• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSmalls84

I ended up selling my set ceremonial knife with 440 damage for about 800k gold. I was pretty happy with that considering there was no way I would use it. I guess people will just buy sets to have them.

Neki

Hey gaf, will this blue increase my damage ? Or my current 2h is still better?
(Wizard)

The 2h will increase your damage as long as you have high int I'm pretty sure. Weapon damage becomes more valuable as you get more intelligence, and intelligence becomes less valuable on weapons as you start massing intelligence.

Also, don't buy one, if you really want to test it, I have a 1180 DPS two hander you can have.

Zuly

Lol, some random armor stash in A1 Inferno gave me this:

LgsM3.png

Venfayth

There's something magical about playing a game, waking up, checking your e-mail, and realizing that you made more than minimum wage playing a game for a few hours last night.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sorry for the OT, but does anyone know how to play Diablo 2 (LoD) on a widescreen-monitor without the screen stretching? I want the black bars on the sides ._.?

Neki

The 2h will increase your damage as long as you have high int I'm pretty sure. Weapon damage becomes more valuable as you get more intelligence, and intelligence becomes less valuable on weapons as you start massing intelligence.

Also, don't buy one, if you really want to test it, I have a 1180 DPS two hander you can have.

My offer only works if you're NA too.

Or you could enter my give away and get an even better sword

Desaan

Holy shit

I've had the the exact same situation in that area, zone in, elites on stairs, holy shit bbqwtf spam all over the place, death.

What's more annoying is that the mobs refused to move off the stairs and my monk's animations didn't seem to allow punching off the z axis.

Sarcasm

Getting awfully sick of this game and I haven't even completed nightmare.

I get 175ms but every time a goblin shows on my screen I lag, just enough for the goblin to port out. Than I get 1756ms for like 2 seconds than its back to 175ms.

Than there is loot...what junk it all is.

ugh....I just want to get to 60.

Interfectum

Getting awfully sick of this game and I haven't even completed nightmare.

I get 175ms but every time a goblin shows on my screen I lag, just enough for the goblin to port out. Than I get 1756ms for like 2 seconds than its back to 175ms.

Than there is loot...what junk it all is.

ugh....I just want to get to 60.

1-60 loot is useless in this game. just sell everything and shop on the AH. shitty game design, i know. :/

I'm really curious how Torchlight 2 is going to be compared to this game now. I laughed off TL2 a couple months ago too...

ari

Banned
man blizzard is fucking atrocious with support. Have been waiting for three days to get this shitty authenticator off of my account. Fuck android phones and fuck blizzard.

Anyone know the work around to restore the mobile authenticator app? droid 3 died and lost/forgot the restore code to tie with my account. :(

I'm really curious how Torchlight 2 is going to be compared to this game now. I laughed off TL2 a couple months ago too...

the beta was amazing fyi ;)

Sarcasm

1-60 loot is useless in this game. just sell everything and shop on the AH. shitty game design, i know. :/

I do vendor and I bought some gears on the AH. I only have liek 3k HP and 9XX something DPS.

I only laughed at people who were either for d3 or for tl2.

I got both. I am sure the lag thing will fix it self out and than patches will come...its just so UGH right now.

man blizzard is fucking atrocious with support. Have been waiting for three days to get this shitty authenticator off of my account. Fuck android phones and fuck blizzard.

Anyone know the work around to restore the mobile authenticator app? droid 3 died and lost/forgot the restore code to tie with my account. :(

How is Android at fault? Never less the same would be iOS than? It tells you to keep that restore number some where else. I do agree blizz support does suck but its prob still swamped as of now.

LiK

did you try calling?

scy

I'm eagerly expecting people to be as disillusioned by TL2. Wonder what the game to go to after TL2 will be? Maybe PoE and then it'll loop back to D3.

Sorry for the OT, but does anyone know how to play Diablo 2 (LoD) on a widescreen-monitor without the screen stretching? I want the black bars on the sides ._.?

Monitor OSD, have a look for expansion mode.

if you're on an nvidia card. Display>adjust desktop size and position>No scaling (or aspect ratio).

knitoe

the beta was amazing fyi ;)

That's why I wrote down the restore code and left it in my CE box. I had to restore 3 times already.

You think that's bad?
Shit like this made me happy that I dropped HC and went back to playing SC.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Monitor OSD, have a look for expansion mode.

if you're on an nvidia card. Display>adjust desktop size and position>No scaling (or aspect ratio).
I love you. Thank you!

ari

Banned
did you try calling?

tried calling the us number but the ticketing is full automatic message is on every support line from dialing 1 to 4. Tried the online ticketing service but you need an authenticator to even get to your account. lol

Really shitty support.

Thank goodness I wrote down the restore code and let it my CE box. I had to restore 3 times already.

to top it off, my serial number is attached to my battle.net account....which i can't access. its not in my confirmation email either when i bought it through the website.

Fuck my life.

Haunted

Too much junk and the drop rates being geared towards auction houses instead of regular play have sapped my will to play the game completely. Hope their balance changes can pull me back in, otherwise I'm pretty much done with the game for now (got a good amount of hours out of it, though).

LiK

tried calling the us number but the ticketing is full automatic message is on every support line from dialing 1 to 4. Tried the online ticketing service but you need an authenticator to even get to your account. lol

Really shitty support.

ah

Number45

When you do get it sorted, if you enable SMS alerts you can use that in future to solve any authenticator woes. No use to you now I know, but worth keeping in mind for the future.

Lexxon

In some cases it's the monitor itself. My monitor (3-4 year old Samsung 22"...ends in a BW I think) puts the borders on any 4:3 content, which I love. My TV and other monitors I've tried stretch everything out and I haven't found a way to fix that. I wonder if there's a program that can "fill in" the border area to force 4:3?

EDIT: Derp, someone gave you a much better answer earlier. Whoops.

v0mitg0d

I was going to put this in a new thread, but I'm not sure it requires it.

In case you missed it, I interviewed the creator of the Diablo and Torchlight series while I was at E3 and he had some really interesting things to say. It's a very lengthy and in depth interview, but here are some questions

What do you think we’re looking at in terms of time frame then, perhaps a few weeks once the PC version is release?
It’s tough to say because our very first priority after the PC release will be to put out fires. I’m sure we’ll have our own version of Diablo 3s Error 37. With any luck you know? [laughs] What that Error 37 really means is you have 6 million people pounding on your servers, so we want our Error 37 equivalent. [laughs]

Was there ever really a decisive push to get Torchlight 2 out before or Diablo 3, or was that never really a consideration?
Yeah it was something that we talked about, but the only thing we really didn’t want was to come out right at the same time. You know, like literally within a week or two of it’s release. We didn’t care if it was before or after though. Obviously some of our partners wanted us to launch before, but they also agree with the philosophy that if we rush it out, I mean, what would be the point of that right? Then you’re just going to buy the game and play it until Diablo 3 comes out, and then that’s all people are going to play of it ever again. So we took the path where we’re going to polish the game and actually compete head-to-head for the long term, and it just comes out whenever it comes out.

How do you feel Blizzard has handled Diablo 3 overall? To be more specific, how do you feel about the release of a sequel to something that required your unique talents to build?
Wow, you know, it’s weird, I’m not going to lie. It’s kind of cool! First of all I’m thrilled it do not suck. They did a good job and it does the franchise justice, so that’s a big relief. I’m kind of glad they did it, and we didn’t have to do it. Mainly because its impossible to beat the expectations of the people who were anticipating a Diablo sequel. I think they really did such a remarkably good job of making a slick game that’s obviously the best selling game so far, so you know, to say from a commercial perspective they did it right.

We were talking about the rocky launch earlier, but no one is going to remember it in a couple weeks after everything has been smoothed out. So yeah I’m really kind of happy that it all worked out. I’m also happy they made some decisions we wouldn’t have.

More over here: http://eat-games.tumblr.com

I'm really proud of this one. :)

I'm eagerly expecting people to be as disillusioned by TL2. Wonder what the game to go to after TL2 will be? Maybe PoE and then it'll loop back to D3.

Yep it will be interesting how a successor to loot game with most boring endgame ever designed will turn out :)

scy

What that Error 37 really means is you have 6 million people pounding on your servers, so we want our Error 37 equivalent.

If they don't have an Error 37 joke somewhere added in at the last minute, I'll feel like they've failed somehow.

My favorites include the all of that with the ability to pull you back to them and/or jailer.

I had some mosquitos that did that earlier. Vortex was instant death with the plague pool doing some absurd damage.

Inferno is becoming increasingly grating, but then what else is there to do at level 60? I feel like if I wasn't grinding grinding my way through this difficulty mode I'd probably shelve the game indefinitely.

ThinFinn

3KOLn.png

Does this mean my proceeds are transferred into my bnet balance instead of my paypal account?

I'm pretty sure i choose paypal as the deposit option though...

rCIZZLE

Yep it will be interesting how a successor to loot game with most boring endgame ever designed will turn out :)

Ya it will be interesting to see how D4 turns out.

Kidding aside, they did address that with TL2 by making it a major upgrade over the first, not just endgame.

3KOLn.png

Does this mean my proceeds are transferred into my bnet balance instead of my paypal account?

I'm pretty sure i choose paypal as the deposit option though...

Yep, you now have Blizzbucks.

scy

I need to use Teleport. Never bothered

To be honest, I love it for the mobility I get. That is, it's a lot faster to get through boring stretches of nothing to kill by just Teleport > Wormhole everywhere. It also has some uses for things like the Azmodan fight and getting stuck out of position in the black holes.

Mirror Image > Mirror Mimics is better offensively, especially with useful utility-esque spells in yur build (e.g., Wave of Force > Explosive Force with Mirror Mimics) and Diamond Skin comes back into power when you have really high Armor/Resists as it's essentially an extra ~680 VIT on a short cooldown; the more mitigation you have, the better that bonus HP actually is.

Darkone

I am getting close to Inferno, started Act 4 on Hell.

Where should i farm for items??
my gear is crappy and i dont want to use the AH at this point.

rCIZZLE

I am getting close to Inferno, started Act 4 on Hell.

Where should i farm for items??
my gear is crappy and i dont want to use the AH at this point.

Honestly, you should just use the AH. The stuff you'll find won't even compare to what you can buy for 10-20k each piece. If you're trying to go through the game without using AH then just farm the highest Act you can complete since boss runs aren't worth doing before lvl60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom