• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Hah, sold all my IAS stuff a week ago for big bucks. For once, foresight has paid off and not come back to bite me!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Gonna lose at least 10k damage from the ias nerf. Not exactly sure what the math is on the weapon ias, but mine's 25% so I figure I'll lose 5k-10k more just from that. ias on weapons is fake damage anyway, so I'm more concerned with the equipment ias nerf.

Whooter

Okay, so my DH finished up Nightmare this morning, and I'm ready to start Hell.

What kind of Damage/HP/Resist numbers should I be looking at as a general guideline for starting out and not getting creamed? Is Act I going to be the cakewalk it has been for Normal and Nightmare? If so, what do I need to not get rolled by Act II when I get there?

Thanks for any and all advice! :)

LordCanti

Guys...I just want to say....that I love all of you. Viva la capitalism.

lx15l.jpg

6.7 million gold amulet....became $211.

Cipherr

Why not just put a cap on the total increased speed you can have? Blizzard does weird stuff. I'm looking forward to patch 1.0.6 (or whatever) where they probably nerf the monk for no reason.

Yeah, caps like they have on movement speed would have worked alot better, or some form of DR on the back end. That way people can still have valuable items if they hit the cap, and sell to recoup to those looking to hit the cap.

But to just gut tens of thousands of items already in the game like this is ugly after the RMAH went live. I am really thankful that I didnt start to buy great gear (with my IGG anyone using the RMAH just got taken for a ride) until after they blogged about IAS. I only have 2 pieces with it, I should hopefully unload it before this.

Whats odd though is:

• IAS items are too good and the player is benefiting tremendously from it. Nerf it drastically, and make said nerf retroactive ruining the value of the items with IAS.

• Legendary items are too horrible, and the player is finding them useless and overall underwhelming and unhelpful. Buff it menially, but lets not make it retro active bro! Only the stuff that drops in the future mane!

DTKT

Yeah, caps like they have on movement speed would have worked alot better, or some form of DR on the back end. That way people can still have valuable items if they hit the cap, and sell to recoup to those looking to hit the cap.

But to just gut tens of thousands of items already in the game like this is ugly after the RMAH went live. I am really thankful that I didnt start to buy great gear (with my IGG anyone using the RMAH just got taken for a ride) until after they blogged about IAS. I only have 2 pieces with it, I should hopefully unload it before this.

Whats odd though is:

• IAS items are too good and the player is benefiting tremendously from it. Nerf it drastically, and make said nerf retroactive ruining the value of the items with IAS.

• Legendary items are too horrible, and the player is finding them useless and overall underwhelming and unhelpful. Buff it menially, but lets not make it retro active bro! Only the stuff that drops in the future mane!

Yeah, that's a really weird one. They will ruin items bought with real money, yet they don't want to do the same with the Legendary items.

Unicorn

Guys...I just want to say....that I love all of you. Viva la capitalism.

lx15l.jpg

6.7 million gold amulet....became $211.

Man. I'm super jealous. I haven't played since hitting 60, partly because I feel i'll have to do such a time sink to find anything worth selling. Plus, I still feel I have no idea when I have an item of real value.

LordCanti

Man. I'm super jealous. I haven't played since hitting 60, partly because I feel i'll have to do such a time sink to find anything worth selling. Plus, I still feel I have no idea when I have an item of real value.

I took a ridiculous risk on an amulet last night. It was 1mil with like 5 minutes to go, and then I watched people bid...and bid...and snipe...and counter snipe..but I finally out-counter-sniped those counter sniping bastards with 5 seconds left on the auction.

Wedge7

I took a ridiculous risk on an amulet last night. It was 1mil with like 5 minutes to go, and then I watched people bid...and bid...and snipe...and counter snipe..but I finally out-counter-sniped those counter sniping bastards with 5 seconds left on the auction.

If you remember, what exactly the amulet was?

I have no clue what makes a $250 amulet.

Ploid 3.0

To be safe, I'm only attempting to get rid of one item, my Demon Hunter's 24% increased speed xbow. I was planning on upgrading anyway, and I play wizard now so I can wait.

RDreamer

Is it for sure that the IAS nerf *is* retroactive?

If it wasn't that's really fuck things up in an odd way I think. There'd be a damage plateau that no one but owners of the old stuff would eve really be able to cross. The value on that stuff would skyrocket beyond belief, too.

Cipherr

Is it for sure that the IAS nerf *is* retroactive?

Not really, but the same data mined info shows that quivers are not losing their current Attack Speed bonuses, they are retaining them. For some reason that makes me think that this will be retroactive.

It sort of has to be retroactive, but even if it wasnt, thats still the wrong way to handle this. They needed to cap the max IAS you can benefit from it while lowering the values on items very slightly. The same way movement speed is capped at 25%

Then folks can just sell off their excessive IAS pieces that put them over the cap, and they will retain much of their value.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
If it wasn't that's really fuck things up in an odd way I think. There'd be a damage plateau that no one but owners of the old stuff would eve really be able to cross. The value on that stuff would skyrocket beyond belief, too.

It's either that, or pissing off people who've spent real cash on items that won't be as good when the patch comes. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

RDreamer

It's either that, or pissing off people who've spent real cash on items that won't be as good when the patch comes. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

But in one instance they're damned from angry people. In the other they're possibly damned in that the game and economy would be broken.

Has there ever been a game like diablo where things were changed that drastically for the bad and the old items were kept in?

LordCanti

If you remember, what exactly the amulet was?

I have no clue what makes a $250 amulet.

It was literally the only item with rolls of its kind on the GAH, which is how I knew it would do well on the RMAH. I'd tell you exactly what it was, but there's only one other one like it up right now, and I'm planning on buying that one up as well if I can get it. If people saw mine sell, this one might get way higher than 6.7m.

Basically you're looking for something with perfect rolls for any specific class. Two classes if you can find it.

Chocobro

I really hate to bring this up again but what are the intended effects of IAS and ASI and how do they fall into those formulas and whatnot?
Which would have a bigger difference on my DPS: 12% ASI or 12% IAS? (assuming the bug is fixed of course)

LordCanti

Stupid question. What's a perfect roll?

Depends on the class. There are ranges for what stats items can roll. Then there are limits on how many magical properties items can roll with, and limitations based on what the item is.

Main stat + vita + high res all is usually a good combo, for instance.

Expanding on this, you want a high roll of everything for a high value item. If the vita range is 20-200, you want 200. The same goes for STR/DEX/INT/etc. The lower on the range those figures are, the less valuable the item. Armor is important as well, depending on the item. Good magical properties + low armor might be a deal breaker on some items.

damn speaking of that, i wonder if i should sell my 1 hd weapon with 19ias that does 962dps

If the nerf is on the mechanics of the game, yes. If it's only on items that drop after the nerf, then no. It's a gamble either way until we know for sure. If they don't nerf old items, the value on them will skyrocket.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
But in one instance they're damned from angry people. In the other they're possibly damned in that the game and economy would be broken.

Has there ever been a game like diablo where things were changed that drastically for the bad and the old items were kept in?

Yeah. Diablo 2.

MrDaravon

This is why they should have just put in an APS cap instead, avoids all of this.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

1.08 Exceptional and Elite uniques were nerfed to hell in 1.09, but the old ones were kept in. Certain ones were WAY better, like Arkaine's Valor.

Depends on the class. There are ranges for what stats items can roll. Then there are limits on how many magical properties items can roll with, and limitations based on what the item is.

Main stat + vita + high res all is usually a good combo, for instance.

Expanding on this, you want a high roll of everything for a high value item. If the vita range is 20-200, you want 200. The same goes for STR/DEX/INT/etc. The lower on the range those figures are, the less valuable the item. Armor is important as well, depending on the item. Good magical properties + low armor might be a deal breaker on some items.

If the nerf is on the mechanics of the game, yes. If it's only on items that drop after the nerf, then no. It's a gamble either way until we know for sure. If they don't nerf old items, the value on them will skyrocket.

Yeah.. I'm not sure what I want to do... Fuckkkkk

Shouta

I wonder if I could get 200 dollars for my 200 DEX, 120 STR, 360 LoH amulet.

Edit: Guess not, pretty similar amulets for 125 bucks or so.

LordCanti

Yeah.. I'm not sure what I want to do... Fuckkkkk

There will be a short window to dump your item after they make the announcement, if they are nerfing old items.

It's risky though.

There's no way they WON'T nerf the old items.

Didn't they do just that in D2?

I wonder if I could get 200 dollars for my 200 DEX, 120 STR, 360 LoH amulet.

Edit: Guess not, pretty similar amulets for 125 bucks or so.

If you can live without it for 36 hours, put it up. There's no harm in seeing what you might get for it.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
What items specifically? I don't remember a lot of stuff like that from D2, and I could never find anything worth anything because of my shit connection, so I don't know what all happened to the trading ecobomy in the game afterwards.

ehPXm.jpg

1.08 Exceptional and Elite uniques were nerfed to hell in 1.09, but the old ones were kept in. Certain ones were WAY better, like Arkaine's Valor.

They were left in for a while, but Blizzard eventually deleted all the super-powerful ones (like the one above), and left a lot of the less-powerful ones alone.

But this time, they have an officially sponsored real-money auction house where people are paying real bucks for these items, so it's hard to say if they'll retroactively nerf items people are paying real money for.

RDreamer

ehPXm.jpg

They eventually deleted all the super-powerful ones (like the one above), and left a lot of the less-powerful ones alone.

But this time, they have an officially sponsored real-money auction house where people are paying real bucks for these items, so it's hard to say if they'll leave the old items in or not.

Ah, yeah I do remember that one. But it is a bit different to nerf a whole affix like that and then leave the old ones there. I mean almost everyone has an item with that affix on it. Did D2 do any nerfs like that not on specific uniques, etc?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Critical Hit Damage % bonuses on weapons apply to all attacks, right? Or just damage that comes directly from that weapon (for example, when you're dual wielding).

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
All, just like life on hit isn't just for that specific weapon.

Awesome. Also how does the + X damage % modifier work? Does that apply to all damage you do? It seems like +50% damage on a weapon would be pretty ridiculous. I just learned that the attack speed % on a weapon applies to only that weapon, so I'm a bit confused how everything works now.

Oh my God....oh my God....Playing Solo Inferno Act 2 with my Wizard---I had a 4 stack going on and accidentally dragged my skill "4" off and it wiped my stack. I've never wanted to break something so much in my life.

Anyone playing through Hell at all? I need a break from Inferno and would jump into a game to help run through some quests.

goldensun

Oh my God....oh my God....Playing Solo Inferno Act 2 with my Wizard---I had a 4 stack going on and accidentally dragged my skill "4" off and it wiped my stack. I've never wanted to break something so much in my life.

Anyone playing through Hell at all? I need a break from Inferno and would jump into a game to help run through some quests.
Turn off elective mode so you can't drag them anymore. Sorry to hear :/

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I hear about people doing this, but I don't think I have ever come close to doing this. But I guess Barbarians would be much less likely to do this accidentally than a Wiz, WD or DH?

RS4-

Wow fuck, I think a few days ago I spent 500k just to upgrade to one of those uhh star gems.

Pretty sure I got fucked over by the new prices.

alife

Just for clarification, they are just nerfing Increases Attack Speed, not Attack Speed Increased By, right?

Would be a shame... I like my Andariel's Visage and Boj Anglers...

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Wow fuck, I think a few days ago I spent 500k just to upgrade to one of those uhh star gems.

Pretty sure I got fucked over by the new prices.

I don't think so, doesn't seem they are reducing the cost to go higher than what drops already, Flawless Squares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom