• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

Anyone know what this is worth? cant find anything similar on the AH

VJfEa.png

WOW

$$$$

guys what do you think about this, how much could I get for it on both auction houses? It's hard to tell because at first glance it doesn't seem like much:

mg8Vg.png

But you can't find anything near that until at least level 57/58, and look at the level requirement...let alone the socket and other bonuses. I don't know what to make of it, obviously can't find anything like it on the AH.

GJS

A lot of people aren't going to be happy when their $250 1k+ dps wep drops to 900 dps with the attack speed nerf.

Shouta

The changes will drop my monk from 44% attack speed bonus from items to 20%, lowers my dps to 18.8k from 22k and my overall attacks to 1.8aps from 2.14aps.

I already decided to take a break from my monk yesterday to start a wizard but I guess that will be extended. Hopefully the inferno changes are enough such that the lowered rate of LoH doesn't make too much of a difference, otherwise I'll have to figure something else out.

I do Inferno Act 3 with about 1.5 APS on my Monk, you don't need it that much higher than 1.80 IMO. Getting your damage values up is more key anyway. I have 25k without any IAS and higher with so

LordCanti

guys what do you think about this, how much could I get for it on both auction houses? It's hard to tell because at first glance it doesn't seem like much:

But you can't find anything near that until at least level 57/58, and look at the level requirement...let alone the socket and other bonuses. I don't know what to make of it, obviously can't find anything like it on the AH.

If you put it up for like $50 (max), I could see some struggling late nightmare/early-hell monk or barb jumping on it.

A lot of people aren't going to be happy when their $250 1k+ dps wep drops to 900 dps with the attack speed nerf.

A lot of people won't be happy with their suddenly slow-as-hell crossbows either.

syllogism

No, it doesn't make sense because you are talking about relative value concepts in a situation where all that matters is the absolute value. How is it better to have 30k HP than 50k HP just because potions heal for only 12k? Ultimately, 50k HP is still 20k further away from death than 30k. Why should it matter what potion healing values are when you will still die quicker if you have 30k HP than 50k?

Your understanding of Force Amor is incorrect. Force Armor has been nerfed to mitigate only a maximum of 100% of your HP. So with 50k HP, you will mitigate as much as 50k HP before taking any damage above 35% of your HP. With 30k HP, that's 20k less damage mitigation. Diamond Skin has absolutely no impact in this particular situation.
You still don't understand what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that there are no perfect items (yet) and most of your items will be from AH. Thus you have a certain budget and have to make decisions. Vit, resistances and armor all increase your efficient health pool. Your efficient health pool has to be high enough for monsters not to hit through force armor. It is strictly better to reach the number required by having high resistances and armor, especially since force armor also boosts your armor value by 60%. The fact healing effects and dskin are also better when your vit is lower is another fact in favor of this. If you stack all three, you will eventually want to switch to prismatic and then it's not a force armor build anymore.

Rufus

If you put it up for like $50 (max), I could see some struggling late nightmare/early-hell monk or barb jumping on it.
I don't know about the price, but I think most people would want it as a leveling weapon. Not sure how valuable even that is, when you'd only need to level one of each class... In hardcore, it would be worth a lot more, I think.

I don't know about the price, but I think most people would want it as a leveling weapon. Not sure how valuable even that is, when you'd only need to level one of each class... In hardcore, it would be worth a lot more, I think.
fuuuuckk I seriously don't know what to think about it, lol. I don't want to put it for too low if it's something worth a lot. But I don't want to overprice it then have to wait the auction out. Any other opinions?

Kyoufu

fuuuuckk I seriously don't know what to think about it, lol. I don't want to put it for too low if it's something worth a lot. But I don't want to overprice it then have to wait the auction out. Any other opinions?

I sold 2 levelling weapons for 300-400k each a long time ago. You can try 500k+ now.

MrDaravon

Has anyone here had luck finding the Dataminer ghost? Working on some easier achievements while watching the CEO tournament and not having any luck at all. I'm grinding it out on Inferno with GF/MF gear and I still can't really do Act 2 at all so it's at least getting me some okay money, but I've seen Developer Hell twice already now and no go at all on finding this one.

Cagey

Banned
Bought a pair of ridiculous Monk boots for 9m gold late last night, turned it into

autyW.png

I wish they had achievements for netting a $250 sale.

ElyrionX

You're wrong. Force armor always lets 35% of your hp in damage through. Let's say you get hit for 50k. With 50k HP you're gonna eat 16.6k damage, with 30k HP you're gonna eat only 10k. And since Diamond Skin gives you a flat increase, it means that the more life you have, the less hits it takes for Diamond Skin to go boom.

Before declaring that someone else wrong, you should do some homework first.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5825330/

What you're describing is pre-nerf. Post-nerf, Force Armor will only result in you eating 35% of your HP in damage if the remaining damage is less than 100% of your HP. So in your example, having 30k HP will result in you taking 10.5k (35% of 30k) + 9.5k (50k - 10.5k -30k) = 19.5k damage. With 50k HP, you will take 17.5k (35% of 50k) + 0 (50k - 17.5k - 50k) = 17.5k damage.

That is how Force Armor works. So the higher your HP, the higher the mitigation. Only within very narrow damage ranges wil having lower HP actually result in Force Armor working better.

Inferno Belials second phase is my wall right now..and the sad thing is his third phase is easy mode for ranged so if i can just get there then I know I can beat him. And I've gotten his second phases health down so low. I imagine if I keep trying I will get lucky but it's a pretty annoying fight.

scy

@HP vs Armor/Resists: Lower HP scales better with HP/second, Potions, and so-on. Getting hit for less per hit is a bit more ideal than more HP to go through in a perfect world. You still want a good balance, though, and higher base Mitigation means other things become better than Force Armor in the long run. Ideally, you'll be doing Force Armor until Prismatic is better overall for your damage reduction.

@Attack Speed change: It can be retroactive because it's merely changing a global affix value. All instances of Attack Speed increases are being reduced. Buffing Legendaries means that Damage Ranges, Attribute bonuses, etc. all need to get rerolled. That's a bit different than "12% becomes 6%."

ElyrionX

You still don't understand what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that there are no perfect items (yet) and most of your items will be from AH. Thus you have a certain budget and have to make decisions. Vit, resistances and armor all increase your efficient health pool. Your efficient health pool has to be high enough for monsters not to hit through force armor. It is strictly better to reach the number required by having high resistances and armor, especially since force armor also boosts your armor value by 60%. The fact healing effects and dskin are also better when your vit is lower is another fact in favor of this. If you stack all three, you will eventually want to switch to prismatic and then it's not a force armor build anymore.

The basis of all your argument relies on your incorrect understanding of Force Armor. Force Armor will mitigate as much as 100% of your HP in damage so the higher your HP, the better Force Armor works. Read my response to Vodh above if you don't get what I'm saying.

Welp I almost met my match in Whimsyshire. Arcane Invulnerable Minion Waller Cuddle Bears. Killed them with 1 minute left on my 5 NV stacks.

Jesus christ, fuck Inv. Minions

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Damn, a 50% attack speed reduction, going to really piss some people off if retroactive, and going to cause a huge spike in value to old attack speed if it isn't. I think a 33% reduction (15% to 10%) would have been enough.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Inferno Belials second phase is my wall right now..and the sad thing is his third phase is easy mode for ranged so if i can just get there then I know I can beat him. And I've gotten his second phases health down so low. I imagine if I keep trying I will get lucky but it's a pretty annoying fight.

What class are you?

Won

I 5 NV stack killed Izual about 4 hours ago, and only blues dropped. I was a sad hamster.

That's because Izual is just another walkover trash mob and doesn't count as a boss!

The basis of all your argument relies on your incorrect understanding of Force Armor. Force Armor will mitigate as much as 100% of your HP in damage so the higher your HP, the better Force Armor works. Read my response to Vodh above if you don't get what I'm saying.

That's what he is saying and he is right. It just doesn't seem to be a worthwhile approach to the ability. You walk a very thin line there, if you do it like that.

lol I got this item, don't think I've ever seen melee attackers taking 1000+ damage. Someone should try basing a whole build off of this stuff.

yx9oi.png

Don't think it's worth anything though :p

Well, I'm at 66k DPS Sharpshooter (and Steady Aim) buffed now (~31k unbuffed according to the character sheet). Act 2 should be mine to dominate. Still have a few kinda shitty items, but they'd be hard to replace. For example a level 36 ring, but it has 11% IAS, 50 Dex or so, and a Socket (pretty godly for the level). Trying to snag a Quiver on the AH with 10 Disc - just found an upgrade in the last run with 7 (replacing the one I had with 7). But the one I have my eye on in the AH is even better.

Also found an interesting amulet today with a socket, 69 dex, 21 physical resist, and 4% crit chance. It's better than what I have...but only when Sharpshooter isn't stacked up, as my current ammy has 33% increased crit damage. Kind of hard to figure out that one since the increased crit % would make sharpshooter proc slightly more often, but I'd be missing out on a significant chuck of damage each time.

scy

Damn, a 50% attack speed reduction, going to really piss some people off if retroactive, and going to cause a huge spike in value to old attack speed if it isn't. I think a 33% reduction (15% to 10%) would have been enough.

33% reduction would've still had Attack Speed being a bit too good honestly.

I also imagine they might just make some Legendaries have 20%+ Attack Speed. :|

Fularu

Banned
String of Ears, Stormshield and Justice Lantern are going to rape my wallet :(

I hope the xbow and shield I have up for sale will help me buy one of them -_-

I bought this for cheap-ish in the auction house with zero idea if I'd be able to flip it for more, probably should have checked before hand but, any ideas?:

Wor7G.png

Tom Penny

Dumb question but how are you guys making pics out of you items? I just got a couple of legendaries and don't know if they are worth anything.

syllogism

No, it uses effective HP pool, not your HP. It first checks your resistances/armor and if that dmg is higher than your current HP max, it will ignore force armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom