• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure teleport + invulnerable minions is about as bad a combination you can get for melee. The moment you finally gain a positional advantage where you can hit the leader, oh shit! TELEPORT.

Now you're getting wailed on from all angles and your LoH isn't doing jack

Blizzard really need to think about making certain combinations impossible to get

linsivvi

The moment you can survive one spear hit in Act 3 is when you're ready to farm it. :p

Depends on where. The couple levels with the farming spot leading to cydaea has the least annoying mobs in the entire act. No soul rippers, pestilence, phasebeast. It's just perfect.

Cipherr

They need to up the % of mobs with missile dampening.

I got one of those this morning, but I was unfortunately in Act 1 at the time testing difficulty. I was fighting up screen too. Got at max distance and unloaded tentacles, then when my Hatred was at about 20% I ran closer to aggro the pack just as the first projectile hit them. They exploded into bits nearly instantly in a flash of numbers.

Could have smoked a cigarette and took a nap after that one. Incredibly satisfying.

Wedge7

Just about to log off...decide to check clouds anyway before sleeping..I figure it'll be shit..as its been for the whole day...OH shit..legendary helm..

Oh god! Its an Andariels! Come on baby, roll DEX DEX DEX, hell even INT!

\
noo.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rage quit game.

LordCanti

I got one of those this morning, but I was unfortunately in Act 1 at the time testing difficulty. I was fighting up screen too. Got at max distance and unloaded tentacles, then when my Hatred was at about 20% I ran closer to aggro the pack just as the first projectile hit them. They exploded into bits nearly instantly in a flash of numbers.

Could have smoked a cigarette and took a nap after that one. Incredibly satisfying.

That's how I feel after stuff sells in the RMAH. Except I don't smoke. Replace smoke with eat something horribly unhealthy and then napping without emergency "what the hell did I just eat?" exercise.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rage quit game.

;_;

I'd flip a table. The only thing worse is getting a stormshield and having it be like 10% block.

Totakeke

That awkward moment when you realize you have edged over the gear check wall I guess /shrug.

Yeah, people who can reach that place themselves can probably farm it the normal way. Those two levels are one of the best places to farm not because of the exploit, but because of the elites that can spawn are mostly quite easy to kill.

Actually, we should be quiet about this before Blizzard decides to do something about it. Shhh.

rCIZZLE

Googling, I can't even figure out what it creates.

Edit: Ew, the Demon Set? Not sure why anyone would want to craft that.

I don't know either but looks like somebody does lol. 15m per for last 10... not sure when those were bought though or if that's even accurate at all.

I found this somewhere... it's not a great level 60 weapon but surely it's really good for a level 57 monk? A quick search of the auction house shows that level 57 1 handers peak at around 400-450dps, so this is a huge improvement. For some reason though I can't seem to sell it on the GAH or RMAH. Am I overvaluing the item? What should I try to sell it for (on either AH)?

igBUREpC9OhtG.jpg

Why would anyone pay a lot for it if in 3 lvls he can get better one for 100-200k ?

Ashodin

Looking at your skills, any reason why you're not using the Awareness rune on Impale and the Fan of Knives skill? Both seem like natural fits for a melee DH.
Funny you should say that. I was using that for the longest time. In inferno, it wasn't doing enough DPS, and spike trap is spammable. Now if fan of knives was, I'd use it. And i'm seeing if impale with double crit is worth it, but I hardly use it. I'm wondering if I should use a companion, but I like the idea of being solo lol.

scy

Woke up to my first decent sale for ... $25.

:/ I need to farm better loot to sell before 1.0.3 hits I guess.

syko de4d

Conclusion after the RMAH EU Start:

Played 0 Minutes since the Start
Sold 3 Items and get 130€

RMAH is really the best way to stop playing the stupid game.

When i reach 200€ i will upgrade my Bronze Path of Exile Support Pack to Silver, they earn the money ;)

LordCanti

Edit: after burning through all 400 of my TOS's, I now understand why people don't bother with gemming. 200k in tomes (rough value of the tomes I had from farming) to make...300k in gold, in a couple of hours. I'd have done better to farm gold.

To be fair, it was like 5 total minutes of work but...oy.

Edit: Apparently I actually made a million gold (some gems hadn't sold). The cost of the tomes sinks the good ship gemcrafting though. If I hadn't have had tomes on hand, I wouldn't have made squat.

I'll now explain the math to anyone that has a boatload of tomes on hand and wants to replicate this (since I can't anymore):

THIS APPLIES ONLY TO EMERALDS!

3 flawless squares cost approximately 1500-2000 gold. This means roughly 18k (in mats) per perfect.
1 Perfect costs 30k to craft (plus the tomes, but since you have those, we're not adding in that cost)
3 perfects costs 90k to craft.
1 Radiant Costs 50k to craft.

So...

You put in 18+90+50 to create one Radiant. Radiants sell for 199. They cost you 158 to craft. That's 41k profit, minus 15% = 34,850 per radiant you sell. Sell ten at a time, that's 134,850 per haul.

Feel free to try to do the math for how much you're spending in Tomes of Secret that you could have sold off at like 700 (-15%) on the AH, if you dare.

I've been getting so many 50 rares in Act III, I swear Blizzard ninja hot-fixed this shit.

My last 4 Siegebreaker runs I think I've found 3 rares(not counting off the boss)...each run I kill 7-8 packs and Siegebreaker with 200+ MF. For reference I usually get 10-15 rares per run. Not seeing anyone else complaining so just going to chalk it up to really bad luck tonight I guess.

*edit* Just finished another and got 2 57's and a 54 from Siege...Sheesh. :lol

GJS

Level 50 rares in Act 3 inferno seems like a bit much. But I'm just saying that before Heart of Sin runs got more popular, I got maybe one iL60 or below rare a run, now I'm up to 4-5.

The drop rate of ilvl 61-63 is around 48%, if we assume that the act3/4 drop rates are currently what is listed in the 1.0.3 design preview. So over 50% of the time the item drops will be 50-60.

Then on top of that you have to rely on random chance as to whether the ilvl 61-63 items actually roll as rares, or just as white or blues.

Some people get lucky and get lots of rare ilvl 61-63, some people don't. It's how loot in games like this always works, most people are in the middle. However for every person who says they get good loot all the time, there is someone who gets no worthwhile loot all the time.

Neki

The drop rate of ilvl 61-63 is around 48%, if we assume that the act3/4 drop rates are currently what is listed in the 1.0.3 design preview. So over 50% of the time the item drops will be 50-60.

Then on top of that you have to rely on random chance as to whether the ilvl 61-63 items actually roll as rares, or just as white or blues.

Some people get lucky and get lots of rare ilvl 61-63, some people don't. It's how loot in games like this always works, most people are in the middle. However for every person who says they get good loot all the time, there is someone who gets no worthwhile loot all the time.

I feel better about my luck when I blame Blizzard for RNG, thank you very much! :p

LordCanti

First - you reach lvl 60 before Belial or in middle of act 3.
Second - even if you rushed it's nothing 30 Maghda runs can't repair ;)

I guess that makes as much sense as spending a lot of gold on a level requirement reducing weapon.

When I was that level, none of those were really on the RMAH. To be fair, it was the second day the game was available.. :p

Man I am incredibly lucky when it comes to legendary items, since release I have found 14, to bad 12 of them sucked ass, I hope my luck continues post buff patch.

Etelmik

Neo Member
Don't sell it for 20k, 10dollas. WD using darts would pay more than that for it, guaranteed.

Try go get at least 150-200 for it. If you're patient I'd list it starting at 100. I know they aren't bad, I just don't know the secrets of listing for visibility...

Try this: do a search for Int of min 100 and attack speed on gloves. Probably fewer than 46 pages.

LordCanti

I did the math on that gem thing I was talking about earlier.

To make 10 radiant's, you need 170 tomes, that cost 700 each. That's 119,000 gold. So you'd invest over a million...on a likely profit of 20k.

Take 15% from the 119,000 (to get what you'd receive from selling the same amount of tomes at 700 each) and you've got 101,150. If you bring in 130,000, you're only really making...you guessed it....30k.

So whether you have tomes or not, it isn't worth the time, hassle, or investment.

Just sell your tomes folks.

Fularu

Banned
Why isn't my 860 DPS crossbow moving :/ It was the cheapest at the time! It even has a socket for the LoH people!

Sigh I need dat money to improve my gear

Rufus

Pets are just momentary distractions/DPS buff, even on acts other than Inferno.
I used to run with a pack of four dogs, the Gargantuan and the Templar all the time, even in Hell. Between all of them, they could keep things distracted, and if it looked like the dogs would go down I would just blow them up. With the right passives I'd usually have two to three of them back immediately. The Gargantuan also outlived his cool down usually, so even when he died I could have another one spawn.
Besides not being able to keep aggro, which you can alleviate with sheer numbers, pets just die much too quickly.

LordCanti

Why isn't my 860 DPS crossbow moving :/ It was the cheapest at the time! It even has a socket for the LoH people!

Sigh I need dat money to improve my gear

DPS is too low, even with the socket. 1000 DPS bows (with no other stats) can be had for like 100-150k.

MrDaravon

Hate to ask for value in the thread, but I have ZERO idea if this is any good or not; in both the RMAH and regular AH I can't find any two-handed (Barbarian) weapon with ANY value on Attack %, Life on Hit, and Str except Level 3 weapons??. I don't play a Barb but the base DPS seems low, but I'm freaked out I can find literally nothing with these stats of any value past level 3 weapons. Also this dropped from Belial who I finally grinded through last night, whooo!

rPp8i.png

Fularu

Banned
Pretty sure teleport + invulnerable minions is about as bad a combination you can get for melee. The moment you finally gain a positional advantage where you can hit the leader, oh shit! TELEPORT.

Now you're getting wailed on from all angles and your LoH isn't doing jack

Blizzard really need to think about making certain combinations impossible to get

Like Invulnerable minions + molten + arcane + jailer?

I agree

Invul and shielding should go, or at least, make it impossible for molten + shielding + mortar to happen.

Edit : oups, sorry about the double post, meant to edit :(

10dollas

Banned
Don't sell it for 20k, 10dollas. WD using darts would pay more than that for it, guaranteed.

Try go get at least 150-200 for it. If you're patient I'd list it starting at 100. I know they aren't bad, I just don't know the secrets of listing for visibility...

Try this: do a search for Int of min 100 and attack speed on gloves. Probably fewer than 46 pages.

Well I sold gloves worse than these for 2 million a week ago. I tried to do a search, but the only gloves that had all the same type of stats as the above + a bit better started at 19million. So right now I'm trying to figure out a narrower range than between 2million and 20million/billions (hehe) -_-. And I got to sell them quick before the IAS patch hits.

diablo.jpg

scy

Hate to ask for value in the thread, but I have ZERO idea if this is any good or not; in both the RMAH and regular AH I can't find any two-handed (Barbarian) weapon with ANY value on Attack %, Life on Hit, and Str except Level 3 weapons??. I don't play a Barb but the base DPS seems low, but I'm freaked out I can find literally nothing with these stats of any value past level 3 weapons. Also this dropped from Belial who I finally grinded through last night, whooo!

rPp8i.png

I see quite a few with similar stats (>100 LoH, >200 STR, >15% IAS). That said, the ~670 DPS on it means it's worth less than 100k Gold if I had to guess. 2Hers already don't sell that well due to people going with a Shield for Inferno for Barbs. On top of that, the damage on this is almost lower than what most Level 60 1Hers people look for as a minimum.

Fularu

Banned
63% crit with an open socket? Someone might want it then. Put a 50% Crit Emerald in it, and maybe someone looking for high crit will buy it.

Yes

Iu8eX.jpg

Too late for the next 17 hours. I'll probably lower the price too.But when posted, it was the cheapest by a million gold :/

Sarcasm

What to farm in NM as a lvl 49 wizard who can't take much damage in later part of NM (liek Act IV...dunno about III) for exp and items?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom