• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

Yes

Iu8eX.jpg

Too late for the next 17 hours. I'll probably lower the price too.But when posted, it was the cheapest by a million gold :/

Did you put an emerald in there to raise the crit damage percent so when someone searches for that only it should pop up higher in the results?

MrDaravon

I see quite a few with similar stats (>100 LoH, >200 STR, >15% IAS). That said, the ~670 DPS on it means it's worth less than 100k Gold if I had to guess. 2Hers already don't sell that well due to people going with a Shield for Inferno for Barbs. On top of that, the damage on this is almost lower than what most Level 60 1Hers people look for as a minimum.

Weird, I still get nothing in my searches leaving all of the # values for those attributes blank but level 3 weapons. I didn't think it was probably worth anything, just not sure why I'm not getting anything on my search.

Fularu

Banned
Did you put an emerald in there to raise the crit damage percent so when someone searches for that only it should pop up higher in the results?

No and I realise I should have done it. I left it open so that someone looking for a socketable xbow could use it for what he wants.

As I said, I'll relist it in 15 hours with a crit gem in it.

scy

Weird, I still get nothing in my searches leaving all of the # values for those attributes blank but level 3 weapons. I didn't think it was probably worth anything, just not sure why I'm not getting anything on my search.

Uh ... what level is the character you're using for the search?

Wake up... check email via phone.

Sold some shitty item for $5.

I turned a 1M Gold item into $25 (well, $20 after the cut) yesterday :x

What to farm in NM as a lvl 49 wizard who can't take much damage in later part of NM (liek Act IV...dunno about III) for exp and items?

Act 3 is one of my favorite areas to farm. I'd start at Seigebreaker (and if level 60 run back to Fields of Slaughter/etc for NVx5) and go all the way to Azmodan. That's three bosses in a small space, plus the Areat Craters are full of scorpion hordes that die easy, so yo ucould skip to that. I never had any problems until Inferno on my Wizard, love that character a ton.

So you people actually selling things on the RMAH, what are the prices and what are the items like? One of my least favorite btis about the auction house is the inability to see what the item stats are after sales.

Mine is acting up as well. Example if I search nothing in the field, I may get no results. But if I cap it at 60, or 18, I'll receive pages of them.

I just had someone meet reserve on a ring of mine then I came back to the AH about 20 minutes later and there was "No Bids".

What is this?

DSmalls84

I managed to get past belial with my demon hunter friend and some randoms. Any easy chest or goblins to farm in act 3? Dont feel like my gear is there yet.

Got my first legendary last night. It dropped off a pack of shadows in Hell shadowworld with a 5 stack of NV.

It was a Blade of Prophecy. It was higher than average DPS for the item at 350.9 (highest in AH was 374). Had high int and dex stats, but no socket.

I put it in AH for a 2.5 mil buyout with a 250k opening bid.

MrDaravon

I just lost 75k in Repair costs to kill the first Elite in Act 3. I don't even know what to do in this fucking game, I farmed Act 1 and parts of Act 2 for weeks and found absolutely jack fucking shit except for my Andariel's Visage (which I'm using), and because I am finding jack shit I never have money, so I can't even upgrade in the AH because I've never had more than like 1.5 million at the time. Finally grinding out the end of Act 2 actually cost me money due to repair costs. I can't pop smokescreen to save myself half the time because even though I have very good internet I still get lag which gets me killed half the time, so even with 43k unbuffed damage and 35k HP I just wind up getting 1-shotted 99% of the time even though I clearly hit SS a good half second before I got hit. Good fucking God.

I just lost 75k in Repair costs to kill the first Elite in Act 3. I don't even know what to do in this fucking game, I farmed Act 1 and parts of Act 2 for weeks and found absolutely jack fucking shit except for my Andariel's Visage (which I'm using), and because I am finding jack shit I never have money, so I can't even upgrade in the AH because I've never had more than like 1.5 million at the time. Finally grinding out the end of Act 2 actually cost me money due to repair costs. I can't pop smokescreen to save myself half the time because even though I have very good internet I still get lag which gets me killed half the time, so even with 43k unbuffed damage and 35k HP I just wind up getting 1-shotted 99% of the time even though I clearly hit SS a good half second before I got hit. Good fucking God.

Are you using caltrops? That made a world of difference for me.

Your damage output definitely isn't an issue. Try to boost your discipline if you haven't reached 50 yet

MrDaravon

Are you using caltrops? That made a world of difference for me.

Your damage output definitely isn't an issue. Try to boost your discipline if you haven't reached 50 yet

My Discipline is 38, but that usually winds up not being the issue. I might try Caltrops again, I was rolling with them up until Inferno but at that point I messed with both the paralyzing rune and the crit% one and neither one seemed to be super effective, so I've been using Marked for Death.

My Discipline is 38, but that usually winds up not being the issue. I might try Caltrops again, I was rolling with them up until Inferno but at that point I messed with both the paralyzing rune and the crit% one and neither one seemed to be super effective, so I've been using Marked for Death.

Go for Tortuous Ground rune if you run it. You should be focusing on creating as much space between you and the enemy and caltrops can greatly assist you in that.

I don't really see that point in Marked for Death. You hit like a truck already.

At what point did you all get a grasp on what items are worth on the auction house? I'm at level 55 now and only sold a few items and I feel like I have no idea what's worth even putting on the auction house or for how much. I kinda wish that the filters and sorting of items was a little better - its kind of a pain to compare stuff.

Fularu

Banned

I've been very slowly making progress in Act III

My first foray on the ramparts took me 2 hours to complete, with BS affix combinations on elites but, you learn, you change your spec and you adapt. Now I'm at the second level on the keep's dungeon, it's costly but you'll do it. The more you kill stuff in it, the more you can get stuff to sell. But frankly, all I've gotten so far are lvl 51-54 rares which kind of blows :p

Fularu

Banned
A lot more

If there are barbarians here who can clear Act III easily, which stats should I work on now to help progress more... steadily without dying 30 times per map? I realise LoH is low (370 ish) and that Life Steal is pointless in Inferno, but should I work on more resistances or more LoH first?

Here are my stats/skills/runes

Edit wrong neck equiped, with the proper neck I have 15.5k dps and 46.1k HP

MrDaravon

So what is the point in Act 3 that's good to farm, is it inside the keep areas due to the chokepoints? Trying to figure out how far I should attempt to get. Currently I'm about to raise the first Catapult and from the start of Act 3 to now I've died 26 times, and am operating at a net loss of 30 health potions and about 10k Gold, and I haven't found anything that wasn't absolute vendor trash.

Okay fuck this I LITERALLY cannot complete the first Catapult raising, does anyone know if I quit out of this game now if the quest puts me back at this part or will I have to re-do some bullshit? This is just fucking stupid.

RDreamer

So what is the point in Act 3 that's good to farm, is it inside the keep areas due to the chokepoints? Trying to figure out how far I should attempt to get. Currently I'm about to raise the first Catapult and from the start of Act 3 to now I've died 26 times, and am operating at a net loss of 30 health potions and about 10k Gold, and I haven't found anything that wasn't absolute vendor trash.

Okay fuck this I LITERALLY cannot complete the first Catapult raising, does anyone know if I quit out of this game now if the quest puts me back at this part or will I have to re-do some bullshit? This is just fucking stupid.

You'll have to redo that whole quest line. It sucks... I was on lighting the last fire with my Monk once and got disconnected literally when my mouse was hovering over the thing to light it. Had to do everything again.

OTIX

Sold a couple items for about €100 total. All are "under review to processing" but I haven't gotten any emails. Is this normal?

MrDaravon

Wow, I died so many times that it no longer spawns me at the checkpoint in-level, but puts me back in the homebase. And there's no town portal so I didn't somehow accidentally do that. Now it takes me like a good 45 seconds to get back there so I can die again. Jesus Christ if I had any money whatsoever I would probably just hit the RMAH at this point, but even if I did that I wouldn't get anything I bought for days. Hilarious.

Kyoufu

A lot more

If there are barbarians here who can clear Act III easily, which stats should I work on now to help progress more... steadily without dying 30 times per map? I realise LoH is low (370 ish) and that Life Steal is pointless in Inferno, but should I work on more resistances or more LoH first?

Here are my stats/skills/runes

Edit wrong neck equiped, with the proper neck I have 15.5k dps and 46.1k HP

You need at least 52k HP and Ignore Pain is pretty crucial for any Barb build.

Ahh guess I'll try playing again today. Oh what do we have here, 2 elite groups of soul rippers in a row, oh well I'll give it a go with other people, 100K in repair costs later...yeah not happening....again.

Enough with this.

Fularu

Banned
You need at least 52k HP and Ignore Pain is pretty crucial for any Barb build.

I just don't see what to remove, it's either Sprint or Furious Charge and both seem mandatory (one for kitting, the other one for healing on a very short cooldown)

Asfor my HP pool, will 6k make more of a difference than say, 200 more resist? Because I'm 9.4k AC versus 680 resists all, which seems imbalanced

Petrie

Banned
3p2Or.jpg

What do you guys think? Worth anything? Not sure if it's useful enough for my WD to keep, maybe? Depends on the AH/RMAH value I suppose.

Zzoram

Where is the best place to farm gold? I find my WD can't really progress without better gear but I'm not finding that gear so I need to buy it.

inky

My shitty 5-7 USD Items are selling consistently, while my not so shitty 50k-100k gold items are not even moving, LOL. Fucking Bizarro world this AH is.

OTIX

Bought a low lvl legendary for 50k and flipped it for €3. If you're gonna spend real money why not just check the gold ah first?

LegoDad

I've come to a crossroads where I don't even know where to start to improve my gear.

Yes, my DPS is lacking, but I was trying to build a tank that could take the hits and have back up from a group.

I'm leaning towards taking what I have and just adding Physical Resistance on top of the All resist I already have. I also have a thought about improving my Crit Hit Chance, so I hit for more DPS without adding any more STR or a new weapon. Or should I drop my DPS even lower and add more Vit, and more resists..

All I want to do is beat Izual and Diablo in a group... lol

Or should I just be looking into LOH on my rings and Amulet to bring up my LOH from 900, which seems low with 45k life.. and everything doing more damage than i can gain back.

I've come to a crossroads where I don't even know where to start to improve my gear.

Yes, my DPS is lacking, but I was trying to build a tank that could take the hits and have back up from a group.

I'm leaning towards taking what I have and just adding Physical Resistance on top of the All resist I already have. I also have a thought about improving my Crit Hit Chance, so I hit for more DPS without adding any more STR or a new weapon. Or should I drop my DPS even lower and add more Vit, and more resists..

All I want to do is beat Izual and Diablo in a group... lol

Or should I just be looking into LOH on my rings and Amulet to bring up my LOH from 900, which seems low with 45k life.. and everything doing more damage than i can gain back.

Find gear with 150+ STR, 150+ VIT, and 60+ All Resist.

Alternatively, post pictures of all your gear.

RDreamer

Just scored this for a decent price on the AH:

aoypa.png

Gonna see if I can flip it on the RMAH while I level my DH. If I get to the point where I can use it, then awesome. If it sells for cash moneys, more awesome. Win/win.

Also, someone just put this up for 2,000 gold:

0C7k2.png

yeah, I'm pretty sure it's worth more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom