• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Won

Is the Attack Speed nerf going to be retroactive? If so, how can they do it from a legal perspective. People bought some of these items with money and they are just going to arbitrarily change the items effectively defrauding the user out of the item they purchased.

There were a lot of "Accepts" you had to click befor using the RMAH.

Hero said:
I dunno if I'm doing my DH right, Act 2 inferno fucking sucks. I can kill mobs but seriously am such a glass cannon at even 43k health. Am I really that undergeared? Would like some GAF bros to help me out maybe.

Don't forget Armor and Resistance. Also the Numbing Traps passive is a winner if you use Caltrops.

theta11

Is the Attack Speed nerf going to be retroactive? If so, how can they do it from a legal perspective. People bought some of these items with money and they are just going to arbitrarily change the items effectively defrauding the user out of the item they purchased.

Defrauding is the wrong word as it wasn't Blizzard who sold the items, it was a player. And I'm pretty sure they have something to cover themselves in the ToU that we all agreed to and didn't read. lol =/

rCIZZLE

So what's this demon's carapace plan worth? AH price seems kind of fishy... 20mil is the buyout with the last 10 being exactly 15mil a piece.

Sarcasm

Doom in Wortham
The Road to Alcarnus>Lieutenant Vachem

or if you have a lot of +XP/kill items you can probably run the start of A3/raise catapults

depending on your class, the Lieutenant Vachem quest or act IV isaktu. isaktu is faster but hard as inferno for DH

I am a little lost on how to get there..what does the circle mean in my screenshots? Why don't I have everything unlocked?

(Pictures link to direct image)​

LordCanti

Defrauding is the wrong word as it wasn't Blizzard who sold the items, it was a player. And I'm pretty sure they have something to cover themselves in the ToU that we all agreed to and didn't read. lol =/

I'm pretty sure it probably says something along the lines of "All digital property belongs to Blizzard, who can change, modify, delete, or revoke any property at any time"

Couple that with a line about how they can close your account without showing cause (which almost every publisher has in their EULA's) and they are pretty covered, legally speaking.

maharg

idspispopd
I'm pretty sure it probably says something along the lines of "All digital property belongs to Blizzard, who can change, modify, delete, or revoke any property at any time"

Couple that with a line about how they can close your account without showing cause (which almost every publisher has in their EULA's) and they are pretty covered, legally speaking.

Well, except that they'd never refer to it as property at all. It's just licensed to you (just like all the software you use).

LordCanti

Well, except that they'd never refer to it as property at all. It's just licensed to you (just like all the software you use).

"Blizzard owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appear in the Service or the Games. You agree that, except as set forth in a Game EULA, you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in any Game, or any other attributes associated with the Account or stored on the Service. Blizzard does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of a Game, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the “real world” of anything that appears or originates in a Game, unless such transfer is made using a marketplace explicitly authorized or administered by Blizzard, including without limitation, the Diablo III Real Money Auction House."

They use the word property quite a bit while covering their asses. (In this section, and the other sections of the EULA) In so far as to say "You don't have any property; We have property" anyway.

Zyzyxxz

Fuck. Just hit my first wall. Act IV. Izual. Nightmare. Wizard. My build is built around using arcane orb for main damage and magic missile to recharge my arcane power whilst kiteing. I only use diamond skin if I get in a pinch, which is basically right off the bat for Izual as he can teleport straight to me. I have to let it recharge, but he just teleports to me again and one shots me. I've tried like 20 times.

What do I do guys? :(

Wow you're in Act4 and still using diamond skin? I thought it was pretty much worthless at that point. Like other poster said use teleport with fracture and you will be a kiting king.

Sarcasm

Wow you're in Act4 and still using diamond skin? I thought it was pretty much worthless at that point. Like other poster said use teleport with fracture and you will be a kiting king.

I am lvl 49 and I even get one shotted with TP and DS..what should I be using?

Zyzyxxz

I am lvl 49 and I evne get one shotted with TP and DS..what should I be using?

I was referring to Inferno Act4.

But if you are getting one shotted replace your DS with an arcane shield with the resistance rune. If you are still getting one shotted then you need better gear sorry.

Sh1ner

Guys how do you go about doing a price check? I am currently on nightmare just knocked belial down the first time. I got a lot of rares.

I generally do a search and look at other stuff already on the auction house. I see rares with lesser stats then mine going for 150k gold. I put mine up on default price 300 gold and a buyout option of 90k and there is not even a bid for it.

What gives? Am I missing something fundamental here?

LordCanti

Guys how do you go about doing a price check? I am currently on nightmare just knocked belial down the first time. I got a lot of rares.

I generally do a search and look at other stuff already on the auction house. I see rares with lesser stats then mine going for 150k gold. I put mine up on default price 300 gold and a buyout option of 90k and there is not even a bid for it.

Find similar items on the AH and see if they actually have bids or not (check by clicking bid; If the minimum bid it offers you is the same as the current "bid", then that is just the minimum the seller has set, and there are no real bids).

Other than that, it's really just luck. When I know how much something should go for, I usually just try it with that price as a min/max (forgoing bidding altogether and just hoping someone will buy out).

Oh, and be prepared for things to not sell multiple times. I've had to re-list things five times before finally getting them sold. Gold is gold, no matter how long it takes.

lol, that was so weird, I'm almost 100% that somehow, someway, the server lagged or something for a brief moment, and it duped my item twice.

Doing my standard pony run, go to festering woods to get a quick 5 stack, I got the 5 stacks, I'm in town, hoping for some lvl60 shit to salvage, vender the rest. I notice some crap 2hander, "Damn, not 60, heh, funny number, 222.2...hrm..another..wtf..." At this point, I think my head is playing tricks with me. But much to my surprise, I notice I have two of these swords in my inventory..side by side, exact same name and dps.

...Why couldnt this have happened with anything else!??

I've heard stories like this before. I'm sure there are sploiters out there desperately trying to figure out the secret to making this happen.

Wedge7

lol, that was so weird, I'm almost 100% that somehow, someway, the server lagged or something for a brief moment, and it duped my item twice.

Doing my standard pony run, go to festering woods to get a quick 5 stack, I got the 5 stacks, I'm in town, hoping for some lvl60 shit to salvage, vender the rest. I notice some crap 2hander, "Damn, not 60, heh, funny number, 222.2...hrm..another..wtf..." At this point, I think my head is playing tricks with me. But much to my surprise, I notice I have two of these swords in my inventory..side by side, exact same name and dps.

...Why couldnt this have happened with anything else!??

Sarcasm

I was referring to Inferno Act4.

But if you are getting one shotted replace your DS with an arcane shield with the resistance rune. If you are still getting one shotted then you need better gear sorry.

Are you talking about Energy armor?

**You are and I have to be 60 for resist rune.

Sh1ner

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking of selling items a lot lower value for a quick turn around but that would mean I was helping to bottom out the market which nobody really wants.

It sucks that you can't set your own times for auctions. I think that makes the biggest influence in maintaining item value on the market.

LordCanti

Is breaking pots in Act 4 actually a way to possibly obtain gear lol? If so, where would be the best spot for this...

Breaking pots anywhere is a decent way to get gear. They drop gold, then you go to the AH lol.

If you've just hit 60, you could probably double your DPS for 200-300k.

No, pots got nerfed.

The Act 4 ones did? I hadn't noticed (I never do A4. Oppressors make me want to rage quit life).

I found this somewhere... it's not a great level 60 weapon but surely it's really good for a level 57 monk? A quick search of the auction house shows that level 57 1 handers peak at around 400-450dps, so this is a huge improvement. For some reason though I can't seem to sell it on the GAH or RMAH. Am I overvaluing the item? What should I try to sell it for (on either AH)?

igBUREpC9OhtG.jpg

Also Nightmare level gear isn't going to be in very high demand. Unless it's a godly roll, certainly not anything more than 50k. You see the things going for 150k, that doesn't mean they're selling. People only really need to start looking at the AH at Hell.

I found this somewhere... it's not a great level 60 weapon but surely it's really good for a level 57 monk? A quick search of the auction house shows that level 57 1 handers peak at around 400-450dps, so this is a huge improvement. For some reason though I can't seem to sell it on the GAH or RMAH. Am I overvaluing the item? What should I try to sell it for (on either AH)?

Level requirement reduced by 3 is pretty worthless. The stat is only good when it's at least 7+. If it was 53 or below (especially 50 and below) it would be worth a small fortune. That said, it's still itemized well and would be good for someone finishing off Hell and entering Inferno. Would last at least through Act 1 Inferno. Not sure what I'd price it at though.

---

In other news:

Got my Templar up to 60 doing Wortham runs. He's got 700 some DPS and just under 40k HP (perhaps just over), but his armor and resists seem a little low. I've yet to take him out to see how squishy or tanky he is with the gear I got him. Definitely needs a better shield at least. If he can take more than 1 hit distracting elite mobs, he's pretty much already better than the Enchantress. (Side note: Anyone else notice that your follower will rez before you? They'll be corporeal before the player character will, and so will draw fire from any mobs on the checkpoint and probably die before you even can fight stuff. Pretty fucking useless then.)

Wortham runs are boring as fuck though. It takes 12+ to go from 59-60 on a follower. I did two on the Scoundrel before wrapping up for the night, and I have some better gear for him than I did the Templar (some of my old gear), but I don't know how useful he'll be to me. I'll probably take him out instead of the Enchantress (who I already had at 60) if I want a DPS character though. Hysteria combined with my Sharpshooter should be pretty good. I'm a bit tired of the Enchantress' schtick.

LordCanti

How much have you been asking for it?

Neki

igBUREpC9OhtG.jpg

I'm sure there is weapons with level reduction 8+ that do more dps than yours and cost less.

sorry.

ElyrionX

51esb.jpg

Ashodin, Melee Demon Hunter
Level 60, Farming Act 1 Inferno Jailer and Butcher

So I finally got to the point where I'm in act 2, and holy god do I need gear. So I'm currently sitting on Butcher farm runs, which is pretty damn fun, as I'm fine tuning the shit out of my build. I just discovered the bursty goodness that is Spike Trap (Scatter 3 drop glyph), and holy FUCK is it amazing in melee range. If all three explode on enemies it's 825% weapon damage. On bosses that are normally large, it eats into a huge fucking chunk of their health. Basically, the rotation is to drop in front of a pack of mobs Caltrops and Spike Trap, run back a couple feet and watch it do its thing while bombarding them with Grenades, then drop traps whenever they explode. It's AOE bursty goodness that just makes me smile.

I love playing melee on this guy.

Interesting. I was just wondering what melee DHs look like. Too bad DHs have no true melee Hatred generators. Grenades is such an uninspired skill.

Level requirement reduced by 3 is pretty worthless. The stat is only good when it's at least 7+. If it was 53 or below (especially 50 and below) it would be worth a small fortune. That said, it's still itemized well and would be good for someone finishing off Hell and entering Inferno. Would last at least through Act 1 Inferno. Not sure what I'd price it at though.

Ah I wasn't aware of that.

How much have you been asking for it?

Multiple attempts on both auction houses. 3$, 5$ and ranging between 100-300k gold buyouts. I've sold early level 40s weapons for 50k so I figured this would at least go for 100. Guess I was wrong.

LordCanti

Interesting. I was just wondering what melee DHs look like. Too bad DHs have no true melee Hatred generators. Grenades is such an uninspired skill.

Also no defense beyond Shadow Power + Gloom. The second it wears off, the mob you're going up against melee-style is going to punt you like a football.

Why arent elite Swarm and Soul Rippers just overthrow Diablo to be the Prime Evil.

This is a legit question.

The lore doesn't make a whole lot of sense, honestly. It's best not to think about it.

ElyrionX

Also no defense beyond Shadow Power + Gloom. The second it wears off, the mob you're going up against melee-style is going to punt you like a football

That too. Seems like melee Wizards are far more viable given their skillset.

I haven't had much experience with Barbs and WDs but it does seem like Wizards are the most versatile class around. They can go DPS or tanky and they can also go ranged or melee. I'm just glad I mained the Wizard right from the staart.

Ashodin

Also no defense beyond Shadow Power + Gloom. The second it wears off, the mob you're going up against melee-style is going to punt you like a football.

The lore doesn't make a whole lot of sense, honestly. It's best not to think about it.

Depending on the enemies I can wade into them with my resists / armor and with enough Life on Hit the AOE damage keeps me up. Certain elites require more of a "short range" melee kiting approach, not unlike what Monks have to do at certain points.

I'll tell you what though, it's a HELL of a lot of fun.

And on the subject of Melee Hatred Generators, yeah I agree they need to throw DHs a bone on that. I was thinking that they could at least add a line to Archery and make it work with melee weapons and just rename it "Weapon Training" or something.

ElyrionX

Depending on the enemies I can wade into them with my resists / armor and with enough Life on Hit the AOE damage keeps me up. Certain elites require more of a "short range" melee kiting approach, not unlike what Monks have to do at certain points.

I'll tell you what though, it's a HELL of a lot of fun.

And on the subject of Melee Hatred Generators, yeah I agree they need to throw DHs a bone on that. I was thinking that they could at least add a line to Archery and make it work with melee weapons and just rename it "Weapon Training" or something.

Looking at your skills, any reason why you're not using the Awareness rune on Impale and the Fan of Knives skill? Both seem like natural fits for a melee DH.

LordCanti

The commodities portion of the GAH is driving me nuts. "Average of the last 10 trades: 1040" yet it's offering me 2k as a price. The average never seems to move, yet I'm never offered anything that low.

Y u no give me cheap gems, AH?

I think some people will sell stuff for the lowest buyout to drop the average then try to snipe out listings that show up cheap. Wouldn't be surprised if a bot is doing it.

It would be amazing if we could set up a death match between fire chain fast shielding soul rippers vs Diablo :lol

Turns out their software is just kind of junk. I got a purchase refund roughly bringing my purchase to the average.

eek5

The commodities portion of the GAH is driving me nuts. "Average of the last 10 trades: 1040" yet it's offering me 2k as a price. The average never seems to move, yet I'm never offered anything that low.

I think some people will sell stuff for the lowest buyout to drop the average then try to snipe out listings that show up cheap. Wouldn't be surprised if a bot is doing it.

Why won't the elite Swarm and Soul Rippers just overthrow Diablo to be the Prime Evil.

This is a legit question.

It would be amazing if we could set up a death match between fire chain fast shielding soul rippers vs Diablo :lol

GJS

It shows you something like the current cheapest commodity price, and then the average is lowered by people significantly undercutting everyone else and don't last long.

Forgot about this in my last post, but it ended up kind of dense anyway:

For Demon Hunters - try out Evasive Fire/Covering Fire as a Hatred generator/primary skill.

I think you'll be surprised how good it is, and it probably only gets better at higher gear levels.

For one thing, it's hitscan. As long as the enemy is on the screen and you clicked them, it will hit and hit instantly. No missing at all.

The interesting thing about the hitscan aspect is that the skill will penetrate walls you get from Waller affix mobs, and I believe go around corners (if you can see the mob.)

The instant backflip is cheap on Discipline and pretty convenient for an extra edge kiting if fast mobs get close and you're too low to use SS.

Now Hungering Arrow is still probably my generator of choice due to homing and being able to hit enemies offscreen, popping a few off while running and have them (probably) hit. However, Evasive Fire makes a nice strong contrast to Tentacles or Ball Lighting which work similarly to Hungering Arrow (although they are slower to fire/travel.)

Shielding is one of my least favorite affixes right now. It dramatically increases the EHP of mobs, and is almost as bad as Invulnerable Minions (though that can be exponentially worse depending on the type of mob and how dangerous the other affixes are.) Shielding + Extra Health and some other nasty modifiers, particularly on a mob with built-in Fast is the stuff nightmares are made of.

Cipherr

So I was going to start farming that level in Act 3 where you can shoot the mobs and they cannot fire back, allowing you to kill them while undergeared. I ran down, and decided to try some Swifty styled kiting and apparrently my gear is more than well enough to do it. 500 phy resists, 400 in the other resists, 40k dps and 33k health in my unfinished set of gear (lots of my slots need upgrades bad, Im currently working on it piece by piece).

I went from planning to restart game multiple times cheesing the elite packs to just flat out destroying them, getting five stacks, then running around looking for more and getting some great loot.

That awkward moment when you realize you have edged over the gear check wall I guess /shrug.

Neki

So I was going to start farming that level in Act 3 where you can shoot the mobs and they cannot fire back, allowing you to kill them while undergeared. I ran down, and decided to try some Swifty styled kiting and apparrently my gear is more than well enough to do it. 500 phy resists, 400 in the other resists, 40k dps and 33k health in my unfinished set of gear (lots of my slots need upgrades bad, Im currently working on it piece by piece).

I went from planning to restart game multiple times cheesing the elite packs to just flat out destroying them, getting five stacks, then running around looking for more and getting some great loot.

That awkward moment when you realize you have edged over the gear check wall I guess /shrug.

The moment you can survive one spear hit in Act 3 is when you're ready to farm it. :p

Cipherr

The moment you can survive one spear hit in Act 3 is when you're ready to farm it. :p

Haha! Yeah I noticed that. They dont one hit me, and its a good thing. The projectile speed is amazing on those.

My problem is that I never really bothered playing much, or any of inferno solo. Any time I did I was intentionally cheesing some farming spot, or in a full suit of MF gear doing Tyrael assisted chest/elite runs. In single player these elites have shit for HP. I just MELT them with the 90-100k crits. Its not even close. My follower is all:

Hey! Look at that Thing over the...

A hard fight! Time to loot!

Shit is crazy. Had no idea single player made this so much easier. I pretty much always played in a party.

eek5

Shielding is one of my least favorite affixes right now. It dramatically increases the EHP of mobs, and is almost as bad as Invulnerable Minions (though that can be exponentially worse depending on the type of mob and how dangerous the other affixes are.) Shielding + Extra Health and some other nasty modifiers, particularly on a mob with built-in Fast is the stuff nightmares are made of.

Yeah, shielding is probably my least favorite affix. I kind of don't even mind invuln except for the fact that you can sometimes switch target to the minions and it's hard to pick the champ back out (as melee) but it's easy to just focus the elite down. Shielding is terrible for melee because all of my healing is through dealing damage and if I can't damage the champs then I can't heal which is terrible.

Shielding + Extra Health = fuck that lol

Neki

Honestly, mobs that get a free affix are the worst. Phase beasts and demonic tremors are terrible for this. Phase beasts with shielding/walling is so fucking annoying because it's impossible to tank them when they constantly have shielding up or a wall blocking projectiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom