• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

Damn another 500k cannot come any sooner for my infernal pony staff. So tired of farming act 2...

Did a butcher run for a change and damn that act 1 loot is crap compared to the crap I get in act 2. CRAP EVERYWHERE!

LegoDad

Find gear with 150+ STR, 150+ VIT, and 60+ All Resist.

Alternatively, post pictures of all your gear.

That's Expensive.. Here Is my gear, I tried to offset one piece with another (max on one, max on the other) to save money but still building a good gear set.

kyRn2.png
SUjdd.png
5Px37.png

zzz7r.png
7wkWl.png
t3xyJ.png

s2ngf.png
DPl4r.png
2g4gS.png

lWheM.png
aBFrM.png
fW8Ai.png

mI2JM.png

eek5

I just don't see what to remove, it's either Sprint or Furious Charge and both seem mandatory (one for kitting, the other one for healing on a very short cooldown)

Asfor my HP pool, will 6k make more of a difference than say, 200 more resist? Because I'm 9.4k AC versus 680 resists all, which seems imbalanced

Are those your buffed or unbuffed stats?

That's Expensive.. Here Is my gear, I tried to offset one piece with another (max on one, max on the other) to save money but still building a good gear set.

I'll comment more later, but step 1 is upgrade your weapon. You don't need that much LoH when your dps is so low. Get the highest dps weapon with a socket you can afford and put the best LoH gem you can find in it.

Tom Penny

I killed 3 mobs and got to the next stage of Act II with my Monk. Dat progress !!! So many damn fire chains and then what are the hell is with the enemy having like a skull over it's head and you just get the life drained out of you :( what the fuck are you supposed to do?

suffah

Does maths and stuff
So I've been on vacation for the past 2+ weeks but check this thread pretty much nightly much to my gf's chagrin.

Just got home and checked my gear. I think I'm the worst equipped level 60 around haha.

Average level of my gear is ~50, my bracers are from level 27.

Anyways, now that I'm about to enter Inferno I know I need better gear.

Anyone have a decent 1hander for sale cheap? Mine is only 400dps.

MrDaravon

Man you guys weren't kidding about Soul Rippers. Just ran into an elite group of them that didn't even have super crazy attributes on them, but I just can't kill them.

Wouldn't that make me die quicker?

Well every piece needs a major upgrade but even if you had 100k hp with 1000 all resist with that kind of dps you'd still die imo.

With decent dps and sprint tornadoes at least you can kill stuff this way. Its going to be difficult tanking anything with a group without at least 5 major upgrades, so just do it 1 at a time and start with the weakest link imo

How much do you have to spend? If its not at least 2m, id say keep saving. And if it is at least 2m, id say use it on EXPENSIVE gear that has every stat in high quantity

nitric0

Spent about 400k in the AH last night to setup my Barb for inferno. Here are the stats

Will this be enough for Act 1/2? What will I need to improve for 3?

Still haven't bought a weapon yet. Still rocking the one I got in an Act 4 drop in Hell
barbweapon.jpg

I have 1.2M~ left and am wondering what I should look out for for a weapon? I was going for an attack per second/LoH build with tons of all res.

LegoDad

Well every piece needs a major upgrade but even if you had 100k hp with 1000 all resist with that kind of dps you'd still die imo.

With decent dps and sprint tornadoes at least you can kill stuff this way. Its going to be difficult tanking anything with a group without at least 5 major upgrades, so just do it 1 at a time and start with the weakest link imo

How much do you have to spend? If its not at least 2m, id say keep saving. And if it is at least 2m, id say use it on EXPENSIVE gear that has every stat in high quantity

I have 1.3 million.. problem is even with 2 million the good gear on the AH costs 5-6 Million +..

What's the DPS for a weapon and LOH that I should want? I don't care if I have to save, I'd rather just get it out of the way, the other stuff I can snipe cheaper.

Just wanted to beat this before the nerf, or be able to farm Whimshyre... lol

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So with the upcoming nerf to attack speed should I be looking for replacement gear and selling anything that has attack speed % now before Tuesday?

I have a shit load of attack speed stacked on my main so I'm pretty much going to be back to square one gear wise after Tuesday's patch.

Kyoufu

I just don't see what to remove, it's either Sprint or Furious Charge and both seem mandatory (one for kitting, the other one for healing on a very short cooldown)

Asfor my HP pool, will 6k make more of a difference than say, 200 more resist? Because I'm 9.4k AC versus 680 resists all, which seems imbalanced

Get rid of Sprint unless you don't intend to face tank.

The more health you have the more opportunity to cast Revenge, to block, to dodge, etc.

You only need 900-1k resists with Impunity for Act 3.

I'd also use Leap in place of Charge for the moment because the only heal you need is Revenge. Leap works better as a defensive cooldown and also mobility/initiation.

nitric0

So with the upcoming nerf to attack speed should I be looking for replacement gear and selling anything that has attack speed % now before Tuesday?

I have a shit load of attack speed stacked on my main so I'm pretty much going to be back to square one gear wise after Tuesday's patch.

Wow just reminded me that Blizz is nerfing IAS, damn I have to rethinking my Barb's build now

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I actually made a bit of progress into Act 3 with my dual-wielding DPS build. Fun stuff. Honestly, when it comes to those damn flying things and their fireballs, I don't seem to take any more damage from them without my tank gear. I think those damn things just ignore all defensive attributes or something.

I'm at 27k DPS now, but I've got 41% crit chance and 210% critical hit damage modifier.

eek5

here you go.

Is there a reason you're carrying around every potion every made? :lol

*all images are things I found right now on AH so prices are probably high or low depending on how "lucky" I was at the time of my searches

Based on your stats and equipment, I'd say the primary focus you should have right now is upgrading your weapon. It'll make a huge difference in boosting the amount of damage you do. I know people throw around numbers with 900 LoH, etc. etc. but if you kill stuff significantly faster, you won't need that LoH. 900 LoH total isn't going to counteract some of the burst damage anyway. Sometimes I run up to 1500 LoH and I still drop HP much faster than I can regen even with tornadoes doing extra work for me.

I would probably try to get something like this:

sCUS2.png

3.5m

This has been sitting on AH for a while now at 3.5 million. If you shopped around and waited you could probably snag one for around 2-3 but the key stats are at least 500 LoH or a socket, base stats (str/vit). If you can snag a good DPS cold weapon, I'd get that over anything else if you play in a group a lot.

After you get your weapon you'll want to upgrade your amulet. something like this:

Mabyx.png

You can probably get a better one. Now you're going to lose +life% but we'll make up for that next.

I would probably target a socketed Helm of Command. The stats are kind of up to you on this one. Base rolls are VIT, Block%. Allres brings the price up a lot but the entry cost on a socketed one without all res is pretty low. Socket an amethyst into the helmet to make up for amulet loss)

s2Ah6.png

Next I would start replacing your blue items with combo pieces to even out your STR/VIT/RES pieces. 60/60/60 is incredibly cheap (200-500k) but 70/70/70 is pretty affordable too (700k-1m ea). I think the first goal you should set would be to get your STR/VIT to 1k:1k. Keep in mind that you get armor for strength so just because your role isn't to DPS doesn't mean you should be skimping out on it.

After that you'll probably have to reevaluate to see what you need most but it should make things pretty comfortable especially if 1.0.3 comes out Tuesday and completely obliterates most of the insane burst damage in A3.

eek5

Not necessarily. ASI is still going to be good, you just need even more of it now if you want to break records. I'd say go out of your way to stack even more! :lol

LegoDad

Thats quite a deal imo. Obviously it's not the highest weapon dps, but solid stats and LOH for 1.2 million, you can't go wrong with that. Nice being in the right place at the right time on the AH eh? :lol

Yep, I've been searching for an upgrade for a week, but was trying to keep same LOH and raise DPS at same time.. prices were never coming down. The DPS 460 Axe I had been using, I bought for 250k... It's worth way more as well.

It'd be nice to be able to farm Whimshyre, so I can get some more money. Guess I'll go back to Act 2 and goblin farm.

Blitzhex

When do you guys reckon 1.0.3 hits? I know its supposed to release near the end of the month, but I'm kinda hoping this weekish.

Danj

Just finished Nightmare difficulty, feels good man. Diablo's still a pussy, though less so than he was last time.

RDreamer

I'm having fun trying to see what kind of ridiculous damage I can get with my DH as I level her up. I'm at about 830 now in Act 3 normal. lol

eek5

Buffed. Moving my right ring and my amulet to res all would probably put me in the 840 range for res all

You want to be around 900-1k resis, 10k armor (w/ enchantress) for A3 imo unless you plan on doing 50-100k dps then anything goes.

Fularu

Banned
You want to be around 900-1k resis, 10k armor (w/ enchantress) for A3 imo unless you plan on doing 50-100k dps then anything goes.
So right ring, neck and one piece to get to 900. Still, my amulet and ring are both IAS, this will murder my DPS

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Holy shit. I just bought this off the AH for 12k gold.

Kickass new weapon for my Wizard. (She's only lvl 57)

7z2PL.jpg

LegoDad

So is it better to goblin farm or run elites with 5NV... seems like goblin would be cheaper and faster, but I don't know if the loots better, even though I would have MF gear for goblin, and no MF for Elite running.

840 buffed? you need much more than that.

Im only at about 900 buffed. I made a conscious decision to lose some of my resist in exchange for more dps. Im even thinking about getting an Ouroboros if i can ever find one for a decent price, and ill probably lose another 50 or so resist from that

rCIZZLE

So is it better to goblin farm or run elites with 5NV... seems like goblin would be cheaper and faster, but I don't know if the loots better, even though I would have MF gear for goblin, and no MF for Elite running.

Depends what you can handle. If you can't do anything in A3 then A2 gobs is the best spot. If you can efficiently kill stuff in A3 then that's better to do for the better drops.

eek5

So right ring, neck and one piece to get to 900. Still, my amulet and ring are both IAS, this will murder my DPS

Work on surviving first, DPS second or just go straight DPS now and hope you won't need as much defense for 1.0.3.

Here are the stats that I clear A3 with "easily" btw:

gSxnM.jpg

raCxp.jpg

EoXNf.jpg

LegoDad

Depends what you can handle. If you can't do anything in A3 then A2 gobs is the best spot. If you can efficiently kill stuff in A3 then that's better to do for the better drops.

Last Time I was in Act 3.. as a group we couldn't kill most elites..

On another note for Act 3 I like using cleave, as you hit more demons per swipe, also get more LOH per swipe than frenzy, at least that's how I felt. Switch back to Frenzy for Elites.

Rufus

quick question guys:

Is there any disadvantage to having a follower with you at all times?
They can pull aggro when you don't want to, especially with goblins, but other than that, no. You don't take a hit to XP, or anything. Oh, and the Enchantresses hex spell is bugged and can turn you into a chicken. So pick the other ability when you use her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom