• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

larvi

Got my mf up to 368, only 7 more to go to max. Found 2 more crappy legendaries tonight as well. A Death Watch Mantle and Three Hundreth Spear. No set pieces in about a month here either.

koji

You guys check that D3Bit? It actually works, have to be in windowed mode though (or windowed fullscreen)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/10mdp1/d3bitcom_d3upcom_ingame_item_comparisons/

Great for when I'm doing AH shit at work :lol

The stuff people have to do to have a working ah compare is crazy though...

In other news, I can't sell a thing on the AH lately, granted the stuff is not that great but I already stopped pricing against the AH (average market price is crazy, even for shit/mediocre items imo) and put a price on it that I would pay myself but that isn't working either. Sucks that if an item isn't a perfect mix of stats it's ready for the garbage bin... (Some good items in there as well, not even selling for 200k :lol, sad)

tafer

You guys check that D3Bit? It actually works, have to be in windowed mode though (or windowed fullscreen)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/10mdp1/d3bitcom_d3upcom_ingame_item_comparisons/

Great for when I'm doing AH shit at work :lol

The stuff people have to do to have a working ah compare is crazy though...

In other news, I can't sell a thing on the AH lately, granted the stuff is not that great but I already stopped pricing against the AH (average market price is crazy, even for shit/mediocre items imo) and put a price on it that I would pay myself but that isn't working either. Sucks that if an item isn't a perfect mix of stats it's ready for the garbage bin... (Some good items in there as well, not even selling for 200k :lol, sad)

Yep, same here... can't sell anything. And if it sells, it's at 1/10 (or less) of its price pre 1.0.4. Sadly, decent rares or legendaries kept their price.

Welp, it is the best moment ever for guys starting inferno, but a complete nightmare for those starting "post inferno".

syllogism

I was going to bid on a 1280 dps wand with 99 crit dmg+socket, but someone just bid 970m so I guess that's not going to happen...

There's still 21h to go too

e: now 1.176 billion

e2: 1.92b

koji

Yep, same here... can't sell anything. And if it sells, it's at 1/10 (or less) of its price pre 1.0.4. Sadly, decent rares or legendaries kept their price.

Welp, it is the best moment ever for guys starting inferno, but a complete nightmare for those starting "post inferno".

Yeah I stripped my 60 alts pre 1.04 but I've been putting gear on them again cause it's such a shame to vendor some of that stuff. It would never sell on the AH atm... You can get a good act 1 set for 150k atm I think, maybe even less...

I was going to bid on a 1280 dps wand with 99 crit dmg+socket, but someone just bid 970m so I guess that's not going to happen...

There's still 21h to go too

I need to get in on that action, I've got 2.2m!

BLU-82

Sorry for the price check but I have been running through AH for a few minutes trying to get an rough idea of this rings value. Nothing seems to have this combo of stats (EU). I had to turn off dex, average dmg, phys resist and crit chance just to see something similar (which was going for 5 million). Only the one ring came up... and that was with all that shit turned off.
I may just run with this ring anyway but If it's worth a lot would it be worth selling this now before new patch?
Im thinking due to the phys resist and high all res /dex that it may be better suited to a monk, willing to pay more than what its worth to me (as a barb).

Screenshot008.jpg

koji

Ring market is in a pretty bad place atm, I'd just go ahead and use it looking at the stat increases you'll gain.

Hopefully they will include the comparison in the game AH eventually because of this. I thought I was upgrading my amulet ditching 100 dex and 55 Crit Damage for a 8.5 Crit Chance 61 Crit Damage amulet.

Turns out it was only a 2k dps upgrade. Really thought it'd have been more.

M.D

I need some advice...

I'm farming Act 3 with my WD and I'm sitting at 51K DPS.
I can handle for the most part but some elite mobs just kick my ass and can cost me a couple of deaths and repairs (plus health potions and time)

The only stat that provides me health is 268 LOH from my ring and the one you see on my weapon

I'm thinking about switching to this Axe that I saw on the AH (It's 400K)

Q8Ab6.jpg

I would preferred LOH but life after kill can still help me since I kill normal mobs fairly quickly and it can provide me with lots of health when I need it in situations when there's a large mob or an elite pack + normal mobs

Should I buy it? I don't know how much of a hit I'll take on my DPS if it all since it has higer INT and IAS but I have no idea how to calculate that stuff

Edit: FUUUU
I can't find it now.... probably sold? :(

If you do upgrade I think I'd wait for a better Skysplitter. One with 190+ Int and a higher Regen 500 or so. This was mine but its Dex not Int.

Untitled-50.png

Perhaps someone has one that rolled LoH? Or you could wait til someone does I don't think they go for much anyways so itd still be low cost.

Melville

You might also want to look at the legendary Last Breath, it's got the same affix as Sever, which does insane damage when you kill an ennemy. If you get one with life steal on it you are entirely healed every time you kill something. Last Breath also has good life regen (400-600 I think) and lots of Intelligence.

But be careful, I think Blizzard is going to nerf the life steal effect on Sever and Last Breath, since they stated it's a bug... It could be a temporary solution until they nerf it, at least.

You might also want to look at the legendary Last Breath, it's got the same affix as Sever, which does insane damage when you kill an ennemy. If you get one with life steal on it you are entirely healed every time you kill something. Last Breath also has good life regen (400-600 I think) and lots of Intelligence.

But be careful, I think Blizzard is going to nerf the life steal effect on Sever and Last Breath, since they stated it's a bug... It could be a temporary solution until they nerf it, at least.

Please, could you link to where blizzard said that?

V_Arnold

Uhm, no. Blizzard will not nerf a mechanic instead of an item. Not temporarily, not permanently.

M.D

Thanks for the suggestions!

I went with the Last Breath suggestion mainly because it doesn't look like they will nerf it in the upcoming patch so hopefully by the time they do I would find (lol) or could afford something better

I'm bidding on this (currently at 810K but I won't get go much higher so hopefully I can win this)

hJzhu.jpg

There is one without the life steal and less base damage for a buyout option of 770K, but I want this mainly for the life steal bug/glitch/whatever

If you have any other suggestions about what gear I could upgrade (I currently have 3.4 million) or skills they would be welcome :)

My Profile (I'm using the Dire Bats skill for second primary I just changed it to check that skill)

Vodh

Will people ever learn the difference between "could have been better, was a little disappointing for some" and "a complete fucking failure"? Don't ever go on bnet forums unless you want to absorb your weekly dose of negativity.

mackaveli

Blizzard is pissing me off.

I cannot log into my Diablo 3 account. It says due to suspcious activity my account has been locked. I go through the steps to reset my password etc., and when I relogin with the new password it says my account is locked.

I've done this four times.

What is going on?

I just want to play diablo 3..

syllogism

Blizzard is pissing me off.

I cannot log into my Diablo 3 account. It says due to suspcious activity my account has been locked. I go through the steps to reset my password etc., and when I relogin with the new password it says my account is locked.

I've done this four times.

What is going on?

I just want to play diablo 3..
Attach an authenticator, should solve the issue. Use winauth

Will people ever learn the difference between "could have been better, was a little disappointing for some" and "a complete fucking failure"? Don't ever go on bnet forums unless you want to absorb your weekly dose of negativity.

It's just so bad reasonable opinions don't even bother to participate in the conversations, I'm sure Blizzard goes elsewhere for realistic feedback.

So I've gotten to the point where every upgrade seems to be worlds more than I can afford. I think I could probably upgrade my left ring, but I plan on using a Hellfire ring when 1.0.5 drops, so I'm not sure whether I want to invest in it now. Can anyone suggest any viable upgrades for my character?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ForeverEnder-1925/hero/22820981

I don't know how DHs work... but a helmet with 4% crit and an amulet with Crit and CrtDmg should be on the cheaper end of the spectrum for upgrades for you.

Edit: Two-Hand bow with huge crit damage and a socket? ... Not sure why you're using a one hand.

Mystery

I don't know how DHs work... but a helmet with 4% crit and an amulet with Crit and CrtDmg should be on the cheaper end of the spectrum for upgrades for you.

Edit: Two-Hand bow with huge crit damage and a socket? ... Not sure why you're using a one hand.

Crit/socketed Natalya's Sight is a bit too expensive for me at the moment. I'll look into an amulet upgrade, though. Last I checked dex/9IAS/cc/cd ammys were over a hundred mil; maybe prices have gone down. And I'm using a 1-handed xbow for the discipline, attack speed, and Archery bonus of +10% crit chance.

Crit/socketed Natalya's Sight is a bit too expensive for me at the moment. I'll look into an amulet upgrade, though. Last I checked dex/9IAS/cc/cd ammys were over a hundred mil; maybe prices have gone down. And I'm using a 1-handed xbow for the discipline, attack speed, and Archery bonus of +10% crit chance.

Ah right, yeah the triple on the necklace would be brutal. Get that comparision mod posted earlier in the thread and see if the attack speed is more beneficial than crit chance on the ammy.

You're pretty set aside from those huge ticket items.

Edit: Keep in mind that expensive upgrades are somewhat offset by selling your old piece... if you can get a new helmet for like 50 mil (No idea, just numbers) and sell your old one for like 25 mil, you end up with a much cheaper upgrade than you realize. I've actually MADE money upgrading some pieces over time. It's funny how it works.

(Extra edit: If you're not that keen on a socketed helmet (overrated imo) you can probably make a profit upgrading.)

kennah

Ugh, just spent 1.8 million to go up 200dps and 2,000 hp, but down 24 all resist.

EDIT: Lol, ok, I'd be more upset, but this

Screenshot062.jpg

Sold for 18 million.

Dahbomb

That's a similar build that I messed with. Rend + 2h (probably Skorn) might be the new budget Barb build in 1.05. WW is still going to be viable but at like high end gear.

That's a similar build that I messed with. Rend + 2h (probably Skorn) might be the new budget Barb build in 1.05. WW is still going to be viable but at like high end gear.

Rend isn't my main attack though.

Battle Rage/Bloodshed = 20% to surrounding creatures when you crit. I crit for like 300k, that's 60k to everything around.

+

Cleave/Rupture - Exploding things everywhere.

Rend is if I need to top up on health.
Ignorance is Bliss is my get out of jail free card.
Wrath is really only used on bosses or ultimate get out of jail card/I don't like that elite combodieintwohits button. I could probably use Wrath WAY more and not have any adverse effects.

Revoh

Made a new hero, picked a DH, reached lvl 14 and stopped playing. It's so goddamn boring playing on normal difficulty all over again.

neoism

Welp that was fast. Unfortunately the streak of piss and shit continues!

Untitled-55.png

I some how got lucky with mine...it was better but not much same leg... sold it for 1.2mil best sale I ever had... wish I could play 1.0.4 but its over... bliz really needs the patch out NOW!...... :( not playing til then

Where is everyone going to farm in 1.0.5?

I'm going to rock out between A1/A2 and maybe the occasional A3. Going to hopefully be able to cope around ML4-5.

I have a question I found a helm that is

137 strength
44 int
30 arcane resist
9% life
16% MF
Socket

Now if you put 135 strength 9% life 15%MF and Has Socket, all the imo useful things about it. You don't find anything until 140million buyout then you only get one match for an Immortal King. Although thats a set item with Crit Chance, 50 more strength, and 20% MF. So anyone have an idea?

Will this helm go for anything? Or is it a close but not close enough kinda thing?

First time I ever thought I've had something worth more than 4m lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom