• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, but not at the hyper inflation rate. But this is Diablo we are talking about. It was only a matter of time.

True, but then again they regularly ban botters accounts, which a majority of the time (although not all) includes quite a bit of the money they earned from botting.

Deadly

Rogers Pay-As-You-Go? Thats weird because my mother-in-law has a Rogers and when I try to use it, it says:

But there's no "button below" other than the submit button, which does nothing.
Yep works fine for me. Got their sms and all
I have to ask, is it really worth equipping wands when most of them have shitty DPS? :S At least from what I've noticed.
Just use whatever gives you more dps. At least until 60

Vodh

Is it weird of me to make threads (on other forums) advertising my stuff in the RMAH?

If it's on general forums and you do it for stuff <$2 then I'd say yeah, sounds kinda weird. But if it's mainly for items you put up for big bucks and you do it on trading forums where other people do that too, why would it be weird? Good luck ;)

suffah

Does maths and stuff
True, but then again they regularly ban botters accounts, which a majority of the time (although not all) includes quite a bit of the money they earned from botting.

Yep. I wish we had access to some hard numbers which of course we never will.

Very curious to see how much gold came from botting.

They lose the cost of the game (if Blizz even perma bans and they are actually using their own accounts rather than a stolen one) and whatever gold was left on the account which I assume they move fairly regularly. Really though all that gold is the cost of running a computer which probably is running several bots at once and the time spent doing it which doesn't require much human attention....for what they're getting paid it's almost free money, bans or not.

Did a ZK farming run, cleared 2 of the 3 pre-ZK dungeons, elites were pretty easy........but the 3rd dungeon had an invulnerable pack with plague and electricity right at the entrance and then another pack with mortar and other shit a bit up the hallway......good thing I started on the kill ZK quest so I didn't have to deal with them........fucking constructs are annoying enough when there are more than 3 on screen at once!

I had to go to arcanus to get the last 2 stacks of NV and then killed ZK easily and found a cave with a resplendent chest

Nothing amazing dropped though

railGUN

Banned
ah, there might be a delay. wait a bit.

Will the "Enter Verification Code" section (to the right of where you enter the number) only appear once a text has been sent (there's nowhere to enter the code as of right now)? I had tried this Rogers number a few days ago, and nothing has changed on the SMS page on the Battle.net site, so I don't think the number is / will work.

hobart

Anyone have a link or knows of someplace I can check to see what the ICONS of the specific iLvL items look like?

For example... What does an iLvL 61, 62, 63 Shield look like?

Found some great info on the names of pre-identified items and their iLvLs for those interested:

Unless otherwise noted... these are listed in the order of 61, 62, 63.

1H Weapon

Axe - Reaver, Galraki, Arch Axe
Dagger - Basilord, Piercer, Darkblade
Mighty Weapon - Chopsword, Massacre Axe, Slayer
Ceremonial Knife - Exquisite Knife, Flesh Ripper, Veil Piercer
Mace - Goedendag, Crag Hammer, Demolisher
Fist - Pulverizer, Golden Talon, Heaven Hand
Spear - Qiang, Vel, Centurion Spear
Sword - Saif, Conquest Sword, Rune Sword

2H Weapon

Axe - Sagaris, Ripper Axe, Decapitator
Mace - War Maul, Slag Hammer, Doom Hammer
Polearm - War Thresher, Grand Halberd, Dread Lance
Staff - Conquest Staff, Mythical Staff, Soveriegn Staff
Sword - Colossus Blade, Oni Blade, Warlord Sword
Daibo - Grand Taiji, Zhezl, Guru Staff
Mighty Weapon - Titan Sword, Behemoth, Titan Axe

Ranged Weapon

Bow - Sniper Bow, Phantom Bow, Revenant Bow
Crossbow - StoneBow, Doomcaster, Hellion Crossbow
Hand Bow - Runic Arcus, Impellor, Exorcist
Wand - Archmage Wand, Strike Wand, Desolator Wand

Offhand

Shield - Aegis, Dread Shield, Sacred Shield
Mojo - Unspeakable Thing, Kurastian Asp
Orb - Orbit Stone, Demi Lich
Quiver - Runic, Sanctified Quiver

Armor

16 - Doom, Stalker, Armguards, Stranglers, Girdle, Heavy Baldric, Schynbalds
17 - Soveriegn, Pallium, Dread, Armplates, Grand Chain, Heaven Strand
18 - Archon, Razorspikes, High Scabbard

Head

16 - Archmage, Ghost Sight, Hellscape, Manitou Mask
17 - Deva, Sovereign, Star Crown,
18 - Archon

Vodh

Is there any word from Blizzard on the Nether Tentacles (DH Elemental Arow rune) and whether or not it's actually intended that it hits big targets multiple times?

LukeSmith

Is there anyone here that can help me run through Act II? Lol, I need elite gear!!

GKzfb.jpg

Sophia

Demolishing Elite packs without difficulty in Act 1.

Three shotted by normal melee enemies in Act 2.

Balance, how does it fucking work!?

Dahbomb

Demolishing Elite packs without difficulty in Act 1.

Three shotted by normal melee enemies in Act 2.

Balance, how does it fucking work!?
3 shotted? That's 2 more shots you survived more than the average person hitting Act 2.

Anyway I am really close to beating Act 2 now. I am near the final boss fight, I think I can beat it. After I beat the boss fight I will be taking a break until 1.03 patch comes out.

Sophia

3 shotted? That's 2 more shots you survived more than the average person hitting Act 2.

Anyway I am really close to beating Act 2 now. I am near the final boss fight, I think I can beat it. After I beat the boss fight I will be taking a break until 1.03 patch comes out.

I'm not actually sure I was at full health for that. I couldn't tell between all the "I'M BADLY INJURED!!!!!" messages and me frantically trying to Ferocious Charge something for health.

Whooter

so i know this is a stupid questions but......How can you tell what is good and what isnt like that!?

Not that stupid, as I'm utterly confused sometimes by what's considered good or not. Is there a site or something that has "Phat Lewtz Evaluation For Dummies"?

You're missing one key element. Items sell for these inflated prices, so you're still keeping up with inflation. The only thing that you lag behind on is gold drops, which is a very very very small percentage of income. Inflation hurts people when their income does not raise with inflation. Seeing how your income are drops, it will not be devauled by inflation.

I would say the majority of my income has NOT come from drops. Though I would like it to be that way. I don't farm for gold. Too boring. I try for drops. The majority of the money I've made has been from gold though.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
so i know this is a stupid questions but......How can you tell what is good and what isnt like that!?

By constantly keeping an eye on the auction house and knowing what is available and what stats people are looking for.

At level 60, a 2-hander under 1k DPS without a lot of life on hit isn't going to be highly valued. Maybe if it had really high DPS someone would want it without life on hit or vice versa, but with neither, no one is going to care about it.

Also, the bleed proc is a joke or something. ~1k damage over 5 seconds when each of your individual hits will be doing 10k+ and mobs have over 100k HP?

balddemon

Banned
By constantly keeping an eye on the auction house and knowing what is available and what stats people are looking for.

At level 60, a 2-hander under 1k DPS without a lot of life on hit isn't going to be highly valued. Maybe if it had really high DPS someone would want it without life on hit or vice versa, but with neither, no one is going to care about it.

Also, the bleed proc is a joke or something. ~1k damage over 5 seconds when each of your individual hits will be doing 10k+ and mobs have over 100k HP?

does bleeding stack?

Definity

RNG is a bitch sometimes. Played for two hours with a five stack and only came away with two rares and they were both shit.

Been farming Inferno ponies for the past few days and have half a dozen legendaries/set items to show for it. I'm not sure whether I should feel lucky or not since most of them are complete ass. The only real interesting things are a halfway decent Inna's Glory and a Madstone with 2 spirit per second and +10% damage to Deadly Reach, it doesn't have a socket though.

I've found its really quick to start up Doom in Wortham, grab Leah since she's invincible, and then hit Festering Woods for a quick 5 stacks before going into Whimsyshire. The 2 mini dungeons there are guaranteed to have a pack near the entrance and the event there is 100% spawn and has a pack at the end. There's usually at least 1 random pack you find while looking for the dungeons/event too.

Venfayth

I've found its really quick to start up Doom in Wortham, grab Leah since she's invincible, and then hit Festering Woods for a quick 5 stacks before going into Whimsyshire. The 2 mini dungeons there are guaranteed to have a pack near the entrance and the event there is 100% spawn and has a pack at the end. There's usually at least 1 random pack you find while looking for the dungeons/event too.

Been looking for a fast way to do this. I will try this out. Thanks for posting :)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yes, someone bought my shitty ring, now I have American Blizbucks, yeah! $8 USD, $29 AUD, all in wonderful blizzard fun bucks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Bleed would be so much better if it got amplified by your primary stat. People may actually want it then.

y u no paypalz?

Blizard hates my cell phone. Most likely after I get enough Blizbucks, I'll have a friend with paypal help me cash out.

DTKT

Why? I mean I don't really care one way or the other. But what makes you feel that it's a for sure thing?

It's way too effective and easy to spam. It's simply too good. I can't see Blizzard leaving it as it is since they have nerfed things like SS and the monk thing.

ari

Banned
waited on the phone for 328 minutes and still no blizzard support rep picking up the phone. phone support is confirmed to be non-existent. What a fucking joke.

still no email going on 4 days now about my authenticator removal. Fuck this shit. holyfuck.

LordCanti

waited on the phone for 328 minutes and still no blizzard support rep picking up the phone. phone support is confirmed to be non-existent. What a fucking joke.

still no email going on 4 days now about my authenticator removal. Fuck this shit. holyfuck.

You kept a phone connection going for five and a half hours?

I need to switch to whichever carrier you use.

it was vonage. lol

all i want to do is just play this game....god

I...I hope it was a cordless at least.

Sooooooo I bid on something, then decided I wanted to buy it out. In total, with the gold on my character and what I bid, there is enough to buyout, but not on my character alone, and so I got an error when I tried (I figured this would happen, but tried anyway =P). However, now the auction has me as "Not Winning" despite being the current bid, as well as having a higher max bid. Searching for similar situations leads me to believe I'm fucked, but has anyone dealt with something like this?

Fixed1979

Dude they never got back to me either, no email or anything. Tried calling, couldn't get through. Was getting super pissed off, then for whatever reason I tried logging into Battle.net 3 days later and my authenticator was removed and my ticket was answered...

Worth a try if you haven't already...they actually did it in less than 12 hours of me sending my request.

ari

Banned
Dude they never got back to me either, no email or anything. Tried calling, couldn't get through. Was getting super pissed off, then for whatever reason I tried logging into Battle.net 3 days later and my authenticator was removed and my ticket was answered...

Worth a try if you haven't already...they actually did it in less than 12 hours of me sending my request.

still haven't been removed. :(

i'll try tomorrow. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom