• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystery

iC9UHx5MSCTKF.png

How much is this worth?

Totakeke

Guessing you're talking to me. :p

I do have a separate set, just a few of these pieces overlap. The other stuff I have only gives me about 26k without SS and 221MF.

Crit bracers, better shoulders, better quiver, better gloves. Otherwise you basically have to spend big to really go to the next level.

Deadly

Guessing you're talking to me. :p

I do have a separate set, just a few of these pieces overlap. The other stuff I have only gives me about 26k without SS and 221MF.
Yeah my bad, I was expecting to have the post right below yours :lol I admit switching sets tends to be kinda hard but either way you were mentioning Whimsyshire and the loot really drops from the clouds rather than the mobs.

Thoraxes

So I just hit lvl 54, and suddenly this happens to my Witchdoctor.

wd.jpg-0019kiod.jpg

I'm not complaining. Stacked some Str and Vit gear, now I'm rocking Hell no problems.

I once wrote and gave a speech about that album in my undergrad. It was great. About 75% of it was about why bears are so great.

rCIZZLE

Crit bracers, better shoulders, better quiver, better gloves. Otherwise you basically have to spend big to really go to the next level.

Ya, shoulders were my next upgrade but couldn't find any with high dex that were reasonably priced or had other mods worth caring about. Kind of want to get a high ias dead man's since it seems quiver IAS isn't getting nerfed. Don't want to get IAS on anything else in case it's worthless in a few days.

Yeah my bad, I was expecting to have the post right below yours :lol I admit switching sets tends to be kinda hard but either way you were mentioning Whimsyshire and the loot really drops from the clouds rather than the mobs.

Ya, trying to find a setup that I can kill some of the elites though. The trash mobs are easy and I usually switch to MF gear when I clear a bigger area.

ezekial45

Banned
What can I get for these? I know these aren't max lvl items, but I'm sure they could go for something. I consider myself lucky for finding two legendary items within the span of half an hour.

WyFK1.png
KlzCI.png

"Your proceeds $67.11"

Woo, my first sale of something over $10. Now if only I could find an item that's actually good/someone stupid enough to go with it so I can get that coveted $250 sale.

Alex

That's it, meltdown point, fuck Monk, I'm going to play my Wizard or make a Demon Hunter or... somethin' that ain't Monk. Act IV Inferno has gotten to me in ways that a game has never gotten to me! I mad!

RDreamer

That's it, meltdown point, fuck Monk, I'm going to play my Wizard or make a Demon Hunter or... somethin' that ain't Monk. Act IV Inferno has gotten to me in ways that a game has never gotten to me! I mad!

Act III kind of did it for me. I'm making a DH now. Also making that because I have almost a whole set of dex armor sitting around with MF on it anyway. Figure I may as well pick the other character that can use it. I'll be able to rock inferno act 1 and possibly 2 by only buying a nice crossbow.

Artanisix

Why not wait it out 'til this Tuesday, when supposedly 1.0.3 comes out?

Could level a DH in the meantime though.

Fantomex

Hi guys, I just hit 50 as a barbarian. Any good leveling builds? It seems when I google I get 20 different builds. Don't know if there is an established "best" option for now.

Ferrio

Banned
Need some help from you DH experts. My ultimate goal is to be able to clear whimsyshire minus the elites with reflect damage and other impossible for glass cannon mods. I only have 1mil right now from upgrading some MF gear to this. I'm doing my best to clear it now so when I get some more gold what should I be looking to upgrade first?

equipt.png

equip2.png

3 big things I"m seeing.

1. No crit hit chance on your gloves
2. No crit hit chance on your bracers.
3. Your chest piece is low on discipline.

But ya someone said below, you're geared enough to clear act 4 for sure, so I assume same for whimmsey.

Alex

Why not wait it out 'til this Tuesday, when supposedly 1.0.3 comes out?

Could level a DH in the meantime though.

1.0.3 isn't going to screw Monk's head on properly, just lower the bar for the latter half of Inferno. Monk is also probably hurt the most by the IAS nerf, sadly. It relies on it for not just DPS but to prop up it's gimped Spirit generation and to keep LoH rolling which is the only thing that keeps your sorry ass alive for 1/4th of a second in Act III/IV.

Monk just feels like it's slacking at the moment, so I just think it's time for a bit o' change, I'll take a more serious stab at my Wizard and see if I don't have more fun with it. On the plus side, whenever I toil the ol' AH like this I always make some good bucks.

Earlier, I found a 150 Dex, 50 Vit, 220 LoH, 40 Phys Res, 20-50 damage ring for 1 million gold while having a peak on the gold AH. That'll resell for quite a bit more, I figure!

You guys make it sound playing a DH is so easy, hahah. Good luck with that though.

It's all rough, lot of kiting, lot of deaths, lot of bullshit but compared to a Monk a Demon Hunter is a lot faster and cheaper.

Need some help from you DH experts. My ultimate goal is to be able to clear whimsyshire minus the elites with reflect damage and other impossible for glass cannon mods. I only have 1mil right now from upgrading some MF gear to this. I'm doing my best to clear it now so when I get some more gold what should I be looking to upgrade first?

I'm pretty sure you can already "clear" whimsyshire, but you'll have to skip some of the elite packs and abuse the tree. Either that or block them with one of the items i mentioned earlier

Better if you have a wizard to do it with though, or maybe a WD

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I've got a decent magic find set. 200% MF and 190% gold with NV5. Getting a pretty good level 60 and 61 drop rate in act 1. Of course only 5% of them are worth enough to put on the AH, but in theory I should get some good gear at a decent rate after the patch.

Ashhong

equipt.png

How do you get so many item descriptions to show at the same time? Did you copy and paste a bunch or can you do it in game?

Einherjar

Cashed out this week, made $300~ so far with another $200~ in bids and $500~ expected in remaining gear.

All my chars are naked now lol, not much to do after killing Inferno Diablo anyways.

If every game had an RMAH, I could probably perpetually pay for my food/internet and the next game I transition to without ever working! RMAH is awesome.

rCIZZLE

I'm pretty sure you can already "clear" whimsyshire, but you'll have to skip some of the elite packs and abuse the tree. Either that or block them with one of the items i mentioned earlier

Better if you have a wizard to do it with though, or maybe a WD

Right now it's mostly just me in my group. Spent a lot of gold trying to get barb friend a little closer to being able to farm on his own. Sucks by the time my barb/monk/dh group can do well in whimsyshire the market will already be flooded with gg gear. :\

equipt.png

How do you get so many item descriptions to show at the same time? Did you copy and paste a bunch or can you do it in game?

Copy and pasted. If anybody knows of a more efficient way I'm all ears lol.

teh_pwn

Yep, monk sucks. Even at cheesing barrels, villagers, and item racks. Stupid vortex eats up all spirit and it doesn't regen. Wizard can just blast them anywhere on the screen and regen within seconds.

inky

You guys make it sound playing a DH is so easy, hahah. Good luck with that though.

I know it's not. I play with a friend of mine who switches between his DH and Wiz when we coop, he dies a lot but in the end he gets the damage and progression I can't alone. My amulet + 1 ring was like 4 million, my shield was 6 million, my set was like 1.5-2 million a piece and these are just OK items that don't get me through Act III. His accessories set was like 100k and he does fine, I gave him a couple of items I was going to AH (nothing greaT) and his DPS went up like 6-7k. Pretty much the only expensive thing he had to worry about was his weapon.

LOL, checked my RMAH sales, see like 4 items gone, then realize I put everything on Blizz bucks =/

Right now it's mostly just me in my group. Spent a lot of gold trying to get barb friend a little closer to being able to farm on his own. Sucks by the time my barb/monk/dh group can do well in whimsyshire the market will already be flooded with gg gear. :\

You might still be okay, but I can't really say for sure because I've never done it by myself. I don't even have the staff of herding, never found the gemstone

Although it'd take much longer, I'd much rather gear up a Monk/Barb. DH is so incredibly boring

Fucking discipline dependence.

I'm levelling up my monk now. If I get stuck in Act 1, so be it.

Standing off screen firing Nether Tentacles is not fun. AT ALL

teh_pwn

iC9UHx5MSCTKF.png

How much is this worth?

More than the cheapest ones on the AH because of the socket. The socket is an absolute must for most people.

I'd say 800k-1.4M based on prices I saw several days ago. If I were richer and didn't already have a decent helm I'd be interested as I have sages seekers.

sleepykyo

Until Belial it was considerably easier than my monk (which is still stuck in Terminus). The same dps weapon, half the armor and no resists and the DH passed got further in half the time.

Once properly geared up the Monk and Barbarian are considerably easier, until the gear check gets passed though, the DH is better. And even then the DH is probably better for solo farming.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Except I was one of the first Monk's in Inferno and I wasn't going to put in the 40 hours I needed to grind gear. I just stopped playing and made a DH to 60 and now I'm in Act IV with like 250k in gear.

Easy as shit.

eek5

What most people tend to ignore is that the real problem with pets is the same problem all "tanks" have in this game. There is no such thing as aggro control/manipulation. Tanks can't do anything to hold focus besides cross their fingers, although monk's vortex(I don't know the real name) is a decent alternative.

Barb has a shout rune that makes enemies in a 25 yd radius attack them for 3 seconds (15s CD) and a ground stomp that sucks in and stuns similar to Monk's cyclone. I personally just use a cold weapon to ensnare everything I'm tanking which slows down the enemies a lot and at least buys time for me to sprint ahead of them if they break free.

Cold weapon is kind of hit or miss with monk since some of their attacks are elemental damage and don't benefit from cold weapons though.

Mystery

More than the cheapest ones on the AH because of the socket. The socket is an absolute must for most people.

I'd say 800k-1.4M based on prices I saw several days ago. If I were richer and didn't already have a decent helm I'd be interested as I have sages seekers.

Thanks. I'll probably put it on the GAH for about 1.4. It looks cool when you have it on your character, though. The stones circle around your head.

Won

Although it'd take much longer, I'd much rather gear up a Monk/Barb. DH is so incredibly boring

Fucking discipline dependence.

I'm levelling up my monk now. If I get stuck in Act 1, so be it.

Standing off screen firing Nether Tentacles is not fun. AT ALL

That's why I roll with Strafe ever since I got the ability. Couldn't stand the class otherwise.

Wallach

Except I was one of the first Monk's in Inferno and I wasn't going to put in the 40 hours I needed to grind gear. I just stopped playing and made a DH to 60 and now I'm in Act IV with like 250k in gear.

Easy as shit.

It's definitely easier, so long as you are playing softcore.

teh_pwn

Thanks. I'll probably put it on the GAH for about 1.4. It looks cool when you have it on your character, though. The stones circle around your head.

You know you can search for them by typing in the set name. If similar ones are selling for 1.2 M yours wont' sell so you should check. There's lots of them, but I don't recall how many have sockets.

Totakeke

I won't argue it's much cheaper to gear glass cannon, but I'm impressed if you can solo bosses to act 4 with just 250k in gear. :p

Mystery

You know you can search for them by typing in the set name. If similar ones are selling for 1.2 M yours wont' sell so you should check. There's lots of them, but I don't recall how many have sockets.

Yeah, I checked, and most of them with sockets have a buyout price of 2million+, and those that are cheaper with sockets don't have a primary attribute with 100+. I figured, though, that if they're still listed at 2mil+, they're not selling.

What most people tend to ignore is that the real problem with pets is the same problem all "tanks" have in this game. There is no such thing as aggro control/manipulation. Tanks can't do anything to hold focus besides cross their fingers, although monk's vortex(I don't know the real name) is a decent alternative.

I was wondering about this the other day, I just don't understand why tanks aren't allowed to control aggro. I have a good friend who is a barb and as a dh it would be a good combo if he could actually control aggro, but the best he can do is groundstop wrenching smash if they head towards me but its never enough, because theres always a couple that get away and with a 10 second cooldown its not that efficient.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
What can I get for these? I know these aren't max lvl items, but I'm sure they could go for something. I consider myself lucky for finding two legendary items within the span of half an hour.

WyFK1.png

THAT's the Blizzard Cannon? Jesus what a pale shadow of the D2 unique...

Use rain of vengence, stampede. You still need to work it, but it'll be much easier.

Of course, no discounting certain affixes...
tried everything, impossible. I even opened up my game and me a barb and a wizard couldn't even beat it. It was just a combination that was physically impossible to defeat.

REAL CHALLENGING !!111!11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom