• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bog

Junior Ace
So as a DH who wants to simply survive in Act 2+, is All Resist more important than Vitality? Already have a good dps going.

Gaf, I think I just found the worse Legendary equip ever.

pe2I2.jpg

I got you beat, heres my entry for worst legendary ever:

BVIcP.jpg

Shitty even for a level 10 weapon.

joesmokey

Diablo on Inferno difficulty finally cleared :D. Now what do I do?

Not sure that I'm strong enough to farm Siegebreaker runs yet. I can't will myself to do The Butcher runs anymore. Should I start farming Magdha/Kulle runs?

Le-mo

I got you beat, heres my entry for worst legendary ever:

BVIcP.jpg

Shitty even for a level 10 weapon.
Wow, hahaha. That makes me feel a little better. I know the feeling. Excitement then disappointment.

Diablo on Inferno difficulty finally cleared :D. Now what do I do?

Not sure that I'm strong enough to farm Siegebreaker runs yet. I can't will myself to do The Butcher runs anymore. Should I start farming Magdha/Kulle runs?

Help me beat Inferno. :p

forrest

formerly nacire
Ugh after reading some of the support stuff surrounding the RMAH I'm afraid Blizzard isn't going to let me get my sale as a cash out. :(

balddemon

Banned
dang i'm getting better at playing DH. still not very fun to play solo and have to be constantly running backwards spamming SS + caltrops + ball lit tho. which is why i'll gear up my templar i guess

Woo-Fu

Banned
Making money in diablo 3 without killing anything:

WFqIP.jpg

I made 3 million flipping sledges today. A couple tips: Change your max buyout price each time you search for new deals, if you don't change the price it won't actually give you new search results very often. Don't forget to factor in your overhead when figuring out your max buy price. I was buying at 120k max and selling at 149,999 all day.

The best part? I was making money because of an exploit without actually performing the exploit in question.

Wow, hahaha. That makes me feel a little better. I know the feeling. Excitement then disappointment.

Heh, very true. Was my first legendary and typically it dropped as soon as I took a break from my level 60 barbarian to start a monk. Since then some better ones have dropped for me (lacuni prowlers being the best) so I can laugh about it now :)

70 million? Incredibly nice weapon but at this rate I don't think I'll ever be able to spend that much on one. Blows my mind how much gold some of you have. Most I've ever had is a couple of million.

Rufus

70 million? Incredibly nice weapon but at this rate I don't think I'll ever be able to spend that much on one. Blows my mind how much gold some of you have. Most I've ever had is a couple of million.
I've yet to get a million, haha. A little more than one away from the 5 mil achievement.

TommyT

So as a DH who wants to simply survive in Act 2+, is All Resist more important than Vitality? Already have a good dps going.

Neither. Getting +20 Max Discipline.

Sigh... You can survive just fine going resistance and vit. They go hand-in-hand as mentioned earlier. 50% armor reduction, 50% all resist reduction and 30k HP will have you able to farm, let alone survive, quite well in A2. Pump that up to 40k and, iirc, nothing should be able to 1-shot you in the act. And if it can, then that rare occurrence can be avoided with use of a discipline skill.

edit: I do believe belial was hitting me with his breath for around 32k with those stats for the high end damage of that skill.

Wool

Sigh... You can survive just fine going resistance and vit. They go hand-in-hand as mentioned earlier. 50% armor reduction, 50% all resist reduction and 30k HP will have you able to farm quite well in A2. Pump that up to 40k and, iirc, nothing should be able to 1-shot you in the act. And if it can, then that rare occurrence can be avoided with use of a discipline skill.

It can be done that way, but it's more difficult than getting more discipline. Didn't you have 90K damage when you posted your stats? I could see that making a lot of things viable.

zoukka

Making money in diablo 3 without killing anything:

WFqIP.jpg

I made 3 million flipping sledges today. A couple tips: Change your max buyout price each time you search for new deals, if you don't change the price it won't actually give you new search results very often. Don't forget to factor in your overhead when figuring out your max buy price. I was buying at 120k max and selling at 149,999 all day.

The best part? I was making money because of an exploit without actually performing the exploit in question.

Why are people buying this item? The movement speed bonus?

Fularu

Banned
Jesus I'm getting destroyed in Act III by regular white mobs o_O No need to mention the elites, they one shot me

And here I thought Act II was hard... lol

TommyT

It can be done that way, but it's more difficult than getting more discipline. Didn't you have 90K damage when you posted your stats? I could see that making a lot of things viable.

Sure, getting the +disc is far easier and cheaper. However dieing in 1 shot because you ran out of disc and having that happen over and over and over again might not be how some people want to play. My point being was that there is more than one way to play a DH. They reply I quoted makes it seem there isn't (which he does often).

That was with SS active.

edit: fwiw I'd say farming act 1 for gear/money is far less difficult than going the blow-disc-to-avoid-damage route. That's just how I prefer to play though.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Why are people buying this item? The movement speed bonus?
If you drop them on the ground monsters can't path through them. Same bug that was on boneweave hauberks at one point.

You setup a glitch point in your farming area with a line of them then pull the elites to them so that they get stuck and then you kill them safely from range. Can do the same thing to trap annoying bosses like The Butcher or Siegebreaker.

They hotfixed the hauberk relatively quickly. I suspect these will get the same treatment within a day or two. Until then their market value is going to steadily increase. They were 10-80k this morning. Now they're almost 200k.

inky

Jesus I'm getting destroyed in Act III by regular white mobs o_O No need to mention the elites, they one shot me

And here I thought Act II was hard... lol

Indeed. I can get some 3/4 NV stacks with luck and careful play, but it's not worth it. On my way to raising the 3rd catapult there is always one or two champ packs that are absolutely impossible for me. Pretty much gave up on Act III until the patch, unless I can conjure up 40 million in the next couple of weeks. Selling my Stormshield and 650 LoH amulet didn't help either, lol. Speaking of, crazy how SS prices have inflated due to the RMAH. I bought mine for 5.5 million, and really crappy ones were as low as 2 million. One with about the same stats is now 10 million+. Crazy shit.

So anybody inferno acts II-IV with a monk without spending 10+ million on gear?
Monk here currently a few quests through Act III. I've never had anywhere near that much gold. It looks like I would have to spend well over that to upgrade my monk enough to clear the content and make it through Act III-IV (unless I just skip everything and go to the bosses...which I will not do)

Fularu

Banned
Indeed. I can get some 3/4 NV stacks with luck and careful play, but it's not worth it. On my way to raising the 3rd catapult there is always one or two champ packs that are absolutely impossible for me. Pretty much gave up on Act III until the patch, unless I can conjure up 40 million in the next couple of weeks. Selling my Stormshield and 650 LoH amulet didn't help either, lol. Speaking of, crazy how SS prices have inflated due to the RMAH. I bought mine for 5.5 million, and really crappy ones were as low as 2 million. One with about the same stats is now 10 million+. Crazy shit.

Trying to make a set with 1k resist all, 1k loh and 50k hp would probably cost me more than 50 million gold. Yeah, not happening

I'll have to wait for 1.03 :(

TommyT

That one hander is easily worth 150m+

At that point you might as well just sell it on ebay. Assuming a $4/million gold ratio that would be $600. :lol and I forget the stats on that one that was being sold in the UK but yeah, should just take the money and run!

RDreamer

So anybody inferno acts II-IV with a monk without spending 10+ million on gear?

Act 2 can likely be done without having 10 million in gear. 3, though? Probably not. IV? You're going to need waaaaay more than that, unless you came across some really good stuff.

Personally I've never had more than like 3.5 million on me at a time. I usually upgrade something when I get even close to that high. I'm not sure what all my stuff is worth, though, but probably 15-20 million, and I can barely get a grip in Act 3. If you count how much I actually spent on my gear, though it'd probably be much closer to 10 than 20, since stuff like my string of ears was purchased for 88k.

Neki

you need to start wheeling n dealing on forums. be surprised what people will sell "150m" items for. AH is the last fucking place I look to get stuff. everybody is greedy as fuck on that shit.

I'm talking about a place like D2JSP, it'd still be worth a lot on a place like that, at least a 100m. If you find better weapons, by all means, buy it and flip it on the AH, because people will buy it for that much on the AH. :p

syllogism

you need to start wheeling n dealing on forums. be surprised what people will sell "150m" items for. AH is the last fucking place I look to get stuff. everybody is greedy as fuck on that shit.
Like where? I've been looking for weapon upgrades on d2jsp and even bnet trading forums for quite a while but no one has amazing 1hers.

thespot84

Monk here currently a few quests through Act III. I've never had anywhere near that much gold. It looks like I would have to spend well over that to upgrade my monk enough to clear the content and make it through Act III-IV (unless I just skip everything and go to the bosses...which I will not do)

I'm at the end of act 1 with my monk, retooled for LoH at the expense of DPS and I still can't hit shit in act II, seriously considering rerolling as a WD at this point...

Vodh

Looking for someone who would kindly kill azmodan on inferno for me (EU). I'm dirt poor, got 66k atm, but willing to pay all that and more in flexible rates lol... Vodh#2936

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom