• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

balddemon

Banned
^^What are you passives?

man u know what sucks. i usually go to bed around 2 after playing diablo 3. well i went to bed at 1230 last night and was reading this thread and all i wanted to do was play diablo 3 lol. i went to sleep instead but still. i just wanted to play d3. it felt weird being in bed so early.

Revoh

Man I know I've said it already, but I freaking LOVE this new build I'm running on Barbarian.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WkYVUg!!acZcZZ

With Sprint / Run Like the Wind I just never die. Did 3 Whimsyshire runs with this last night and while everyone else was dying over and over to illusionist horse champions I stayed alive for the entire time, never dying once. Later I killed a total of like 20 flowers and bears solo.

Is that the double tornado build that some guy discovered a few weeks ago? I've tried it one time but I couldn't keep my fury loaded while using WW and Sprint and when that happens the build is useless.
It's really fun though

eek5

Is that the double tornado build that some guy discovered a few weeks ago? I've tried it one time but I couldn't keep my fury loaded while using WW and Sprint and when that happens the build is useless.
It's really fun though

You need to add battle rage>into the fray with 40%+ crit chance to keep it going forever.

LegoDad

Man I know I've said it already, but I freaking LOVE this new build I'm running on Barbarian.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WkYVUg!!acZcZZ

With Sprint / Run Like the Wind I just never die. Did 3 Whimsyshire runs with this last night and while everyone else was dying over and over to illusionist horse champions I stayed alive for the entire time, never dying once. Later I killed a total of like 20 flowers and bears solo.

What do you do, just run around the mobs, which will create tornadoes and kill.. or you use that as an escape mechanism, and let the tornado do damage and LOH..

rCIZZLE

helm2q.png

Alright price experts, I need a little help. The res are low but high dex and decent vit with a socket seem to make this (hopefully) attractive to somebody. What would you guys price this at? AH doesn't have many like this so it's hard to really find a price.

gibbering gemstone...fuck it fuckit

If you end up finding it mind letting me loot for 50k? I retardedly tossed my staff at some point so I've been trying to piece it together all day. Still need gemstone and rainbow.

It's really fun though

No i only have tornado from sprint. This is a pure tanking build with an additional ass saver that heals you and damages the enemy at the same time.

Passives are Superstition, NoS, TaN

What do you do, just run around the mobs, which will create tornadoes and kill.. or you use that as an escape mechanism, and let the tornado do damage and LOH..

I basically just play the way i always play (run into the middle of 100 mobs and attack) but when i get low i hit sprint and circle the enemies until full / repeat.

Its great for when you cant revenge fast enough to save you and for whittling down enormous packs of enemies safely. Seems like it will be amazing against Siegebreaker too

Usually by the time my fury is out, Threatening Shout or Warcry is up again. Or when i see revenge light up, ground somp / revenge / attack for a few seconds to get back to full fury.

Again though, this is just a secondary ability. 90% of my damage still comes from Frenzy / Sidearm and Revenge, and I only use this when I'm low on HP and all my cooldowns are down. Or when there's too many mobs (Swift Skull Cleavers come in packs of 20+ in the Keeps, for example)

helm2q.png

Alright price experts, I need a little help. The res are low but high dex and decent vit with a socket seem to make this (hopefully) attractive to somebody. What would you guys price this at? AH doesn't have many like this so it's hard to really find a price.

8m in game gold minimum, 10m buyout minimum. Sockets and that much dex are hard to come by, much less with vit+all resist (even if it isn't a lot).

I've been trying to replace my helm for over a week to get something with a socket for more vitality and it's a HUGE pain to do so. Super expensive.

rCIZZLE

8m in game gold minimum, 10m buyout minimum. Sockets and that much dex are hard to come by, much less with vit+all resist (even if it isn't a lot).

I've been trying to replace my helm for over a week to get something with a socket for more vitality and it's a HUGE pain to do so. Super expensive.

kreygasm.png

I initially was thinking it'd only go for like 2m max. Definitely brings my spirits up after accidentally tossing that damn staff.

LegoDad

I basically just play the way i always play (run into the middle of 100 mobs and attack) but when i get low i hit sprint and circle the enemies until full / repeat.

Its great for when you cant revenge fast enough to save you and for whittling down enormous packs of enemies safely. Seems like it will be amazing against Siegebreaker too

Usually by the time my fury is out, Threatening Shout or Warcry is up again. Or when i see revenge light up, ground somp / revenge / attack for a few seconds to get back to full fury.

Again though, this is just a secondary ability. 90% of my damage still comes from Frenzy / Sidearm and Revenge, and I only use this when I'm low on HP and all my cooldowns are down. Or when there's too many mobs (Swift Skull Cleavers come in packs of 20+ in the Keeps, for example)

May have to try this, because yes for packs of 50, i don't want to kite 3-5 each time, i wanna jump in and destroy them like a barb should do, so i could sprint around for a sec, get the tornado up and go back to attacking after the stomp.. sounds like a good plan and not a lame way of fighting.

DSmalls84

whaa??? how much int/vit/crit dmg? I might be interested for 100k

I'll have to check when I get home. I believe the stats were in the 50's so they are not high end but it's almost like I can't even give them away. Either way if they don't sell when the current auction ends i'll be more than happy to sell them for cheap.

DSmalls84

Also meant to ask any Wizards if there is any kind of market for shields?
I found a shield with Int/Vit,50 all resist, and crit chance increase. Seemed like it would be pretty solid if anyone actually uses a shield.

I would not pay anywhere close to that for the helm. Has zero LPSS and the resistences are super low. Yeah the dex is high and it has some vit, but not anywhere near enough resists.

I'm a monk though so, maybe not a good person to ask.

Just found this recently, but I can't find anything similar on AH due to needing to search for too many stats. I really wish the AH had more filters to use.

0TU0z.jpg

May have to try this, because yes for packs of 50, i don't want to kite 3-5 each time, i wanna jump in and destroy them like a barb should do, so i could sprint around for a sec, get the tornado up and go back to attacking after the stomp.. sounds like a good plan and not a lame way of fighting.

I haven't tried this outside of Whimsyshire yet, so I can't comment on act 3 viability. Some of the corridors are tighter there so it changes things. But then again it could just make it better since it means things have to run through my tornadoes. But on the other hand it sometimes means you can't circle very well. Anyway will have to try it

I will say that I used this build on Diablo (Inferno) and it was great. The hardest part about that fight are his adds, and this really saved the day on his adds.

Totakeke

helm2q.png

I sold something really similar, without socket and the res all basically, for 2.5mil.

kreygasm.png

I initially was thinking it'd only go for like 2m max. Definitely brings my spirits up after accidentally tossing that damn staff.

Actually hold up-I noted it doesn't have crit chance (I thought it did for some reason).

Defintiely half that value then. Crit chance is pretty highly prized and is necessary for those premiums.

Still should get a few million for it.

rCIZZLE

I would not pay anywhere close to that for the helm. Has zero LPSS and the resistences are super low. Yeah the dex is high and it has some vit, but not anywhere near enough resists.

I'm a monk though so, maybe not a good person to ask.

What would be your best estimate for something like that? Especially a low end one so I have an idea of a starting bid.

GJS

It won't go for 8mil, 19 all resist isn't worth that much.

There are similar helms sitting on the AH unsold.

What would be your best estimate for something like that? Especially a low end one so I have an idea of a starting bid.

The 19 resists are a low point honestly. I would ask a DH who's not as concerened with resists / durability. The dex IS really nice and the Vitality is nice too. Could be a good MF helm.

I don't want to toss you a price bceause I feel like I'm sorta negative. Just giveing you a perpective. I would not pay 1m for it..

I'm cheap though ...

alexel

helm2q.png

If you end up finding it mind letting me loot for 50k? I retardedly tossed my staff at some point so I've been trying to piece it together all day. Still need gemstone and rainbow.

I sold something really similar, without socket and the res all basically, for 2.5mil.

Wow, people paying 8mil for this seriously? I paid 8mil for Andariel's Helm with similar dex, slightly lower vit (I think 40 vit), 3.0 crit hit chance, and maxed out attack speed stat a couple days ago. I would do a quick search on the AH with the key modifiers that people will care about on that helm (dex, vit, socket). That resist all is a bit low to be really worth anything and I would be shocked if people are paying more than 2 mil for that type of helm.

LegoDad

Not really. Boots have a high DEX cap (220+). Main stats on boots a DH would want are DEX (200+), movement speed, and MF.

Is there a website that tells us the cap of each item.. Was trying to load up on the the highest of a single item on each part of my barb to make it cheaper and more viable so I could maybe at least farm Act 3. This would be plenty helpful.

alexel

Not really. Boots have a high DEX cap (220+). Main stats on boots a DH would want are DEX (200+), movement speed, and MF.

MF is never a stat used in min/maxing so I wouldn't say that's ideal itemization. I almost view MF as a separate category especially as it's split between two groups of people. One group would like those boots you pictured as they wear them full time. Then you have the other group that only swaps MF in on kill who wouldn't ever buy those since they'll be way more expensive than what they need them for.

Perfect DH boots to me would be, 200+ dex, as much vitality as possible, 70+ resist all, 12% movement speed, and then you can throw whatever other things you like on there as well.

Ferrio

Banned
Is there a website that tells us the cap of each item.. Was trying to load up on the the highest of a single item on each part of my barb to make it cheaper and more viable so I could maybe at least farm Act 3. This would be plenty helpful.

No idea, I just know about the boots for DH from personal experience.

MF is never a stat used in min/maxing so I wouldn't say that's ideal itemization. I almost view MF as a separate category especially as it's split between two groups of people. One group would like those boots you pictured as they wear them full time. Then you have the other group that only swaps MF in on kill who wouldn't ever buy those since they'll be way more expensive than what they need them for.

Perfect DH boots to me would be, 200+ dex, as much vitality as possible, 70+ resist all, 12% movement speed, and then you can throw whatever other things you like on there as well.

It can be if you're glass cannon. I have 100%MF on my gear, and do fine in act 4.

TommyT

Playing the AH is like playing a mind game. If you have an item that is 7m starting and 8m buyout (which personally I think anyone paying anything near that for the helm is an idiot) then that's a really large barrier to entry. If you have a starting bid of something like 1m (for this scenario) you will get a bite relatively soon. Then someone will see there's a bid, and bid themselves. This repeats a cycle because people will see they've been outbid and will want to compete. Eventually, someone will just say "Fuck it, I don't want to waste anymore time" and buyout the item.

Now don't get me wrong, people have the gold to blow and do this quite often of just buying an item out. However I've had far more luck with lower (reasonable) starting bids bringing in more successful sells.

My current non glass-cannon grinding DH. I'm happy with the stats currently as a base to build up from. My next big purchase would have to a weapon which will still be hard to come by (as mine has 936dps, +92% crit hit damage, dex, and 3% life steal). I'm sure Scy won't like that I'm not doing the 10:1 rule, however I like the survivability and I'm still playing around with the skills.

I've got some non IAS rings that have quite nice stats on them, however I'm finding in the current patch this is a very nice setup. Kills quite fast, survives very well, and is a great farming char. All that is really left is to upgrade while maintaining; like +move speed to boots, +crit %, 2k+ dex, etc.

rCIZZLE

I thought it had crit for some reason (mentioned in another post). Yeah, 8m is WAY too much w/o crit. 1-2m seems more reasonable.

:( Ya I listed it at 2m with a 4m buyout earlier. Not too many comparable helms that such a buyout isn't unobtainable given the right buyer. Even if it goes at 2m I'm fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom