• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
If you want to sell sources for big money they need a high damage range ~90-300+ and +8% crit chance, along with int and/or +arcane power on crit. Have sold a few since I started in the price range of millions. 10m the highest, before RMAH.

Totakeke

If you want to sell sources to sell for big money they need a high damage range ~90-300+ and +8% crit chance, along with int and/or +arcane power on crit. Have sold a few since I started in the price range of millions.

How would you rate mine then?

Soloed Inferno Whimsyshire on my Barbarian twice tonight. Never dropping Sprint from my build after tonight, it makes it possible to survive in even the most ridiculous situations.

Out of both runs, never even died once and didn't have to use the trap either to kill horses. And later I realized I didn't even have my Enchantress with me, lol.

I'm interested in dropping some of the mitigation from my build and trying to go more offense (same build though) so that the Tornadoes take the enemies down faster. Not sure how it's going to work out but I dropped about 5m on some dps gear and got myself up to 28k DPS using a sword and shield.

For the most part, I killed everything the regular way, using tank and spank, and only pulled out Tornado kiting during champion packs. But it takes them down every time. The only time I was ever in danger was with a group of Horde Mortar Vortex bears because it made it much more difficult to build fury (usually I build fury by hitting Ground Stomp and getting a few good hits and revenges in before running away). I may also try dropping Threatening Shout for Battle Rage/Into the Fray (for fury supply while tornado kiting), but the 20% damage reduction from Threatening Shout may end up being necessary considering how many defensive stats I had to drop to get my dps up to 28k. Then again, even with just 17k dps and no enchantress the tornadoes were taking huge packs of enemies down with surprising efficiency, so if I'm going up to 36k dps (factoring in Battle Shout and Enchantress), it may make up the difference.

good stuff. will be making some serious barb upgrades in the next couple of days so I can do the same.

good stuff. will be making some serious barb upgrades in the next couple of days so I can do the same.

I just tried with my new dps set and it was fucking hilarious. Soon as I entered the zone there were Illusionist Mortar Vortex Plagued horses right at the entrance. I killed them fast as hell with all this additional dps, but it was actually a bit harder. Maybe it was just bad positioning, but there wasn't a circle to kite in since it was right at the entrance, and my health was fluctuating like a seismograph during an earthquake. And I died twice.

Was definitely more intense though, and probably even more fun, lol.

Switftlame

Neo Member
DILJP.jpg

my gear updated with spec

Neki

do witch doctors actually use firebats? my legendary helm got max mana, 150 int, mana regen and reduced cost of firebats by 6. D:

zoukka

do witch doctors actually use firebats? my legendary helm got max mana, 150 int, mana regen and reduced cost of firebats by 6. D:

I think most of the WD's use either bears or darts as their main dps. I did play around with a direbats build a while ago, but it didn't seem worth it.

koji

I used to use Dire Bats in the lower difficulties, has good range and pretty good single target damage.

Anyone been able to sell stuff on the EU RMAH? Doesn't look like it's really catching on here, have a lot of stuff for sale for cheap but no luck so far... Maybe I need to double the prices! :)

Shouta

http://i.imgur.com/DILJP.jpg
my gear updated with spec

Those look like my stats aside from much lower IAS, heh. I'm holding back on investing on IAS at the moment because of the 1.03 changes. Gonna try and squeak asm uch damage as I can per hit instead, for the time being.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I used to use Dire Bats in the lower difficulties, has good range and pretty good single target damage.

Anyone been able to sell stuff on the EU RMAH? Doesn't look like it's really catching on here, have a lot of stuff for sale for cheap but no luck so far... Maybe I need to double the prices! :)
None of my 80-150€ items sold yet.

Zertez

Firebats were solid early on, but at 60 they arent worth using. Who knows maybe someone is working on a build with them. Whoever descided the skill bonus on legendary items seem pretty clueless or they just put skills on items at random without much thought at all.

Switftlame

Neo Member
Those look like my stats aside from much lower IAS, heh. I'm holding back on investing on IAS at the moment because of the 1.03 changes. Gonna try and squeak asm uch damage as I can per hit instead, for the time being.

mind posting yours and i wasnt trying to jam all the attack speed on my gear it just ended up that way and that bow was the best bow i could buy at the time i didnt even want 1 with IAS

balddemon

Banned
So got my DH to 60. missed out on a 1k dps bow with like 24% IAS for 99k :( so i settled for a 930 dps bow with 18% IAS for 99k isntead lol. but dps up to 19k without sharpshooter, which i am not using atm. i do 2.58 attacks/second. it's kind of silly. i'm not sure i like this class very much yet, but it sure is nice to kill things nearly instantly.

what is a good skill build for inferno DH?

Totakeke

So got my DH to 60. missed out on a 1k dps bow with like 24% IAS for 99k :( so i settled for a 930 dps bow with 18% IAS for 99k isntead lol. but dps up to 19k without sharpshooter, which i am not using atm. i do 2.58 attacks/second. it's kind of silly. i'm not sure i like this class very much yet, but it sure is nice to kill things nearly instantly.

what is a good skill build for inferno DH?

You know attack speed on a weapon is already factored into the weapon right? If you want to attack multiple times in a second, you want to use 1h crossbows, which I think you might be already using. If you find your dps isn't enough, finding an equivalent dps cold bow helps when you still don't have the money to buy gear.

balddemon

Banned
You know attack speed on a weapon is already factored into the weapon right? If you want to attack multiple times in a second, you want to use 1h crossbows, which I think you might be already using. If you find your dps isn't enough, finding an equivalent dps cold bow helps when you still don't have the money to buy gear.

yeah i know, i should have said 1.75 aps was the one i missed out on and the one i settled for is like 1.65. its a 2h bow. my dps is plenty high for where i'm at (just rescued cain on inferno)

Shouta

mind posting yours

Most of my gear is from my Monk (hence the insanely high Arcane Resist) so it's not very optimized, at the moment. It's generally in the same neighborhood as yours but obviously you have more time and cash put into it.

I was sorely lacking Crit damage so I got a few placeholder pieces until I can get some other pieces that incorporate better stats. I had to sacrifice a 200 DEX or so which is kinda blah. I only got DH to 60 yesterday and I'm a bit low on cash at the moment so it's going to take me a bit to get it to where I want. Armor will be somewhat easy to get but I'm lacking a weapon with good stats. The xbow I have is 1177 DPS but that's it. So yeah, missing out =(

Gonna aim to keep my AS at about 1.5 but bring my dex and crit damage as high as possible while incorporating some all resist and maybe a tad of life on hit.

Zyzyxxz

Got this for 60k
e79061fd9ea3b3701c9bf4a73ec10b668f7a1557.jpg

Then I turned around and bought a 24% block 10 crit chance 1100ish armor shield for 800k :\

the market for high dps weapons has tanked in the last few weeks.

I originally bought my 720ish DPS wang for 175K, lol I barely offloaded it for 50K.

Now you can get 800DPS weapons for as low as 20 or even 10K.

Once you get into the upper 900's though prices become ridiculous.

Ploid 3.0

I was mainly looking for the 800 life on hit. Going to melee wizard without the hydra healing since people keep saying it's going to get nerfed. I loved that hydra healing, trying to sell all of the life on kill before it's too late.

jsrv

How many magic properties can dropped ilevel 63s potentially have? More than the crafted items, the same amount or less?

Totakeke

Pretty sure 6 is the most any rare can have. So the same.

Not sure about armor, but stuffs like off-hands and weapons can have 7 different stats.

Edit: Case in point.

7statfdmv4.png

Also, I desperately need AH services to offload my stuff. I'm too lazy to do it but I don't want to just vendor them either. :(

jewelryswmet.png

Ploid 3.0

Just sold a seemingly worthless pair of bracers for 1.5 mil.

str 40ish
Dex 103
vit 70
resist all 30
+armor 100s
main armor 300
Crit hit chance 3
some random elemental resist number.

I really wish they let you see the item you sold by hovering over the coins or something.

Now to sell the other one that was similar to it. More money for my melee wiz.

Neki

Just sold a seemingly worthless pair of bracers for 1.5 mil.

str 40ish
Dex 103
vit 70
resist all 30
+armor 100s
main armor 300
Crit hit chance 3
some random elemental resist number.

I really wish they let you see the item you sold by hovering over the coins or something.

Now to sell the other one that was similar to it. More money for my melee wiz.

You probably sold it to a specialized resist monk.

(aka, every monk)

Uh, aside from having no crit damage that's probably worth 15+ mil easily. hell, if you put that on the RMAH, you'd probably get 200 bucks for it.

Mind if I ask what makes it so valuable? Trying to learn the different in's and out's of the other(non-Barb) classes, and reading the DH forums all I see are people demanding a socket or crit damage on weapons, which my bow has neither of.

GJS

Mind if I ask what makes it so valuable? Trying to learn the different in's and out's of the other(non-Barb) classes, and reading the DH forums all I see are people demanding a socket or crit damage on weapons, which my bow has neither of.

1k+ damage, ias, 150+ dex (inc damage), 100+ vit.

That's why its valuable, it's got every stat a DH needs but isn't "godly" or top end as it doesn't have a socket or crit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom