• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still bored as shiiiiit, where dat patch. Just rush it out. Got me one of these in the meantime, any witch doctas know if it's good?:

ynDA9.png

No Vit kinda kills it. But you should be able to get 1-2 million.

I started it at 1mil with no buyout a bit ago. Saw a helm actually for 4m a little better being bid on with 9 hours left but not much else like it.

Didn't know if Life% was a replacement for Vit.

TheExodu5

Banned
Trying the game for the first time since 1.04...god I hate it. Impossible to kite anything as a Witch Doctor. Still just smashing my head against the wall...it's a stats battle, nothing more.

kennah

I started it at 1mil with no buyout a bit ago. Saw a helm actually for 4m a little better being bid on with 9 hours left but not much else like it.

Didn't know if Life% was a replacement for Vit.

It isn't. Even 50 vit is better than a percentage of life. Because you need to have a high vit to be able to take advantage of it.

The good ones are the ones that stack vit and life percentage.

M.D

If I can't sell it for the price I want in a day or two or so I'll give it to you if you still haven't got what you want.

:p

The auction for the one I want to buy is ending in an hour and already at 1.8M
I've got 4.4M right now so I may be able to afford it, but I'm not sure if it's smart to invest half of my gold on something that Blizzard could nerf in the near future
BTW are you from EU or US?

I finally found a legendary after a week of farming Act 1/3. I switched my gear to get 211MF instead of 143 so maybe that did the trick.
Guess what I found?

2iMTI.jpg

lol

Revoh

Sold all my old MF gear. I remember that I bought this before the first nerf to inferno, back when we used to swap gear before an elite kill. I spend like 10m on it. With Paragon levels and Monster Levels raising you MF% there's really no point in investing on GF/MF, imo.

:p

The auction for the one I want to buy is ending in an hour and already at 1.8M
I've got 4.4M right now so I may be able to afford it, but I'm not sure if it's smart to invest half of my gold on something that Blizzard could nerf in the near future
BTW are you from EU or US?
US server

Have done maybe about 4 or 5 full speed runs in A3 and haven't found anything worth a penny.

Speed runs are great and they save you a lot of time and energy, but if you don't find anything, just selling I62 and i63 gear makes it really hard for you to come up with any gold.

Oh well, at least I got a couple paragons from it :p

Dr_Faust

Neo Member
Sold all my old MF gear. I remember that I bought this before the first nerf to inferno, back when we used to swap gear before an elite kill. I spend like 10m on it. With Paragon levels and Monster Levels raising you MF% there's really no point in investing on GF/MF, imo.

Does gear swapping works the same as before only that you need to swap less mf as you gain paragon level?

M.D

US server

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, thanks for trying! :)

The one I wanted had a 2.6M offer 10 minutes before it closed... too much for me
I put a couple of items on sale and I won't play the game for at least 2 days so maybe I'll come back and have a nice surprise.. OK, probably not.

Have done maybe about 4 or 5 full speed runs in A3 and haven't found anything worth a penny.

Speed runs are great and they save you a lot of time and energy, but if you don't find anything, just selling I62 and i63 gear makes it really hard for you to come up with any gold.

Oh well, at least I got a couple paragons from it :p

How much DPS do you have? At what point can you run through Act 3? I still can't 1 shot a normal mob with 51K DPS and elite mobs take some time...

I barely die in Act 1 runs with 21K DPS

Melville

NaFOQ.gif

First set item ever!!

mGZ8s.jpg

*checks potential stats on battle.net before ID*

+(32-130)–(33-484) Damage

WHY BLIZZARD

Edit: Well, it could have been worse

n1hiJ.jpg

Max average is something like 300 damage, mine has ~200

mackaveli

found my first unique in awhile. Just started playing.

It's lvl 63 shoulders. Going to identify it later, hopefully its amazing!

and i didn't even know i had a unique until i looked in my inventory and saw it.

awesome

NaFOQ.gif

First set item ever!!

mGZ8s.jpg

*checks potential stats on battle.net before ID*

WHY BLIZZARD

Edit: Well, it could have been worse

n1hiJ.jpg

Max average is something like 300 damage, mine has ~200

I sold one that had lower damage (I think around 150) but was otherwise a good roll for $100.

Vicros

What's the deal with set pieces?
1ukBA.jpg

Just how much more rare than a standard legendary are they? I don't expect one everyday - or even one every two weeks - but come on. In the hundreds of hours I've spent on this game I've only found one. Is this a normal number? Am I below average?

I find legendary items pretty regularly now. Of course most of them are useless but I still find them. Its been 150+ hours played before 1.0.4 hit, and 32 paragon levels after since I last found a set item. I'm starting to feel like my install is broken or something.

Where is everyone going to farm in 1.0.5?

I'm going to rock out between A1/A2 and maybe the occasional A3. Going to hopefully be able to cope around ML4-5.

Anywhere but act three. Can't wait to roll through act one with monster power jacked up. Should be a nice change of pace.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
1ukBA.jpg

Just how much more rare than a standard legendary are they? I don't expect one everyday - or even one every two weeks - but come on. In the hundreds of hours I've spent on this game I've only found one. Is this a normal number? Am I below average?

I find legendary items pretty regularly now. Of course most of them are useless but I still find them. Its been 150+ hours played before 1.0.4 hit, and 32 paragon levels after since I last found a set item. I'm starting to feel like my install is broken or something.

Anywhere but act three. Can't wait to roll through act one with monster power jacked up. Should be a nice change of pace.

p23 here and I've only seen 2 legendaries (both junk) and never a set piece. Post 1.0.4 I've only found one item that sold for over 1m. Think my install is totally broken as well.

Bento

Has an approx. time for the release of 1.0.5 been given? Really want to head back in but would like to see this new patch implemented first :)

I've gotten to Ghom in Act III, but that's proven to be quite the wall and even getting that far is completely dependent on how lucky I get with the affixes on champ packs on the way.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dmillika-1513/hero/1509268

Looking at this, I obviously need more resists; is there anything else that looks glaring?

More res, life and more loh or add life leech

Try 700 all res and 40k life: even if you could manage less, you'll need really good loh to balance it

also change your mantra to hard target or even healing one to get life per second

More res, life and more loh or add life leech

Try 700 all res and 40k life: even if you could manage less, you'll need really good loh to balance it

also change your mantra to hard target or even healing one to get life per second

Awesome - thanks for the help.

Yay more Act 2 farming

Awesome - thanks for the help.

Yay more Act 2 farming

Don't

Hi jack act 3 group and try to tank a bit : it's hard and frustrating because you don't have the gear but you can get a bit of support or being carried a bit

If you are a baller, switch for conviction and give your group a good dps boost: your dps isn't bad for your level: you have to balance it with tanking and once you got a nice spot, rise your ias, cc and crit dmg to sky rocket that dps

dps as monk is the hardest thing to do : you have zero passive dps multiplier and even the active one aren't as good as all the other class

but being an efficient dps monk, is the best feeling ever: carrying a group of DH braging about their 200k dps with SS but getting one shot while I tank and dps Ghom solo, is priceless

Xamdou

I've gotten to Ghom in Act III, but that's proven to be quite the wall and even getting that far is completely dependent on how lucky I get with the affixes on champ packs on the way.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dmillika-1513/hero/1509268

Looking at this, I obviously need more resists; is there anything else that looks glaring?

I suggest getting at least 600 all resistance for act 3 inferno. You should get two weapons with life steal and a slot to put a high critical gem in it or add a life in hit gem. If u can add mantra of conviction so you can do more damage. For critical chance try to get 30% and do sweeping wind since your going for a critical build.

LoL thats why I won't even step on that PTR. I know the second I do I'll get me a high roll double socketed manticore that shoots out Natalyas bloody Footprints at enemies.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, thanks for trying! :)

The one I wanted had a 2.6M offer 10 minutes before it closed... too much for me
I put a couple of items on sale and I won't play the game for at least 2 days so maybe I'll come back and have a nice surprise.. OK, probably not.

How much DPS do you have? At what point can you run through Act 3? I still can't 1 shot a normal mob with 51K DPS and elite mobs take some time...

I barely die in Act 1 runs with 21K DPS

Are you a monk?

I have about 49k DPS but I use a shield with 8.5% critical instead of dual wield. I have about 48.5% critical with my monk and use a sweeping wind build now.

If you know how to setup sweeping wind (i saw a couple guides) you don't really need insane DPS to get a really good damage out of it. I put a 1.2k DPS weapon, use blind flash and breath of heaven and activate sweeping wind with my regular weapon. With my setup it puts me at 79k dps for 3 seconds and that's when sweeping wind starts gobbling up monsters :p

Right now every single monk out there will tell you need to dual wield and use overawe. It's true it adds a ton of DPS, but it's costly and needs a lot of gear. I was dying against some elite packs with overawe aura and since then switch to dodge aura + hard target until I find a set of weapons that will work with it. I have a passive skill which adds 30% of critical to dodge chance so I don't really die too often, unless I get a really nasty elite. Most of the times I can kite something nasty for a few seconds until serenity or blind flash activates and can proceed to troll the elite.

You just gotta find good advice on the internet and start applying to your build, I guess.

syllogism

1ukBA.jpg

They aren't rarer than the other ilvl 63 legendaries. If you are farming act 3, 16.3% of legendaries will be ilvl 63 and out of those some will roll a set legendary. There aren't many set weapons, so that further lowers the odds of getting one. If the base item type is a ilvl 63 piece of armor, it's usually going to be a set item.

woober

i7aMbNHPPvniy.png

Just found this on an Act 3 run! Dat ridiculous damage increase (bug due to my offhand).

O.O How much should I list this for?

tafer

Ok serious question, I noticed something weird when trying to place bids on certain items.

It goes like this:
-Interesting item on AH.
-Item doesn't change its current bid for minutes, I try to refresh the screen and it doesn't seem to change.
-I place my bid. (Minimal bid)
-The bid is not accepted, the game tells me that it is too low.
-I refresh, once again, and the new current bid shown is the minimal bid.
-Ok, it could be a coincidence.
-I try again the same thing: wait, refresh and bid. With the same result.
-Ok, this is getting weird.
-I put a strong bid, waaaay above the minimal bid... same result.
-Ok, this is scary.
-I put, once again, a new strong bid... bingo! At this point we are talking about 5x+ times the original bid.

An AH bug?

woober

Nice find! Do you play on the US or EU servers?

Thanks! I play on the US.

I hope i can make bajillions off of this for all the other shitty legenday items I've found. I wonder if it'd be smarter for me to sell this after the patch when people can easily compare items with their equips. But then I don't want the value of the item to drop...

i7aMbNHPPvniy.png

Just found this on an Act 3 run! Dat ridiculous damage increase (bug due to my offhand).

O.O How much should I list this for?

My god. I'd love to give this baby a go with my monk using my old Wave of Light build. I could probably one-shot just about everything in the game.

Good luck with the sale! :)

woober

My god. I'd love to give this baby a go with my monk using my old Wave of Light build. I could probably one-shot just about everything in the game.

Good luck with the sale! :)

I gave it to my friend who plays a monk and does 90k damage unbuffed (i believe?) with my skorn (120k buffed) and he said the 5% life steal gives him 4k hp. Sounds sick as hell, though I'll be taking it back from him soon. :p

Thanks for the luck! Would I be crazy to do an experiment and list it for a starting bid of 1 gold? Either way, I'll update you guys once I've decided to let it go onto the AH.

Xamdou

I gave it to my friend who plays a monk and does 90k damage unbuffed (i believe?) with my skorn (120k buffed) and he said the 5% life steal gives him 4k hp. Sounds sick as hell, though I'll be taking it back from him soon. :p

Thanks for the luck! Would I be crazy to do an experiment and list it for a starting bid of 1 gold? Either way, I'll update you guys once I've decided to let it go onto the AH.

I am sure u can get at least 200mil for it easily. Just do a search on the ah for a similar stats skorn.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Ok serious question, I noticed something weird when trying to place bids on certain items.

It goes like this:
-Interesting item on AH.
-Item doesn't change its current bid for minutes, I try to refresh the screen and it doesn't seem to change.
-Ok, this is scary.
-I put, once again, a new strong bid... bingo! At this point we are talking about 5x+ times the original bid.

An AH bug?

Bidding works like Ebay afaik.

Whooter

It goes like this:
-Interesting item on AH.
-Ok, this is scary.

An AH bug?

That means whomever is holding that minimum bid, has a much higher number as their maximum bid. The current bid won't change until someone exceeds that bidder's max.

Celegus

I have my doubts about tomorrow, but 1.05 would be so nice! I don't think I've ever been this excited for each and every patch in a game ever.

I've been working on collecting achievements until the patch drops, which is also pretty fun. Up to ~3500 points, but hitting 4000 shouldn't be too hard. Does anyone else out there pay attention to or care about the cheevos?

neoism

1ukBA.jpg

220 hours...
# of set pieces....0
# of legs......5 all shitty but one sold for 1.2mil

deal with it....
release 1.0.5 bliz...damn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom