• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I am projecting a shitstorm of epic proportions when people realize they can't convert their amassed BlizzardBucks into real money (without going through another auction, anyway)

Can BlizzardBucks be used to buy things on the RMAH?

Can I just say that I love that Blizzard's final solution to chinese gold farmers was to basically turn us all into chinese gold farmers.

This market is going to crash like a motherfucker.

You realize what happens when people buy low and sell for inflated prices in an economy, right?

eek5

Seems like people are buying out weapons from GAH and listing on RMAH. I'm noticing a significant drop in DPS for LoH/STR weapons. Been browsing trying to find a good cold damage one and I used to have to go 4 pages deep to get to the 800s but they're on the front page now.

This market is going to crash like a motherfucker.

You realize what happens when people buy low and sell for inflated prices in an economy, right?

It's definitely going to crash. The reason the prices are high right now is because there is really no established usd->gold exchange rate since the commodities are down. Once that comes back up people paying real money can compare prices/exchange between the two auction houses and make much better purchases.

LiK

lol, account got locked cuz of suspicious activity. i think it was because i kept trying to create an auction but it wouldn't send me my security codes. was able to unlock it again since i had SMS and Authenticator connected to it.

if people didn't initially put it up as paypal item, then it'll go straight to battle.net bucks which can't be converted to real money

It can't? Why would it be tied to RMAH then? I initially didnt set paypal because I thought I could send the blizzard bucks to my paypal. Fuck...well I set the prices really high so hopefully no one buys anything.

Alright. :(

I saw a 30% SS go for $55... Couldn't do anything about it.... :'[

And... there we go, I'm done flipping for now. I started the day by purchasing 2 items for under $5 each with my credit card. Have to keep the price really small or it goes into processing and takes an unknown amount of time to get your money. I don't know what the cutoff is, but one time I got risky and bought a $15 item thinking I'd flip it for $50 and I'm not getting the item yet.

But just based of the proceeds of those first 2 sales I did probably 15 small transactions in total, my b.net balance got up to just over $100 and I just bought a 30% stormshield with like 66 all resist and 5% reduction from elites for $99. There was a 30% one for cheaper but this one had slightly better stats and it was all free money anyway, lol

Not sure how long before this ship sails lol, but at least maybe I can safely farm act 3 on my own and just sell items I find instead of having to do the stupid act 2 goblin.

It can't? Why would it be tied to RMAH then? I initially didnt set paypal because I thought I could send the blizzard bucks to my paypal. Fuck...well I set the prices really high so hopefully no one buys anything.

It's tied to RMAH because they want you to spend it there. Any other option for that "cash" is just window dressing.

Wool

This fucking game. It's all about making $ and not about having fun anymore.

My sentiments exactly. 5 pages into OT4 and literally everyone is talking about money and not game play. It seems like a lot of people have the "I'll just make my $60 back" mindset, which makes no sense to me. Lets say you have to play the game for 30 hours (a low estimate) to get enough gear totaling $60 on RMAH. That's you getting paid $2 an hour. Even if you made $7.50 an hour working at McDonalds you could buy the game working a single 8 hour shift.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I am projecting a shitstorm of epic proportions when people realize they can't convert their amassed BlizzardBucks into real money (without going through another auction, anyway)

It doesn't help that it defaults your money to go to Blizzbucks. I make sure to change it to Paypal each time, but I can see how one could easily forget when listing multiple items.

Ichabod

Banned
I foresee a spike in heart attack rates for some parents once the next round of credit card bills come rolling in next month.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
This fucking game. It's all about making $ and not about having fun anymore.
Yep. For blizz, normal players, botters, and chinese farmers alike. That's why I quit until 1.03 or for good.

I blame auction house progression mostly. I could live with people making money if we all didn't have to rely on the gold AH.

eek5

Depending on how much the transaction fee for selling gold is, it might not be a huge deal to convert blizzbucks into gold and then back into USD.

Artanisix

Of course people are going to be talking about the RMAH, it just came out.

I still find this game lots and lots of fun. It's also fun making money playing a game I enjoy.

syko de4d

need a pricecheck for my items before the EU RMAH Start :D

pricecheckz.jpg

LegoDad

My sentiments exactly. 5 pages into OT4 and literally everyone is talking about money and not game play. It seems like a lot of people have the "I'll just make my $60 back" mindset, which makes no sense to me. Lets say you have to play the game for 30 hours (a low estimate) to get enough gear totaling $60 on RMAH. That's you getting paid $2 an hour. Even if you made $7.50 an hour working at McDonalds you could buy the game working a single 8 hour shift.

Yeah, but I enjoy playing this game, over working at McDonalds or anywhere.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Just sold a mediocre 900 dps wep for $60. 4 sales so far totaling $165. Still waiting on someone to buy the high stuff. =/

Even so, D3 has made me going on $1k in dollars and steam games so far. As much as I hate you, I love you.

eek5

Because it's new. If 1.0.3 came out today all I'd be talking about is drop rates from A1/2, new game balance and enemy AI/behavior.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Just sold a mediocre 900 dps wep for $60. 4 sales so far totaling $165. Still waiting on someone to buy the high stuff. =/

Even so, D3 has made me going on $1k in dollars and steam games so far. As much as I hate you, I love you.

Fuck what the

Of course people are going to be talking about the RMAH, it just came out.

I still find this game lots and lots of fun. It's also fun making money playing a game I enjoy.

Seriously, give it a couple of days to calm down guys. The RMAH is not an omnipresent, unavoidable fun vacuum.

I still think it's just gonna be a place to buy gold. Not even the very best stuff will pop up on RMAH once they turn commodity sales back on (thanks to the price cap). I give it a week before this transformation is fully complete.

Anyone been getting weird graphical bugs since the patch? Farming at the spot right before Azmodan and suddenly my Demon Hunter is a black male with short hair. When I returned to town everything was normal, though. Wish I took a screencap right on the spot, but I kinda freaked out, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom