• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright my LAST one for the day, help me out peeps. What do you think this is worth? Enough to try the RMAH or leave it in the gold house, I mean this has to be a good enough roll for someone stacking their DH DPS or something:

uf0t5.png

fuuuuckk I seriously don't know what to think about it, lol. I don't want to put it for too low if it's something worth a lot. But I don't want to overprice it then have to wait the auction out. Any other opinions?

I'd put it on RMAH for i don't know 20-30 $ ? Maybe 50 ?

Someone leveling his new character might take the bait and since it's his first char he won't have much gold to spend.

So definitly put it on rmah but i'm not sure for what price as it must be "affordable" for someone to take the bait.

smiggyRT

Alright my LAST one for the day, help me out peeps. What do you think this is worth? Enough to try the RMAH or leave it in the gold house, I mean this has to be a good enough roll for someone stacking their DH DPS or something:

uf0t5.png

If that had a little DEX instead of physical resistance it'd be awesome.

redhot_

Did Blizzard do something where everything has fucking mortars if you have high dps?

Just got my WD to inferno and that is all I get, About to go back to barb, shit is just stupid.

Vodh

Before declaring that someone else wrong, you should do some homework first.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5825330/

What you're describing is pre-nerf. Post-nerf, Force Armor will only result in you eating 35% of your HP in damage if the remaining damage is less than 100% of your HP. So in your example, having 30k HP will result in you taking 10.5k (35% of 30k) + 9.5k (50k - 10.5k -30k) = 19.5k damage. With 50k HP, you will take 17.5k (35% of 50k) + 0 (50k - 17.5k - 50k) = 17.5k damage.

That is how Force Armor works. So the higher your HP, the higher the mitigation. Only within very narrow damage ranges wil having lower HP actually result in Force Armor working better.

Yeah I messed up the numbers, but you were still wrong before. Now it's alright.

And the range is not that narrow, basically anything that hits you for 35%-135% of your lower HP will mean you would be hit for more if you had more HP, I just stupidly chose the number in the example. This is pretty wide range if you ask me. What it means is just that after reaching those ~30k hp if you ever have to choose between more vit or more armor/resists you pick resists.

MedIC86

I got this item:

n9Lip.png

You guys reckon this could be worth anything (seeing the int value and the level required)
or are people only looking for 60 items?

Woo-Fu

Banned
You guys reckon this could be worth anything (seeing the int value and the level required)

I put all my good "reduced level requirement" items on the RMAH with the following reasoning:

A new player won't have much in-game gold, but they might have plenty of money to waste. :) Alts, on the other hand, played by experienced players who do have gold probably won't bother with gear that much because the majority of "easy" EXP comes from questing, not killing.

RDreamer

I got this item:

n9Lip.png

I'm sure someone would love to have it, and it's worth more than a level 60 item with that dps, but the level req is only reduced by 6. I kind of doubt someone would pay that much for something they'll replace that quickly.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Got a bugged elite at 1hp blocking my path and I can't get passed him without dying or giving up my nv because of the enrage timer. gs blizzard.

Mystery

fuck being the 2nd to last post on the page

edit: in inferno :D please

Just start a game in normal difficulty on the last quest so you have all waypoints. Leave game. Join a public game. Leave game. Now you are in inferno on that quest with all the waypoints. :D

NH Apache

Banned
So I've run into something weird. I found this really good armor with a -6 level requirement (from lvl 46 to lvl 40).

6vUIe.png

So I want to sell it because the armor is far above norm for the level as seen below:

NNUcM.jpg

But when I try and search it, it only shows up when I search max level 46, not level 40 (US RMAH). So, basically, no one is going to see my armor now. I would think that is a bug. Sucks.

Cagey

Banned
Datamined info on the 1.0.3 patch... interesting # conversion for IAS.

Items
The attack speed affix has been reduced significantly on all items. The following list outlines all of the previous values and new values for each affix level. This should give you a rough idea of how much IAS you should expect to lose.

UPDATE: IAS on Quivers appears to be unchanged, I checked a few (including Dead Man's Legacy) and they retained their pre 1.0.3 values.
Weapons
​Haste 1: Old: (2-3%) New: (2%)
Haste 2: Old: (4-5%) New: (2%)
Haste 3: Old: (6-7%) New: (2-3%)
Haste 4: Old: (8-9%) New: (2-3%)
Haste 5: Old: (10-11%) New: (3-4%)
Haste 6: Old: (12-13%) New: (3-4%)
Haste 7: Old: (14-15%) New: (5%)
Haste 8: Old: (16-17%) New: (6-7%)
Haste 9: Old: (18-19%) New: (8-9%)
Haste 10: Old: (20-25%) New: (10-11%)

Other Types (Rings, Amulet, Gloves, Legendaries)
Haste 1: Old: (2-3%) New: (2%)
Haste 2: Old: (4-5%) New: (2-3%)
Haste 3: Old: (6-7%) New: (3-4%)
Haste 4: Old: (8-9%) New: (3-4%)
Haste 5: Old: (10-11%) New: (4-5%)
Haste 6: Old: (12-13%) New: (5-6%)
Haste 7: Old: (14-15%) New: (6-7%)
Haste 8: Old: (16-17%) New: (8-9%)

Crafting
Jeweler
Crafting fees for the following gems have been updated, in addition, the following combines only require 2 gems (down from 3). The crafting fees and gem requirements for levels above Flawless Square were not changed.
Flawless Square: 100g (previously 20,000g)
Square: 85g (previously 7,500g)
Radiant: 70g (previously 3,500g)
Perfect: 55g (previously 2,000g)
Flawless: 40g (previously 1,250g)
Normal: 25g (previously 750g)
Flawed: 10g (previously 500g)

LordCanti

My 15% gloves/quiver/rings will be 5%. More incentive to play the AH/RMAH instead of the actual game.

well i got it, lol. and thanks to bulletsmurf aka lordcanti for helping kill siegebreaker. that was a tough fight

That fight makes me rage without my +movement items. As big and fat as siegebreaker is, he runs twice as fast as me :p

balddemon

Banned
Just start a game in normal difficulty on the last quest so you have all waypoints. Leave game. Join a public game. Leave game. Now you are in inferno on that quest with all the waypoints. :D

well i got it, lol. and thanks to bulletsmurf aka lordcanti for helping kill siegebreaker. that was a tough fight

Anybody have an idea for the value of this:

It seems pretty good, but a quick glance of at least the GAH and I saw better or equivalent things for like 100k >_>

One better thing even had a buyout of about 60k. Those prices seem low for a 900+ DPS weapon.

Edit: Refining the search to include the IAS seems to post better results for price, but I'm still not sure.

Zzoram

Anybody have an idea for the value of this:

It seems pretty good, but a quick glance of at least the GAH and I saw better or equivalent things for like 100k >_>

One better thing even had a buyout of about 60k. Those prices seem low for a 900+ DPS weapon.

It's 2-handed. For 2-handed weapons you need to be over 1000 DPS to be considered high value, especially since some items currently go above 1400 DPS with IAS pre-nerf.

Rufus

Got a bugged elite at 1hp blocking my path and I can't get passed him without dying or giving up my nv because of the enrage timer. gs blizzard.
Had that happen two times. TP to town and back fixed it the second time it happened. First time it was a champion pack with health link, two of them bugged out. I just walked away then, because I didn't think to TP. Might have worked then, too.

Woo-Fu

Banned
IAS scaled too good. Now it's more in like with boosting primary stats.

Scaling hasn't changed at all. The amount of IAS you can find on items has. Kind of sucks, I've been putting off Andariel's Visage and set chestpiece because I felt I didn't need the additional IAS at this point. Now I'll have to buy them just to try to get back to my current 2.5 AS.

Rufus

How do you do that part?
Snipping Tool (Win Vista and 7 have it) or Paint or whatever, then just upload to your image host of choice. Tinypic (and I think Imageshack) are banned here, so don't use those. I like minus.com, just drag the file onto the site to upload.

... Or the above, I guess.

knitoe

Fuck you Blizz. Trying to buy a weapon. $1.15 short. So, I tried transfer over some selling money from paypal. Upto 3 fucking days to process.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
inferno demonic hellflyers - the worst thing ever for melee. Im actually doing good, even taking down rares with this build - a regular mob of demonic hellflyers? Destroy me. They do like... 25k per fireball.

MrDaravon

Hmm, wondering if I should RMAH my high Dex roll Andariel's Visage before the patch hits. It's still good obviously, but the attack speed % looks to be cut in about half, and in theory once they buff Legendaries a better version of it will drop anyway.

RDreamer

inferno demonic hellflyers - the worst thing ever for melee. Im actually doing good, even taking down rares with this build - a regular mob of demonic hellflyers? Destroy me. They do like... 25k per fireball.

They're so goddamned annoying when they run just out of reach, then when you give up to punch something else they come right back, taunting you.

I'm not sure what I hate worse, those or those pestilence things. I have no idea how to even go about beating a group of those pestilence guys. Their hand move is just devastating.

DTKT

Holy shit.

That IAS nerf is going to hurt everyone. I just don't understand why they didn't cap it at 2.00 IAS.

WELCOME TO THE BLIZZARD BALANCE ROLLERCOASTER.

Cipherr

Man, they are eviscerating IAS. Thats going to really gut the value of a lot of the items some folks have bought. Including myself. That seriously hurts bad as hell.

Do the people at Blizzard even know what the fuck they're doing now? Sheesh, they just like fucked over a lot of people who bought IAS weapons and such.

Neki

I honestly doubt Blizzard is going to butcher half of the high DPS weapons on the market like this. It'd make more sense if they had DR past a certain attack speed stack. Basically, your weapon is going to lose all of it's value if it rolled % attack speed, and it's going to skyrocket in price if it rolled % damage. It just doesn't make any game sense.

I honestly doubt Blizzard is going to butcher half of the high DPS weapons on the market like this. It'd make more sense if they had DR past a certain attack speed stack. Basically, your weapon is going to lose all of it's value if it rolled % attack speed, and it's going to skyrocket in price if it rolled % damage. It just doesn't make any game sense.

Yeah I mean that weapon I sold for $250 had 22% IAS on it.... If they really are going to half the IAS then that weapon is going to lose all its value.

Unicorn

Yeah I mean that weapon I sold for $250 had 22% IAS on it.... If they really are going to half the IAS then that weapon is going to lose all its value.

Seriously. It is like they aren't putting any forethought into any of these decisions. Halving the higher ranking IAS gear is only going to cause the pendulum of the market to swing the other way to flat damage, then what? Nerf that or Boost IAS to force the pendulum to swing back?

Also, DEM GEM PRICES!!! holy crap!

Cipherr

Do the people at Blizzard even know what the fuck they're doing now? Sheesh, they just like fucked over a lot of people who bought IAS weapons and such.

I just quickly unequipped and listed the two rings I recently bought for my build that had IAS Crit damage and AR/Crit chance or whatever. Trying to unload them and break even and walk sideways from this disaster before everyone knows about it. Luckily I didnt buy my other pieces centered around IAS because I knew a change was coming.

I had no idea though that we were going to be looking at near or around 66% drops in effectiveness though, that is absolutely insane.

I was thinking about that also. The people who have spent shitloads of gold they saved on that one Xbow/Bow with 25% AS on it? That shits about to get gutted from 25% to 11%? That is an incredible weapon dps loss......

So these guys just wake up to their shiny 1200-1300 dps bows losing hundreds of DPS? Is this real life?

Why not just put a cap on the total increased speed you can have? Blizzard does weird stuff. I'm looking forward to patch 1.0.6 (or whatever) where they probably nerf the monk for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom