• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSmalls84

Also meant to ask any Wizards if there is any kind of market for shields?
I found a shield with Int/Vit,50 all resist, and crit chance increase. Seemed like it would be pretty solid if anyone actually uses a shield.

Just wanted to see if any of you guys have any info?

Vodh

Woot!!!

Got the damn Chiltara to spawn!

I'm on EU, Vodh#2936

Got 3 spots, charging
zero gold, <3 GAF
, add me if you want in. Gonna wait for 15 minutes or until party is full.

Also did anyone ever make D3 avatars for the earlier OT's? Been looking for some sweet D3 Avatars but haven't really found any.

Check the second post in OT1 or OT2 linked near the top of the OP. There were a lot that were used, though I think some people have stopped using ones they picked up at this point.

Woot!!!

I'm on EU, Vodh#2936

Got 3 spots, charging
zero gold, <3 GAF

That was the hardest one for me too. The plans dropped on my second run. The liquid rainbow took a while too.

How do demon hunters gear for inferno? Just leveled one to assist my monk.

Any res? I spent 300k on attack speed, dex, and vit nightmare/hell leveling gear and my stats for act 1 inferno are currently:

25k dps without sharpshooter
37k hp
1.8k armor
1324 dex
22 resistance
0 life on hit

TommyT

Any res? I spent 300k on attack speed, dex, and vit nightmare/hell leveling gear and my stats for act 1 inferno are currently:

37k hp
1.8k armor
1324 dex
22 resistance
0 life on hit

Check the previous page for my gear. I just went through A3 again with no problem. Not really interested in A4 progression until some friends catch up.

Going from your stats, you'll be 1 shot pretty much. The DPS isn't bad at all, maintaining that though you should get to 3k armor and 300 all resists asap. At that point, for A1 you won't really need to maintain the 37k hp. You will for A2 though, and A3 you'll need to go up a bit more to avoid guaranteed 1-shots from quite a few (dare I say most) mobs.

edit: This is for non glass cannon obviously.

Vodh

37k hp
1.8k armor
1324 dex
22 resistance
0 life on hit

You will ideally want more dps, don't worry if you have to sacrifice HP. Armor seems a bit low-ish too. I wouldn't worry too much about the resists for act 1, it's got pretty easy mobs - just get some 100k bow or 2handed crossbow, squeeze some more dex out and you'll be good to go. You should actually do just fine with those stats too I think, but more dps won't hurt.

Vodh

Check the previous page for my gear. I just went through A3 again with no problem. Not really interested in A4 progression until some friends catch up.

Going from your stats, you'll be 1 shot pretty much. The DPS isn't bad at all, maintaining that though you should get to 3k armor and 300 all resists asap. At that point, for A1 you won't really need to maintain the 37k hp. You will for A2 though, and A3 you'll need to go up a bit more to avoid guaranteed 1-shots from quite a few (dare I say most) mobs.

edit: This is for non glass cannon obviously.

How high is your dps without sharpshooter?

You are like the fourth or fifth of us to do this, welcome to the club!

My suggestion:

- get a decent bow or xbow. Something in the 1-2m range if you can afford it, but if you can't then at least farm up 500k on your monk. This is the most important thing.
- get a cloak with +max discipline and a quiver with +max discipline, dex,and (if you can) some crit chance.
- blue jewelry is the king of starter gear. 60 dex/15 ias rings and an amulet that has 90-ish dex+40 crit damage will last you a long time and is dirt cheap.
- 12% movement speed boots w/ dex. MUST HAVE because without them you will die more than you are already about to die, which is going to be a lot for the first 30-50 hours playing the character.
- gloves - if you get crit chance+crit damage and moderate dex instead of attack speed, it's cheaper and probably more bang for the buck provided you go the above two rings I mentioned.

most everything else is dex first and then vitality and resists. Unless you have a large bankroll you can't build a DH that can take more than one hit in act 3 without a sizeable outlay of cash and still put out good DPS.

neoism

Woot!!!

I'm on EU, Vodh#2936

Got 3 spots, charging
zero gold, <3 GAF

haahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa did fucking 50 runs this morning.... nothing :( fix your game BLIZZ

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I still cant do inferno act III on my monk -

Fully buffed -

19250 DPS
19% Crit
+130% Crit Damage
1.81 APS

4340 Armor
33.5% Dodge
1031 All resist

30k HP (this took about a 4k hit in exchange for 180 resist)

466 Life per second
2.6% (* 0.2) Life steal
822 life per hit

Most reg mobs are fine, but like... only 1/5 rare mobs are doable.

This is a slightly new build, bumping my resist and healing in exchange for dodge and armor. I just tried doing a co-op game. HOLY FUCK. The people I was playing with were both in 1/2 blues - weapons are understandable, but for example one of them (wizard) had blue bracers that were

90 int
220 armor

TommyT

Fully buffed -

19250 DPS
19% Crit
+130% Crit Damage
1.81 APS

4340 Armor
33.5% Dodge
1031 All resist

466 Life per second
2.6% (* 0.2) Life steal
822 life per hit

This is a slightly new build, bumping my resist and healing in exchange for dodge and armor.

HP seems quite low :/. Maybe Shouta is around and can chime in as I'm pretty sure he was doing A3 relatively well.

Vodh

Just upgraded my 100dex/fuckall belt with this:

dwVqi.jpg

Cost me 500k. Sounds like a good deal? I'm a DH, eventually aiming for a tanky'ish build.

Shouta

I still cant do inferno act III on my monk

Act 3 is still pretty rough at the moment for elites. I can do them myself but the harder combinations of abilities is kind of a death-fest. Weaker sets I can just steamroll.

What skill layout are you doing?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Fully buffed -

19250 DPS
19% Crit
+130% Crit Damage
1.81 APS

4340 Armor
33.5% Dodge
1031 All resist

466 Life per second
2.6% (* 0.2) Life steal
822 life per hit

This is a slightly new build, bumping my resist and healing in exchange for dodge and armor. I just tried doing a co-op game. HOLY FUCK. The people I was playing with were both in 1/2 blues - weapons are understandable, but for example one of them (wizard) had blue bracers that were

90 int
220 armor
That seems almost ok.
I think you want a bit more damage, might want to swap around your skills.

scy

This is a slightly new build, bumping my resist and healing in exchange for dodge and armor.

In all honesty, this probably lowered your survival. You really need more Armor. Balancing Armor and Resists will do better for you in the long run than having really high Resists and low Armor. And it's probably overall cheaper (gold wise) to gear as well. For instance, 6000 Armor with 600 Resists is almost the same amount of mitigation (~90% vs ~89%).

Still, your overall stats look fairly good for the most part besides the low Dodge, though I wager you're running Healing > Time of Need for the Resists. It may just be a skill choice thing at this point.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
For my skill layout

I think a big issue is my weapons in terms of dps =/. Cant afford anything better than what I have.

RDreamer

In all honesty, this probably lowered your survival. You really need more Armor. Balancing Armor and Resists will do better for you in the long run than having really high Resists and low Armor. And it's probably overall cheaper (gold wise) to gear as well. For instance, 6000 Armor with 600 Resists is almost the same amount of mitigation (~90% vs ~89%).

Still, your overall stats look fairly good for the most part besides the low Dodge, though I wager you're running Healing > Time of Need for the Resists. It may just be a skill choice thing at this point.

Is that natural dodge that low? I've got 30% on mine, though I use the dodge rune on one of my main skills (I'm dualing mains with concussion rune on the other). I could have a lot more dodge if I switched all my sockets for dex, but then I'd lose all my Life. How in the world are you guys gearing for that much dodge and life without spending like 6 million per piece?

Fully buffed -

19250 DPS
19% Crit
+130% Crit Damage
1.81 APS

4340 Armor
33.5% Dodge
1031 All resist

466 Life per second
2.6% (* 0.2) Life steal
822 life per hit

90 int
220 armor

Looks close to my stats, actually. I have slightly less DPS (like 17,500 or so), but more armor (like 5,500). My life per hit is at a bit more (950), and life per second with the healing mantra is like 550. 32k hp here. And yeah, regular mobs are fine, but a lot of rare mobs are rape. I think part of that is just this act has some lethal monsters even without being elite. You combine those abilities with being elite and you're pretty fucked.

Do you have any other damage mitigation going on? I personally have a string of ears, and I run with concussion on one of my skills, so that lowers damage coming in by quite a bit.

90 int
220 armor

This is one thing that really sucks about the capped inferno... You can't tell when you're playing with people that are woefully under geared and terrible. At least with Diablo 2 you could see what level someone was and they wouldn't be allowed in. Granted, they could still be geared like an idiot, but you still had a good baseline. Here since gear means literally everything a level 60 could be anywhere on the spectrum from getting rolled in Act 1 to laughing like a maniac during the butcher or belial, because it's so easy. The rift between Act 3/4 inferno and coming into Act 1 is bigger than Nightmare to Hell in Diablo, I think.

Fularu

Banned
I hate Belial, while he's easy, if you have any kind of latency during P3 you're screwed... took me 3 hours to kill him :(

Never again.

Shouta

Try dabbling in a bit of evasion with a build like this

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aYgihX!ZUX!Zcacab

Evading a few more hits may make it a bit more manageable though the flame and plague pools as well as arcane sentries are still rough.

Is that natural dodge that low? I've got 30% on mine, though I use the dodge rune on one of my main skills (I'm dualing mains with concussion rune on the other). I could have a lot more dodge if I switched all my sockets for dex, but then I'd lose all my Life. How in the world are you guys gearing for that much dodge and life without spending like 6 million per piece?

2000 dex = 40% Dodge

I sacrificed a bit in Resists (660 or so right now) to get my dex up that high. Can fiddle around with your gear until you're comfortable though. Act 3 and 4 deal too much damage and even with high resists, it's pretty difficult to mitigate that much and heal it. Dodging totally negates it so dodging most, mitigating and healing the rest is the idea.

Won

Going back to Act 1 Inferno and standing in the middle of a pack of elites is pretty fascinating. They just can't kill you anymore. Weak!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Well, sold most my gear on the RMAH and made out good. Anyway, being naked was not fun so I decided to gear up enough to do Act 1 for now and when 1.0.3 comes along. Went down from almost 70k dps to 30k for a grand total of < $20, less than my cheapest piece of gear went for. Feel gimped as fuck doing less than half the dps I used to but I can still farm Act 1! P.S. Not that I'm complaining but why are people selling gear for $2 and less?

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia

The resist bonus was so tempting, considering my base resist is around 800, so I dropped my dodge. I do use cyclone strike with wall of wind for a spirit dump however.

Looks close to my stats, actually. I have slightly less DPS (like 17,500 or so), but more armor (like 5,500). My life per hit is at a bit more (950), and life per second with the healing mantra is like 550. 32k hp here. And yeah, regular mobs are fine, but a lot of rare mobs are rape. I think part of that is just this act has some lethal monsters even without being elite. You combine those abilities with being elite and you're pretty fucked.

Do you have any other damage mitigation going on? I personally have a string of ears, and I run with concussion on one of my skills, so that lowers damage coming in by quite a bit.

For damage mitigation I am using wall of wind and concussion - it helps. Spikiness is still a factor with some enemies (if I see one of those big fat dudes, I am usually kiting, very easily can 1hit me).

This is one thing that really sucks about the capped inferno... You can't tell when you're playing with people that are woefully under geared and terrible. At least with Diablo 2 you could see what level someone was and they wouldn't be allowed in. Granted, they could still be geared like an idiot, but you still had a good baseline. Here since gear means literally everything a level 60 could be anywhere on the spectrum from getting rolled in Act 1 to laughing like a maniac during the butcher or belial, because it's so easy. The rift between Act 3/4 inferno and coming into Act 1 is bigger than Nightmare to Hell in Diablo, I think.

Yeah, every group I try with is just... so poorly geared, I can't catch a break with a public group.

Try dabbling in a bit of evasion with a build like this

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aYgihX!ZUX!Zcacab

Evading a few more hits may make it a bit more manageable though the flame and plague pools as well as arcane sentries are still rough.

2000 dex = 40% Dodge

I sacrificed a bit in Resists (660 or so right now) to get my dex up that high. Can fiddle around with your gear until you're comfortable though. Act 3 and 4 deal too much damage and even with high resists, it's pretty difficult to mitigate that much and heal it. Dodging totally negates it so dodging most, mitigating and healing the rest is the idea.

I do like dodging, but I am so much less susceptible to getting one or two shotted now with my crazy high resist. Sigh. I might try some more dodge friendly builds - but I am only at 1350 or so dex, I could bump that up to 1500 with some gem switching but, I would lose SO much health. I really wish I could afford the 2-4mil pieces on the AH :(.

Also, if your soloing, always remembering to bring your companion, getting a bit of that attack speed and armor boost really helps with the enchantress (almost 2aps with 4900 armor).

edit: Hmm, if dropping damage mitigation for dodge isn't a bad idea, I wonder if dropping seize the initiative and grabbing that 15% dodge bonus for dual weilding wouldn't be a bad idea... actually I wonder how much dodge I could get if I put some real effort into it.

scy

33% unbuffed isn't that low, true. 33% fully buffed is. My Monk runs 70% buffed with nearly 5000 Armor and Resists :x

That said, I do have the same Act 3 issue on my Monk of trash is okay, some elites are okay, and then death. But, I also need to gear her better and I just haven't put in the time recently.

RDreamer

Holy crap, just changed to evasion mantra and near death experience passive and just beat a group of elites without really breaking a sweat.... well, ok, I broke a sweat, but I didn't die once, and they were elites that I'm pretty sure would have killed me at least a few times before. Think I'm going to have to continue this direction.

forrest

formerly nacire
Anyone having an issue where their RMAH completed auctions say Battle.net Balance even though paypal was the method of sale?

A little tip for those running the Secret level which probably has been mentioned. After you start to speak to the guy, walk off the screen and you won't hear him speaking anymore, walk back and the level will be open. Just found it annoying to have to wait for him and hadn't seen any way to cancel the conversation.

For the record, I really haven't found a lot there.

udca

A little tip for those running the Secret level which probably has been mentioned. After you start to speak to the guy, walk off the screen and you won't hear him speaking anymore, walk back and the level will be open. Just found it annoying to have to wait for him and hadn't seen any way to cancel the conversation.

You can also repeatedly press space bar to skip the dialog really fast

Macattk15

Or just spam spacebar and he moves through his conversation as fast as you spam it.

Works for every NPC ...

edit : BEATEN! /raises fist at udca!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
^That's a nice amulet.

I kind of wish I had my 150 int, 8.5% crit, 40 some crit damage bonus, 32% gold find amulet back that I sold for.... $75. :s One of the few pieces I've got a bit of seller's remorse with.

I spent 3 hours farming chiltara till I finally got the spawn. Was the last item I needed for my pony staff. Port back to town - find gibbering gem in my stash that I had gotten like the third day I played on my first run through.....

lawl

zoukka

lol jesus christ I have a very similar amulet and I never realised how good it was. Sniped it for a few hundred thousand.

heh checked and I found only one amulet in gold AH with matching stats and five in RMAH...

I spent 3 hours farming chiltara till I finally got the spawn. Was the last item I needed for my pony staff. Port back to town - find gibbering gem in my stash that I had gotten like the third day I played on my first run through.....

lawl

Been looking for cibbering gem for like 5 hours straight.... madness.

uHu53.jpg

So can anyone tell me what's this roughly worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom