• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

Terrible loot today, absolutely terrible.

If you have terrible luck with loot, maybe you'd have better luck winning this give away!

Giveaway #2 (North American servers only!)

No tricks, no smoke, no mirrors. These are some decent weapons for fresh 60's, or Act 1 Inferno 60's that I'm donating because I have no use for them, and I'm sure gaffers would make better use of it than letting it rot in my stash. All of these items dropped from Act 3 Inferno+. :p

1liTA.png

You can choose one item, and after time has expired, I will roll for each item. Meaning six people are getting new items! The more people who want a weapon, the less chance you'll have less of getting it.

All you need to do is PM your GAF name and battletag and the item you want and you'll be entered.

All winners will get a free Exalted Pallium Shoulders recipe, free of charge, courtesy of Artanisix

The raffle will end 5PM Mountain Time on June 15th (Friday).

dat cheesy cut in. ;)

GJS

Just won this for 1mil, pretty happy. It's a nice upgrade over my current amulet in LoH, Dex, and some int for resistance.

ploy.png

Lord Phol

Nooooo there's a 80% reduction of lifesteal on Inferno? The fuck!?
That just fucks up my build completely, why would they mess with lifesteal but keep LOH viable?
Fuuuuu blizzard!

eek5

I find this interesting since I'm building a Life-stealing/life on hit/life regen duel wielding barb.
If you can manage with 1922 Life on hit, wouldn't 12% life steal accomplish this just as well or even better (if you got plenty of dps and lots of critting)?

ATM I got:
34K Life
6K Armor (with 1 passive and warcry)
700 Resist (with warcry)
~20k Dps (using battle shout and the passive which gives you 25% dmg at max rage)
1200 LOH
1400 Life Regen
~3% lifesteal (working on this one)

Haven't invested in crit stats yet since I'm not really sure what I should be going for now, everything that doesn't cost millions just seem to be sidegrades.

Life on hit is scaled based on attack. Life steal is scaled by difficulty (80% lower in inferno) so you'd need WAY more than 12% life steel. Honestly I'd just ignore life steel completely if I were you and focus on LoH/ASI. Even at 100k dps with 6% life steal you'd be leeching 1200 hp per second. If you had 2 attacks per second you'd get a return of ~1960 off frenzy and 1400 LoH.

Is the barbarians war scream + rune that makes enemies drop treasure and hammer of justice + rune that drops treasure only on critical hits working?

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to test this without a HUGE sample size. One of the problems is most white enemies will just end up dropping more gold and that's it. Maybe you could try testing on champions or something but it doesn't seem worth it.

Lord Phol

Life on hit is scaled based on attack. Life steal is scaled by difficulty (80% lower in inferno) so you'd need WAY more than 12% life steel. Honestly I'd just ignore life steel completely if I were you and focus on LoH/ASI. Even at 100k dps with 6% life steal you'd be leeching 1200 hp per second. If you had 2 attacks per second you'd get a return of ~1960 off frenzy and 1400 LoH.

Yeah, I just read about the scaling :(, boooo.
Oh well LOH it is then, Thanks!

GJS

That just fucks up my build completely, why would they mess with lifesteal but keep LOH viable?
Fuuuuu blizzard!

They lowered it because it was more powerful than LoH and they hoped to make it a late game stat instead.

Life Steal was far and away the best stat internally, which is why we put in modifiers to reduce the effectiveness at higher difficulty levels.

A lot of theorycrafters have (correctly) ball-parked the effectiveness of Life on Hit as being roughly 3x as strong as Life Steal. So it's probably pretty easy to see that before we put in the 80%, Life Steal was 2x as good as Life On Hit. So we knew we had to do something.

We played with numbers as low as 10%, and as high as 50% penalty.

The reason Life Steal settled at 20% is because over the next few months, the relative value of Life Steal will probably go up, whereas Life on Hit will not. Both of the stats scale with mitigation, and both of them scale with Attack Speed at the same rate, but Life Steal scales with your weapon damage and damage output. Life Steal also scales better in AOE situations.

To make a long story short, Life Steal is tuned around where we expect DPS output to be months from now. As people do more damage, get more survivability, and generally find they can AOE things more than they used to, I expect the value of Life Steal to go up.

Man, this RMAH is really addictive, even if I am having a hard time selling things. I finally got my first decent sale last night, $28 for a dh cloak that I would only classify as above average.

9Apjz.png

maharg

idspispopd
Fuuuuu blizzard!

Probably because there's a practical cap on LoH based on the fact that there (presumably) a cap on the number it can roll on any item and how many items you can have. From the items people post in here it seems like getting total LoH above 2k is probably pretty hard.

Leach, on the other hand, scales up with whatever crazy stuff you do to increase damage. And to get to the point where you can reliably grind Inferno you will pump that number up very high... There've been people with, what, like 100k dps? 5% of 100k is 5k leach (1k post cap). And I'm sure you can probably get both of those numbers much higher.

I think it makes sense.

Kyoufu

Question regarding RMAH:

Do you have to use the SMS protect thing? Or can you bypass that and just use an authenticator?

Lord Phol

Life Steal is probably amazing with a crit build where you're doing 200-400k crits.

This will be my goal then! I'll work towards that yummy LS/crit build! I can almost taste it!

Probably because there's a practical cap on LoH based on the fact that there (presumably) a cap on the number it can roll on any item and how many items you can have. From the items people post in here it seems like getting total LoH above 2k is probably pretty hard.

Leach, on the other hand, scales up with whatever crazy stuff you do to increase damage. And to get to the point where you can reliably grind Inferno you will pump that number up very high... There've been people with, what, like 100k dps? 5% of 100k is 5k leach (1k post cap). And I'm sure you can probably get both of those numbers higher.

I think it makes sense.

Yeah it makes sense, unfortunetly :p.
Was just hopeing I would be able to exchange my LOH for other stats when I got high enough LS.
But as you people have stated, late game i might!

Edit: Glad I got this answered though, was about to do some stupid gear purchase.

maharg

idspispopd
Incidentally, an early game viable leach (LoH) is one of the great additions they made to this game, along with every class having reliable resource regen. Early D2 was such a pain in the ass for lack of both these things.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Question regarding RMAH:

Do you have to use the SMS protect thing? Or can you bypass that and just use an authenticator?

You need SMS protect if you're going to cash out via paypal. If you're just buying/selling with blizzard bucks you don't need it, at least I didn't.

GJS

Leach, on the other hand, scales up with whatever crazy stuff you do to increase damage. And to get to the point where you can reliably grind Inferno you will pump that number up very high... There've been people with, what, like 100k dps? 5% of 100k is 5k leach (1k post cap). And I'm sure you can probably get both of those numbers much higher.

I think it makes sense.

Late game if you have the money you should be able to stack at least 4200 LoH.

Two 900 LoH weps with sockets, 2 radiant star amethysts for +600 LoH each. 600 LoH amulet, and two 300 LoH rings.

They are usually like 958 Loh or 335 LoH etc so will add up to even more.

A Fists of Thunder: thunderclap combo would heal 15750 vs a single target with that.

x-Lundz-x

They are going to allow commodities on the RMAH eventually correct? I've been stockpiling crafting mats to see if I can make some money.

Totakeke

LoH vs. Life Steal will only be a fairer fight when attack speed is nerfed. As of right now it seems like life steal will only really matter to those who has past finished the game and just want to max out their character. Life steal certainly won't matter in pvp.

Late game if you have the money you should be able to stack at least 4200 LoH.

Two 900 LoH weps with sockets, 2 radiant star amethysts for +600 LoH each. 600 LoH amulet, and two 300 LoH rings.

They are usually like 958 Loh or 335 LoH etc so will add up to even more.

A Fists of Thunder: thunderclap combo would heal 15750 vs a single target with that.
Wow, you are talking about some serious money here, haha.

Totakeke

xn6X5.png

Wow I'm assuming someone crafted these (280 armor). Talk about nice rolls..

Damn. 250 bucks right away.

I'm still debating what to go after to craft. Helm usually needs a socket, gloves need like attack speed to worth anything. Shoulders, pants, and chests are usually unexciting, maybe bracers?

I'm looking for a Act 2-3 farming group on NA server.
Barb - can't speak much for dmg but I can tank.
Have 200mf gear on switch.
So long as you can tank, I can do damage. 37k Witch Doctor here, who is as far as Act III Inferno. I am best available in the evening time during the weekdays, CST. In addition, I host a Mumble server that we can use. I would love to play tonight! :D

DJLushious#1620
NA

x-Lundz-x

wtf are all the rolls on those random? Why would they even add that to the game

It so stupid that legendary (Unique) items have random stat rolls instead of pre-defined value ranges. It makes them worthless. I have been playing since launch, and even on the AH have yet to find a single Legendary item worth anything other than a novelty item. Pretty sad. They really dropped the ball with them.

Kyoufu

It so stupid that legendary (Unique) items have random stat rolls instead of pre-defined value ranges. It makes them worthless. I have been playing since launch, and even on the AH have yet to find a single Legendary item worth anything other than a novelty item. Pretty sad. They really dropped the ball with them.

They're changing that next patch though.

idlewild_

Where is everyone farming? i can only seem to farm act 1 :(

Act 2 - Lair of the Witch. I just run out to the open area kill elites, there's usually a treasure goblin and/or resplendent chest and a dungeon. Just grab 5 stacks and go kill Maghda, the mobs don't hit as hard or have as much health as the mobs later in the act (I'm looking at you, stealth serpents.)

smr00

Banned
Act 2 - Lair of the Witch. I just run out to the open area kill elites, there's usually a treasure goblin and/or resplendent chest and a dungeon. Just grab 5 stacks and go kill Maghda, the mobs don't hit as hard or have as much health as the mobs later in the act (I'm looking at you, stealth serpents.)
Is it farm-able in MF gear? ima have to make my way up to that quest cause i don't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom