• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

syllogism

I am a monk :p

Still extra dps boost sounds awesome! Extra hype for the upcoming patch.
Yes my point was that because your damage range is more balanced, the fix may have slightly smaller impact

e: heh, storm armor lightning strikes are pretty frequent and fun now, but a bit buggy; they hit exactly for 100% (or 130% with rune) paper sheet dps every single time.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Just saw this on the AH:

JZ3bq.jpg

Jesus Christ.

Also no point in buying a chantodo now unless you absolutely need the IAS to make your build work. A good triumvirate will be better dps.

Yeah there's a triumvirate with a 93-373 damage roll and 9 apoc up now for like 200 mil. Kinda thinking about pulling the trigger, but I hate spending money.

Legendary #15. Two Handed Axe. Oh shit, Skorn or something? Oh no just a stupid fucking Messershishdasd Axe barely breaking 1000dps. Fuck YOU BLIZZARED

Untitled-52.png

I'm being tested.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I don't get it: CM wizards only just got new interesting builds that require good gear (meteor builds), and already they've halved proc coefficients :(.

Celegus

Doubled legendary drops? Woot! I prefer to find and use my own gear whenever possible, as well as gear for my wife since I play more than her. We have at least one of every class to 60, so just about anything decent is useful. Patch sounds so good.

Celegus

Touche. I don't claim to be an expert on children, but I have my doubts a great big pile of salt is going to do a small child much good. Two year olds probably aren't very good at Diablo either, so you're pretty stuck.

When we first got engaged like 4 years ago, I made my wife promise that we wouldn't have kids until Diablo 3 came out because it will turn me into a terrible father. Not that we really want kids, but definitely no babies when there is Diablo to be played. Priorities... I has them?

kennah

Touche. I don't claim to be an expert on children, but I have my doubts a great big pile of salt is going to do a small child much good. Two year olds probably aren't very good at Diablo either, so you're pretty stuck.

When we first got engaged like 4 years ago, I made my wife promise that we wouldn't have kids until Diablo 3 came out because it will turn me into a terrible father. Not that we really want kids, but definitely no babies when there is Diablo to be played. Priorities... I has them?

lol Celegus, scary stuff, got a kid on the way myself, good thing you can pause the game in single player :lol

I posted this a bunch of pages ago, but it is relevant again :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RteqvxD8CI8

Toddler + Diablo III. Ever since doing that he has been bugging me to play again and again.

I let him do it, but keep an eye, because I'm so terrified that he is going to get a legendary or good drop.

Revoh

I posted this a bunch of pages ago, but it is relevant again :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RteqvxD8CI8

Toddler + Diablo III. Ever since doing that he has been bugging me to play again and again.

I let him do it, but keep an eye, because I'm so terrified that he is going to get a legendary or good drop.

he probably passed by a perfectly rolled IK chest when you were looking away

or a 1500k DPS 100% crit chance, 300 dex, 300 vit, 2 socket manticore

kennah

he probably passed by a perfectly rolled IK chest when you were looking away

or a 1500k DPS 100% crit chance, 300 dex, 300 vit, 2 socket manticore

If you look close you can see the Orange drop in the video :(

He plays on Hell difficulty

kennah

After a little bit of coaching, he picks up drops now, but he will grab everything, even whites and greys. Can't win them all I guess.

After a little bit of coaching, he picks up drops now, but he will grab everything, even whites and greys. Can't win them all I guess.

think of the possibilities, he could be your own Chinese farmer while you are at work, heck I am considering now training my 3 years old son.

M.D

I'm at 121 hours with my Witch Doctor and getting a bit bored.... maybe it's because I'm just doing runs in Act 1/3 and can't find anything worth a damn lol

I really want to play a Demon Hunter (would love to play as any other class actually) but if I'm gonna play one I want to get good gear beforehand so I won't have to play with lame gear like I do with my WD

turnbuckle

Time to sell your rings and amulet.

Hoping everyone follows this logic. Got an amulet with 8.5 crit, 29 MF, 68 All resist, some average damage (can't remember), and a socket. All in all in increased my DPS by about 7k, my resist by 1, and lowered my MF by 11 - but since i was over the cap I'm still capped out with 300 exactly.

Got the amulet for 500k. Love getting in on a good fire sale :p

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
ib2eqQ1GRdsLVO.png

Found this today, though surprisingly I think it's not worth much on the AH unless I searched incorrectly.

The one I found was similar, and I sold it for $75 a monthish ago.

syllogism

ROFL.... WTF!
Actually now I'm seeing screenshots where it's ilvl 63, so maybe ilvl 62 was just inaccurate information based on datamining rather than the actual drop

I wish I could post on the US forums and complain about the rest of the legendary jewellery now being worthless, though

Dahbomb

Actually now I'm seeing screenshots where it's ilvl 63, so maybe ilvl 62 was just inaccurate information based on datamining rather than the actual drop

I wish I could post on the US forums and complain about the rest of the legendary jewellery now being worthless, though
This should be posted up, they can probably put changes in the PTR before the patch actually rolls out.

kennah

You could just search for those properties on the Auction House... It's a pretty straight forward one. No weird qualities that someone wouldn't want.

Didn't catch your edit. Reduce your numbers until you find a hit. Try 100 int, 60 res all, 7ias and socket.
Or drop socket in your search and then add a bunch.

basically - without Crit Chance, odds are someone won't be searching for your Amulet.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Probably a stupid question, but I just replaced my old amulet and was wondering if I could still get a bit of gold for it (or how much):
Hh711.png

+127 INT
+65 RES All
+9% IAS
Socket

There's not much (with exactly similar stats) on the AH as far as I can tell.

Not much... crit chance + crit damage is what people want, the rich want the trifecta.

M.D

Probably a stupid question, but I just replaced my old amulet and was wondering if I could still get a bit of gold for it (or how much):
Hh711.png

+127 INT
+65 RES All
+9% IAS
Socket

There's not much (with exactly similar stats) on the AH as far as I can tell.

I bought this yesterday for 31K.... I don't how big a difference IAS makes

Edit: Looking again your res all is noticeably higher....

u2j0p.jpg

u2j0p

Not much... crit chance + crit damage is what people want, the rich want the trifecta.

FW2oy.jpg

I thought I found something that actually worth some gold but I can't sell this thing -_-
I thought this thing went for 20+- million but now I'm seeing one better than mine for 8.5 million

I played for a small bit last night, I got a one handed rare with almost 1200 in dps. Not sure but it might be my highest for a 1 handed rare. Too bad the rest of the roll was garbage.

M.D

I have time, so I'll start way too high and then slowly go down. It's not as if gold means much to a poor fellow like me, I'm just happy I found something (myself) to replace it. :D

Edit:
Apparently I already got my first offer (at 15kk). Didn't think that would happen. Wow.

Glad for you man cause I can't sell anything on the AH lol :(

I've been experiencing some weird things with the game...
I usually get high latency in the afternoon but in the last couple of days its been unplayable (500-1000 latency) and today the game started acting weird... I'm in the menu and suddenly nothing is working. I tried to start a game but it told me I can't and when I opened that menu to see your characters it doesn't show mine, plus when I pressed the AH button it did nothing, and now I had another weird thing like that happen only that now the AH button was greyed out and it says RTHAH (I think) is unavailable

It also told me to the authenticator code today when I logged in (after those weird things happenedd). Doesn't it usually asks for that on Sunday? Or Saturday?

kennah

Were you downloading anything in the background?

Also it asks for Authenticators one week after the previous use - or when an ip address changes. Your ISP may have done some routing adjustments in the background (maybe to fix your latency issues, heh).

M.D

Were you downloading anything in the background?

Also it asks for Authenticators one week after the previous use - or when an ip address changes. Your ISP may have done some routing adjustments in the background (maybe to fix your latency issues, heh).

Nope didn't download anything... although my internet disconnected shortly after (my dad was on the phone with the internet provider regarding the high latency. I'm guessing they did something, but it sure didn't help lol) so that makes sense for the authenticator I guess?

I had the exact same thing happen now but my internet connection is fine right now

I'm trying to convince my dad to switch to different ISP that people say has no problems with online games. I can't play for most of the day.... can you imagine how many legendaries I could have found? =p

Just found another crappy legendary, one of these days I'll find a decent one. Here's my legendary haul for the week:

The Sultan of Blinding Sand would be interesting with the movement speed affix if it were a 1 hander, otherwise it's junk.

3 legendary items? shitty as they may be these are still legendary items... I did so many Act 1 and 3 runs over the week and all I found was a ring I thought was good and no one wants to buy
Where are you farming and with how much MF?

larvi

Just found another crappy legendary, one of these days I'll find a decent one. Here's my legendary haul for the week:

sobs.png
vigil.png
izzu.png

The Sultan of Blinding Sand would be interesting with the movement speed affix if it were a 1 hander, otherwise it's junk.

Two Cindercoats in one day. Actually, about six legendaries and one set piece in the last 36 hours. They pretty much all fucking suck though. The hands-down best is a Dead Man's Legacy Quiver that rolled with Int.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom