both.

A2 can drop up to 800-850 dps 1H if you get godly rolls. Getting your dex up higher will help with your defense/dps at the same time though.

edit:
You can have one of these if you want:

bWBF2.png
y3aAW.png
AUOyK.png

Yes ple~ I might as well continue to suffer. Learning experience. I really should have had a mf set to switch into toward the end of each elite pack.

Alex

The repair cost increase seems extremely stupid to me. Demon Hunters die a lot, but so does everyone who is hitting that wall and taking that kind of cash away from struggling melee who need to spend it on gear to scrape by isn't going to exactly aid them.

We'll see just how the balancing of other things works in conjunction with it, I suppose. All I know is that after the last session I just want their blurb about monsters kiting melee less to pan out. STOP RUNNING. Fucking AI guy must be a Resto Druid in WoW.

Pretty much. Thinking about it, it seems more like a DH nerf than anything else. What other class (other than WD maybe) dies enough to care?

You're right though. People with millions of gold will write it off as opportunity cost, and everyone else will suffer because they're being penalized even further for dying.

You forget that enemy dps output and overall health is going down. And that survivability builds will become more viable as dh. if anything, that's a DH BUFF, they are making it so that you don't have to die.

Same with other classes. If the repair costs bother you, go to an earlier act. You'll still get good drops. I personally think the repair cost increase is a great solution to the problem.

The repair cost increase seems extremely stupid to me. Demon Hunters die a lot, but so does everyone who is hitting that wall and taking that kind of cash away from struggling melee who need to spend it on gear to scrape by isn't going to exactly aid them.

We'll see just how the balancing of other things works in conjunction with it, I suppose.

I'm finally making it (slightly) through Act2 Inferno with my Wizard and I'm hardly making a profit with my repair costs. 97ms latency and still dying from miles away from enemies...I'm not looking forward to 30K+ repair costs because of shit hitboxes.

Neki

Giveaway #2 (North American servers only!)

No tricks, no smoke, no mirrors. These are some decent weapons for fresh 60's, or Act 1 Inferno 60's that I'm donating because I have no use for them, and I'm sure gaffers would make better use of it than letting it rot in my stash. All of these items dropped from Act 3 Inferno+. :p

1liTA.png

You can choose one item, and after time has expired, I will roll for each item. Meaning six people are getting new items! The more people who want a weapon, the less chance you'll have less of getting it.

All you need to do is PM your GAF name and battletag and the item you want and you'll be entered.

All winners will get a free Exalted Pallium Shoulders recipe, free of charge, courtesy of Artanisix

The raffle will end 5PM Mountain Time on June 15th (Friday).

Last quote of the day, 1 and a half days left before 6 weapons are given away!

sleepykyo

You forget that enemy dps output and overall health is going down. And that survivability builds will become more viable as dh. if anything, that's a DH BUFF, they are making it so that you don't have to die.

Same with other classes. If the repair costs bother you, go to an earlier act. You'll still get good drops. I personally think the repair cost increase is a great solution to the problem.

How would that work? If a DH could survive the hit, it probably isn't going to phase the melee classes. Seems kind of weird for them to nerf Inferno to that extent when it looks like they wanted it to be the biggest chore to begin with (invulnerable minions, pairing mortar with plague/electricity, 2 - 3 concurrent cc abilities with arcane).

Won

I have 25k hp, I can occasionally survive some hits in act 3, but even with DH with good defense I don't think it's much different. What are melee group members supposed to help me at? Maybe the players that I played with just suck.

With 25k HP you are the problem in the group. Back to Hell with you and get some gear.

RDreamer

Really strange, the other day I was playing the first part of Act 3 Inferno a bit and doing quite well. I was partied with a wizard, and then a barb joined. We almost finished the first quest (well, we did, but my internet cut out when I was about to hit the damned torch). I was surviving and tanking quite well. Now I go to Act 3 and just bite it as quickly as I can think. I haven't changed a single thing, so I'm really confused.

Seems like the things that are doing it are the ranged shaman type dudes that throw fireballs. Not sure how that stuff is just raping me, though, since I have over 900 resists. I'm really kind of stumped as to where to go now with my gear. I'm not sure where I can improve except upping a bit of dex or vit here or there, or completely dumping any semblance of dps I have left.

Totakeke

With 25k HP you are the problem in the group. Back to Hell with you and get some gear.

That's probably the most idiotic comeback you could have made. If you were going to question my defence, why didn't you ask my resist all and armor stats?

Either way that wasn't the point. A melee in general contributes few to nothing for demon hunters. I help kill their mobs a few times faster than they can themselves, otherwise why do they want to keep joining my games? Because I don't contribute anything? Don't make me laugh.

I just got a blue 792 dps .95 attacks per second polearm. What do you think it would sell for on the gold ah and would it even sell on the rmah?

Boss Man

So in 10 years I'll be able to make a living playing video games. GAF will become a wealthy gentleman's club.

GAF -> Money -> GAF
Believe

vaelic

Banned
Hey guys, how much of the rare and legendary drops you think we haven't seen yet? I.E dropped? It would be interesting to see blizzard metrics on dropped loot

I just got a blue 792 dps .95 attacks per second polearm. What do you think it would sell for on the gold ah and would it even sell on the rmah?

Kinda crap. The low number of attacks per second for polearms makes them suck compared to other weapon types. DPS isn't that high either. I don't know what I'd price that at.

So in 10 years I'll be able to make a living playing video games. GAF will become a wealthy gentleman's club.

GAF -> Money -> GAF
Believe

GAF Gold, pls.

red731

Hey guys, how much of the rare and legendary drops you think we haven't seen yet? I.E dropped? It would be interesting to see blizzard metrics on dropped loot

I know this isn't answer to your question but I only found one legendary on my 60lvl monk.
I then created WD which isnow lvl41 and no luck with him too.

2chars - lvl60+41 = 1 legend, 0 set

I know this isn't answer to your question but I only found one legendary on my 60lvl monk.
I then created WD which isnow lvl41 and no luck with him too.

2chars - lvl60+41 = 1 legend, 0 set

I've got 2 level 60s, 2 level 50ish, and a level 20. I've found 2 legendaries, both on the same day, when I was like level 26 with one of my dudes. They both sucked, and were low level crap.

Zero set items.

red731

I've got 2 level 60s, 2 level 50ish, and a level 20. I've found 2 legendaries, both on the same day, when I was like level 26 with one of my dudes. They both sucked, and were low level crap.

Zero set items.

There is something strange going on..
Who we gonna call?

thespot84

My armor went from 2K to 5.5K. My resists are all around 600 now. And still I feel absolutely no difference.

i get this too. I can finally roll butcher runs but still get OWNED in act II, with 31K hp, 25K dps (30K in bursts), 500 resists to all, and 6000 armor on my monk. I can't do a think to any elite mobs at the beginning of act II, and just normal mobs require me to pop all my cooldowns. Such a terrible leveling progression.

Shouta

Hurray, got myself a 1177 DPS crossbow in Act 3. It's a blue one with only damage but eh, I can use it on my DH until i get something better. It's strange though, it's the second 1000 DPS+ DH I've gotten this week.

Nice thing is my Monk gear works on my DH too, 2000 IS too sexy.

GJS

i get this too. I can finally roll butcher runs but still get OWNED in act II, with 31K hp, 25K dps (30K in burts), 500 resists to all, and 6000 armor on my monk. I can't do a think to any elite mobs at the beginning of act II, and just normal mobs require me to pop all my cooldowns. Such a terrible leveling progression.

Do you have a source of constant health? You need something like LoH. I started soloing act 2 and hunting elites with lower resists and 6k buffed armour. It also helps to stack dps buffs and get dps close to 50k whenever the skill is available.

thespot84

Do you have a source of constant health? You need something like LoH. I started soloing act 2 and hunting elites with lower resists and 6k buffed armour. It also helps to stack dps buffs and get dps close to 50k whenever the skill is available.

I have two 800 dps one handers each with 100+ dex, unbuffed I i'm 25k dps, with breath of light I'm at 28k, and then when i blind I'm at 31k.

LoH weaps are obviously crazy expensive. anything over 800 dps is crazy expensive. nothing will ever drop off the butcher that will get me there, so what option is there besides 100's of butcher runs? (i might kill myself if i have to do more). How'd you get there?

Junie12

I'm finally at the point were I can farm gold in Act 1 Inferno quite easily, but it is so much slower than farming Act 1 Hell cause of the fucking mob combinations. Some combinations are so ridiculous it takes me more than 5 minutes to kill and with the repair costs taking away from my profits it's just not worth dealing with them >_<

I'm thinking of farming Act 4 Hell for gold since the Act is so short and my gold find gear is decent enough to speed through it.

Shouta

i get this too. I can finally roll butcher runs but still get OWNED in act II, with 31K hp, 25K dps (30K in bursts), 500 resists to all, and 6000 armor on my monk. I can't do a think to any elite mobs at the beginning of act II, and just normal mobs require me to pop all my cooldowns. Such a terrible leveling progression.

LoH or LpSS or some combination of both is what you need. Additionally, focus on evasion more than straight taking the damage if you have sufficient dex.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm actually getting the farthest I've gotten in Act 2 now. A good quarter of the way through. I almost wish servers weren't shutting down. Don't want to lose this groove. Patience and luck are guiding me.

I hate how much I love this game that I hate.

thespot84

Use doorways & corners. The environment is one of the best ways to avoid taking damage for Monk. Deadly Reach + doorways + Earth Ally is amazing.

I'll mess around with it. Deadly reach never felt as good but the range is nice.

Also I just had a weap sell for 1.5m gold and battle.net goes down immediately afterwards. what a tease.

GJS

I have two 800 dps one handers each with 100+ dex, unbuffed I i'm 25k dps, with breath of light I'm at 28k, and then when i blind I'm at 31k.

LoH weaps are obviously crazy expensive. anything over 800 dps is crazy expensive. nothing will ever drop off the butcher that will get me there, so what option is there besides 100's of butcher runs? (i might kill myself if i have to do more). How'd you get there?

I have two 700 dps weapons, one is a LoH weapon and one is socketed and I put a star amethyst in it. All I did to get them was carry on playing act 1 over and over, but obviously it all depends on getting a good AH deal, you just have to keep checking between playing.

The majority of the weapons on there do not sell now as they are overpriced and bidding starts too high. It might help to check d2jsp and the official trading forum.

I paid something like 700k for the socketed 700 dps wep, and I don't think I spent much more then a million on my 500 LoH weapon. I certainly won't be upgrading my weps to 800+ dps anytime soon as they are at prices where they are not selling, as the people who need them don't have that much gold yet.

Dps wise I am at 22k unbuffed, 25k with deadly reach buff, 29k with breath of heaven, and 48k with blinding flash. Before I started lowering my dex a little to stack more resist this was at 51k.

I have been trying to sell rares forays legendaries with little luck for days.

I played (lol) a little of act 2 on a public match to try my luck. I got a i63 blue with 2 stats sex and vit for a cool mil without blizzard tax. ......

Can someone explain to me how this works.

And if someone has a +1k fist weapon to sell please let me know I'm in dire need of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom