• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesnt work. I mean it does, but the ingredient is the earlier staff. So it really doesnt help unless you already have plans from izual, in which case just buy yourself

I think he's saying he's like me - have the hell staff, but can't get to act 3 to buy the BS plans to upgrade it.

LordCanti

The drop rate on anything good is super low. That's why items go for so much money. Getting junk loot for days on end is how this game is supposed to work.

Sigmaah

Can anyone help me get to hell really quick? I'm level 50 and on act 3 nightmare. I wanna go to hell already.

My little brother joined a friends game while he was killing diablo on nightmare and now he has hell unlocked, and hes only level 43!

balddemon

Banned
Can anyone help me get to hell really quick? I'm level 50 and on act 3 nightmare. I wanna go to hell already.

My little brother joined a friends game while he was killing diablo on nightmare and now he has hell unlocked, and hes only level 43!

sure. balddemon#1627

Fularu

Banned
Doesnt work. I mean it does, but the ingredient is the earlier staff. So it really doesnt help unless you already have plans from izual, in which case just buy yourself

You can't buy the inferno plans if you still haven't killed inferno Izual.

At least they're not on my quartermaster in the keep (since I'm still in act III).

LordCanti

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1249-patch-103-unofficial-changes/

Has this been posted yet? 1.0.3 preview datamined. Key things: enchantress hex nerf, enrage timers coming for more bosses (Siegebreaker, ZK, Belial) Some 2s to 1.5s stun skill nerfs.

The enrage timers....why?

Aren't they universally reviled on bosses like The Butcher?

Blizzard: "They all hate this mechanic...let's add it to more enemies"

This is why I left it vague. Good luck finding it :p

I'm currently winning an auction on these $10 Hammer Jammers. THIS IS SUCH A GREAT DEAL GUYS. I HOPE YOU DON'T SNIPE IT OUT FROM UNDER ME!

DSmalls84

So I bought two bul kathos bands for cheap hoping to stack the loh for my tank build, and I get a message saying you cant equip two of the same item! Wow a little disappointed I wasted the gold. Anyways
if you guys didnt already know, take this as a warning.

sleepykyo

Finally got past inferno ZK.

With DH. What a difference in how big a gear check terminus is.

Monk 600dps 6000 armor 500 resists ;_;
DH 600dps 2800 armor 200 resists frustrating and plenty of deaths, but manageable

And finally got a 800+ dps crossbow and a 900dps 2h staff. Where the heck is my lvl62 fist weapon?

RDreamer

It's astounding how quickly my Monk can roll through the end of Act 2 now. Kulle and Belial are jokes to me. I just had a game where the dps-ers (a wiz and 2 DHs) died against Belial's 2nd part (with all the snakes and him). I lasted for quite a while before deciding to purposefully die in order to make it faster with them. Well, they died again the 2nd time. So I decided just to beat him myself. I took him down from half health. They were laughing saying I was eternal or something. I really wasn't having a hard time with anything. Then with Belial, too, I barely broke a sweat. I'm not sure I got below half health at any point.

... and yet Act 3 still puts me in my place... hard. I can't make much headway there at all. I got through the keep with a good group and then partially by myself, but then those pestilence dudes and the small dragon things just kick my ass in the next part.

The difficulty spikes between acts in this feel like they're much bigger than between difficulties, and even between difficulties in D2, too.

LegoDad

I already have plans.. but you have to get new plans from merchant for inferno upgrade.. The merchant in my game doesn't have them.. do I have to reload till he does.. I just beat Azmodan.. and now in Act IV

Fularu

Banned
I already have plans.. but you have to get new plans from merchant for inferno upgrade.. The merchant in my game doesn't have them.. do I have to reload till he does.. I just beat Azmodan.. and now in Act IV

You have to kill Izual

Edit : damn my avatar looks bad. I definitely suck at making them :p

inky

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1249-patch-103-unofficial-changes/

Has this been posted yet? 1.0.3 preview datamined. Key things: enchantress hex nerf, enrage timers coming for more bosses (Siegebreaker, ZK, Belial) Some 2s to 1.5s stun skill nerfs.

For a second there I thought the new "buff icons" referred to new items they were going to sell as buffs, for example a 'magic find buff' that lasts 1hr, 1day, etc. I shouldn't give them any ideas.

Hire me Blizzard, I got lots of ideas.

balddemon

Banned
So I bought two bul kathos bands for cheap hoping to stack the loh for my tank build, and I get a message saying you cant equip two of the same item! Wow a little disappointed I wasted the gold. Anyways
if you guys didnt already know, take this as a warning.

i'll borrow the other one :D

Ramirez

Any DH's here taken down Diablo in Inferno solo? Best attempt I've gotten in was killing the 2nd add and getting close to the 3rd one...

I have dick for resists, total glass cannon, so I'm not even sure it would be possible for me outside of everything going perfect for me. The mechanics make no sense to me, sometimes he won't teleport on me for a long time, then other times he teleports 4-5 times in a matter of seconds forcing me to blow all of my SS's. :(

I really wanna beat him before they nerf Inferno, tried with a Wiz who has beaten him solo & a Barb and the DH one shot everyone in the shadow phase, lol.

neoism

Browsing through this thread and seeing all the insane drops just makes me sad.

Horrible loots for today, literally salvaged everything for mats.

Oh well, back to farming..

yep my luck makes this game suck.... 7 hours farming gibberiing gemstone.... lol juices < does it all in like 30 mintues. all 5 items :p thanks for invite.

Just spent 3 hours trying to get the gibbering gemstone, then gave up and tried to get the plans for another hour. Neither dropped, of course TT.

neoism

I have Chiltara up in Caverns of Frost right now if anyone needs Gibbering Gemstone on US server. Add Lamp#1105, and sorry I can only take 3 more :(

I will be killing in 10 minutes or when party is full

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I hope I can catch one of these posts... BLIZZARD needs to fix this shit. I would rather have 20 level dungeon with her at the end every time then the way it is.... It's a pain just to get the damn cavern to spawn.

Totakeke

You have to kill Izual in each difficulty setting in order to get the Quartermaster to sell you the upgrade plans.

So if you want the Inferno staff, you either kill Inferno Izual or you join someone's game who has killed him.

No, not exactly. You don't have to kill Izual to buy the upgrade plans (after you have one of the plans drop from Izual). You just have to be on the correct quest, only the latter quests of Act 4 have the merchant selling the plans.

Any DH's here taken down Diablo in Inferno solo? Best attempt I've gotten in was killing the 2nd add and getting close to the 3rd one...

I have dick for resists, total glass cannon, so I'm not even sure it would be possible for me outside of everything going perfect for me. The mechanics make no sense to me, sometimes he won't teleport on me for a long time, then other times he teleports 4-5 times in a matter of seconds forcing me to blow all of my SS's. :(

I really wanna beat him before they nerf Inferno, tried with a Wiz who has beaten him solo & a Barb and the DH one shot everyone in the shadow phase, lol.

If the DH is one shotting the barb the barb is doing something wrong. One thing you can do is have the adH die in phase 1 and stay dead until phase 3. Sucks but it does work.

Ive killed him probably 10 times on my barb. Usually with monk and wiz or 2 monks. If you wanna come along sometime post your battletag (Us server)

LordCanti

No, not exactly. You don't have to kill Izual to buy the upgrade plans (after you have one of the plans drop from Izual). You just have to be on the correct quest, only the latter quests of Act 4 have the merchant selling the plans.

I can let anyone in NA into a game on that quest if they want to buy the plans.

I hope I can catch one of these posts... BLIZZARD needs to fix this shit. I would rather have 20 level dungeon with her at the end every time then the way it is.... It's a pain just to get the damn cavern to spawn.

Honestly getting the cavern to spawn was really easy. Make sure you FINISH the ballista quest first.

I reset maybe 10 times, at least 60% had the right dungeon

Ramirez

If the DH is one shotting the barb the barb is doing something wrong. One thing you can do is have the adH die in phase 1 and stay dead until phase 3. Sucks but it does work.

Ive killed him probably 10 times on my barb. Usually with monk and wiz or 2 monks. If you wanna come along sometime post your battletag (Us server)

Yea, he's not geared for it obviously. What is this business about the adds staying dead?

Narag

It's a 50/50 spawn with the Icewhatever cave. It can spawn in different areas around the map though.

Yea, he's not geared for it obviously. What is this business about the adds staying dead?

I mean have the DH in your group die in phase 1 and dont resurrect him until phase 3. This way you wont get a DH add at all during phase 2, but obviously it takes longer for the 2 of you

Fularu

Banned
Legendary Quiver dropped, stats are :

82 dex, 80 vit, 13% ias (kind of low), 1.12 hatred per sec, 1.9% chance to slow , +6% hungering arrow damage and socket.

The lack of Discipline makes it average no?

Alex

So I decided I'll play a bit this weekend and not to relist when my stuff comes off the RMAH.

Only now it's all selling and it's pissing me off. On the plus side, everything I sell nets me like 20-30 bucks and it's stuff I can replace for 500k-1.5 million.

balddemon

Banned
It's hard for Barb to solo Act 3 and 4, you have to have really good gear. I like rolling with a DH to make up for lack of DPS, and if I can a monk that heals me constantly.

well i can barely survive act 2 unless i have some dps backing me up. so i didn't expect to survive act 4 but the quickness with which i died (basically instant) surprised me

joesmokey

5JB6v.jpg

What do you think GAF, did I finally hit it big?

LegoDad

well i can barely survive act 2 unless i have some dps backing me up. so i didn't expect to survive act 4 but the quickness with which i died (basically instant) surprised me

YEah it's pretty crazy I don't use any WOTB or any long cooldown skills anymore. Always stomping, revenge, shouting, and then sprinting around group.. My DPS is way too low to affect Elites.. it's my biggest hurdle. weapons cost too much, and I had nothing good drop in Act 3..

Thus why I was going to go for Inferno Pony Land farming, a group of friends has hell staff, just trying to get to the plans in Act IV, well is not working. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom