• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufus

Christ, Act 3 is crazy. Again, I can tank tons of elites in Act 2 with my monk. I rarely die doing ZK runs, and even survived the whole time when we aggro'd two elite packs. Freezing mobs and desecration really doesn't bother me a ton in A2. Belial himself is kind of a joke now, too. I can stand and get punched and just heal right back up. Walk into Act 3, though, and a freaking frozen elite kills me outright. His freezing just insta-kills me. With over 900 resists I'm dead on the spot from it. What the fucking hell!?
That's what bothers me most about the difficulty curve. It's a stair. And thanks to some affix combinations, the steps are of greatly varying height, too.

Anyway, back to farming gear for my Barb.

Maybe Maghda runs? The reality is Act II just plain sucks and i have yet to find a good theoretical farming place. 1.03 ought to make running through Act II better, though.

Eh, ZK > Belial is really fast depending on your gear. Much better than Maghda. Still not as fast as Butcher though

LiK

The $200 RMAH purchase finally went to my paypal account. Yay... now to figure out how to get that money out.. never used paypal before fortunately... sad I have to use it now.

direct deposit to bank account or have them send you a check.

DSmalls84

So has anyone tried listing items at reasonable prices and had them not sell and then relisted them for more cash and had the item sell? I had a pair of ias/crit chance gloves and all resist bracers I listed for like 3-4$ buyout but no one bid on them.

Rufus

So has anyone tried listing items at reasonable prices and had them not sell and then relisted them for more cash and had the item sell? I had a pair of ias/crit chance gloves and all resist bracers I listed for like 3-4$ buyout but no one bid on them.
It's a recognized effect. I guess the high price just floats things to the top for people. It's like a shelf at eye-height.

scosher

Am I seeing things or are 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor different than wearing Magic Find gear?

With MF gear (about 210%) I didn't get any yellow from 3-4 Siegebreaker runs, but when I did a run with 5 stacks of valor, I got 3 rares. WTF?

Bosses have 2 guaranteed rares when killed with a full stack of NV, regardless of your MF level.

MF simply increases your chances that the items dropped will be of higher quality. It doesn't increase # of drops or guarantee a certain quality. It's also pretty miniscule. So if a legendary or set had a .01% chance of dropping to begin with, 100% MF would only raise that to .02%. Still pretty shitty drop rates.

I have yet to get a set item in this game either with 120 hours played. Only one shitty legendary, and that was in Normal mode.

I think one of the main reasons people see so few legendaries/sets, especially while leveling up, is that unlike in D2, there isn't a legendary/set piece for every base class of weapon/armor.

For example, assuming D3 item generation is similar to D2, when you kill a mob, it would first determine the type of item dropped and its iLvl. Then, based on your MF, it would roll to determine the quality of the item (normal, magic, rare, set, unique, etc.). But if that item at that specific iLvl has no legendary or set version of it, then there's a ZERO percent chance of getting a unique when it drops, even if you had 500% MF, compounding the already low drop rates.

inky

I posted some 65 resist all, 85 vitality, 23 phys resist gloves for 7 bucks and they sold instantly (were my previous gloves too). No one bought them for 500k on the gold AH, so I just thought that without main stat no one wanted them, but I guess I was wrong.

I think the way the AH lists items by default (by price) makes it so that people just check the first 2-3 pages of the top and bottom prices, or maybe people are dumb and if they see they are more expensive they think they are better?

DSmalls84

I posted some 65 resist all, 85 vitality, 23 phys resist gloves for 7 bucks and they sold instantly (were my previous gloves too). No one bought them for 500k on the gold AH, so I just thought that without main stat no one wanted them, but I guess I was wrong.

I think the way the AH lists items by default (by price) makes it so that people just check the first 2-3 pages of the top and bottom prices, or maybe people are dumb and if they see they are more expensive they think they are better?

This is what I was thinking. I recognized what I was selling wasn't the greatest and most people might drop like 1-3$ on the upgrade and listed them accordingly. The bracers had All resist in the 20s and other primary stats so they were pretty middle of the road.

So does the Auction House not really become viable until you've made it to the later difficulties of the game? As in, I'm not going to find anything on Normal that's even worth trying to sell? It's all still new to me.

Venfayth

I can play Diablo at work while it's slow.

50441183.png

LordCanti

The $200 RMAH purchase finally went to my paypal account. Yay... now to figure out how to get that money out.. never used paypal before fortunately... sad I have to use it now.

Word to the wise...don't try to get it out.

Spend it. Trying to get it out is how Paypal knows to go "Wwwwaiiiiit a minute there champ. We're going to need a fat stack of your personal info before you can have that money"

So does the Auction House not really become viable until you've made it to the later difficulties of the game? As in, I'm not going to find anything on Normal that's even worth trying to sell? It's all still new to me.

It depends on how things shake out. I don't know if there will be a market for low level goods or not.

LiK

yea, nothing in Normal is worth selling.

ShaneB

Drop in the bucket how much my friend made/is making still selling gold by botting. Was 1k+ last time I checked... going to ask him again how much he's up to now. But ya 200 on a single item is fucking insane.. yay for insanity.

This depresses me
because I am jealous :(

idlewild_

Cool. I was starting to worry that maybe I had found some potentially profitable items, but sounds like that wasn't the case. Time to breeze through Normal! Thanks, guys.

Depends on your definition of "worth selling", some stuff will sell, just for like 5k gold though; granted, this is not a lot of gold, but if you don't have a L60 to farm inferno with, you might as well post w/e you have for a little extra gold. I am glad that people do sell low level stuff though, I outfit my barb alt with a new set of gear every 5-10 levels for 50-100k gold, you can get some good stuff for cheap since it is low level, the barb is sitting at 1200STR/2k dps (sword and board) in the low-mid 30s.

LiK

Cool. I was starting to worry that maybe I had found some potentially profitable items, but sounds like that wasn't the case. Time to breeze through Normal! Thanks, guys.

yea, once you've been through Hell/Inferno, going back changes what you consider valuable. You can take a lvl 50+ character later and rush through Normal and find tons of low-level rares easily.

LordCanti

Which makes me sad.

Fucking pathetic people bot.

Had none of my items sold, I'd be cursing botters for ruining the economy. Right now though, all boats seem to be getting floated, which makes it difficult to be angry.

Still...maybe if they didn't exist, someone would have bought my Hammer Jammers for $20. Yes...this must be the reason they didn't sell...

(If I'm sad about one thing not selling, it's that helm I posted. Like 39% MF, on a helm that a barb could actually use as a decent part of their kit. Buy mah GG MF Barb helm, RMAH eccentrics!)

Pathetic people find a way to enjoy the game they purchased?

Oooook.

I just don't care. Doesn't effect me. Enjoy your game how you like. This is NOT a competitive game.

"Bots" refers to a script that farms gold 24/7 without you doing anything. It's not "enjoying the game how you like", it's "cheating" no matter how you look at it.

Dahbomb

Seems to me that since all the really tippity top tier gear was moved over the RMAH, a lot of regular AH customers got hungry for some deals. I had some gear left over (really bad/average stuff) that I put up for decent prices and today I log on to see they are ALL sold. That has never happened to me before and now I got enough for a glove upgrade.

There is still a market on the Gold house, a lot of people don't want to buy items for dollars and you can still make a good amount of gold off of them and then probably sell the gold or buy a better item and sell that on the RMAH. There is a whole level of meta game to this AH now and lots of ways to make money.

Artanisix

Oooook.

I just don't care. Doesn't effect me. Enjoy your game how you like. This is NOT a competitive game.

Weren't you the guy who accused me of botting and attempted to frame me in a bad light?

Uhhhhhh ooooookaaaaaaaaaay then. Flip flopper much?

eek5

yea, nothing in Normal is worth selling.

This isn't really true. When I twink my char I always buy gear from the AH and I pay anywhere from 5-20k per piece. I know it's not a lot but to a new player 5-20k gold is a pretty big deal.

The things I look for:
helm - socket
chest - 2-3 sockets
pants 2 sockets

all pieces: +xp per kill, main stat, vitality
boots: movement speed

If you're low level and doing nothing with your auction slots it won't hurt to list some stuff up for low buyouts. My advice would be not to fill past 6 slots on really cheap items though since you don't want to lock everything up in case you get good items.

Maybe I'm in the minority as I seem to be one of the few people actually playing the game to level my alts to 60 so who knows but I'm sure there is a market out there for good items at any level.

So the recent Warden bans did not affect him?

AFAIK, the bans only targeted one specific bot. There are two other D3 bots that were unaffected by the bans.

Dahbomb

There is definitely a market for every level and there is even a market for Act specific Inferno gear. Like some people would rather incrementally upgrade their Hell/Inferno gear rather than buy a 2 million gear upgrade straight up which means there is still a market for those 600-700 DPS weapons and such. I just sold off 2 600 DPS weapons and a 700 DPS weapon which is really only good for clearing/farming Act 1 Inferno.

Drop in the bucket how much my friend made/is making still selling gold by botting. Was 1k+ last time I checked... going to ask him again how much he's up to now. But ya 200 on a single item is fucking insane.. yay for insanity.

$1,000?

Hope he reports taht on his taxes :p

Oooook.

What in the world is this? I don't even...

So he bots to make money by selling gold and you defend him? Lol...ok

Ferrio

Banned
What in the world is this? I don't even...

So he bots to make money by selling gold and you defend him? Lol...ok

I'll defend him. It's not a competitive game, in the grand scheme of things.. who gives a shit? Intially I was upset.. but fuck, while we're all getting hung up about these people "ruining" a virtual economy in a fucking game, he's making tons of cash. We're the stupid ones.

You can sell gold straight up for real money? Or does he use the gold to buy items off the gold AH and then flip them on the RMAH?

He sells it to a 3rd party.

I'll defend him. It's not a competitive game, in the grand scheme of things.. who gives a shit? Intially I was upset.. but fuck while we're all getting hung up about these people "ruining" a virtual economy in a fucking game he's making tons of cash. We're the stupid ones.

What does it not being a competitive game have to do with this? He is exploiting a game to make money...no it doesn't effect me. Just seems really shady to me.

Really an odd thing to defend if you ask me.

Ferrio

Banned
What does it not being a competitive game have to do with this? He is exploiting a game to make money...no it doesn't effect me. Just seems really shady to me.

Really an odd thing to defend if you ask me.

Shady? Exploiting a game to make money? That's the whole point of Diablo 3 if you haven't noticed. Blizzard, Paypal, anyone who puts stuff on RMAH, botters, 3rd party gold sellers. All them are making profit by "exploiting" this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom