• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Yeah was just ready to fix my face. That hellfire explosion wiped out an act 3 pack instantly. The aoe isn't that big but holy shit dat damage...

ROFL the ring proc works on followers holy crap....

syllogism

WC: You can get item level 63 stuff in all acts of Inferno when Monster Power is on. The moment you go into Inferno with any kind of Monster Power, all monsters become level 63, and they can now all drop item level 63 stuff the same way that Act III and Act IV Inferno do now. However, cranking up Monster Power beyond MP1 does not further increase your chance of getting 63 stuff.
That's great, finally I get to play act 1

tafer

It's a measurement of survivability, not overall effectiveness. What really matters is how much damage Gloom can mitigate from a single attack so the player can survive, which will be even more important with the monster power mode.

So to compensate for this Blizzard buffed the Perfectionist passive, which is dumb because they claimed they want to promote build diversity, and yet ties up DH with an additional essential passive to make it less diverse.

Monks, on the other hand, can finally be a bit more diverse after 1.0.5 because they don't need to run the same 3 passives any more.

Yeah the same guy made charts for all defensive abilities. You can find it here.

Everything is a net buff except Gloom.
Thank you very much.

Svafnir

Here's a video of me killing Infernal Machine Ghom & Rakanoth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zBouvsDclo

Oh and for anyone that was watching the Moldran's stream. I am the one who told him where the house was... not that it matters as I had no keys at that point. Just funny that I accidentally found it while trying to use the Act 1 healer and being like "where the hell did that door come from"

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
That's awesome that they're bringing back static-difficulty Inferno when you turn MP on. Now Act 4 is the only odd one out :p

M.D

Just found a design for Perfect Star Emerald.... is it worth anything? I've been playing this game for a 100+ hours and have no idea about the all gems/crafting/plans

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Just found a design for Perfect Star Emerald.... is it worth anything? I've been playing this game for a 100+ hours and have no idea about the all gems/crafting/plans

1. Go to the auction house
2. Click "Sell"
3. Find the plan and click on it

linsivvi

Did some act 1 PTR run and farmed the key. MP10 is probably a little bit harder than launch Inferno, adjusted for gear inflation. Meaning if you have the 1.0.4 high end gear you can handle it, but you'll still die. Most elites didn't give me trouble but fire chain ruined my day. Will probably try a more defensive build for act 2. Rares are dropping everywhere with 500+ MP though.

The 3 keys for the infernal machine are not guaranteed drops. You need 5xNV and even then, unless you play at a high MP level, you might not get it. I tried MP6 once and didn't get the key. From what I've read, the uber boss drops are not guaranteed either.

Edit: The good news is, it only costs 50K to craft the ring and you can pick the main stat (Hellfire ring of Int, Hellfire ring of Str, etc). The plan itself costs 2M to buy though.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
That's great, finally I get to play act 1

Man, this kinda makes me want to start playing D3 again, just for the possibility of decent 63 loot. Unfortunately, most of the loot in the game is still god damn garbage. Breaks my heart.

Maybe I should check out the PTR to see what the loot is like.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Man, this kinda makes me want to start playing D3 again, just for the possibility of decent 63 loot. Unfortunately, most of the loot in the game is still god damn garbage. Breaks my heart.

Maybe I should check out the PTR to see what the loot is like.

That's ok I mean, it's not like you could farm perfect sets in a couple of months on Diablo 2.

The real news is that now we get two different acts other than act3 to farm and the ubers from time to time. Rose tinted glases and all that, but I'm glad we have something else other than get a sorc to tp into baals lair over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

I just wish that with the RMAH revenues management would budget a few new assets here and there to furnish the game, nothing like WoW expansions of course, just a little new event here, maybe a new dungeon there (using existing tilesets, maybe a couple new monsters...). Compared to Act1 and Act2, the latter parts of Act3 and the entirety of Act4 are a barren wasteland including what appear to be remains of unfinished events like the Act4 monsters in the Arreat Crater level 1 or 2 (can't remember) level.

Anyone mind sharing their act 3 farming route?

I personally start at 'Kill Siegebreaker'.

Crossing and work my way back to the open field.
Keep Level 1 - Work way back to entrance of the dungeon, clearing everything.
Keep Level 1 - Keep Level 2 - Keep Level 3
Crossing - Siegebreaker, doing any optional dungeons that pop.
Clear down to Azmo if I have time.

Edit:
Here's my Barbarian spec, it's very much a thing I crafted myself. I don't like the WW style of play and came up with this. Ignore half my stuff is not on my character... (I keep no native LoH or Life Steal on and never die in Act 3)

I want to get a Life Steal Belt so I can drop Bloodthirst and switch to either one of the armor skills (which will get me more) or Beserker Rage because I'm constantly full of rage.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Flawless-1502/hero/8600485

koji

Thanks guys, still trying to find a farming route that I like, just started act 3 and it looks like I'll have to kill a lot of trash, not bad for xp though.

I'll try those suggestions! :)

Celegus

Did some act 1 PTR run and farmed the key. MP10 is probably a little bit harder than launch Inferno, adjusted for gear inflation. Meaning if you have the 1.0.4 high end gear you can handle it, but you'll still die.

I thought Blizz gave MP10 monsters like 5000x more health than usual and made it basically impossible just to check for any glitches / invulnerable builds? Not that I've tried the PTR, but I thought that's what I heard.

Ring looks awesome, but I don't see how a beefed up Rakanoth and Ghom are even possible.

linsivvi

I thought Blizz gave MP10 monsters like 5000x more health than usual and made it basically impossible just to check for any glitches / invulnerable builds? Not that I've tried the PTR, but I thought that's what I heard.

The 5000x was just an exaggeration by some people, probably people who went with super defensive gears. Mind you, what I said in my previous post applied to act 1 only. Act 3 and Act 4 mobs hit very hard even at MP6.

Ring looks awesome, but I don't see how a beefed up Rakanoth and Ghom are even possible.

All the bosses are possible, you just have to lower the MP level until you can handle it, with a penalty on the drop rate of course. I managed to take down skeleton king and maghga at MP6 after many tries. Had to switch to a very defensive build and luckily they dropped the ring part.

Too bad PTR didn't import the friend list, I'd be interested in forming a group of 3 or 4 at MP8 so we can make 3 infernal machines in 1 go.

Dahbomb

It's worth around a million, a bit more. You lucked on it being an Emerald because that's the most valuable gem type out there.

M.D

It's worth around a million, a bit more. You lucked on it being an Emerald because that's the most valuable gem type out there.

Thanks.

Can someone give me an estimate on this ring? I saw people mention 50-100 million for similar ones but they had additional stats like attack speed/res all/life on hit

I'm farming Act 3 so I so don't want to lose the NV to check the AH

FW2oy.jpg

V_Arnold

All the bosses are possible, you just have to lower the MP level until you can handle it, with a penalty on the drop rate of course. I managed to take down skeleton king and maghga at MP6 after many tries. Had to switch to a very defensive build and luckily they dropped the ring part.

Too bad PTR didn't import the friend list, I'd be interested in forming a group of 3 or 4 at MP8 so we can make 3 infernal machines in 1 go.

What are you people, fucking demigods? Any general gear description? 100k dps, 1000 all res, cookie cutter build? Or Simply Barb or glass cannon DH? :p

Dahbomb

Very similar ring to that on the AH for 25 million. I would say that's about how much you can get it to sell it quick for. It can go higher but will sell later.

linsivvi

What are you people, fucking demigods? Any general gear description? 100k dps, 1000 all res, cookie cutter build? Or Simply Barb or glass cannon DH? :p

Well... I'm playing monk, 100k+ dps, but only moderate defense. I used deadly reach -> keen eye for the boss fights, though I would probably just go cookie cutter if I wasn't doing it solo.

I am sure WW Barbs will have a much easier time but not so sure about DH since the fights last so long.

linsivvi

Does anyone have a link to exactly how the MP works. I see references to boosted EXP/MF/GF, but not sure how that all breaks down.

25% MF and GF per level, so 250% at level 10.

Exp boost is not linear. At level 1 you get a 10% bonus, at level 5 you get 60%, level 6 75% and level 10 160%.

V_Arnold

Well... I'm playing monk, 100k+ dps, but only moderate defense. I used deadly reach -> keen eye for the boss fights, though I would probably just go cookie cutter if I wasn't doing it solo.

I am sure WW Barbs will have a much easier time but not so sure about DH since the fights last so long.

Ah, I see. I wonder what my 47k dps wd will do there, with pets. Well, shall see tonight, if PTR works properly by now.

25% MF and GF per level, so 250% at level 10.

Exp boost is not linear. At level 1 you get a 10% bonus, at level 5 you get 60%, level 6 75% and level 10 160%.
Thanks. One other question. Have you teamed up with anyone while playing? Does that affect things. For instance there is a set amount of increased HP when I'm playing with one other person. With MP, can I still team up and for instance when set to level 1 would we just see the increased HP/Damage from the monsters based on the level or would it also factor in there being 2 players?

Definity

Still can't get logged into the PTR. As soon as I hit the menu I get a disconnect.
Do you have to keep trying over and over or is it broke again?

V_Arnold

Thanks. One other question. Have you teamed up with anyone while playing? Does that affect things. For instance there is a set amount of increased HP when I'm playing with one other person. With MP, can I still team up and for instance when set to level 1 would we just see the increased HP/Damage from the monsters based on the level or would it also factor in there being 2 players?

I am quite sure that it has to factor in player number as well, otherwise it would be broken.

Definity

Had this drop on a quick run a few mins ago. Been awhile since I've sold anything on the AH so hopefully this will bring me a bit of gold.

iMtvBsT9czgVo.png

Celegus

I actually have found that one at least twice, however I got rewarded yesterday with a Tyrael's Might instead with a nice dex roll. I've found 4 Dawn legendaries though....so ridiculous!

Ah, I take it you're Cerebus then? Fun putting names to faces! Or I guess, names to other names.

Dahbomb

Man I want to take on Uber bosses...

But I don't want to be in a position where I get the ring and can't use it on the main version of the game. :(

Ah, I take it you're Cerebus then? Fun putting names to faces! Or I guess, names to other names.
Haha, yup. I didn't want to also point out how you also found a Cindercoat while in game with me. I think that was the same game I showed the horrible Legendary staff I found and you said "Grats...I guess"

Celegus

Haha, yup. I didn't want to also point out how you also found a Cindercoat while in game with me. I think that was the same game I showed the horrible Legendary staff I found and you said "Grats...I guess"

Yep. :p All hail the Master of the Cindercoats! Play with him and be showered with their mighty glory!

Ashodin

Damn looking at all the changes. Melee Demon Hunter might be coming back lol. Not that I was gone, the way the game was going at first was shitty. With the changes to DH in last patch and this patch, my build should be much more fun and viable. God I love you blizzard.

6 goddamn spike traps. rofl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom