• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totakeke

tried everything, impossible. I even opened up my game and me a barb and a wizard couldn't even beat it. It was just a combination that was physically impossible to defeat.

REAL CHALLENGING !!111!11

Just shoot elemental arrows while they're knockback off screen from stampede, caltrops kite around until the cooldown resets and repeat. Of course if your dps is too low that may be the problem.

RDreamer

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

HAS ANYONE HERE ACTUALLY BEAT ELITE SOUL RIPPERS?

Because if you say you did you're LYING. It's IMPOSSIBLE.

I did just a day or two ago in the keep part of Act 3 inferno with my Monk. What's interesting was that I was in a group with another DH and a Barb. Except the barb was dead and afk or something the entire freaking time (they really need to make the vote kick option actually work...). They weren't too hard, actually, but we rolled decently non-impossible mods for them. I got them to a doorway and kind of held them off there while the DH stood back and hit 'em.

If I remember correctly part of why they were easier was that they were wallers, too. So when I had them in a good spot they'd try to wall me in and usually they'd wall themselves away from me, too. I could then punch them through the wall, and they would just sit there like idiots sometimes. The key thing was keeping ahead of them, though and trying to keep them in a doorway. Of course that wouldn't' have worked so well if they were arcane or something else crazy that would have made me move every 3 seconds.

Einherjar

tried everything, impossible. I even opened up my game and me a barb and a wizard couldn't even beat it. It was just a combination that was physically impossible to defeat.

You can beat them as a wiz if you've got ~15 million in gear. I had around 19k HP, 2200 HP regen/sec, Diamond Skin + Force Armor, ~800 all resist base (Zunimassa set with ~75All resist boots. You can pretty much tank them with a bit of Venom Hydra / Blizzard kiting. My armor was around 7500 after Energy Armor and about 55k DPS after force weapon.

Shouta

I can solo Elite Soul Rippers if the affixes aren't totally stupid and gross. Avenger/Reflect Damage/Vampiric/Mortar has to be like my favorite set because I can just sit in their faces and pound them into mush as my Monk, assuming they don't get like several lucky attacks in and start running away.

You can beat them as a wiz if you've got ~15 million in gear. I had around 19k HP, 2200 HP regen/sec, Diamond Skin + Force Armor, ~800 all resist base (Zunimassa set with ~75All resist boots. You can pretty much tank them with a bit of Venom Hydra / Blizzard kiting. My armor was around 7500 after Energy Armor and about 55k DPS after force weapon.

I'm just now cracking the mid-20ks DPS, act 1.

Narag

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

Yeah, it usually involved dragging them to a zone entrance, leaving, coming back in, dropping traps, hitting SS as they detonate then exiting.

Or kiting them through narrow rooms with spike traps/caltrops.

Ashodin

51esb.jpg

Ashodin, Melee Demon Hunter
Level 60, Farming Act 1 Inferno Jailer and Butcher

So I finally got to the point where I'm in act 2, and holy god do I need gear. So I'm currently sitting on Butcher farm runs, which is pretty damn fun, as I'm fine tuning the shit out of my build. I just discovered the bursty goodness that is Spike Trap (Scatter 3 drop glyph), and holy FUCK is it amazing in melee range. If all three explode on enemies it's 825% weapon damage. On bosses that are normally large, it eats into a huge fucking chunk of their health. Basically, the rotation is to drop in front of a pack of mobs Caltrops and Spike Trap, run back a couple feet and watch it do its thing while bombarding them with Grenades, then drop traps whenever they explode. It's AOE bursty goodness that just makes me smile.

I love playing melee on this guy.

sleepykyo

I did just a day or two ago in the keep part of Act 3 inferno with my Monk. What's interesting was that I was in a group with another DH and a Barb. Except the barb was dead and afk or something the entire freaking time (they really need to make the vote kick option actually work...). They weren't too hard, actually, but we rolled decently non-impossible mods for them. I got them to a doorway and kind of held them off there while the DH stood back and hit 'em.

If I remember correctly part of why they were easier was that they were wallers, too. So when I had them in a good spot they'd try to wall me in and usually they'd wall themselves away from me, too. I could then punch them through the wall, and they would just sit there like idiots sometimes. The key thing was keeping ahead of them, though and trying to keep them in a doorway. Of course that wouldn't' have worked so well if they were arcane or something else crazy that would have made me move every 3 seconds.

Worked the last time I tried to kick someone. Is it possible someone just didn't vote?

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
For the monks out there, how good is life per spirit spent? I'm trying to help my friend to gear his monk.

Step 1: Make your monk naked
Step 2: put all inventory in your stash
Step 3: Leave Game
Step 4: Switch Hero
Step 5: Create New Character
Step 6: Don't select monk class

Shouta

For the monks out there, how good is life per spirit spent? I'm trying to help my friend to gear his monk.

Very little at the moment outside of Transcendence because good gear with high values of it is hard to get. If you can get an additional +50 on top of the trait though, it's very sweet and anymore in addition to that is gravy.

Totakeke

Step 1: Make your monk naked
Step 2: put all inventory in your stash
Step 3: Leave Game
Step 4: Switch Hero
Step 5: Create New Character
Step 6: Don't select monk class

Heh. But seriously. :p

Very little at the moment outside of Transcendence because good gear with high values of it is hard to get. If you can get an additional +50 on top of the trait though, it's very sweet and anymore in addition to that is gravy.

So 50 is the magic number eh? Might as well try. Thanks.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Heh. But seriously. :p

Well I gave up, but in hindsight "reduce controlling effects duration by x%" is probably useful when you're getting gang raped with walling, teleport, frozen, poison, arcane turrents, and other stuff.

Besides that, lots of DEX, VIT, armor, all resist. Really hard to get these.

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

You're a Barb right? Equip Sprint with Run Like the Wind. Equip Battle Rage with Into the Fray. Find a circular area where you can kite. Kite until dead.

Wedge7

Can anyone educate me on Mojo's? I honestly have absolutely no clue what they are worth, or what makes one good or bad. I tend to just vender them now, as the ones I put up never sell. I cant even tell if their shit or great. I get that they need certain things that the WD's use, such as int or mana, but besides that, I have no clue. Whats a good damage range? Is it decent if it has a huge range IE 50-300, or smaller 100-200? I tried searching using AH, but I see ones that appear to be crappy at high prices, but ones that have nice damage at low prices!?? I cant even search using damage, is the damage itself of the mojo the number #1 stat on mojos to begin with, or are you more interested in the other stats themselves like int/vit, and damage is secondary?

Can anyone educate me on Mojo's? I honestly have absolutely no clue what they are worth, or what makes one good or bad. I tend to just vender them now, as the ones I put up never sell. I cant even tell if their shit or great. I get that they need certain things that the WD's use, such as int or mana, but besides that, I have no clue. Whats a good damage range? Is it decent if it has a huge range IE 50-300, or smaller 100-200? I tried searching using AH, but I see ones that appear to be crappy at high prices, but ones that have nice damage at low prices!?? I cant even search using damage, is the damage itself of the mojo the number #1 stat on mojos to begin with, or are you more interested in the other stats themselves like int/vit, and damage is secondary?

High high damage, 300+ is usually good. High Int, Crit chance, and sometimes they come with like +% to poison darts.

Main things I look for anyways.

eek5

min+max/2 = 200 or more is good. 240 or more is great

Unfortunately you can't search by damage so mojos that sell pretty much need to have good property rolls outside of damage if you want them found unless you go for a private sale.

int
mana regen
crit%
vit

Those are probably the 4 most important properties. You might be able to sell good prop rolls w/ bad damage. I've never tried but players that don't know any better might buy it.

Wedge7

Ah, thanks a ton guys, gives me some semblance of what I should be looking for when selling. So that min+max/2 = 200 or higher is good thing especially sounds helpful, can do a quick calculation in my head to see if its even worth throwing up on the AH or not wasting my time.

HenryHSH

Was it a shitty Stormshield or are prices dropping? I thought those were going for like $200+

It's a decent shield. Anything $200+ isn't selling unless it's 30% block or more. I've found 30% block 4% melee / 5% elites for $50, so I'm satisfied with what I got for my shield. (2nd stormshield I sold)

inky

I sold mine for $70 and it was only 24%. It did have Phys Resist (and low Vit, or something else, I think) which seems to be pretty uncommon. It sold within the first 5 minutes too, so I'm guessing I could've sold it for a bit more.

Fuck. Just hit my first wall. Act IV. Izual. Nightmare. Wizard. My build is built around using arcane orb for main damage and magic missile to recharge my arcane power whilst kiteing. I only use diamond skin if I get in a pinch, which is basically right off the bat for Izual as he can teleport straight to me. I have to let it recharge, but he just teleports to me again and one shots me. I've tried like 20 times.

What do I do guys? :(

It's a decent shield. Anything $200+ isn't selling unless it's 30% block or more. I've found 30% block 4% melee / 5% elites for $50, so I'm satisfied with what I got for my shield. (2nd stormshield I sold)

Ahh, I didn't even look since the first day of the RMAH and then even bad ones were $100. Guess that means the RMAH is coming down in prices. Not that anything else was expected

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
You're a Barb right? Equip Sprint with Run Like the Wind. Equip Battle Rage with Into the Fray. Find a circular area where you can kite. Kite until dead.

This works amazingly well on lots of things. Then you run into a Jailer with some other nasty affixes.

Yeah, you don't need to kite as much (or at all, depending) as a Barb or Monk. If you kite downwards you're essentially switching between clicking above your character and below your character rapidly. When you panic or you're kinda sloppy for a bit you might end up accidentally pulling a skill off your bar. Sucks.

Just so you know, if you turn off elective mode after arranging your skills with it on, your skillbar is locked. it works as a kludgy fix until they add bar locks in 1.03

Fuck. Just hit my first wall. Act IV. Izual. Nightmare. Wizard. My build is built around using arcane orb for main damage and magic missile to recharge my arcane power whilst kiteing. I only use diamond skin if I get in a pinch, which is basically right off the bat for Izual as he can teleport straight to me. I have to let it recharge, but he just teleports to me again and one shots me. I've tried like 20 times.

What do I do guys? :(
You know those circular holes in the area? Always try to keep yourself on the other side of Izual when his teleport attack is off cooldown. That fight gave me a lot of problems too in Nightmare. Make sure you have teleport w/ fracture, the decoys are amazing and the TP gains you distance to keep yourself on the other side of a hole. Don't get frozen.

You could also get a friend to help. It's MUCH easier with a tanky class to eat his shit for you, though they may end up dying instead.

Ketch

Got my WD to 60.. just started act IV Hell. Quick question... does elemental damage from weapons effect spells? For instance if my dagger has +poison damage will say fire bombs also deal poison damage?

HenryHSH

Ahh, I didn't even look since the first day of the RMAH and then even bad ones were $100. Guess that means the RMAH is coming down in prices. Not that anything else was expected

yeah, my first stormshield that had 24% block sold for $65 in two minutes day 1. People were going nuts. I'll probably buy the shield back... When it's $5.

Now hurry and finish A4 before Tuesday so you can say you beat it before the nerf!

Wonder if there's a feat of strength for those that beat inferno before the nerf?

eek5

Got my WD to 60.. just started act IV Hell. Quick question... does elemental damage from weapons effect spells? For instance if my dagger has +poison damage will say fire bombs also deal poison damage?

No, the skill always overrides the weapons. I was hoping to be able to ensnare groups with WD's AOE attacks + cold weapon but no go since they're all elemental.

Ketch

No, the skill always overrides the weapons. I was hoping to be able to ensnare groups with WD's AOE attacks + cold weapon but no go since they're all elemental.

yea that's what I figured... would have been too good with the Bad Medicine passive and a poison weapon.

Darkone

Finally finished Hell last night and now the real fun begins, Inferno.

I started it with great fear but i am doing kinda well, killed my first Elite mob, no good loot dropped and i dont think i will be able to go much further with my current gear, i am thinking of waiting to patch 1.03.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What would be an upgrade from this as a Monk? Besides a better version.
qOqRt.png

My resists are only like 820 and my dps is around 14k unbuffed IIRC. Cleared act 2.

It's currently my only life on hit.

Hero

I dunno if I'm doing my DH right, Act 2 inferno fucking sucks. I can kill mobs but seriously am such a glass cannon at even 43k health. Am I really that undergeared? Would like some GAF bros to help me out maybe.

Is the Attack Speed nerf going to be retroactive? If so, how can they do it from a legal perspective. People bought some of these items with money and they are just going to arbitrarily change the items effectively defrauding the user out of the item they purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom