• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danj

I was never going to do anything with this stuff, its sort of surreal to see people paying 10 per piece though. Im nearly out of stuff and have a shitload more inventory space now, and a bunch of blizzbucks /shrug. I havent sold anything extremely expensive though, just 5 - 10 bucks at a time.

Now where the fuck is 1.03.

This will be my strategy as well, sell lots of stuff for a couple of quid which is a price point much more likely to attract impulse buys. Even if only 1 item in 10 sells at all, it'll still accumulate a bit after a while.

Ferrio

Banned
Ya nothing sold so far, I overpriced a lot. But I didn't wanna sell my own gear cheap, not to mention I don't feel like playing the flipping game (don't have the time right now).

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
And so it begins...

p6eJR.png

TazDW.png

dLMN8R

Is there a minimum price an item can sell for? I can't believe people are actually paying $5-$15 for this shit.

Sothpaw

Finally parity in online rpgs for the working professional. After spending many years being a second class citizen in online rpgs compared to kids with all day to farm, I can't wait to get home and be uber geared for once. I somehow managed to take down Inferno Belial without much farming at all...but now Azmodan and Diablo are going down.

CSX

Heres the money my friend has made so far through RMAH

belt for $27

ring for $92

shoulders for 30

1h sword for 17.50

says this will be his full time job. hes aiming for 25-30 a hour

been playing friendless too... anyone wanna. :): P Not in infero yet still going through Hell Act 1 I'm trying to make it to 60 before Act 2 but I think that will take too long....

neoism#1506

Sent you an add! I'm about 50/50 solo/group right now, but early Hell is where I'm spending most of my time at the moment

lol man some people are in for a pretty hard letdown

Jackl

High prices won't remain forever, this is like the starting day for an IPO because all demand in pent up into one session. Insta-buyers everywhere.

Danj

belt for $27

ring for $92

shoulders for 30

1h sword for 17.50

This gold rush period can't last though, can it... can it? (please last until tomorrow when EU RMAH goes up, I wanna make bank too).

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Whelp, quiting until 1.03 or for good.

Can't get any upgrades in act 2. Picking a melee class and starting late made me miss out on good farming options for progression and rmah. I hate auction houses in general. Just not having fun.

Is anyone's Paypals working on their account? I just connected mine, but it doesn't say it's connected in game so I can't start an auction.

LordCanti

belt for $27

ring for $92

shoulders for 30

1h sword for 17.50

It won't last. Everyone will get home from their jobs, and this insanity will end.

For now it's incredible though.

RDreamer

I'm just hoping to get some capital enough to play the RMAH a bit and get back my 60 bucks. After that I really don't give a crap.

belt for $27

ring for $92

shoulders for 30

1h sword for 17.50

He's going to need a lot more computers and some chinese farmer auto-buy at $XXX then relist tech for that. I'm guessing the people who will end up making real money on the RMAH will be heavily scripted up for buy-low-sell-high, with dozens of accounts going at a time.

LordCanti

I was getting a drink, when I heard that tell-tale "DING!" noise. I sprinted back to my computer, hoping it was one of my $50 items. Nope...it was a $5 axe. My total is now $105.

$5 is $5. Think how much money Blizzard must be making right now.

what about Paypal?

What do we think the Paypal/Blizzard buck ratio is? Probably way more Blizzard bucks (which Bliz takes a cut of and not paypal), right?

Still, point taken. Everyone is making money.

darkwing

I was getting a drink, when I heard that tell-tale "DING!" noise. I sprinted back to my computer, hoping it was one of my $50 items. Nope...it was a $5 axe. My total is now $105.

$5 is $5. Think how much money Blizzard must be making right now.

what about Paypal?

blackflag

Good grief, can't believe people re actually paying so much money for stuff. Market probably gonna crash before I even find anything worth selling.

Sothpaw

In today's environment you generally have to monetize games to justify the cost of constant updates/balance patches. The rmah really is a great idea and as long as it succeeds we can expect more updates/expansions to keep people playing.

creid

I haven't been keeping up - are they still intending on putting up the "Starter Edition" on June 14?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
In today's environment you generally have to monetize games to justify the cost of constant updates/balance patches. The rmah really is a great idea and as long as it succeeds we can expect more updates/expansions to keep people playing.

We aren't really going to get updates like on WoW, we'll be getting updates to make the game come out of beta.

Expansions you have to pay for regardless.

LordCanti

Anyone else annoyed that they sold anything of value for gold? I can remember two or three OP 1 handers I sold that would be making me stacks of cash right now if I still had them. What did I need that few mil each for anyway? :p

Man, fuck them for going with Paypal. They offer the worst "service".

Believe me, I'll fully ready for them to lock my account for "suspicious activity" until such time that I give them all my personal info (including SSN).

Servers must be battered as I never received the countless Paypal verify codes I sent and re-sent. I'm so far behind everyone else (only lvl 33 and 1/4 through Act 1 on Nightmare) so I probably won't make any significant money yet...

Insaniac

so with the RMAH active can we expect to a drop in gold-priced items as the highest end items start getting sold on the RMAH?

Chittagong

Gold Member
Two questions, unrelated

- what kind of hourage / levels does one need to put in for a realistic chance of selling, say, twenty bucks items

- I am level 40, Chapter 2 on the second difficulty. I haven't found or been sold or offered crafted any armor or weapons worth a damn in the last 5 levels at least. Have Blizzard killed acquiring items in game entirely?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
"Pre-paid mobile phones cannot be used for this service. Please enter a different mobile telephone number and try again."

GFG boost/blizzard

God dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom