• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xamdou

How much does gold does it cost total to craft flawless, perfect and radiant gems each minus the crafting materials and plans?

Trying to figure out if it's cheaper to buy or just craft em.

Keikaku

How much does gold does it cost total to craft flawless, perfect and radiant gems each minus the crafting materials and plans?

Trying to figure out if it's cheaper to buy or just craft em.

It really depends on your starting base of gems but there are a couple of things to remember. One is that if you just want a Radiant Star anything it's cheaper to just buy them. However, if you want a Perfect Star or Flawless Star, it's more expensive to buy them from the AH ( anywhere from 1-6 million). Keep in mind that I'm talking about equivalent number of gems. For example, when I last played the gem market about a week ago:
  • 1 Radiant Star Topaz: 11.5 million gold
  • 3 Perfect Star Topaz: 13.5 million gold
  • 9 Flawless Star Topaz: 17 million gold
It takes 9 Flawless to make 3 Perfect to make 1 Radiant which is what I mean by equivalent.

If you're looking for the total crafting cost for 1 Radiant Star anything, excluding the cost of plans and Tomes of Secrets and assuming you're starting form the Perfect Square level of gems, you will need a total of 15,400,000 gold.

Scoica

Banned
it took me 20min to fight and the ring material didnt even drop ;;

3o0y7.jpg
dLKR1.jpg

sleepykyo

What's really funny is how closely geared they both are. They have identical sets of stuff which isn't too surprising I guess.

This guy posts often on the Demon Hunter forums on Battle.net. His Manticore is pretty close to the others.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Beast-1449/hero/17456233

I'm slowly building up my gear to be similar though one difference is that I'm sticking with my Legacy Nat's. I'm definitely getting there...with 2 purchases this week I jumped from 100K DPS to 124K.

Over 400k? Yep PvP is going to need a type1, type2 and sealed deck option.

People that have that high of DPS have bought all those godly set items right?

No way someone is that lucky...

Someone in general chat was like HIGH DPS DH looking for farming party. Clicked his guy 307K DPS DH. Had all set and legendary pieces. Dude had only 165 hours on his entire account. He had to of bought that stuff with money...something I wont do...

People that have that high of DPS have bought all those godly set items right?

No way someone is that lucky...

Someone in general chat was like HIGH DPS DH looking for farming party. Clicked his guy 307K DPS DH. Had all set and legendary pieces. Dude had only 165 hours on his entire account. He had to of bought that stuff with money...something I wont do...
Some certainly, but I'm sure others have put in the time. There's quite a few people here that have made some pretty serious amounts of gold/real money selling items found in the game and if you saved that up and put it towards each of the best in slot items, over time you'd be pretty well decked out.

Its just like not only did they get all those set pieces but they got near perfect roll set pieces...

I'm 300 hours in and havent even gotten a single set drop...

Tom Penny

Any advice for my monk?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tsukihiro-1173/hero/9620653

I got 50k DPS buffed and a Wave of Light build. I'll probably have around 30m in gold when i get back home and I'm not sure what to buy or change. I've been wanting a weapon with LoH + Critical damage and sock, but I can't really find anything for the gold that I got :p Same thing with helms, can't find any decent helm with what I got :O

Edit:

AAAAH crap didn`t realize I double posted. My bad.

Ditch the shield and buy a off hand with a socket and crit damage or a Won Khim with 25% lightning damage and socket and run cyclone build.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Currently a paragon level 33 monk and it's still surprising on how Blizzard rigged the drop rate. I'm not expecting a legendary/set piece every hour of farming but you seriously can't expect a typical person play DOZENS of hours and still not find a set piece. The few legendaries that I found the past 20 paragon levels were bad affixes and even 2 Izzuccob level 55 1h DH legendaries in Act 3 inferno.

It's really a slap in the face that Mike said this, " On the flipside, we are also committed to ensuring you have a great experience with Diablo III without feeling like the auction house is mandatory, which was never our intention. Thank you for all the feedback about that."

Blizzard is losing money because people are NOT playing the game with this loot drop rate in this game. Like I said. I've gone through about 15 paragon levels without a set piece drop. It seems like 1.0.5 will fix some of the problems but it's still baffling that they lost alot of customers.

DTKT

Currently a paragon level 33 monk and it's still surprising on how Blizzard rigged the drop rate. I'm not expecting a legendary/set piece every hour of farming but you seriously can't expect a typical person play DOZENS of hours and still not find a set piece. The few legendaries that I found the past 20 paragon levels were bad affixes and even 2 Izzuccob level 55 1h DH legendaries in Act 3 inferno.

It's really a slap in the face that Mike said this, " On the flipside, we are also committed to ensuring you have a great experience with Diablo III without feeling like the auction house is mandatory, which was never our intention. Thank you for all the feedback about that."

Blizzard is losing money because people are NOT playing the game with this loot drop rate in this game. Like I said. I've gone through about 15 paragon levels without a set piece drop. It seems like 1.0.5 will fix some of the problems but it's still baffling that they lost alot of customers.

To be honest, this is really nothing more than wild speculation. No one knows how many players are still active or how the RMAH. I'd bet that it's been a wild success and that Blizzard have made millions on the back of players. I stopped playing because I simply couldn't progress into ACT3 and that farming ACT2 is the most boring thing I could do. It doesn't help that the game has you sifting through garbage in the hope of finding that one good drop. Friend of mine is still playing because he sold something for 200mil and was able to buy some pretty amazing stuff. He's playing because he's now farming the fuck out of ACT3 and is rewarded for that.

I know that I won't have any fun if I keep doing the same stupid run in ACT2. At least, ACT3 is pretty straightforward and doesn't have you running in circles with the hope of finding one elite.Anyway, comes down to this. You have good gear and you can farm Act3? Welcome to having fun and a bigger chance at good drops. Any other way and you're better off not even playing.

Dahbomb

It's not like act 3 drops god tier loot. There is still 99.99% of loot that is garbage in act 3. Act 3 however is better than Act 2 because of concentration of regular mobs. Contrary to popular belief you get more exp from beating a lot of enemies really quickly than killing a pack. Act 3 has a lot of areas where there's a shit ton of enemies in a small area and thus is the best for exp gain. Even if you don't get anything good you can level up slowly and improve yourself.

1.05 will mix it up with the power levels. I am thinking of running act 1 with MP lvl5. I am getting burnt out on doing the same act 3 spots over and over again.

DTKT

It's not like act 3 drops god tier loot. There is still 99.99% of loot that is garbage in act 3. Act 3 however is better than Act 2 because of concentration of regular mobs. Contrary to popular belief you get more exp from beating a lot of enemies really quickly than killing a pack. Act 3 has a lot of areas where there's a shit ton of enemies in a small area and thus is the best for exp gain. Even if you don't get anything good you can level up slowly and improve yourself.

1.05 will mix it up with the power levels. I am thinking of running act 1 with MP lvl5. I am getting burnt out on doing the same act 3 spots over and over again.

Sure, it's not "god-tier", but every small bump in loot helps. But really, what's killing me is the layout. ACT2 is such a mess with the worst possible layouts and mobs. Those bees man, what the fuck. Those small fast things and those big goblin things. I just can't figure out why Blizzard isn't implementing an endless dungeon with random elites and normal monsters. You can even integrate that into the storyline. But I guess it doesn't help that I'm playing a sword and board barb, one of the most boring playstyle in the history of videogames. And now that WW has been nerfed into oblivion, I'm not quite sure what to do with the barb. Also doesn't help that I only have 2 million to spend. See, it's a vicious cycle. I can't progress because I don't have any money, which leads to less items which leads into less chances to strike that magical "20mil" item. :|

I turned into ranting pretty quickly. Sorry about that. I just feel so frustrated with this game, I really want to love it, it's just so poorly made in so many ways. I expected better.

Dahbomb

2h Rend build migh be the future. Also the layout of the VoA and Archive runs is perfectly fine in act 2. Lots of packs in tight areas. I farmed act 2 a lot (and farmed act 1 a lot prior to it) before being act 3 ready.

larvi

I feel the same, I'm plvl 32 on my DH with ~400 hours of playtime and I've only found 1 item that was worth a decent amount ~50mil and nothing else worth more than 10mil. I've found 2 set pieces total, both blackthorne's, the pants which are decent and I'm wearing and the belt which is pretty crappy. I also found one of those Izzuccob's this weekend too, nothing like finding a less than 300dps legendary xbow to really cap off your run. This is with 363mf too, only 12 away from max.

I keep telling myself it's a numbers game and with enough drops I'll eventually get something decent but not so sure anymore.

So I've been playing an hour or two each day...nothing really worthwhile dropped for me since the start of 1.04....and I am Paragon 20 now. And then while farming Act 3...a GREEN ring dropped off an elite in Arreat Crater 2. OMG OMG.

Turns out to be a decently Str rolled Litany of the Undaunted!! Woot!! Quickly sold it off for 70mil, after hearing that in 1.05, rings and amulet will roll i63 mods.

Later on the day, a legendary helm dropped off a mook in Keep Depths. Turns out to be a decently Dex rolled Andariel's Visage...but no socket, /sigh. It can't even go for 3mil!

After lotsa crap drops for 20 paragon levels, I was about to give up. And then, this happened. The game somehow just grips me back in!!

*pats the newly bought Witching Hour*

Thanks RNG!

kennah

Got some gloves tonight.

80 str and vit, 68 all res, 9.5% crit chance and 20% magic find. Oooh yeah :)

Not millions on millions but was a nice upgrade to my mf set.

sleepykyo

2h Rend build migh be the future. Also the layout of the VoA and Archive runs is perfectly fine in act 2. Lots of packs in tight areas. I farmed act 2 a lot (and farmed act 1 a lot prior to it) before being act 3 ready.

Switched out whirlwind for rend and changed from the fury bonus rune on battle rage to the larger damage buff rune. It works but it is pretty dull in comparison. Not to mention getting surrounded is bigger threat without the ability to whirlwind out.

Just saw this on new PTR patch:

Darn. Just bought 2 legendary pieces. Oh well, by time the drop rate makes it to the main game, gold will be worth even less. It amazes me that Vile Wards go for over 50 mil and oh my at the prices for some of the set pieces. eg. Natyla's Sight or chest pieces.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Doubling the chance that legendaries will drop doesn't mean a ton when the drop rate is already as low as it is. I don't think it'll have that huge of an effect on things.

scosher

Doubling the chance that legendaries will drop doesn't mean a ton when the drop rate is already as low as it is. I don't think it'll have that huge of an effect on things.

I think the big thing is that more MF may now have a more noticeable effect on drop rate of legendaries, since it may be multiplicative.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Switched out whirlwind for rend and changed from the fury bonus rune on battle rage to the larger damage buff rune. It works but it is pretty dull in comparison. Not to mention getting surrounded is bigger threat without the ability to whirlwind out.

Darn. Just bought 2 legendary pieces. Oh well, by time the drop rate makes it to the main game, gold will be worth even less. It amazes me that Vile Wards go for over 50 mil and oh my at the prices for some of the set pieces. eg. Natyla's Sight or chest pieces.

Combine Rend with Leap and you'll always have a way out. Without Leap the build would be slightly more dull. I moved from bash to cleave as my cleave crits with Rupture hit for 300k and surrounding mobs take a ton of damage from the mobs that die from cleave.

Blizz should just go ahead and hotfix the legendary drop rate in right now. It is ABSURD that I haven't gotten any legendary or any set pieces in 21 p levels.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I think the big thing is that more MF may now have a more noticeable effect on drop rate of legendaries, since it may be multiplicative.

Yeah that's true. Hard to say how much it will really affect markets though. But there'll definitely be more legendaries around to choose from.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Something I don't think was mentioned in the notes: "Adds % to whatever damage" is getting buffed. Right now, it only adds to your minimum damage, but on PTR, it ads to both minimum and maximum. So if you're gonna be in the market for that kind of gear, might be a good time to pick some up. That kind of stuff is already going up in value on the AH.

I tried doing something a bit different with my Monk and went with, FoT - Quickening, Dashing Strike - Quicksilver (10 spirit cost) along with Exalted Soul and Wave of Light for the spirit dump.

No wonder everyone uses Thunderclap, all the other runes are slow as shit. Dashing Strike has a ridiculous recovery period. I thought it would emulate the dash from Thunderclap but it doesn't, not even close. A no frills Stygian Crawler pack took me about 2 minutes to kill because they kept running away after I did the Dashing Strike.

This might work in Act 1 after the patch, but in Act 3 with all that runaway bullshit it feels unnecessarily challenging.

I hope Blizzard looks into this class at some point because everyone use using the same fucking build.

Xamdou

Something I don't think was mentioned in the notes: "Adds % to whatever damage" is getting buffed. Right now, it only adds to your minimum damage, but on PTR, it ads to both minimum and maximum. So if you're gonna be in the market for that kind of gear, might be a good time to pick some up. That kind of stuff is already going up in value on the AH.

Source to % elemental damage buff?

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Wow talk about irony, bitch about the drop rate and now they doubled it. I wonder if I should just dump all my gear now while the price is still decent and wait a week after the patch comes out for cheap gear

Xamdou

Wow talk about irony, bitch about the drop rate and now they doubled it. I wonder if I should just dump all my gear now while the price is still decent and wait a week after the patch comes out for cheap gear

It's safe to say that gear will definitely be cheaper since the auction house will be flooded with legendaries after patch 1.05. I am thinking of the same exact thing as you.

But I am thinking in the long run, if they do nerf the one with everything passive for monks by the end of the year I will have to get rid all my arcane gear and go all resistance.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Depends on how much total physical +min-max damage you have, which I don't know. And even if I did, I'm too lazy to do your math for you.

tafer

Welp, If they are going to increase the drop rate of legendaries, they better do something about good old rares... they'll be worthless after this patch! (Much, much better rolls would be a nice start, I'm getting tired of ilvl63 with rolls that belong to ilvls < 20)

syllogism

So my Inna's favor belt has: add 8% to holy damage. I am currently at 85,106.60 dps, so how much more dps will I get?
A very rough guess would be ~1.6% more, so maybe 5k dps. Maybe a bit less as the min/max range is more skewed for a wizard due to source.

Also no point in buying a chantodo now unless you absolutely need the IAS to make your build work. A good triumvirate will be better dps.

Talaysen

Was messing around in act 1 and got an amulet upgrade for my wizard.

+70 Dex
+215 Vit
+15 All Res
+60% Crit Damage
+5.5% Crit Chance

Tempted to just sell it since supposedly rings/amulets will be cheaper after the patch, but I'm having trouble finding similar things. Lowering the values by a bit and removing the all res still only brings up stuff above 15m, one of which actually has a bid. Is it really worth that much?

Xamdou

A very rough guess would be ~1.6% more, so maybe 5k dps. Maybe a bit less as the min/max range is more skewed for a wizard due to source.

Also no point in buying a chantodo now unless you absolutely need the IAS to make your build work. A good triumvirate will be better dps.

I am a monk :p

Still extra dps boost sounds awesome! Extra hype for the upcoming patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom