• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totakeke

lol at overpriced, inflated gear.

That's how it is for chests, pants, and shoulders man. That's why everyone buy worse legendaries instead because it doesn't feel "right" spending that much for just plain stats.

I just went through all my inventory for AH price matching and I have 47 lvl 60 items to salvage! And I haven't even gone through rings and amulets yet.

neoism

only 4th and 5th stack guarantee any rares

just got 4 decent rare from Azmodan lev 60 monk with 5 stacks of NV :O This game.....
sheild 1032dam +62 int and 5% overpower change... and something else

boots

99 dex 261 amor 33 arcan res 30 res to all monsters

worth anythin

alexel

can anyone legitimately clear inferno whimsyshire?

holy crap

how are people farming this shit?
Me and my wizard buddy do full clears in 30 mins. It's easy once you breach a certain dps tier. Id say 30k dps and over and you should be good. Demon hunter here so this advice does not apply to melds chars

Kyoufu

That's how it is for chests, pants, and shoulders man. That's why everyone buy worse legendaries instead because it doesn't feel "right" spending that much for just plain stats.

I just went through all my inventory for AH price matching and I have 41 lvl 60 items to salvage!

Yeah, the problem is even the legendaries are inflated. I sold my IK Soul Cage for 4mil a month ago. Now it's a lot more :'(

Petrie

Banned
just did a quick search
200str/100vit/75res = 15mil
150str/150str/75res = between 15-50mil
lol and those were just rough estimates

RMAH would probably be 250+ but too bad i cant hit more than 250

Then go RMAH cause even 50 million gold can be had for less than 250. Lol

syllogism

just did a quick search
200str/100vit/75res = 15mil
150str/150str/75res = between 15-50mil
lol and those were just rough estimates

RMAH would probably be 250+ but too bad i cant hit more than 250
It's not worth nearly that much. Your search parameters are too narrow and even if they weren't that's a low vit roll

Totakeke

Yeah, the problem is even the legendaries are inflated. I sold my IK Soul Cage for 4mil a month ago. Now it's a lot more :'(

yeah, same here. Sold my bow 15mil back a few weeks ago. Now they go for 30mil

I guess that's true, though the AH is also now oversatured with "normal" stuffs too. Most of my search filters just give me 46 pages of auctions without any buyouts.

J5Hlx.png

I'm hooked..

Sophia

Haven't been able to sell a single thing on the RM AH yet. Granted I'm probably not going to be able to make money off Act 1 Inferno items. =p

Maybe I should sell all my Barbarain's gear and just level my Wizard. Seems to be more effective a strategy than dealing with the random deaths of Act 2.

LordCanti

HOLY FUCK

What did you sell? I have horrible selling confidence just from gold AH, but I want in, to at least, over time, pay for my copy of Diablo.

How do I set up Paypal? Anyone?

Go on the BNET website, log into your account, and go to payments (or something that sounds similar). It should give you the option to link a paypal account. Then you'll need to set up SMS protect, and authentication (if you haven't already).

Quoting because I'm curious about that as well.

The official D3 website has all this info.

Edit: Well, maybe it doesn't have the events/where they trigger. It has info on what rolls things can have though.

sleepykyo

Anywhere I can look at the loot available online? There seem to be a lot of posts here talking about high / low version of loot (rolls?) and I assume you're getting that info from somewhere?

Also, is there a Wiki which lists the events / where they trigger?

Quoting because I'm curious about that as well.

Unicorn

Go on the BNET website, log into your account, and go to payments (or something that sounds similar). It should give you the option to link a paypal account. Then you'll need to set up SMS protect, and authentication (if you haven't already).

Thank you!

decided to wait for 1.0.3, so im leving a wizard in the meantime. damn, rares on the AH are so cheap! im powering through act 2 right now and im less than 3 hours in!

Bah, was outbid on my 850+ DPS, Socketed, 500+ LOH Crossbow overnight. It did free up ~230k gold though, so I guess I can just find another weapon now. I need a higher DPS weapon to progress much further into Act 2.

The itemization on the weapon I have now is pretty good, but 579 DPS just isn't going to cut it past Act 1, even when my Butcher kills are sub 2 minutes.

Kyoufu

Is 1.03 really going to make Inferno awesome to farm?

Will it turn scrubs into heroes?

Will it be everything I want it to be?

inky

Hardly. But at least, collectively, it will close the gap between A1/2 -3/4 gear accessibility in the AH. Plus it will probably make it easier to progress if you already are close, mainly by making some champion packs hard enough instead of nigh impossible.

Seven years of World of Warcraft tell me be cautious and reserved about 1.0.3

I don't think 1.0.3 will be a god patch, if that's what people expect. It has some very nice tweaks, but that's all they are - tweaks.

Real talk for major improvement will be later. 1.1 the PvP patch especially, which I would probably expect to at least have a lot more info on, if not be on a PTR within 3 months from now.

Currently trying to snag a 950+ DPS blue weapon that expires soon for 300k. Only one frill, but eh. Buyout is 360k, but if I can save some money, it makes it a more lucrative deal compared to other things in that price and DPS range.

syllogism

1.03 isn't going to change much in act 3-4, I think the current drop rates are close to that already. It's a sliding scale anyway; even if we were suddenly getting "good drops" after the patch, in a few weeks those drops wouldn't seem good at all anymore.

Sophia

I don't think 1.0.3 will be a god patch, if that's what people expect. It has some very nice tweaks, but that's all they are - tweaks.

Real talk for major improvement will be later. 1.1 the PvP patch especially, which I would probably expect to at least have a lot more info on, if not be on a PTR within 3 months from now.

I'm prepared for the worst. I honestly expect more nerfs to Barbarians simply because I know from experience that Blizzard has a tendency of nerfing stuff that doesn't need to be fucking touched. Already, the unofficial changes mention a nerf to Relentless.

1.03 isn't going to change much in act 3-4, I think the current drop rates are close to that already.

That's fine. What it needs to change is the massive gap in both gear and difficulty between Act 1 and Act 2. There's just no reason a Barbarian who's outright destroying Act 1 should find Act 2 near impossible.

ElyrionX

Ummm, what attributes do DHs look for in a bow? Besides Dexterity, Vitality and Critical Hit Damage, are there any other attributes that matter?

Audioboxer

People are spending $250 on items!? :O

Got my WD to level 30, started off hating the class compared to my Barb, but it's pretty awesome now. I love the WD armour, it's great.

Bit overwhelmed by all the abilities however, have a mish-mash of different things right now which works, but isn't optimal.

Fularu

Banned

In my years of WoW, the faster someone said "scrub", the shittier they ended up beeing.

Don't mistake having a headstart with "beeing good".

syllogism

It's such a shame this doesn't have AP on crit as my wiz can't really justify using it due to that

HHAsx.png

I suppose I could sell it or keep it if I at some point decide to go archon. Pricing it seems problematic considering there is little that compares. The lack of vit/socket hurts it slightly for some wizards, but for a force armor build you want to keep your hp as low as possible without getting one shotted.

ElyrionX

That about covers it although vitality isn't all that important

A socket for a nice emerald gem wouldn't hurt either

So basically Crit Damage and Dexterity? If I had to choose from 2 bows, one with 50% Crit damage and one with 150 dex and both with about 1000 dps. Which should I go for?

ElyrionX

It's such a shame this doesn't have AP on crit as my wiz can't really justify using it due to that

HHAsx.png

I suppose I could sell it or keep it if I at some point decide to go archon. Pricing it seems problematic considering there is little that compares. The lack of vit/socket hurts it slightly for some wizards, but for a force armor build you want to keep your hp as low as possible without getting one shotted.

That's not the way Force Armor works anymore. The lower your HP, the more easily you get one-shot with Force Amor. The amor and resists on that helm are off the charts which should easily compensate for the lack of vitality.

scosher

I wonder if people who are buying those $250 weapons are doing so because they're flipping it on a third party site that has no cap on transactions. Maybe they actually sell for more?

syllogism

So basically Crit Damage and Dexterity? If I had to choose from 2 bows, one with 50% Crit damage and one with 150 dex and both with about 1000 dps. Which should I go for?
If your crit% is high enough, you can roughly say that one % crit dmg is worth 4 dex. At least that's how the math is for my wizard

syllogism

That's not the way Force Armor works anymore. The lower your HP, the more easily you get one-shot with Force Amor. The amor and resists on that helm are off the charts which should easily compensate for the lack of vitality.
I don't think you interpreted what I said correctly. The point is that you only want to have enough hp so that force armor still works. This will make diamond skin and healing effects better. Of course, if your resistances are high enough, some things will hit you for less than 35% of your hp and then even a force armor build benefits from having more hp.

I just found two legendaries in a row. How fucking lucky is that?

Guys, how much do you think this is worth? It seems like it might be good for Demon Hunters.

WzNHv.png

scosher

I don't think you interpreted what I said correctly. The point is that you only want to have enough hp so that force armor still works. This will make diamond skin and healing effects better. Of course, if your resistances are high enough, some things will hit you for less than 35% of your hp and then even a force armor build benefits from having more hp.

Yup, not to mention that if you bump your Vit unnecessarily high as a Wizard, you may make Illusionist not proc as much.

ElyrionX

Ok, here's the deal, which bow should I get?

Bow 1: 1115.3 DPS, no other stats
Bow 2: 914.3 DPS, +109 dex, +55% Crit Damage
Bow 3: 959.4 DPS, +174 dex, +189 intel

syllogism

I just found two legendaries in a row. How fucking lucky is that?

Guys, how much do you think this is worth? It seems like it might be good for Demon Hunters.

WzNHv.png

50+m, that's an extremely high dex roll. Having said that, I'm not sure if DHs want to invest that much with the IAS nerf looming.

I'd go for the dex personally, Unless you have a high crit chance. You might get more utility out of the crit damage in that case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom