• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypernima

Banned
Just got a response from my friend (botter)

"Gold market is going down pretty quick :( only about 5-6 per million now lol. I've sold about $2,800 worth though, but spent about $700 on accounts and $1100 on my computer so I can run more bots. Probably will get around 10 bots running on softcore then start working on hardcore! That is where all the money is at, gold prices are still high and should stay that way."

D2 all over again

knitoe

dude, use the auction house. You know why? Because it doesn't ruin the loot finding premise. You know why? Because you won't be able to advance in Inferno for the life of you without grinding like crazy for good loot to sell because you're gonna need a lot of dough.

The AH only adds to the looting premise.

I am only lvl 45 in NM. I am getting all my useful loot from AH and made 95% of my money buying/selling AH items. And, I already have my lvl60 weapons in hand. So, YES, AH has ruin the loot finding.

Kenaras

Well, I'm mostly through Act 1 of Nightmare and I think I may be more or less done with the game. My equipment still consists primarily of things I found way back in Act 2 of Normal, and so far in Nightmare I've found absolutely no new equipment. At this point it has become almost unplayable. Any monster is a threat to kill me and any special pack is guaranteed to kill me 5-6 times. I'm level 37, which I assume is already on the high end for this point in the game. I know most will suggest using the AH, but for me that takes away absolutely everything I enjoy about Diablo. Let's be honest, there is no story to speak of and the only fun part of the gameplay is finding better loot. Since they insist on removing that I guess this just isn't a game for me any more. Oh well.

If you don't want to use the auction house, use the blacksmith instead. He may not be as efficient as the auction house, but he's perfectly viable if you choose to go that route.

Well, I'm mostly through Act 1 of Nightmare and I think I may be more or less done with the game. My equipment still consists primarily of things I found way back in Act 2 of Normal, and so far in Nightmare I've found absolutely no new equipment. At this point it has become almost unplayable. Any monster is a threat to kill me and any special pack is guaranteed to kill me 5-6 times. I'm level 37, which I assume is already on the high end for this point in the game. I know most will suggest using the AH, but for me that takes away absolutely everything I enjoy about Diablo. Let's be honest, there is no story to speak of and the only fun part of the gameplay is finding better loot. Since they insist on removing that I guess this just isn't a game for me any more. Oh well.

play with friends? a few buddies that are close to level 60 keep jumpin in my game, being generous and dropping cool shit they find and it powers me up drasticaly. Im level 39 currently.

"Gold market is going down pretty quick :( only about 5-6 per million now lol. I've sold about $2,800 worth though, but spent about $700 on accounts and $1100 on my computer so I can run more bots. Probably will get around 10 bots running on softcore then start working on hardcore! That is where all the money is at, gold prices are still high and should stay that way."

Wonder what happens to all that money in his account when he ends up being banned... Does Blizzard end up taking it all back? They could likely get away with it seeing as its breaking the EULA

I am only lvl 45 in NM. I am getting all my useful loot from AH and made 95% of my money buying/selling AH items. And, I already have my lvl60 weapons in hand. So, YES, AH has ruin the loot finding.

So because you couldn't keep yourself from using the Optional auction house, its the games fault for ruining your loot finding?

LiK

So to get prepared for EU RMAH - the paypal is the only option or I can use the VISA option on b.nets payment method and it will come to me? There is this 15percent fee, but on VISA there wouldn't be so...*scratching head

Paypal only for RMAH?

Paypal or Blizzbucks

But the Auction Hall isn't necessary until Inferno, and even then late Act 1.

Personal experience, even my dad didn't touch AH until late Hell and he's 52 and not skilled at games.

Kaiden

Neo Member
omg jus got my first plan

granted its just a 4 prop "Exalted Dread Shield" but hot damn! first one yet. Act 1 Cursed Hold

that's where I got mine from. makes me think that the plans have a higher drop rate there because I got 2 of them from the same place (both dread shield).

Ferrio

Banned
Wonder what happens to all that money in his account when he ends up being banned... Does Blizzard end up taking it all back? They could likely get away with it seeing as its breaking the EULA

In his account? There's none in his account... I suppose he has a bit of gold.. but he sells the gold to a 3rd party... bliz can't touch that money.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Why I haven't been playing too much. Just got into Hell mode. Everything that drops is like 5 levels below me all the time. I've found I have to use the AH to progress. Everything in the AH is dirt cheap and I fully equip my guy in less then five minutes. Kind of kill the excitement of the game.

I don't mind the AH, but it would be nice if loot dropped my level while I'm playing. Part of the fun of the game is finding that awesome piece of loot while playing, not going to the AH and spending 5k gold in 30 seconds. I'm basically just being handed the best peice for each slot and if I don't accept it I can't play.

solidstatement

Neo Member

you've got pretty fucking poor taste in friends.

Zuly

Archon is amazing for farming :x

Been using it as a "Fuck it, let's go all out" measure when I've dwindled an elite pack down to low health. Been using the typical Venom Hydra/Force Weapon/Prismatic Armor/Magic Missile/Arcane Orb build for awhile now. Still on the fence about Passive Skills though.

What annoys me about botting is when things in the game get changed for the worse just because of them. It's irritating to be punished just because other people are abusing the system.

Takuan

Quick question: do A4 Inferno vendors sell Archon armor pieces (or anything high ilvl), or do they only drop from creatures?

knitoe

So because you couldn't keep yourself from using the Optional auction house, its the games fault for ruining your loot finding?
If it's legit and part of the game, even of it "ruin" something, I would be foolish not to use it. It's like if the game had a skill, in this case AH, that gives you 10000x better chance of rare drop it would dumb not to use that skill, but ooh, it's optional...

In his account? There's none in his account... I suppose he has a bit of gold.. but he sells the gold to a 3rd party... bliz can't touch that money.

where is the real money going? HIs blizzard account or Paypal?

If it's legit and part of the game, even of it "ruin" something, I would be foolish not to use it. It's like if the game had a skill, in this case AH, that gives you 1000x better chance of rare drop it would, dumb not to use that skill.

Look, I get the complaint you have, but think about it like this. The items aren't magically put up into the auction house forcing you to buy them. They are farmed by people PLAYING the game (even if they are unemployed/out of school and no family, still living at home with 24/7 play time available). If they can farm the items to put up in auction, than why can't you? Why do you feel forced to do something that you don't even have to participate in when you feel it ruins the game? In my opinion, diablo has always been about getting lucky. Thats why i keep playing it... I keep hoping that the next play through is going to be my lucky day, and i get that nice set piece or that not shitty legendary item. I don't care that the AH makes it easier for people that just don't have the patience farm (especially given the shitty farming circumstances that do seem to exist in this game compared to prior diablos)

Diablo 3/UFC Que Choisir: "DRM is problematic"

By Poischich, Gamekult.com
Interview - Thursday, 14/06/2012 at 17h 30

Alerted by many consumers disappointed repeated errors accompanying the release of Diablo III , UFC-Que Choisir said Tuesday it has given notice Blizzard to address these problems, while reporting the situation to the DGCCRF.

This is not the first time that the consumer association protested against the publishers of trade policy: it had published such a study and filed a complaint against some of them last November , to denounce DLC and online Pass.

We took advantage of this new release for a few questions on the topic Edouard Barreiro, director of public relations of the UFC-Que Choisir.

What is your goal with this notice?

There are two things, communication and warning. The formal notice, it is especially for Blizzard to move and put things in place as soon as possible so that consumers can quietly enjoy his game The second thing that is in the press, it is the aspect DRM . To tell you frankly, this is for me what is most important.

In principle, DRM reduces the consumer's rights and reduce usage, it is something in the game, since it is always in connection with an internet connection, creates technical inconvenience. So, in future, even if the game publishers are the means of infrastructure, networks, will never be an ideal situation. Even if we assume that the network works perfectly well, the player always manages to connect to identify themselves, the fact is he can not do what he wants his game

The first thing is that he can not enjoy it as he wants. You travel, you want to play on the train, it is not possible, even with Wi-Fi in the Thalys, for example, it is not even worth thinking about. You go to Tata, if she does not have a connection that's fucked up. And if there is connection but it is not good, with this system as in Diablo III where the party is deported to a remote server, it does not even bother to think about either.

Then the second point is that you have a property that you acquired, but ultimately you do not have the rights that go with it, usufruct, etc.: you can not transfer it, you can not resell, you can not give.

The term DRM is relatively broad. You challenge the copy protection in general, which is not always associated with a permanent Internet connection, or this one in particular?

Generally speaking, DRM is problematic. It always creates compatibility problems, whether the copy protection on a CD 15-20 years ago, or the DRM on mp3 tracks on DVDs, Blu-ray boxes or games. Even with just an online authentication, not a permanent internet connection, it will always be problems, compared to the connection, or if Steam or Battle.net saturate because there are too many people, and not necessarily on the same game you ... DRM, in principle, poses a real problem.

What are the actual powers of the UFC-Que Choisir in such cases?

The powers are those that have been on everything, eventually. It is access to justice, to have the means to take action, that is not necessarily the consumer: it has the means to afford a lawyer, was also in-house expertise with several services, legal , Economic, and we have access to a consumer base that can give us testimonials. That's our means. And then also this political power, which is not always successful, of course, but allows us to capture all the public and the government telling them that there is a real concern and need s' deal.

In the case of Diablo, you really get compensation?

We must not caricature, it is not asking Blizzard to pay players. But in general, an allowance, it can be offered objects, it may be only a gesture, to show the consumer that does not ignore him, we really aware that we showed to a failure. It's asking them somewhere to be commercial. You do something that does not work, the least we can do is to compensate, not necessarily compensate. As a mobile operator can give you a free half hour per month, something like that, when there is a problem.

Diablo 3 is not the first game to require a permanent internet connection ...

But we have already denounced it, there are six or seven months.

There are six or seven months, this concerned mainly the passes online, you have a complaint about it anyway?

Yes, absolutely. In fact, when you make a call, there are a few things and even then, we took a stand against DRM. The passes online, it is also a form of DRM, this is not something else. When you have a game with a unique code to activate it or to play multiplayer, and this code you can not sell it, or else when you give in, the one you buy has access to your results and can not start over, one way or another it is also a form of DRM.

Precisely, the complaint on the passes online, where it is?

Well the procedures in France are very, very long, that is to say we do not return it for now. You know, a process lasting several years, so I think we will not have a final judgment within two years ... last year and a half now, since it was launched six months ago. The procedure is underway, there was no further information currently.

For you, the release of Diablo 3 was an opportunity go even further?

Always distinguish two things in a communication from consumers. On the one hand, it is asking a publisher, here Blizzard , to make things right, but it is also put into perspective a more general political demand.

Diablo on, for now it is a formal notice with the DGCCRF transmission, it is not a complaint. Do you plan, if the response from Blizzard does not satisfy you, move to the next level?

Nothing is excluded. We study several possibilities, whether for Blizzard or others elsewhere. We our concern is to be certain that this market works and that the consumer does not feel injured. In fact, as we will by period of influx of people that we understand various issues, some general ... For example, for our first submission, there were many stories of players who were saying "games are not finished, it does not work", that's what sparked the trick. This time, they are really people who have seized on Diablo , but every time you will like that, occasionally, massive demands of consumers, it will mean that there are things that do not work: we will be interested and see what we can do.

You have other leads, other battles ahead in the video game?

I can not tell you because if you start talking too soon, publishers can find ways that are always on the edge of legality but that does not improve things for the consumer. We are studying several things that could possibly lead to proceedings because there is always a work of feasibility study to do, but I can not tell you because it may endanger the action.

We must not forget that when we began an action against a publisher, the goal is not to convict him, but rather to create a law that protects consumers in the future.

But for example, the purchase of dematerialized games, like Steam, it's something that interests you?

Yes, of course. These are things to look for, in contract, in terms of price too. I find it amazing that a game whose uses are much smaller, that is to say we can not sell, we can not use it wherever you want, costs the same as a game box , which allows all this. I know this is an example that is totally anachronistic, but there is still a reduction of consumer rights that is not accompanied by a decrease in the price.

In counter-example, one can take the offer cloud gaming Bouygues Telecom, I quote it here but it could be another. When you pay a set from 10 to 15 € and you have the right to use it for a year, well, you can understand: you do not pay the game, but you pay a usage right, from 10 to 15 € it's not 60 or 80 €. It's a bit the same principle with the music, when you buy a CD 15 € with a jacket, a pocket, the work being done on the presentation, during which time it offers the digital files for the same price. Since the cost is not at all related to the price, you really feel that makes fun of you.
http://www.gamekult.com/actu/diablo-3que-choisir-les-drm-sont-problematiques-A102257.html

This is a fine position, until you start thinking about the fact that itemization design decisions were made with the auction house in mind. Everything from affixes to drop rates was influenced by the AH (regardless of whether they say it wasn't). This is in order to balance the economy, but at the same time it has the effect of pushing players towards using the AH.

MedIC86

It's not really great but you guys think this wel fetch any money on the RMAH ?

BofYX.jpg

inky

The quiver from last page just sold for $5. Just thought y'all needed to know. I'm going to do that with all my legendaries I guess.

scy

This is a fine position, until you start thinking about the fact that itemization design decisions were made with the auction house in mind. Everything from affixes to drop rates was influenced by the AH (regardless of whether they say it wasn't). This is in order to balance the economy, but at the same time it has the effect of pushing players towards using the AH.

The game itself was balanced without the AH, however. That is, getting through however far they did in Inferno was done without the AH. We can conspiracy this and that or whatever all day if we want but the game itself was tested and balanced as far as actual progression is concerned without the AH being involved. Just drops.

Edit: Normal - Hell, anyway. We're in a different situation entirely for Inferno.

Cipherr

Whatever, this argument that the itemization is broken only stands until 1.03 hits and officially makes upgrade worthy tier loot drop in Act 1-4 of inferno the way it should.

Right now the system is only broken because its not possible to farm the right ilvl gear needed for Act 2 in Act 1 in most cases. Once that is fixed, the correct way to progress will be in tact,

Farm Act 1 for a set of gear that will get you through Act 2, so on and so forth. People will still be bitching though, because I dont think being able to put the effort in and succeed is what alot of you dislike, I think most folks just dont WANT to. They want the good items now and dont want to put in the time to farm them. So the AH becomes this golden beacon of a shortcut they cannot live without.

Once the ilvl drops are fixed, anyone who cares to actually progress through drops will be able to do so completely without the AH if they so desire. It will take a long time, but thats the point in a loot driven game in Inferno. You arent supposed to clear inferno like you did hell. The idea is for it to take months of farming to get to the point where you have gotten the drops needed for the end of inferno.

LordCanti

The quiver from last page just sold for $5. Just thought y'all needed to know. I'm going to do that with all my legendaries I guess.

That was a fair price. I think anyone that gives up the 10 discipline that a quiver can have is nuts, but to each their own.

balddemon

Banned
so i'm browsing the AH when i hear the dinging noise. i love that noise. sold some shitty boots for 7 bucks lmao. i've made almost 20 now bwhahahahahahhhahahahahaha

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm just going to cash out on some of my tank-focused gear on my Barbarian. Slow-paced sword and board with a focus on survivability just isn't a lot of fun for me. Also, I imagine the time to sell shit like Helm of Command, Justice Lantern, and Stormshield are now, because I don't think they'll be as valued after 1.0.3.

I'm going to see what I can get for them and go back to a raw-stat and DPS focused 2-hand build, I think. I know I can continue to farm Act 1 reliably with that build at least, and 1.0.3 shouldn't be too far away.

scy

Farm Act 1 for a set of gear that will get you through Act 2, so on and so forth. People will still be bitching though, because I dont think being able to put the effort in and succeed is what alot of you dislike, I think most folks just dont WANT to. They want the good items now and dont want to put in the time to farm them. So the AH becomes this golden beacon of a shortcut they cannot live without.

I've mentioned it to others before but I'm really interested in seeing the new complaint to rise from 1.0.3. Drops themselves aren't improving, you still need to get the RNG to roll the right stats for you. You just now have a chance of better base items. If you couldn't stand farming before for an upgrade, chances are high you still won't post-patch. I imagine it'll be down to the time involved which, really, is the actual issue at hand. Not to say that it's not a legitimate complaint or not, just that I think that's really the issue here.

Well, better Weapon drops will at least be easier to get. So there's that.

Seth C

If you don't want to use the auction house, use the blacksmith instead. He may not be as efficient as the auction house, but he's perfectly viable if you choose to go that route.

Oh trust me, I use the blacksmith heavily. Almost everything I'm wearing came from him. Unfortunately at this point to make any progress the recipes require the recipe pages and so I get maybe 1 chance per hour of play to even try to craft something.

I sure do find a shit ton of magic quivers though. In fact, the last 3 rares I've found are quivers. Quite useful for my barbarian, too.

I don't mind farming at all, but I can't help thinking there should be no way in hell that I should still be wearing Level 9 gloves at level 37 because I've yet to find anything better. That's just a bit too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom