• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Firstly ... it isn't for me. I haven't made crap on this game and probably never will. It doesn't bother me at all.

I made enough to cover dinner for tonight. Or maybe something on LoL, I guess? Maybe I'll put it towards TL2 after that last round of discussion we had in this thread.

So ... hooray AH!

Except there's plenty of people overseas that'll do this/are doing this. Even if botting was somehow destroyed, this would still happen.

Anyways this conversation has gone off entirely my original point. I Just find it funny that the entire point of this game is to make money (don't tell me it isn't). So pointing fingers at botters as if they're some evil to the game seems hypocritical.. when everyone else has their hands in the pot.

You really have a different oultlook on things. That is where I am gonna end on this one..smh

Rufus

Your avatar goes so well with every single one of your posts, it's quite amusing.

I'm hoping that the pages (combined with the boat oar with legendary text, but only a blue name) turn into something more.
Add a hatch? Ha, sure, they could do that.

Anyways this conversation has gone off entirely my original point. I Just find it funny that the entire point of this game is to make money (don't tell me it isn't). So pointing fingers at botters as if they're some evil to the game seems hypocritical.. when everyone else has their hands in the pot.
And as I said, it's seems a hell of a lot more sane thing to do than what I am doing right now, which is the virtual equivalent of playing slots. That's my angle on it. Getting a job beats this, too, but as far as making easy money on the side goes... I can't hate them for it, however annoying the gold inflation might be. I guess Blizzard is hoping that gold trading on the RMAH (i.e. balancing it against real-world currency) is going to sort this out for them, or they would have done something else to forestall the inflation.

jersoc

nice, i beat beliel last night and i can't continue on to act 3.

good job blizzard! now i need to beat him again. fucking bullshit took me 3 hours.

LordCanti

Is there a better way for me to make gold other than farming act II goblin?

Are you comfortably able to kill everything in Act 1? If so, yeah, the Cathedral has a ton of pots/barrels/etc to kick over, and you can do it in full GF gear.

nice, i beat beliel last night and i can't continue on to act 3.

good job blizzard! now i need to beat him again. fucking bullshit took me 3 hours.

I know that feel, but you can get the Act 3 WP from someone and just do it that way.

Ferrio

Banned
You really have a different oultlook on things. That is where I am gonna end on this one..smh

All I will say is, if this game was more structured around PvP/competitive I'd be more inline with your outlook. Also, this game was set out from the beggining to leech money from players. So seeing these people bot doesn't phase me much, cause I knew it was coming. The people botting/3rd parties getting the jump on blizzard before they could pull their shit is actually quite entertaining too.

scy

I guess Blizzard is hoping that gold trading on the RMAH (i.e. balancing it against real-world currency) is going to sort this out for them, or they would have done something else to forestall the inflation.

We'll see what happens to prices once a real value to Gold is readily available for people. I think a lot of people just seriously don't understand the prices that gold was (/is) selling for when we go from Gold AH items to RMAH items.

Though, I'd imagine many RMAH buyers aren't the kind to go much further than scoping out the Recommended Items for them.

Well, this was a fun thread.

Diablo 3 had a good run guys.

MacAttack

Can anybody recommend some decent Diablo 3 podcasts?

I listen to DiabloCast and The Diablo Podcast but it seems like they haven't been updated recently.

Rufus

I think we're crossing a line when it's outside programs running that are automating the entire process. People actually sitting at their computer and doing the farming is another matter entirely.
To me, it's the difference between insanity and 'wow, video games, huh?'.
I wanna see the guy that does 'legit' gold farming... Flipping burgers or standing at a production line, sorting thumbtacks would be preferable to that.

Gonna make it a goal to get to Whimsyshire today. Even if it's only the Normal one at first. I haven't been yet.

I think my plan will be to get the staff, then upgrade it to Inferno level for some hopefully easy Act 3/4 level farming.

Danj

Is there anywhere to legitimately buy a digital Diablo III key for less than the insane amount Blizzard is charging? Trying to get my friend interested in the game, he enjoyed playing the Starter Edition off my guest pass, but is reluctant to splash out £45.

inky

This seems to be like bottom of the pack in terms of rolls, right?

sB1Aa.png

Edit: Just sold for $5, LOL.

windz

That moment when you unconsciously change skills with 5 stacks of NV active. D:

That. Or kiting siegebreaker in inferno a3 and accidentally dragging a skill off your bar, and losing your stacks :(. Suuuuuch a waste of time lol

I have been playing hardcore for a bit over a week and am loving it. Only died once to stupid server lag for a minute+. Last night was good though, no random DC's or big lag spikes.

Here's to hoping the servers are good to me tonight/this weekend.

LordCanti

This seems to be like bottom of the pack in terms of rolls, right?

No one uses Cluster Arrow, and IAS goes to like 20%, so yeah. Without Discipline and with those stats, it's no better than any number of rare/magical quivers.

Maybe someone will punch in "quiver + MF" and see it though.

Macattk15

Awwwwwwwwwww yeah. Over $150 I have made on the RMAH now.

Almost able to have paid for my copy of D3 and my girlfriends. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

inky

No one uses Cluster Arrow, and IAS goes to like 20%, so yeah. Without Discipline and with those stats, it's no better than any number of rare/magical quivers.

Yeah that's what I thought. Thanks.

Ferrio

Banned
Just got a response from my friend (botter)

"Gold market is going down pretty quick :( only about 5-6 per million now lol. I've sold about $2,800 worth though, but spent about $700 on accounts and $1100 on my computer so I can run more bots. Probably will get around 10 bots running on softcore then start working on hardcore! That is where all the money is at, gold prices are still high and should stay that way."

Thoraxes

When this happens my productivity will hit bottom.

I'll bet they'll lump it in with the paid WoW remote AH service, and call them Battle.net mobile features.

Now the WoW app is free and has a bunch of free stuff, but to remotely access the AH or use mobile chat with your friends/guildies, costs $3 a month.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Would you want to stock up on +Magic find stat to get better gear to sell? Or does it not guarantee Rares and youll only get a bunch of Blue items?

With enough reductions on equipment, along with the right spec, you could actually make cluster arrow work - it's a powerful skill, it just costs a lot. However such a thing would be really niche, especially at this point in time.

I'd expect to see more experimental builds like that later on in the lifecycle of the game as people get bored of using the same old tried and true specs, and the gear is out there to make it work.

I'm still kind of baffled by Smoke Screen though. Even after the nerf, it's still invaluable, and I would be surprised to see a DH going without it on Hell or at least Inferno. Invulnerability + CC break is too good (I can understand why it was nerfed - it's still a top tier skill even with a 50% duration reduction). Maybe if Vault broke CC as well.

scy

I'm still kind of baffled by Smoke Screen though. Even after the nerf, it's still invaluable, and I would be surprised to see a DH going without it on Hell or at least Inferno. Invulnerability + CC break is too good (I can understand why it was nerfed - it's still a top tier skill even with a 50% duration reduction). Maybe if Vault broke CC as well.

I'm still kind of surprised that Smokescreen doesn't break when you attack or is confined to a small area of effect (it is, after all, a smokescreen).

That said, Opiate's had some good success with a Shadow Power DH build so you can ask him about the viability of non-Smokescreen builds. Personally, it seems like SP will be the way to go once your stats overall get high enough (much like Wizard's and Force Armor vs Prismatic and Diamond Skin usage).

Zuly

I've been messing around with Archon today. At first I hated it but I'm taking a like to it and I'm kinda tired of my cookie cutter build. lol

Seth C

Well, I'm mostly through Act 1 of Nightmare and I think I may be more or less done with the game. My equipment still consists primarily of things I found way back in Act 2 of Normal, and so far in Nightmare I've found absolutely no new equipment. At this point it has become almost unplayable. Any monster is a threat to kill me and any special pack is guaranteed to kill me 5-6 times. I'm level 37, which I assume is already on the high end for this point in the game. I know most will suggest using the AH, but for me that takes away absolutely everything I enjoy about Diablo. Let's be honest, there is no story to speak of and the only fun part of the gameplay is finding better loot. Since they insist on removing that I guess this just isn't a game for me any more. Oh well.

Well, I'm mostly through Act 1 of Nightmare and I think I may be more or less done with the game. My equipment still consists primarily of things I found way back in Act 2 of Normal, and so far in Nightmare I've found absolutely no new equipment. At this point it has become almost unplayable. Any monster is a threat to kill me and any special pack is guaranteed to kill me 5-6 times. I'm level 37, which I assume is already on the high end for this point in the game. I know most will suggest using the AH, but for me that takes away absolutely everything I enjoy about Diablo. Let's be honest, there is no story to speak of and the only fun part of the gameplay is finding better loot. Since they insist on removing that I guess this just isn't a game for me any more. Oh well.
dude, use the auction house. You know why? Because it doesn't ruin the loot finding premise. You know why? Because you won't be able to advance in Inferno for the life of you without grinding like crazy for good loot to sell because you're gonna need a lot of dough.

The AH only adds to the looting premise.

Won

With enough reductions on equipment, along with the right spec, you could actually make cluster arrow work - it's a powerful skill, it just costs a lot. However such a thing would be really niche, especially at this point in time.

I'd expect to see more experimental builds like that later on in the lifecycle of the game as people get bored of using the same old tried and true specs, and the gear is out there to make it work.

I used Vault over SS through Inferno, but yeah, balance is kinda not there. Though I think SS needs CC break removed rather than added to Vault.

DTKT

dude, use the auction house. You know why? Because it doesn't ruin the loot finding premise. You know why? Because you won't be able to advance in Inferno for the life of you without grinding like crazy for good loot to sell because you're gonna need a lot of dough.

The AH only adds to the looting premise.

Not really. You buy ACT 2 gear which let's you easily farm ACT1. But the gear you get is terrible. So, even if the AH let's you progress, you are one step behind most of the time.

balddemon

Banned
my new favorite monster to kill first when it's in the middle of a pack of enemies: harvesters

when they explode they kill the other enemies lmao

Lothars

Except there's plenty of people overseas that'll do this/are doing this. Even if botting was somehow destroyed, this would still happen.

Except your wrong, Botting is a bad thing for the game and maybe not as bad as dupers but pretty close, It hurts the game for everyone except the botters.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Archon is amazing for farming :x

Also lets you get in the corner and kill Iskatu in like 20 secs on any difficulty. I used Archon through hell and loved it but then I found standing still and channeling that long in Inferno to not be as productive. In tight spots packs go down pretty quick with it though, and it goes through waller walls iirc.

red731

So to get prepared for EU RMAH - the paypal is the only option or I can use the VISA option on b.nets payment method and it will come to me? There is this 15percent fee, but on VISA there wouldn't be so...*scratching head

Paypal only for RMAH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom