• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
5JB6v.jpg

What do you think GAF, did I finally hit it big?

Any ring, amulet with IAS will go on AH for a couple bucks at least.

Just got Staff of Herding Hell all together, thanks ne0ism, but I'm kind of undergeared for it. Have to get some upgrades.

YEah it's pretty crazy I don't use any WOTB or any long cooldown skills anymore. Always stomping, revenge, shouting, and then sprinting around group.. My DPS is way too low to affect Elites.. it's my biggest hurdle. weapons cost too much, and I had nothing good drop in Act 3..

Thus why I was going to go for Inferno Pony Land farming, a group of friends has hell staff, just trying to get to the plans in Act IV, well is not working. lol

Inferno pony makes act 3 look like a walk in the park. It's seriously rough without a crazy geared group. Honestly, your best off farming act 2 for upgrades or gold.

If you are having trouble in a3, then pony will just make you quit

Otoh, if you can kill elites in a3 or know of an easily farmable chest, that's your best bet. You need probably 18k dps and 55k+ hp before you should even think about ponies, and even then it's no joke

forrest

formerly nacire
Any DH's here taken down Diablo in Inferno solo? Best attempt I've gotten in was killing the 2nd add and getting close to the 3rd one...

I have dick for resists, total glass cannon, so I'm not even sure it would be possible for me outside of everything going perfect for me. The mechanics make no sense to me, sometimes he won't teleport on me for a long time, then other times he teleports 4-5 times in a matter of seconds forcing me to blow all of my SS's. :(

I really wanna beat him before they nerf Inferno, tried with a Wiz who has beaten him solo & a Barb and the DH one shot everyone in the shadow phase, lol.

I've beaten Diablo solo on my DH in Inferno. Teleports only occur when you get close to an edge. This includes the holes on the platform in phase 1 and 3 and the cracks on the ground in phase 2. Keep a nice distance from the edges to prevent all teleporting. This trick alone is what helped me beat it.

Phase 2 - You know what you have to do...play it perfect. Pop your Smoke Screen for the adds and either burn them down if you have the dps in one SS or get them off screen and start kiting with Hungering Arrow spam.

The first time I cleared phase 2 I beat the encounter. Phase 3 is the same as 1 for the most part.

LordCanti

The clones will disappear after a time. No need to fight them (as a DH anyway).

SS when they spawn, and use vault + tumble (or whichever one lowers the discipline cost) to escape.

LegoDad

Inferno pony makes act 3 look like a walk in the park. It's seriously rough without a crazy geared group. Honestly, your best off farming act 2 for upgrades or gold.

If you are having trouble in a3, then pony will just make you quit

I wasn't having issues in Act 3.. just took forever to progress cause i do so little damage.. so I just had a DH friend come in and we would annihilate.. and skip crazy elite combos... soul reaper with invulnerable minions..

I've been in Inferno Pony Land and I didn't think it was that bad.. though again I was with a DH for DPS.

I don't even know how I'm going to get 18k DPS on my barb. I'm at 5.3k ish right now.. and to keep my Vit up.. it just gets crazy expensive..and nothing drops that I can use.

Good god what do I have to do to find an upgrade. Went through the entirety of Act 3 without seeing one. The itemization in this game is balls terrible, the friggin greys and whites regularly have much better dps than the blues and rares I find. (500+ vs like 200, 500 if I am super lucky)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I love how I can just toss junk rares up on the Australian store, and see what sticks. Sure, only 1 in 8 sell, but I am now 1 AUD richer.

Now one in Mexico seems to want my junk rares though.

inky

I ran with 1100/9k/20%... and 5.3k DPS, I recommend at least 10k DPS.

How much Life on Hit (if any) did you have? I ran with 1100 resists, ~8k armor, 24% block, about 55k HP and 850 LoH, 12k DPS and some packs would annihilate me. I had a standard defensive build too. I didn't dodge any champs, but I always hit a wall pretty early on... maybe I gave up too quickly? I just felt like Act III was such a chore. Literally kiting packs for 5-10 minutes, waiting for cooldowns, dying too much, etc. Not worth it for me.

Well, I already sold my 650 LoH amulet and 24% block shield so I guess I'm screwed either way.

Now one in Mexico seems to want my junk rares though.

We be poor in Mexico mang ;P

My guess is most of us are selling stuff for USD and not bothering with the local market. It is fucking barren out there.

LegoDad

How much Life on Hit (if any) did you have? I ran with 1100 resists, ~8k armor, 24% block, about 55k HP and 850 LoH, 12k DPS and some packs would annihilate me. I had a standard defensive build too. I didn't dodge any champs, but I always hit a wall pretty early on... maybe I gave up too quickly? I just felt like Act III was such a chore. Literally kiting packs for 5-10 minutes, waiting for cooldowns, dying too much, etc. Not worth it for me.

Well, I already sold my 650 LoH amulet and 24% block shield so I guess I'm screwed either way.

We be poor in Mexico mang ;P

My guess is most of us are selling stuff for USD and not bothering with the local market. It is fucking barren out there.

My LOH is only 900.. I switched to Cleave for Act 3 Mobs, as you could hit 10-20 each time, just keeping yourself healed, then using revenge.. I feel if my DPS was higher I would just walkthrough. Elites are a different story.

During the Azmodan fight with 2 DH, 1 monk and me, all 3 of them died, I then ran around with sprint and tornadoes, to heal and then stomp to stun. I was able to finally get it right, where i revived all 3 (Az's health was about half) and we went on to destroy him. Was intense, and I fell in love with sprint after that fight.

eek5

how much resists/armor/block % do you need for act 3?

I'd aim for 1k/10k/25% (buffed) w/ at least 40k HP, 10k DPS and 800 LoH. Make sure you grab enchantress if you're soloing so you can get her armor buff. Also get her int items to boost her DPS to 5k. You should be able to do this for under 300k.

Definity

Finally got something nice from a champ mob with one stack of NV in act 2. Nothing great but not too shabby -considering all of my loot for three days has been shit.

i7Fbhk9ry7LI2.png

Also, just got an email that I sold my first item in the RMAH for a whopping $5. /highroller

rCIZZLE

Do you guys think a team of a Barb, a Monk and a DH can clear inferno ponies consistently without having gg gear? Like what should a barb and monk expect to have statwise to be able to tank hits from elites?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am poor and simply use life on kill and the glitch where recasting hydrea counts as 3 kills. Need to get some LoH gear, slow 2H works fine for act 2, but act 3 is to dense to make it work, so back to fast 1H + source

I am actully making use of a build that makes little use of arcane energy. I am using the osculating lightning orb as my primary, have venom hydra, magic weapon, TP with fracture,energy armor, and diamond skin.

Cipherr

Act 3 is the new Act 2. Im at the point where I can farm Act 2 comfortably now. But Act 3 has become the new wall. Im am working on a set of gear though, nice to feel the progression. Act 2 used to feel insane, its comfortable as hell now though.

Wedge7

I need new crazy give away ideas. :p

Give away Un-ID'ed items. ilvl63 stuff. Yellow Hellion Xbows/Revenent Bows/Runeswords/Arch Axes etc.

Perhaps one of each type?

The thrill of potentially giving away millions of milions worth of gold, or just more crafting materials. How exciting.

LIke a boss.

sleepykyo

Do you guys think a team of a Barb, a Monk and a DH can clear inferno ponies consistently without having gg gear? Like what should a barb and monk expect to have statwise to be able to tank hits from elites?

What about getting them stuck between the tree and the water?

forrest

formerly nacire
When mobs visibility glitches in and out as well as their projectiles it really pisses me off! I'm looking at you Winged Morloks!
LLShC.gif

Sophia

There was just nooo thought put into Act 2.

Nor apparently was there any thought put into the Enchantress's AI. One Enchantress charms the enemies, the other BREAKS IT. Good god.

rCIZZLE

What about getting them stuck between the tree and the water?

Never tried this. You mean just get them stuck and let the DH do all the work? I'm really curious though about how well a monk and barb can survive since I have a couple buddies with those characters and I want us to MF together. Not just me going in, clearing, and them coming for clouds. :p

scy

From those posted 1.0.3 previews:

Sustained Attack : Now worded to reduce the cooldown of Seven-Sided Strike to 23 seconds instead of reducing the cooldown by 7 seconds.

...what.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My guess is that it is 30 seconds long, so instead of saying the cooldown is reduced by 7 seconds, it will say it is reduced to 23 seconds

mileS

Neki

Never tried this. You mean just get them stuck and let the DH do all the work? I'm really curious though about how well a monk and barb can survive since I have a couple buddies with those characters and I want us to MF together. Not just me going in, clearing, and them coming for clouds. :p

There is a spot where ponies get stuck. It's a small crevice on the map where the cat icon is.

Give away Un-ID'ed items. ilvl63 stuff. Yellow Hellion Xbows/Revenent Bows/Runeswords/Arch Axes etc.

Perhaps one of each type?

The thrill of potentially giving away millions of milions worth of gold, or just more crafting materials. How exciting.

LIke a boss.

sounds a bit too drastic for me. :p

Fuuuuu.

This is what I was trying to get:

ElDu0.jpg

Got sniped within the last minute - expired before I could outbid. Otherwise I was gonna get it for ~10k.

I'm done for the night. If my Crossbow auction goes through, I should have a 800+ DPS weapon with a socket and 500+ LOH by the morning though for about 200k. May have overspent on that in terms of pure DPS, but it's itemized nicely. I'll probably be able to tackle Act 2 with relative ease once I have that in my hands.

i dropped blizzard another ticket regarding my RMAH load balance. It has been 72 hours from when they charged my account and still have yet to let me use them.

How is this acceptable in any standard. 3 day processing time for anything in 2012 is absurd. I have placed orders for amazon products and gotten physical items within that time.

LordCanti

Not 5 stacks, but you do get the kill credit and access to the first part of Act 4. Just hop into chat at the stream. Hes actually getting near Azmo again.

I already did Azmo/Diablo in Inferno. I just wouldn't mind seeing a 5NV Azmo loot splosion :p (or 4, depending on how many champs there are in the next area)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom