• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

Oh wow that looks fun. Haven't watched the gear video yet, but if its cheap I might have to give it a whirl. Thanks for the informative post on the matter!

The key stats are:
42% crit
291% crit dmg
1922 LoH (from 2 weapons + amulet + ring - super cheap he has low dps weapons with high LoH, blue amulet, and bul-kathos wedding band which is one of the cheapest legendaries I've seen)
400 resis

Everything should be relatively cheap though and if you have good pieces already it'll be even cheaper to piece together. The biggest thing is crit% imo. You start at 5% and then get another 15% from passives (using axe/mace + the 5/50 passive) which puts you at 20%. You basically have to get at least 20% more from gear (gloves, amulet, rings, bracers, helm) which can be either cheap or expensive depending on how you go about it.

Ponies isn't really worth it if you can do Act 3 comfortably. The mobs there take much more time to take down to be as efficient as Act 3. If you can't do Act 3 though, ponies are okay. It also might be my imagination but the rares there seem like like higher quality than act 3... but it's less likely that you'll get one.

I like it because there are no ranged mobs. Everything seems to die pretty quick, but i don't farm it on my own and our group has gotten pretty good at clearing everything. The only stuff that takes a while is the elites, which are trivial when they're ponies. We just skip the bad flower/bear packs by parking them in empty areas though...mostly just doing it to clear it out and then open all the clouds with 5 stacks + mf gear on. doing it with total of 306mf gets me a lot of stuff

I haven't even gotten to act 3 on inferno yet though, we've basically just been doing pony runs for days now. I was in act 2 when we started.

The key stats are:
42% crit
291% crit dmg
1922 LoH (from 2 weapons + amulet + ring - super cheap he has low dps weapons with high LoH, blue amulet, and bul-kathos wedding band which is one of the cheapest legendaries I've seen)
400 resis

Everything should be relatively cheap though and if you have good pieces already it'll be even cheaper to piece together. The biggest thing is crit% imo. You start at 5% and then get another 15% from passives (using axe/mace + the 5/50 passive) which puts you at 20%. You basically have to get at least 20% more from gear (gloves, amulet, rings, bracers, helm) which can be either cheap or expensive depending on how you go about it.

Yeah just watched the link for his gear and it blew my mind. My barbs current gear cost well over 30 million to put together. His appears to be drastically cheaper and looks way more fun to play. Definitely going to mess around with it and start picking up some pieces.

Le-mo

Gaf, is this quiver any good? Everything looks good to me except for the intel and no dex/vita. How much can it go for in RMAH/Gold?

TNnCh.jpg

rCIZZLE

AH just came back up on NA and I finally got my money cleared for my paypal. Sucks the only items I sold were right when the RMAH went up so chances of me selling anything else are pretty slim unless they're gg.

eek5

whatthefuckman.jpg

I hope this is the spikiness they were talking about fixing (this is one attack that hits me twice). 10.9k armor 940 phys resist, 20% melee reduction.. yeah ok I'll just remake.

jersoc

i don't suppose anyone could help me with beliel quick? can't beat him on inferno been trying for an hour now.

finally got a god group, beat him

Voidguts

so uh.. is anyone getting less gold since the server went back up? I was farming for an hour or so before it went down (Act 1 Inf.) and I'd routinely get between 300-1600g piles (Dank Cellar/Well/mobs around it) and now I'm seeing ............16g-350g piles mostly.... which is really sad considering I'm at 218% GF without NV stacks.

LordCanti

AH just came back up on NA and I finally got my money cleared for my paypal. Sucks the only items I sold were right when the RMAH went up so chances of me selling anything else are pretty slim unless they're gg.

This is pretty much how I feel. Once I sell off the rest of my stuff, I'm probably done until the expansion.

Radec

so uh.. is anyone getting less gold since the server went back up? I was farming for an hour or so before it went down (Act 1 Inf.) and I'd routinely get between 300-1600g piles (Dank Cellar/Well/mobs around it) and now I'm seeing ............16g-350g piles mostly.... which is really sad considering I'm at 218% GF without NV stacks.

Ninja gold nerf?

I hope not.

How much is + experience per kill gear worth it for alts? It's very cheap so I bought some for my level 28 WD, but it seems like a pretty small bonus to leveling speed.

How much is + experience per kill gear worth it for alts? It's very cheap so I bought some for my level 28 WD, but it seems like a pretty small bonus to leveling speed.

It's actually a pretty decent bonus. Say you have 100 exp / kill. Now think of how many tens of thousands of enemies you kill between 1 and 60. It makes the biggest difference at low levels

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pretty small. You'd need it on all your gear to actually kind of notice. EXP scales up and that stat doesn't seem to keep up at all.
Just rock a nice ruby in your hat.

Pretty small. You'd need it on all your gear to actually kind of notice. EXP scales up and that stat doesn't seem to keep up at all.
Just rock a nice ruby in your hat.

Yeah i was checking and monsters in act 2 hell give 1-2k exp each so unless you have this on each item it's minimal bump.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like your run of the mill rare ring. Some nice stats, nothing really meshes too well, and people are all about the min/max.

Zyzyxxz

I noticed it big time in Normal difficulty.

I'm in Nightmare Act2 Lv42 and it's slowed down for me but I'm only half way through Act2 so I think I'm overleveled for sure.

Danj

I noticed it big time in Normal difficulty.

I'm in Nightmare Act2 Lv42 and it's slowed down for me but I'm only half way through Act2 so I think I'm overleveled for sure.

I'm level 46 in Act3 Nightmare, is that overlevelled? Because that doesn't usually happen to me in Diablo games (or any other RPG for that matter).

koji

I'm level 46 in Act3 Nightmare, is that overlevelled? Because that doesn't usually happen to me in Diablo games (or any other RPG for that matter).

Sounds pretty normal, start of Hell = lvl 50 so you're right on track. Maybe even a lvl or two short.

LordCanti

I feel like I'm terrible at gauging an item's true worth.

Are these worth anything?

No.

Main stat + IAS is the least rare combo out there, and 15 poison resistance adds nothing. Edit: Check to make sure the level (54) doesn't modify this advice. I don't think it does though.

The second one is a 2 hander with 750 DPS. That's an automatic no.

Third one is a low armor shield with terrible block.

LordCanti

Is the damage on this too low to sell?

My first decent LoH weapon

Filter the AH by 1 hand LOH/550, and then 79 dex/89 vit, and see if anything there is selling.

Everything is likely to be higher DPS, so make the max buyout like 50000 gold (or 5 bucks), and see if yours is comparable/better.

I really hope they don't increase the repair costs by as much as they said they're going to. It really only needs to be doubled.

Especially when they keep nerfing gold drops.

I just did my normal Act 1 run after reading the stealth nerf thing and the "spikiness" of gold is gone for sure, I use to get up to ~2000 sometimes and a lot over ~1000 and just now my largest was just 1400. The average per drop seems to have gone up though from 1-400 to now and I tended to get 130-280 per drop. Also think the barrels are no longer dropping as much gold.

All evidence from one run so you know it's mathematically sound and one hundred percent proof of a change. (lol)

Filter the AH by 1 hand LOH/550, and then 79 dex/89 vit, and see if anything there is selling.

Everything is likely to be higher DPS, so make the max buyout like 50000 gold (or 5 bucks), and see if yours is comparable/better.

It's...not that good

Might put it aside and run a giveaway if anyone cares. It seems ok for a Monk who just hit 60

Zzoram

So it takes 3 days for blizzard bucks to be deposited in our account?

Does one also need an authenticator to log into the battle.net website once it's account linked? I hope so, otherwise people can still change your password and stuff

Woo-Fu

Banned
It's...not that good

Might put it aside and run a giveaway if anyone cares. It seems ok for a Monk who just hit 60

If somebody doesn't have a good main with LoH a weapon like that is a decent fallback when facing elites with Reflect Damage. My default loadout only has 150 LoH(from my amulet) so I have to switch to a backup LoH weapon with considerably less DPS than my main so that I don't kill myself faster than I kill the elite.

That said, don't expect more than 50-100k.

So it takes 3 days for blizzard bucks to be deposited in our account?

Does one also need an authenticator to log into the battle.net website once it's account linked? I hope so, otherwise people can still change your password and stuff

It only takes 2-3 days for some transactions. They seem to randomly hold some for review and those have been taking a day or two. Then again I had one that closed last night, was held for review, but cleared by the time I got up this morning.

Yes, if you have an auth on your account you use it for the bnet website too.

rCIZZLE

So is there anything to this 200MF+ thing or is it just a reasonable figure that most people should be able to afford without sacrificing too much dps? I spent like a mil going from 175-215 while keeping roughly the same dps.

Mr Swine

Banned
Is the barbarians war scream + rune that makes enemies drop treasure and hammer of justice + rune that drops treasure only on critical hits working?

Zzoram

I don't know why both my RMAH transactions got flagged for review. They were $1.25 and $3.50 so it's not like it's a lot of money.

Naito

I'm rerolling DH, lost interest in my wizard :(

GAF, which is currently the fastest way to lvlup to 60?
I've been away for a while, I'm not updated with the current state of the game.

LordAlu

Just checked the Gem prices on the FMAH...

Dear god, do people really pay 20mil just for the top end gems? With farming I could probably make one of those every two or three hours!

i sold about $75-100 of stuff yesterday within a couple hours of the AH going live in the morning and that money went from processed to sold by last night, except one which went to sold this morning, so i think the 72 hours time frame is just the max part of the range. You'll prob get it within a day. I then bought some cheap stuff on the rmah with the funds, stuff that was way underpriced.

LordCanti

Dear god, do people really pay 20mil just for the top end gems? With farming I could probably make one of those every two or three hours!

What? No. They have gold costs to create.

i sold about $75-100 of stuff yesterday within a couple hours of the AH going live in the morning and that money went from processed to sold by last night, except one which went to sold this morning, so i think the 72 hours time frame is just the max part of the range. You'll prob get it within a day. I then bought some cheap stuff on the rmah with the funds, stuff that was way underpriced.

My sales all started as "processing" and ended with me getting the money 24 hours later.

lol nah you couldn't
the radiant star gem (the highest tier) costs like 10-15 million to make, i forget
well unless you can farm that much in 2-3 hours
And you need the recipes and for the highest tier ones they are a couple million as well

Wtf, just went to login and the game told me that my account was locked due to changes in my login pattern or some shit like that? I had to answer my secret question and then it logged in just fine. I do have an authenticator and so far both my d3 account and wow account look fine. Has this happened to anyone else? o.0

Lord Phol

The key stats are:
42% crit
291% crit dmg
400 resis

I find this interesting since I'm building a Life-stealing/life on hit/life regen duel wielding barb.
If you can manage with 1922 Life on hit, wouldn't 12% life steal accomplish this just as well or even better (if you got plenty of dps and lots of critting)?

ATM I got:
34K Life
6K Armor (with 1 passive and warcry)
700 Resist (with warcry)
~20k Dps (using battle shout and the passive which gives you 25% dmg at max rage)
1200 LOH
1400 Life Regen
~3% lifesteal (working on this one)

Haven't invested in crit stats yet since I'm not really sure what I should be going for now, everything that doesn't cost millions just seem to be sidegrades.

LordCanti

this item has to be good, right? crap - i can't find similiar items on EU AH.

Nice Vit, Mana, Int, but low DPS.

If someone sorted by Vit and Int and didn't know better, I guess they might buy it.

Edit: As always, this information comes with the disclaimer "check the AH first before doing anything"

Never underestimate how quick people will snap up underpowered stuff due to too specific of a search. If someone wants that combination of stats and it's the only one reasonably priced, they might drop a lot more than it's worth.

Yep.

rCIZZLE

ah, k - thx for your reply. if it is not that good i will give it to a friend.

Never underestimate how quick people will snap up underpowered stuff due to too specific of a search. If someone wants that combination of stats and it's the only one reasonably priced, they might drop a lot more than it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom