• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
These any good? Monk and DH maybe?

SOIWZ.jpg

I will gladly buy that amulet from you sir.

LordCanti

These any good? Monk and DH maybe?

SOIWZ.jpg

That amulet...me gusta.... Crit Damage goes to like 50%, but with the 5% extra chance, it's got to be worth something.

Bracers are nice too, but I don't know how high all resist goes on them. If it goes to like 70-80, 30 is on the low end.

So is there a reason why Blizzard won't allow the use of Prepaid phones for SMS protect?

I believe the mentality is that a scammer could keep getting cheap burner phones to use in the process of scamming people. Or something. I don't know.

smr00

Banned
I need to find a new farming spot, i can solo Warden/Butcher runs on my DH in full MF w/ high dex and some vit gear but that's about it and it's getting old fast.. After like 20 hours of farming i maybe found 3 items that sold well.

rCIZZLE

Gambling and duping were absolutely the ways SOJs made it into the game. It all happened early on when if you had a manald and nagel in inventory, any unique ring would be an SOJ. Gambling for it was the easiest way to get it, and it is what turned it into the currency.

Sorry man but you're kind of wrong here. For the vast majority of the game's life gambling was a terrible way to get anything good (other than that random gg rare). NM Andy had the best chance of dropping SoJ so that's where a lot of people in classic farmed, especially if they couldn't do Hell runs comfortably. Trying to gamble a SoJ was a huge waste of time.

What you're thinking of was a bug from 12 years ago.

scy

It was farmed from NM Andy mostly. Gambling wasn't a very reliable way. NM Meph had the bonus of dropping a lot of Hell viable equipment like hoz, vipermagi, soj, occy, and other things. Not all of those were the best, just stuff that had a little worth and were viable to use in end game.

Then I guess my edit is right and you can point and laugh at me for not knowing. I just remember Gambling over and over for SoJs (well, primarily for dual leech rings but SoJs were a neat bonus) since you could game the system with Nagelring/Manald in inventory.

You could also find those items in Hell Meph so I don't know what you mean by not seeing them later on. They didn't only drop in nightmare or from a certain area.

That's true, the drop mechanics did function a bit differently there.

LordCanti

I put that helm back up with a 21% MF Gem, and like a 20.17 minimum bid/250 buyout. I'm hoping the old "increase the buyout, attract buyers" trick will work.

Exactly what I'm doing now since my first 10 auctions expired. Keeping one slot open in case I find something amazing also.

It's fun to put stuff up for $250 in any case. It's like "You know what? There's a 99% chance this will never get over $20, but it could happen..."

Anustart

I put that helm back up with a 21% MF Gem, and like a 20.17 minimum bid/250 buyout. I'm hoping the old "increase the buyout, attract buyers" trick will work.

Exactly what I'm doing now since my first 10 auctions expired. Keeping one slot open in case I find something amazing also.

Totakeke

I usually dismiss this as just RNG, but anyone noticed the overall ilvl of item drops seem to have decreased lately in act 3? I did a couple of runs today and I only got one rare that's even worth keeping to be considered on the AH and I seem to get much more rares below lvl 60 too.

DTKT

I usually dismiss this as just RNG, but anyone noticed the overall ilvl of item drops seem to have decreased lately in act 3? I did a couple of runs today and I only got one rare that's even worth keeping to be considered on the AH and I seem to get much more < lvl 60 rares too.

Random loot is random.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Was about to vendor this, but I remembered there is such a thing as a DH melee build - is this something anyone would use?

There's no logic with the RMAH. Down is up, up is down. Bringing logic and low prices into it will net you no sales, but listing things at stupid high prices will seal the deal. It's Bizarro World.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
There's no logic with the RMAH. Down is up, up is down. Bringing logic and low prices into it will net you no sales, but listing things at stupid high prices will seal the deal. It's Blizarro World.
Fixed for maximum jokes.

rCIZZLE

Was about to vendor this, but I remembered there is such a thing as a DH melee build - is this something anyone would use?

That's a lot of % block. That and the vit would be enough for me to at least hang onto it. Check on the AH and see if you find something similar.

LordCanti

Man, sell that to a lightning stacking monk. 27% block, 62 Dex, 141 vit, and 34 lightning. Not too shabby I wouldn't think.

As for a DH using it...ehh...I think Quivers go up to 200 dex/20% IAS, with vita and discipline as random rolls as well. Bola is also not that popular of an attack in Inferno.

Yeah, unfortunately the only circumstances where you want an increase to Bola Shot damage is when you don't need a shield for survivability (or really any extra survivability since everything will be fodder)

RoadDogg

Does anyone here know why I can't access the RMAH? I have sent a trouble ticket to customer care as well but they are taking far to long to respond. When I click the button to access it it tells me that I am blocked from using the RMAH by parental controls. Keep in mind that I am a grown man, am the only one on my account, and never set up parental controls. I figured they just wanted me to set them up to use it so I went to do that but blizzard never sends me an email to access them with... Has anyone else ran into this?

I have nothing really worth selling but I figured I could toss stuff up there for super cheap and maybe get a few suckers.

Edit: Of course right when I post this they close my ticket. turns out someone hacked my account and put parental controls on. They turned it off and everything works now. Would be nice for them to offer a way to turn it off yourself...

scy

Putting +DH Skills on Shields is a nice way to incentivize using a Shield.

Unfortunately, you can get that roll on a Quiver. With IAS%. And Max Discipline.

GJS

I usually dismiss this as just RNG, but anyone noticed the overall ilvl of item drops seem to have decreased lately in act 3? I did a couple of runs today and I only got one rare that's even worth keeping to be considered on the AH and I seem to get much more rares below lvl 60 too.

Rares below level 60 are supposed to be more common, if we take the 1.0.3 design preview act3/4 drop rates to be as they are now then 48% of the time item drops will be ilvl 61+. You then have to rely on the RNG even further to see whether any of those items roll magic, and then further roll to be rare. So it's not going to be odd if you end up getting a lot of lower level rares instead of ilvl61+.

There was a blizz post saying that the drop rates haven't been changed anyway. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5794050041?page=6#105

windz

I'm over the 100 hours played mark and have yet to see one legendary or set item. Anyone else?

You're definitely not alone. 120 hours I found my first one, and found my 2nd at around 200.

Just give it time...you will find your legendary! (and likely be disappointed :()

inky

There's no logic with the RMAH. Down is up, up is down. Bringing logic and low prices into it will net you no sales, but listing things at stupid high prices will seal the deal. It's Bizarro World.

It really is. Bought a 400k ring which had 212 LoH, some cold resist, 46 vitality and 12 % gold find, sold for 20 bucks. WTF?! I did undersell my Stormshield, which is a bummer, I think I could've got $10 more looking back on it.

It took me around 150 hrs to see a legendary, and now they drop like candy. I think the jailer (+Butcher runs) have dropped like 8-10 for me with almost 300 MF including stacks.

LordCanti

Think of it this way:

You get a couple set/legendary items every time you load an act; They're just in that barrel you forgot to kick over.

Anustart

It really is. Bought a 400k ring which had 212 LoH, some cold resist, 46 vitality and 12 % gold find, sold for 20 bucks. WTF?!

It's this that caused me to craft 9 pairs of nightmare boots and threw em on rmah for 100$ a pop last night. Now to wait and see if the bobber goes under...

Am I seeing things or are 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor different than wearing Magic Find gear?

With MF gear (about 210%) I didn't get any yellow from 3-4 Siegebreaker runs, but when I did a run with 5 stacks of valor, I got 3 rares. WTF?

LiK

Am I seeing things or are 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor different than wearing Magic Find gear?

With MF gear (about 210%) I didn't get any yellow from 3-4 Siegebreaker runs, but when I did a run with 5 stacks of valor, I got 3 rares. WTF?

aren't the NV stacks multiplying your MF chances?

RDreamer

Christ, Act 3 is crazy. Again, I can tank tons of elites in Act 2 with my monk. I rarely die doing ZK runs, and even survived the whole time when we aggro'd two elite packs. Freezing mobs and desecration really doesn't bother me a ton in A2. Belial himself is kind of a joke now, too. I can stand and get punched and just heal right back up. Walk into Act 3, though, and a freaking frozen elite kills me outright. His freezing just insta-kills me. With over 900 resists I'm dead on the spot from it. What the fucking hell!?

windz

5 stack nephalem Valor force drops a rare for you. In fact, I believe it's 2 rares guaranteed with 5 stack NV. Gotta get dem stacks.

If you have Less than 5 stacks of NV, the bonus is simply the MF bonus that it shows in your details screen.

With 5 stacks, the bonus is still what you see in your details screen, IN ADDITION to 2 guaranteed rares from every boss

smr00

Banned
Another Warden/Butcher run and another letdown.

I really need a new fucking spot. Although i did find a Set item the other night but that's the only decent thing i have found in about 400 goddamn runs lol

Ferrio

Banned
The $200 RMAH purchase finally went to my paypal account. Yay... now to figure out how to get that money out.. never used paypal before fortunately... sad I have to use it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom