• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been on a streak of getting legendaries. Was leveling up a barb and got this. It has a very crazy exploding proc to it that happens often. Just wish it would have had some strength but I'm going to still use.

ii8p1yPl7QaNb.png

Gotta love the auction house sometimes.

Not bad at all.

I gotta say though, sometimes I put some pretty decent items like these for like 500k and for days it just doesn't move.

I guess sometimes I'd rather just sell something for really cheap than have it stagnant in my inventory.

Oh btw, managed to sell a crappilly rolled Firewalkers for 10.5m. I was pretty happy, I thought it was going to go for maybe 2 or 3m.

Revoh

I got a Tasker and Neo yesterday, I don't play Barb, are those gloves any good?, they are relatively cheap on the AH

Depends on the rolls, I saw a godlike one on the AH the other day. Had something like all the primary stats, vit, ar, attack speed, crit chance, +armor and socket. That's the dream man.

edit: I've sold the manticore for 4m on the trade chat, nice I guess

Another brimstone!
Damn, 3 today so far

Got that one like a week ago, yep Brimstone material
Depends on the rolls, I saw a godlike one on the AH the other day. Had something like all the primary stats, vit, ar, attack speed, crit chance, +armor and socket. That's the dream man.

Well, that definitely wasn't the rolls I got, all I get is Brimstone material, also got a cindercoat and a some crappy wizard hat with no socket on it. I've been getting legendaries, whoever they have been all crap.

Usually Ill keep em until I have a spot open like If I'm not playing for awhile and start them at brimstone price. Just in case someone is willing to pay more than ~85k

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
After getting like 15 lvl 60-55 legendaries in a row, in the past 2 runs I got a zunimassa chest, a (shitty) lacuni, a couple pretty decent rares, and this:

dThei.jpg

Thankya Jesus.

Dahbomb

No way that Manticore is Brimstone... I would say even the Warmonger is worth a tad bit more than a brim.

I got a legendary too today...the Tormentor. 1088 dps. Gave it to my Enchantress.

Xamdou

This just dropped tonight:

ImmortalsKingEternalReign_zps03491631.jpg

Guys, I was able to sell the Immortal King's Eternal Reign legendary chest armor I found a couple of days ago for $245! :)!

I've made $175 before this so that brings my rmah total to: $420!

Screw the haters, Diablo 3 is the best game ever!

MKAllDay

How important is attack speed on an Archon Wizard? Are there any item slots (glove, ring, ammy) in which I should prioritize attack speed over crit damage? My attack speed is a very low 1.2 attacks per second.

syllogism

And now I get this:

nGcD9.png

I think I've made like 300 mil in the past 2 hours lol
Better sell that quickly as right now on ptr jewellery can get ilvl 63 affixes (ie rings up to 6% crit, necklaces 100% crit dmg) so if that's not an oversight the value of high end rings will crash and that set item in particular will be worthless.
How important is attack speed on an Archon Wizard? Are there any item slots (glove, ring, ammy) in which I should prioritize attack speed over crit damage? My attack speed is a very low 1.2 attacks per second.
Speed itself doesn't matter at all because archon beam attack always attacks twice per second, but you do get full benefit in terms of dps. Whether IAS or crit dmg is better depends on your stats, but in general for gloves and ammy crit damage is better (50%, 65% > 9% IAS) and for rings IAS is slighly better. This is assuming your crit chance is high.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Better sell that quickly as right now on ptr jewellery can get ilvl 63 affixes (ie rings up to 6% crit, necklaces 100% crit dmg) so if that's not an oversight the value of high end rings will crash and that set item in particular will be worthless.

Yeah, I'm aware. Already up on the GAH.

They're nerfing storm chaser in 1.0.5, so IAS is gonna be more important because you'll want to get as many whirlwinds out as quickly as you can to proc critical mass. Having slow attack speed isn't something that's going to make or break the build, but it's definitely a good idea to get as much IAS as you can.

IAS will also be more valuable in general in 1.0.5 since it'll help proc the hellfire ring.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Tried out this new-fangled slow time/meteor build for wizard. Really fun, but also really gear-dependent it seems, and so far less efficient than even nerfed wicked wind builds.
I'll have to switch Energy Armor > Prismatic Armor to Energy Tap (+20 AP instead of -20, so that's a 40 AP increase) and Diamond Skin > Crystal Shell to Prism (all spell costs reduced by 7 AP), as people have had some success with that. This build in general seems to be relying less on melee skills in general, so I'm thinking of dropping explosive blast as well. I'll give it a shot some time.

Max AP gear might finally become a useful affix to have, because meteors take a while to wind up if you have low AP. Astral Presence definitely helps.

MKAllDay

Speed itself doesn't matter at all because archon beam attack always attacks twice per second, but you do get full benefit in terms of dps. Whether IAS or crit dmg is better depends on your stats, but in general for gloves and ammy crit damage is better (50%, 65% > 9% IAS) and for rings IAS is slighly better. This is assuming your crit chance is high.

My crit chance is 44% right now. My rings are 3%crit 29% crit dmg and 3%/23%, among other stats (int/dmg,etc). Should I swap one or both for a crit chance/ias ring or something?

syllogism

My crit chance is 44% right now. My rings are 3%crit 29% crit dmg and 3%/23%, among other stats (int/dmg,etc). Should I swap one or both for a crit chance/ias ring or something?
You really need a dps calculator to know whether that is worthwhile. Sure if you could get exactly the same ring except with IAS instead of crit damage it would be. Also it's worth noting that, in general, the more you have of certain dps stat, the less valuable it becomes in comparison to other stats. So if your IAS is high, it's value somewhat drops compared to for instance intelligence, so you want to have a bit of everything. There are of course other build related considerations as Lost fragment pointed out.

I don't recommend buying expensive rare items right now, especially not jewellery, as 1.05 will flood the market with good rares.

syllogism

So I'm bored of my WD and I'm rerolling as a wizard. Should I be fine to just swap over all of my gear besides swapping to a 1hander/source?

Or are there some 2hander Wizard builds out there. My wiz is only level 32 atm so I can't really test it yet, but I want to buy gear ahead of time.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Seig-1365/hero/2235566
If your skorn had life steal you would be pretty much set for an archon build. With your dps you only need it for packs that reflect so perhaps you could buy some cheap weapon for swapping.

Melville

Perfect Andariel's Visage! Yay!!
5% more fire damage taken
And Intelligence, which is the worst kind if I trust the AH prices. Oh, well ;_;

Edit: no more whining, I id'd some items out of spite and found a trifecta pair of gloves with some vita and poison resist

M.D

I've been farming Act 3 for the past couple of days and so far I had no luck outside of one really nice ring

I'm wondering if I should go back to Act 1? I'm doing fine in Act 3 with 50K dps. I die from time to time but it's not so bad.
I'm sitting at 164 MF in Act 3, but in Act 1 I could have 300+ MF plus killing everything way faster and a very small chance of dieing

turnbuckle

Got my second Immortal King's Irons, both of them are garbage. Tempted to brimstone both of em.

Sold a pair of lvl 62 pants for $7 last night though, and they were only listed for about 15 minutes before they sold. Strange game. They were nice pants though.

Nice! Just got to paragon 30.

I wish I had found an amazing legendary at this point, but hey, life goes on.

I did find a Sunkeeper with 1k dps, 280 dex, 140 vit and some other really nice stats. Too bad it didn't have a socket.

Now on to level 40... jeez. It seems so far away!

Nice! Just got to paragon 30.

I wish I had found an amazing legendary at this point, but hey, life goes on.

I did find a Sunkeeper with 1k dps, 280 dex, 140 vit and some other really nice stats. Too bad it didn't have a socket.

Now on to level 40... jeez. It seems so far away!
I'm close to 40, but I sure don't see 100 being achievable. I honestly still don't even get how that guy got to it so fast!

Hey guys, I've been playing slowly (still only in Nightmare) but I was curious about the new Uber monsters.

I read a bit here, but the information seems fragmented that I can't put the pieces together.

From what I know, you have to collect some parts to make the Infernal machine.
Are these parts available in every game or only certain servers like D2 with Uber Diablo.

How do you know where to find the parts? What kind of clues are given?

And is it an item sink or gold sink to make the parts?

Are the bosses challenging as in they hit hard? I've seen videos of MP being used, and it seems mainly HP has been increased.

Thanks.

turnbuckle

100 will be a cinch if you plan on playing the game for another 6-12 months. The bonus experience from different levels of monster power and the continually collapsing price of leoric's signet along with exp shrines will also help quite a bit. Heck, with the change to damage in inferno you may be able to get away with doing monster power 1 in Cain's set for another exp. bonus depending on your other gear.

kennah

Yeah the spec was posted over the weekend.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?840131-New-Legendary-ring-quot-Hellfire-Ring-quot-datamined
hellfire.png

It's not going to crash the ring market. You can't sell it and you still need a second ring. If it does crash I'd be happy though, I'm looking for a Natalya's Reflection with crit and it's over 200M right now.

The ring should give you something to do other than mindlessly farming act 3 over and over again. Instead you want to keep farming for the ring until you get one with your main stat + 3 or 4 useful props. I hope the useless ones can be turn into fiery brimstone though.

Can someone post the stats of the legendary ring we can craft in the next update?
You just needed to go one page back :)

Wait, I've played this game at launch, barb amargeddon act 3. Stopped playing in arma just before it was patched. I just learned abut parangon levels, what is infernal machine ???

What else did I miss ??

EDIT : wait, 1.5 ?? Where is the changelist ??

God, I feel like I'll have to learn everything again... :(

Nice, can you sell it or is it account bound?

Its account bound and because its a legendary you can only use one.

Leorics might not crash too hard there might be an increase in people wanting more exp% boost. If it does I'm sure as hell getting one. Be close to 100% exp boost. With the ruby t31% 35% hellfire and a 20-30% leorics. Damn. Plus NV exp boosts.

Dahbomb

Wait, I've played this game at launch, barb amargeddon act 3. Stopped playing in arma just before it was patched. I just learned abut parangon levels, what is infernal machine ???

What else did I miss ??

EDIT : wait, 1.5 ?? Where is the changelist ??
You probably missed a ton if you are learning about Paragon levels. That was in patch 1.04 and we are in the PTR 1.05.

Long story short:

*Default Inferno mode has been nerfed all across the board especially since the early days of D3. This includes monster affixes changes including removal of Invulnerable mobs and lowering damage/health.

*Improvements to co-op. MF no longer averages and it's just much better to play in groups now. Monster HP increases are the same across all difficulties.

*Loot drops have been improved and Legendaries/Sets have been improved. In 1.05 you will no longer get items below lvl58. Resplendent chests getting buffed in 1.05 and will act like you just killed a monster. Ilvl61-63 weapons are capable of rolling big damage now. In 1.05 affixes roll based on monster power levels.

*Paragon levels introduced. When you reach 60 you can gain 100 additional levels that give you stat boosts, +3% MF/GF per level. To compensate for this the magic find has been capped at like 300 I believe. Nephalem Valor also increases your EXP gain to 15%+ per level.

*New Monster Power levels introduced. Goes up to 10 levels and increases the health/damage from monsters. You can essentially play original launch Inferno if you up the power levels enough. Increases power levels gives you 25%+ MF/GF and exponentially greater exp per level increased. The MF/GF from MP levels can go over the capped values.

*Infernal machine is similar to the Uber bosses from D2. You collect some pieces by killing some unique monsters that spawn in various acts and then you use the pieces to craft the Infernal Machine. Then you find the area to the Uber bosses and there you have to fight 2 bosses at once (like Ghom + Rakanoth). They have a chance to drop a ring piece and you can craft that into a Hellfire ring which is quite insane because it gives you exp%+ bonus, main stat, 4 random properties and a 3 million proc nuke.

*Various class changes made that nerf some really powerful builds (WW/Critical mass) and buff the lesser used skills. WD has been buffed a lot and DH is supposed to be more diversified in patch 1.05.

Dahbomb

There are a lot more changes than that. I forgot to mention the crowd control changes which operate on a different system now. It's just better to read the patch 1.04 and 1.05 changelog.

Also there are no more enrage timers and monsters don't regain their health if you died or stop attacking them.

You probably missed a ton if you are learning about Paragon levels. That was in patch 1.04 and we are in the PTR 1.05.

Long story short:

*Default Inferno mode has been nerfed all across the board especially since the early days of D3. This includes monster affixes changes including removal of Invulnerable mobs and lowering damage/health.

*Improvements to co-op. MF no longer averages and it's just much better to play in groups now. Monster HP increases are the same across all difficulties.

*Loot drops have been improved and Legendaries/Sets have been improved. In 1.05 you will no longer get items below lvl58. Resplendent chests getting buffed in 1.05 and will act like you just killed a monster. Ilvl61-63 weapons are capable of rolling big damage now. In 1.05 affixes roll based on monster power levels.

*Paragon levels introduced. When you reach 60 you can gain 100 additional levels that give you stat boosts, +3% MF/GF per level. To compensate for this the magic find has been capped at like 300 I believe. Nephalem Valor also increases your EXP gain to 15%+ per level.

*New Monster Power levels introduced. Goes up to 10 levels and increases the health/damage from monsters. You can essentially play original launch Inferno if you up the power levels enough. Increases power levels gives you 25%+ MF/GF and exponentially greater exp per level increased. The MF/GF from MP levels can go over the capped values.

*Infernal machine is similar to the Uber bosses from D2. You collect some pieces by killing some unique monsters that spawn in various acts and then you use the pieces to craft the Infernal Machine. Then you find the area to the Uber bosses and there you have to fight 2 bosses at once (like Ghom + Rakanoth). They have a chance to drop a ring piece and you can craft that into a Hellfire ring which is quite insane because it gives you exp%+ bonus, main stat, 4 random properties and a 3 million proc nuke.

*Various class changes made that nerf some really powerful builds (WW/Critical mass) and buff the lesser used skills. WD has been buffed a lot and DH is supposed to be more diversified in patch 1.05.

Wow thx ! This feel like this should have been 1.0 tough :( I loved the game but arma got me out after act 2 as a Barb. Time to get back ? The darkness is rising... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom