• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at Elemental Arrow Dead Mans earlier today. Need a lot more gold to get an upgrade.

Saving for a Flawless Star Emerald so I can get a 100% crit damage in my weapon up from a 70%.

I need to get something that sells lol. Getting garbage Legendaries all day.

foladar

0% chance, PTR will be up for at least a week. I'm guessing this coming week + weekend at a very minimum, suspecting two weeks of PTR.

On top of this, Mists comes out Tuesday and they wouldn't stress their servers that way. It'll stay on the PTR for 2-4 weeks is my guess. Likely towards the mid/end of Oct.

On top of this, Mists comes out Tuesday and they wouldn't stress their servers that way. It'll stay on the PTR for 2-4 weeks is my guess. Likely towards the mid/end of Oct.

I am ok with that, people are going to find broken shit and Blizzard will also change somethings according to suggestions, so a month from now is a good guess.

Meh....Mists, borderlands 2, torchlight 2, jet set radio. I think I can find something to do while I wait for the patch.

Just got a new ring with 4% critical, 30% damage, 68 dex and 46 vitality. My critical chance is at 43% with scoundrel and monk has 44k DPS. It's really fun to use a spirit generator that generates extra spirit when you critical and just keep spamming wave of light over and over.

I'm honestly considering to ditch MF and just get a 5-6% critical bracers. That'll bring me to 45~46 critical natural and 49% with scoundrel.

Can't wait to get the weapon I want and I'll be doing 60k DPS with my monk :)

LRSb4.jpg

So after three full act 3 runs today this is probably the best thing I found but I don't know if it's worth anything. I know it's missing a few things but what's there is pretty decent, especially the strength, block % and tons of life. Don't know if barbs even use shields though.

LRSb4.jpg

So after three full act 3 runs today this is probably the best thing I found but I don't know if it's worth anything. I know it's missing a few things but what's there is pretty decent, especially the strength, block % and tons of life. Don't know if barbs even use shields though.

The lack of resistance really kills it. Big bummer, it'd be a really balling shield if you could get all res on it.

The lack of resistance really kills it. Big bummer, it'd be a really balling shield if you could get all res on it.

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about about the lack of res but thought maybe it'd still be worth something. It's hard to price on either AH. On the gold AH the closest ones are 40mil/80mil but have 8-9.5 crit chance but are also lacking res. That seems pretty high though. If nothing else my templar will get a pretty significant upgrade.

God damnit, I really wanna play tonight, but my connection has been an absolute turd all day long. What the hell, and I have no idea why either...

I just got to 50k dps and want to enjoy it =(

Playing with 49% critical and the rune that generates extra spirit when critical'ing is ridiculous. It's like you have an infinite source of spirits.

My criticals aren't hitting very high, but I'm doing 49% 100k+ damage. This build is really, really fun. Add wave of light to that and I pretty much destroy everything my way.

Too bad sometimes elites rape me =(

Wilsongt

Finally got around to reading the 1.0.5 path notes. Meh. More nerfs to DH, especially that shit Trail of Cinders nerf. Now they nerf Shadow Power and Gloom.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
In a real bad slump right now.

Paragon Levels 1-17 - 5 Legendaries
Paragon Levels 17-26 - 0 Legendaries.

Hope this pain ends soon...

I've found a couple of legendaries and 1 set so far, i'm at level 27 with my monk.

I think collectively my rares finds have netted me 1.5m so far :p

It's heart breaking to find a legendary shield on the floor and yell "STORMSHIELD!!" and find out it's just an ivory tower =(

neoism

when is 1.0.5.... the changes are amazing still need an identify all button...

lol sold some shitty shoulders I got in act 3 with no NV stacks and sold it for 1.2 mil best sale yet......also holy shit I started playing this in 1280x768 and my text is infinity more readable... I was using 1280x720p becasue they is my tv res but it looks so much better. looks great with the hardcore D3 thing....
they need to release the path fast....:/

Finally got around to reading the 1.0.5 path notes. Meh. More nerfs to DH, especially that shit Trail of Cinders nerf. Now they nerf Shadow Power and Gloom.

I'm pretty excited about the patch. Even though some defensive skills from pretty much every class have been nerfed it's intended to be a net buff (by way of lowering Inferno enemy damage and health) while facilitating a wider range of builds being viable (defensive skills not being a total necessity, basically). Taken in concert with the Monster Power system and only iLVL 58+ drops in inferno, it seems like the patch will go far in balancing the game.

One aspect of the patch notes that seems fairly important to me is (paraphrasing because I'm on mobile): "affixes roll based on monster level, no longer item level". What does this really mean for drops? Sounds like it could be a significant change to itemization, especially when considering the buffed Inferno loot table and the (essentially speaking) increased MF granted by the Monster Power system.

The core gameplay of...well, I'm going to say Monks, because I don't have significant experience with any other class, is very satisfying and they've gone a long way in balancing it the last few patches (not the monk class but the game itself). It's starting to remind me of Kid Icarus in that it's this web of different gameplay systems that form a unique and satisfying whole and give it real identity within its genre. They'll never fix the drop rate because it's in their monetary interest to keep God-tier items scarce, but it's also just as much in their interest to keep the players they have and attract new ones, so they're going to have to do something to make playing the game worth your while and we've seen that with the Paragon system and the serious nerfing of Inferno. It's not a perfect game but I think it's approaching something pretty good.

Gloom is a net nerf, which is what he's talking about.

I didn't explain this in my unedited post but since I'm on mobile I wasn't able to check every single nerf/buff, my point was just that Blizzard has indicated that even though many individual defensive skills have been nerfed, every class should experience a net buff because of the heavily nerfed inferno difficulty, I can only speak knowledgeably about Monk class, so if that's not the case for any other class that's outside of my wheelhouse.

Talaysen

SFEPg.png

This doesn't seem to take into account the increased duration. You're taking ~39% more damage but it's lasting ~67% longer. Numerically, that is a buff, but in practice, it depends on what you're actually doing in that time frame. If you're just trying to tank the whole time, you'll take less damage (about 20% less), but if you're just hitting Gloom and jetting out, you'll end up taking more unless you don't succeed in escaping damage before three seconds are up. There's also the net buff on the life steal (15% for 5 seconds instead of 20% for 3 seconds).

40 minutes left for a cheap auction but I don't have any more gold because I lent it all to a friend yesterday so he can buy a manticore. Crap I should I kept a million... I'm going to miss it fuck

koji

Lolling at these 1.04 WD changes, I could barely farm act 2 prior to 1.04, just killed Ghom yesterday on my second try. Need more dps to be able to really farm in act 3 but it's nice to be able to progress again through inferno after being "stuck" for so long.

Did some minor upgrades to my gear but it's basically the same gear and build (LOH semi tankish build) I'm using that I was using pre 1.04 (only bought a new weapon), just swapped Fetish Army and Big Bad Voodoo with the dogs and gargantuan :)

I think I just sold around 800 tome of secrets I was carrying around in my inventory by mistake... Shit :lol Kinda sucks cause I still need those for crafting gems.

Kenaras

That chart is only applicable to Demon Hunters with 100% Gloom uptime. For everyone else - nearly all Demon Hunters - the chart is discounting two factors: 1) When Gloom is down, you'll take 25% less damage in 1.0.5, and 2) Gloom will have a longer duration, meaning it will have more uptime. Taken together, this means that any Demon Hunter with a current Gloom uptime of less than ~80% should see a net buff in 1.0.5.

So yes, Gloom will see a net nerf if you only account for damage taken while it is up. The real question is whether the class as a whole has seen a net nerf. Between the question of Gloom uptime and the various new defensive options being added to the class, I'd say "no way in hell."

Edit: Clarification.

linsivvi

That chart is only applicable if you have 100% Gloom uptime.

It's a measurement of survivability, not overall effectiveness. What really matters is how much damage Gloom can mitigate from a single attack so the player can survive, which will be even more important with the monster power mode.

So to compensate for this Blizzard buffed the Perfectionist passive, which is dumb because they claimed they want to promote build diversity, and yet ties up DH with an additional essential passive to make it less diverse.

Monks, on the other hand, can finally be a bit more diverse after 1.0.5 because they don't need to run the same 3 passives any more.

That's informative, is there a similar table for war cry?

Yeah the same guy made charts for all defensive abilities. You can find it here.

Everything is a net buff except Gloom.

Kenaras

It's a measurement of survivability, not overall effectiveness. What really matters is how much damage Gloom can mitigate from a single attack so the player can survive, which will be even more important with the monster power mode.

No, that's not what really matters. Nearly every popular Demon Hunter build which includes Gloom also currently takes Smokescreen. If you're looking to mitigate damage from a single attack, that's the superior option. Where Gloom currently shines is sustained mitigation, and it will still be solid in that role during 1.0.5.

Celegus

I'm Paragon 10 now and found my first legendary since Paragon 4... an amaaaaaazing Cindercoat! Still nice to see that orange text at least.

Also bought a cheap Manticore for my DH to try instead of two 1H x-bows, and I'm not sure why anyone would go the dual wielding route. Like it's not even close how much better the 2H is.

I'm Paragon 10 now and found my first legendary since Paragon 4... an amaaaaaazing Cindercoat! Still nice to see that orange text at least.

Also bought a cheap Manticore for my DH to try instead of two 1H x-bows, and I'm not sure why anyone would go the dual wielding route. Like it's not even close how much better the 2H is.

I know a full historical nat set dh with two one hand Xbow. The guy had 398 crit dmg on weapons alone. Add the 10% crit chance passive... I can see many use for it: Fast attack rate, fast hatred regen...

Celegus

I know a full historical nat set dh with two one hand Xbow. The guy had 398 crit dmg on weapons alone. Add the 10% crit chance passive... I can see many use for it: Fast attack rate, fast hatred regen...

I'm sure it is viable if you can afford some really great 1handers, but if you're poor, 2H is easily better. I had two nearly identical 1h xbows with 850-900 dps, crit damage +60-70%, +100 or so dex, and a socket. Now I have a 960 dps Manticore with no dex and do much more damage. Just thought I'd throw that out there for any other DHs who recently hit 60. I really wanted to like the one handers because I think they look awesome and love the mobility, but it just doesn't seem worth it unless you're super rich.

I'm sure it is viable if you can afford some really great 1handers, but if you're poor, 2H is easily better. I had two nearly identical 1h xbows with 850-900 dps, crit damage +60-70%, +100 or so dex, and a socket. Now I have a 960 dps Manticore with no dex and do much more damage. Just thought I'd throw that out there for any other DHs who recently hit 60. I really wanted to like the one handers because I think they look awesome and love the mobility, but it just doesn't seem worth it unless you're super rich.

You need 1h with socket+crit dmg only then it makes sense over 2h+quiver.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
3 socket Tal's chest.

High int roll, low vita roll.

It's auctionhousing time!

Man, I'm getting chills at the thought I will need over 100M for either a Zuni ring or a Zuni mojo with crit.

I hope I get enough for the chest to buy my Zuni chest tho.

syllogism

3 socket Tal's chest.

High int roll, low vita roll.

It's auctionhousing time!

Man, I'm getting chills at the thought I will need over 100M for either a Zuni ring or a Zuni mojo with crit.

I hope I get enough for the chest to buy my Zuni chest tho.
You can get a crit zuni ring for 100m on US? Right now there are only 7 crit zunis on EU AH and the cheapest one is 300m. I wonder where they all went because I'm sure they were way more numerous and cheaper until recently. I'm glad I got mine for 160m, especially since it also has 28-69 damage and perfect AR roll.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
You can get a crit zuni ring for 100m on US? Right now there are only 7 crit zunis on EU AH and the cheapest one is 300m. I wonder where they all went because I'm sure they were way more numerous and cheaper until recently. I'm glad I got mine for 160m, especially since it also has 28-69 damage and perfect AR roll.

I just checked and saw a comple with 110M as initial bid.

But yeah, they've gotten awfully expensive =((

Anywyas, 1.05 is gonna deflate the ring market since they're tossing in the new legendary from the uber bosses.

edit: I HOPE

edit2: holy crap i must be drunk or something, you are right...

edit3: crit chance zuni mojo 400+ hovers around 100M, might be my way into the 4 set bonus...

syllogism

According to some taiwanese/chinese article the ring is account bound and crafting it requires farming for more ingredients and it has only one guaranteed good prop, so I'm not sold on it deflating the ring market. You will still need another good ring anyway.

linsivvi

According to some taiwanese/chinese article the ring is account bound and crafting it requires farming for more ingredients and it has only one guaranteed good prop, so I'm not sold on it deflating the ring market. You will still need another good ring anyway.

Yeah the spec was posted over the weekend.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?840131-New-Legendary-ring-quot-Hellfire-Ring-quot-datamined
hellfire.png

It's not going to crash the ring market. You can't sell it and you still need a second ring. If it does crash I'd be happy though, I'm looking for a Natalya's Reflection with crit and it's over 200M right now.

The ring should give you something to do other than mindlessly farming act 3 over and over again. Instead you want to keep farming for the ring until you get one with your main stat + 3 or 4 useful props. I hope the useless ones can be turn into fiery brimstone though.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters

Can't feel too bad for you. I'm at p20 with zero legendaries post 1.0.4. To make matters worse, in that same period I've only found one item worth more than 1m (sold it for 1.2m). I'm playing a loot game that doesn't have any loot :(.

Will probably quit soon...I don't see the point.

Yeah the spec was posted over the weekend.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?840131-New-Legendary-ring-quot-Hellfire-Ring-quot-datamined
hellfire.png

It's not going to crash the ring market. You can't sell it and you still need a second ring. If it does crash I'd be happy though, I'm looking for a Natalya's Reflection with crit and it's over 200M right now.

The ring should give you something to do other than mindlessly farming act 3 over and over again. Instead you want to keep farming for the ring until you get one with your main stat + 3 or 4 useful props. I hope the useless ones can be turn into fiery brimstone though.

I will farm that until I get one with Dex and any one of the big three IAS, CRIT DMG or CRIT %. That 35% exp bonus is pretty sweet.

Jeez thats an amazing ring. Hopefully they make it pretty difficult to get...

Leoric Signet is going to crash on price big time.

Why do you think that, you still have another ring slot to put them in...I think with the hype over an "exp ring" I can see them going up in demand. People will say thats a nice exp boost on that Hellfire Ring, buttttt It would be nice if it went even faster!

linsivvi

Leoric Signet is going to crash on price big time.

Yes, although they will probably retain some value since I think only players pretty well geared can farm the hellfire ring and you can only wear one of them anyway. Now you can wear a Leoric and a Hellfire and put a 31% red gem on your helmet for an almost 100% xp bonus. Then you can give your follower a pair of those rings too.

so did the sever get fixed in 1.0.5????

Not yet...

Hey guys, thanks for your posts and, more importantly, your patience!

We are actively working on bringing the PTR back up. It's the first one ever for Diablo III, so it's a little rough around the edges. I'll post back when I have some more info.

The currently goal is to get the PTR back up by the end of today so you guys can check it out before Mists of Pandaria launches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom